PDA

View Full Version : Horry Not Looking To Play Anymore

duncan228
06-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Horry not looking to play anymore (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nbafinalsnotebook&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Solange Reyner

Robert Horry, known for his tendency to hit big shots in key situations, says he’s not looking to play anymore. He’d rather coach or continue working as a broadcaster.

“I’m more interested in those gigs. I just started putting my name out there,” said Horry, who was at Staples Center for Game 1 of the Lakers-Magic series.

So where would he like to end up?

“I think I have a respect around the league where guys will respect the knowledge I have. I’m a crossroads guy and I have knowledge from both big time eras.”

Teams can certainly grab hints about what it takes to make clutch shots from Horry, who won NBA titles while playing for both the Lakers and Spurs.

So which shots rank on the top of his list?

How about the shot in 2003 when he hit a game-winning 23-foot jumper with no time left to give the Lakers a 97-95 win over the Pacers?

“The shot I made here is always going to be tops. It gives me goosebumps. That’s the only shot I made with no time left on the clock and that’s how you want to make a shot. It’s such a special treat when you can walk off with no time left,” said Horry.

“The shot here, the shot in Detroit and the dunk in Detroit are tops.”

Mel_13
06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
The shot is #1 and the dunk is #6

GHkArsWPZbg

GSH
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I was thinking earlier today that the Spurs should look at getting Horry into a suit. He knew a lot of ways to get a team an edge when it counted. I don't think basketball IQ gets any higher.

exstatic
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I'll always love Rob as a Spur for two reasons: game 5 against Detroit, and Game 3 in 2003 against us. How many big shots have you ever seen Rob miss? If he makes that one, the Lakers probably do what they did the next year when Fish hit that shot in that game 5...beat our asses. Thanks Rob. You were already a Spur, you just didn't know it yet.

rogcl1
06-04-2009, 09:27 PM
The writer makes a point of Horry's titles with the Spurs and Lakers, perhaps he was not yet born with the two on the Rockets. Horry really is old.

smrattler
06-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd love to hear him get comfy as a broadcaster. His basketball insights would probably be great and is he likeable?

He must be. This guy is something else. Who else could go from the hated Rockets helping Hakeem take two titles when David was in his MVP days (should've had one then), then the threepeating Lakers and helping them take 3 titles that we might have won one or two in that stretch and then come here and help us win and we love him like he never played for those other teams. PLUS their fans probably love him too like he never went to the Spurs.

He's THAT likeable.

timvp
06-04-2009, 11:39 PM
That block on Iverson will be forgotten but it was huge. Until that block, that Game 2 against the Nuggets felt like it was heading the wrong way.

Got damn I miss 2005 and 2007 Horry. Bonner would have literally missed every shot in that top ten. :depressed

sananspursfan21
06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
wow, the dunk he did was definitely my favorite. he knew he was old and didn't care, i bet he was sore after that one. that dunk is crazy because most players his age then wouldn't have even attempted to do that dunk, robert horry should become a hall of famer even though he has a low career point total average

lefty
06-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Groundbreaking news

lefty
06-05-2009, 11:02 AM
That block on Iverson will be forgotten but it was huge. Until that block, that Game 2 against the Nuggets felt like it was heading the wrong way.

Got damn I miss 2005 and 2007 Horry. Bonner would have literally missed every shot in that top ten. :depressed
:lmao

Kori Ellis
06-05-2009, 03:51 PM
:wtf

This is posted in a dozen different threads.

Yeah that's mrspurs. Every few weeks he does this (or something related). I'm not sure why.

What's funny is someone saying I work for WOAI radio. :wtf

Amuseddaysleeper
06-06-2009, 01:38 AM
As much as I will always love the MDM shot for obvious reasons, my #1 Spurs moment/shot has to be Rob's game 5 winner against Detroit. Not just the final shot, but the entire second half and overtime of that game was absolutely remarkable. He single handedly saved the entire series for us in that game.

exstatic
06-06-2009, 09:13 AM
As much as I will always love the MDM shot for obvious reasons, my #1 Spurs moment/shot has to be Rob's game 5 winner against Detroit. Not just the final shot, but the entire second half and overtime of that game was absolutely remarkable. He single handedly saved the entire series for us in that game.
The really crazy thing is that it wasn't the second half. With a few seconds left in the 3rd period, he didn't have a point on the board. He ended the third with a 3 pointer, and scored 21 points in 17 minutes and about 5 seconds. Even with a bit over 2 minutes left in regulation, he only had 9 points on the board, meaning that he scored 12 points in a bit over 7 minutes in absolute crunch time.

Watching Rob age out of the game was almost as painful as watching DRob go.