PDA

View Full Version : Lame Article!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
03-30-2005, 08:18 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA033005.2C.BKNspurs.manu.manu.1887392e6.html

Tale of the tape: Manu vs. Man U

Web Posted: 03/30/2005 12:32 AM CST

San Antonio Express-News

Manu Ginobili has helped lead the Spurs to two consecutive victories with Tim Duncan sidelined, including an impressive 83-70 triumph over the Houston Rockets on Sunday. But how does Manu stack up against English soccer power Man U?

Manu also known as: Emanuel

Man U also known as: Manchester United

Manu's age: 27 years old

Man U's age: 127 years old

Manu's Spurs: His employer

Man U's Spurs: A league rival, aka Tottenham Hotspur. Concidentally, Steve Nash grew up dreaming of playing for these Spurs.

Manu's reputation: An All-Star guard known for his flair and fearless drives to the basket.

Man U's reputation: The Yankees of professional soccer.

Manu's money: Signed a six-year, $52 million deal with the Spurs in July.

Man U's Money: May be bought soon by Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer for a reported $1.5 billion. Glazer, who owns 28 percent of the club now, is seeking a controlling interest.

Manu's scary times: There was a plot to kidnap his family in July.

Man U's scary times: Groups have threatened Glazer with violence and even death if he does buy a controlling interest in the club. Many in these groups think of Man U as a British institution that should never be put in the hands of an American.

Manu's celeb connections: Ginobili's Spurs backcourt mate Tony Parker has been romantically linked with actress Eva Longoria.

Man U's celeb connections: Former Man U star David Beckham is perhaps the most well-known athlete in the world. He's married to Victoria, aka Posh Spice of the defunct music group “The Spice Girls.”

MaNuMaNiAc
03-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Manu's reputation: An All-Star guard known for his flair and fearless drives to the basket.

Man U's reputation: The Yankees of professional soccer. WHOEVER WROTE THAT WOULDN'T KNOW PROFESSIONAL SOCCER EVEN IF IT BIT THEM IN THE ASS!! WHAT A MORON.

maxpower
03-30-2005, 09:53 AM
seems right to me....i sense falkland envy in your shouting.

Duff McCartney
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I heard that about Man U also. Might be why I like them....they are the first team I ever saw playing in English soccer. I remember they used to show English Premier League games on PPV and that's when I saw them play because we had a black box.