PDA

View Full Version : Winner of game2 takes the finals.

pauls931
06-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Missed the game, but expected the magic to struggle in the first game, especially with incorporating Nelson even though it sounds like everyone else was playing crappy and the D was weak.

They need to crank up the D. Kobe will score, but if you don´t play D, the role players will go bonkers on you with the talent that team has. Defense dammit!

edit... That said I´d rather see Kobe get a title than LBJ at this point due to getting fewer favors from the refs even though the rigged Gasol trade still gets me.

resistanze
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I'd say winner of game 2 determines if this is a short series or a long series. Either way, the Lakers should come out on top, unless the Magic are able to shoot 50%+ from the 3 point line for the entire series.

TampaDude
06-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Man, the Lakers looked GOOD last night...they are clearly the best team in the NBA right now. If they win Game 2, this series is fucking over.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 09:32 AM
The Gasol trade wasn't rigged.

The Suns traded an 8 million dollar expiring contract, their 2008 and 2010 first round pick for jack shit.

The Lakers traded an 8 million dollar expiring contract, their 2008 and 2010 first round pick for an all star caliber 7 footer.

Jerry Buss wanted a contender. Robert Sarver wanted higher profit margins. Blame the NBA all you want but that's the truth.

pauls931
06-05-2009, 09:41 AM
The Gasol trade wasn't rigged.

The Suns traded an 8 million dollar expiring contract, their 2008 and 2010 first round pick for jack shit.

The Lakers traded an 8 million dollar expiring contract, their 2008 and 2010 first round pick for an all star caliber 7 footer.

Jerry Buss wanted a contender. Robert Sarver wanted higher profit margins. Blame the NBA all you want but that's the truth.

How did you write that much without blaming nash for it? haha

I´m really wishing the magic could pull off something since I think cleveland will pull of a suprise trade to get lebron help and boston will be back at full strength making the east a nightmare next year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
How did you write that much without blaming nash for it? haha

lol Nash was mad Kurt Thomas got traded I can't say I blame him. One of my all time favorite Nash moments was when he was talking about that trade and said, "That's not really a trade you see too many contenders making."

Jacko
06-05-2009, 10:11 AM
The Laker's don't have to double team D12 and that is what made the difference in the game.

baseline bum
06-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I'd say winner of game 2 determines if this is a short series or a long series. Either way, the Lakers should come out on top, unless the Magic are able to shoot 50%+ from the 3 point line for the entire series.

I don't think a game 2 win for LA necessarily means a short series. Look at the Spurs series with New Orleans last year or the one with Detroit in 05. If Orlando gets absolutely destroyed by a Laker team firing on all cylinders like last night, then yeah, I might be more inclined to call it a 5 game series or even a sweep.

Ghazi
06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
This thread isn't about the Suns

KSeal
06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Orlando IMO has to win on Sunday. If they fall down 0-2 the chances of them winning all three at home are slim and that means LA could close them out at home in game six. If LA loses tomorrow they still only have to win one game in Orlando to bring it back to LA. So this thread is untrue.

Rogue
06-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Orlando IMO has to win on Sunday. If they fall down 0-2 the chances of them winning all three at home are slim and that means LA could close them out at home in game six. If LA loses tomorrow they still only have to win one game in Orlando to bring it back to LA. So this thread is untrue.
LMAO @ your sig of ariza wearing Magic suit. :lmao

Your analysis make tons of sense though. your point is the lakers are gonna win the title despite which team wins game two, and I totally agree the Lakers are gonna be the the champs this year, at least David Stern will do his job to help Lakers win it once needed.

JamStone
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM

While the Lakers do seem like a much more talented team than the Magic and while this isn't the same situation, that's not the type of mentality the Lakers should have. The "Lakers would only need to win one game in the middle three road games" was the same mentality the 2004 Lakers had against Detroit after the series went 1-1 in LA. All the way through even pre game 5, they were saying, "all we need is to win one game here in Detroit."

The mentality should be try to win every single game, going into every single game. And, not to take anything for granted or anything as a given.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 10:56 AM
This thread isn't about the Suns

Says the douche that turns every thread into something about 2006.

pauls931
06-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Says the douche that turns every thread into something about 2006.

damn I agree with DoK...

Allanon
06-05-2009, 12:36 PM
With the 2-3-2 Finals format, the underdog team has to win 1 of the first 2 or else it's all over. I can't remember any 2-3-2 Format series where the underdog team won all 3 middle games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 12:40 PM
With the 2-3-2 Finals format, the underdog team has to win 1 of the first 2 or else it's all over. I can't remember any 2-3-2 Format series where the underdog team won all 3 middle games.

2004 Pistons
2006 Heat

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Ahead of time so Ghazi doesn't have to:

D-Whistle and the Heat didn't win those games the refs handed them the games Mavericks 2006 champions.

Allanon
06-05-2009, 12:48 PM
2004 Pistons
2006 Heat

Oops.

The Pistons did win one of the first two in Staples Center. I meant winning the middle 3 after losing the first 2.

Miami Heat; however, won all 3 middle ones after losing the first two. I had to look that up, my bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Either way though your overall point was right that almost all the time the opposing team needs to win 1 of the first 2.

KSeal
06-05-2009, 01:58 PM
While the Lakers do seem like a much more talented team than the Magic and while this isn't the same situation, that's not the type of mentality the Lakers should have. The "Lakers would only need to win one game in the middle three road games" was the same mentality the 2004 Lakers had against Detroit after the series went 1-1 in LA. All the way through even pre game 5, they were saying, "all we need is to win one game here in Detroit."

The mentality should be try to win every single game, going into every single game. And, not to take anything for granted or anything as a given.

I totally agree. What I said was what I thought would be the worst case scenario for the Lakers if they do win on Sunday, that's why Orlando needs to win. The Lakers should and I think will go for the kill in every game. No time for half assing it now.

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Oops.

The Pistons did win one of the first two in Staples Center. I meant winning the middle 3 after losing the first 2.

Miami Heat; however, won all 3 middle ones after losing the first two. I had to look that up, my bad.

The '77 Blazers (i think) were the only other team to comeback from a 2-0 deficit...but the finals wasn't 2-3-2 then