PDA

View Full Version : Bynum outplayed Dwight

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 01:46 PM
The entire 1st quarter and most of the time they were matched up. Just sayin. A 21 year old with a bad wheel punking Orlando's franchise player is kinda funny.

21 years old.

Donkeybong
06-05-2009, 01:47 PM
i agree he outplayed dwight the first quarter. Im still debating whether those blatant fouls were good or not. It kind of prevented Dwight to get going.

KSeal
06-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Andrew Bynum, the next Wilt Chamberlain, you heard it here first!!!! :lol

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
He just needs to stop picking up those cheap fouls. He played pretty good though.

JamStone
06-05-2009, 01:54 PM
It's arguable. But, neither were great. Howard still did a good job on the glass and pitched in with 2 assists and 2 steals and 2 blocks. And, he got the Lakers big men in foul trouble. He was largely ineffective scoring the ball, but he also had the unenviable task of facing a lot of collapsing defense in the paint because his teammates weren't hitting shots. Bynum was better than he has been in a while but still not like he dominated, plus he wasn't getting any double teams, much less triple teams or the whole defense collapsing on him.

And, Bynum does not have a bum wheel. Don't make it more dramatic than it is. And, it's not like Dwight isn't young also. He's still only 23 years old. I don't know why you had to list Bynum's age.

Bynum played better than expected and arguably played slightly better than Dwight in the first quarter. Switch them and put Dwight on the Lakers and Bynum on the Magic last night, what do you think the chances are that Bynum could even make an argument of playing better than Dwight? Probably zero chance.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
The fact that this is even debatable means Bynum is doing his job.

angelbelow
06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
yea he did

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Andrew Bynum, the next Wilt Chamberlain, you heard it here first!!!! :lol

Are you stupid? Where did anyone say that?

Just stop talking. You're the guy that wanted to trade Kobe Bryant for Durant so the Lakers coulld resign Lamar Odom.

Tacker
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Ya um Dwight is only 23, 2 year difference yet Bynum is no where as near to what Howard as accomplished so far....

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
It's arguable. B

Bynum posted 8 and 4 on Dwight in the first. It isn't arguable at all. The 1st quarter anyway. But then Bynum had a strong start in the 3rd when he altered Dwight's hook, then another driver and blocked a shot before picking up a cheap 4th foul.

Never said Bynum dominated him and Dwight did not see triple teams or any real hard doubles. The game plan was to deny Dwight he ball, defend him straight and not let him have any energy dunks. Bynum executed the latter very well.

He had one dumb foul when he was reaching behind Dwight, but the other two hard fouls were good. His 4th was a real weak and shouldn't have been called.

And, Bynum does not have a bum wheel. Don't make it more dramatic than it is. And, it's not like Dwight isn't young also. He's still only 23 years old. I don't know why you had to list Bynum's age.

Yes he does. You don't know what you're talking about here. Bynum has nowhere close to the lift or explosiveness he had without that huge brace. He even missed a wide open finish because he was afraid to put the weight on his knee. He's not completely healthy out there and still outplayed the best center in the game in his limited minutes.

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Ya um Dwight is only 23, 2 year difference yet Bynum is no where as near to what Howard as accomplished so far....

That's fine. I could give a shit about Dwight's accomplishments or Bynum's. Point is, here's a 21 year old that isn't even 100% healthy playing like this on a team with Kobe and Pau Gasol.

Bynum has been getting alot of hate these playoffs. Fact is, if Bynum can get healthy next year the Lakers will be even scarier the next two seasons than they are right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Again, the fact anyone is even arguing about this means Orlando is in trouble.

sook
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
:lol

Premature Ejaculation

How many people collapse on howard when he has the ball?

And Bynum? :rollin

sook
06-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Dwight needs a fucking postup move. That being said i think he is years ahead of Yao and any other C

JamStone
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I can agree Bynum outplayed Howard in the first quarter. I said arguably because I factored in how they were defended. But, sure, Bynum outplayed Howard in the first quarter. Again, if Bynum were being defended the way the Lakers defended Howard and vice versa, it's doubtful Bynum outplays Howard. That was my point.

And, I think it's ridiculous when people over dramatize injuries. Is Bynum 100%? Probably not. But he's healthy enough to play. He's not limping noticeably, he's not laboring or struggling out there. It's silly to exaggerate an injury to try to hype a player more than he deserves. He played a solid first quarter. He outplayed Dwight Howard for that first quarter. No need to be melodramatic about it.

sook
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Bynum has been hyped up e ver since he dunked on Shaq.

The Lakers have improved more with Ariza than Bynum. Ariza has been amazing on both sides of the floor, sheesh...why doesn't anybody ever give him credit?

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 02:52 PM
And, I think it's ridiculous when people over dramatize injuries. Is Bynum 100%? Probably not. But he's healthy enough to play. He's not limping noticeably, he's not laboring or struggling out there. It's silly to exaggerate an injury to try to hype a player more than he deserves. He played a solid first quarter. He outplayed Dwight Howard for that first quarter. No need to be melodramatic about it.

I'm no over dramatizing his injury but the fact remains he isn't anywhere close to 100%. Anyone who has watched him play on a regular basis before his injury can see that. He may not be limping but his lack of explosiveness and lift is very noticeable. Something that will come back when his knee has chance to fully recover and he can back to where he was pre-injury.

JamStone
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM
He must really be in pain. The Lakers should sit him the rest of the Finals. Poor guy.

tlongII
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Oden > Bynum

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Oden will retire ringless tlongII

N4th4n
06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Oden will retire ringless tlongII

Only a true moron thinks he can see clearly every future event for the next 10+ years.

xtremesteven33
06-05-2009, 03:54 PM
After watching this years playoffs i can honestly say id rather have Kendrick Perkins than Andrew Bynum......

ambchang
06-05-2009, 04:13 PM
What else would you expect from the next Jabbar, Chamberlain and Shaq roled into one.

KSeal
06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Are you stupid? Where did anyone say that?

Just stop talking. You're the guy that wanted to trade Kobe Bryant for Durant so the Lakers coulld resign Lamar Odom.

I was only joking around, chill the fuck out. You're such a dick.

YellowFever
06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Let's just say Bynum sucked less than Howard...in the first quarter, at least.

tlongII
06-05-2009, 04:52 PM
LaMarcus > Pau

Double-Up
06-05-2009, 04:54 PM
LaMarcus is a jumpshooting big right now, I'll take Gasol over him if I'm trying to win a ring this year.

KSeal
06-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Holy shit you're annoying tlong.

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 04:56 PM
LMA didn't progress as much as I thought he would this year. Instead of expanding his post game, he was taking jumpers.

tlongII
06-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Outlaw > Odom

tlongII
06-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Fernandez > Ariza

tlongII
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Blake > Fisher

tlongII
06-05-2009, 05:00 PM
B-Roy = Kobe

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Thunder > Blazers

DUNCANownsKOBE2
If all this is true then Portland would have made it out of the first round

robbie380
lakers > rockets > blazers

robbie380
06-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Dwight needs a fucking postup move. That being said i think he is years ahead of Yao and any other C

lol at that

if dwight was years ahead of yao then he wouldn't get dominated by yao when he plays him. :toast

IronMexican
Lol, Thundaluva lurking thread.

Thundaluva
Thunder > Blazers

That's smarter than anything Tlong has ever said

Thundaluva
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Lol, Thundaluva lurking thread.

Just posting in a thread I'm supposed to be posting in.

YellowFever
06-05-2009, 05:04 PM
SpursDynasty >>>>>> Tlong

tlongII
06-05-2009, 05:04 PM
If only Yao could stay healthy...

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 05:05 PM
If only Yao could stay healthy...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

you guys have to give tlong credit for being fucking hilarious.

tlongII
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Blazers > Lakers

blink
06-05-2009, 05:09 PM
rock > scissors

Thundaluva
06-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Blazers > Lakers

Serge Ibaka > Lamarcus Aldridge

tlongII
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
We'll be waiting for the Lakers. I guarantee you that.

Ghazi
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Bynum was hardly a factor.

Unholy Turkey
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
If only Oden could stay healthy and out of foul trouble...

Fixed.

cobbler
06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
We'll be waiting for the Lakers. I guarantee you that.

Agreed. It's always nice to have someone at the end of the parade route holding your bags.

iggypop123
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
thanks to the blazers the lakers saw what a parade looked like to help prepare for the title parade on fiegroua. thanks blazers for having a parade just for making the playoffs!

daslicer
06-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Bynum is nothing more then a solid player at best. The kid gets a lot of hype for no reason other then playing LA. His numbers suck ass compared to other great 7fters of the last 20 years if you compare them to him when they were 21. To me he strikes me as the next Elden Campbell.

Ghazi
06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Is Bynum really that "overhyped"?

I think he's a top 8 center.

14/8 on the year.

Had a PER of 20 before the injury (same as last year). Very good PER, although I know some don't like reference of that stat.

LA had a very good interior defensive rating before his injury too.

He can still improve. and has size.

I said before though that Bynum playing well was a key to winning the championship. It appears that they're good enough that he doesn't even have to play that well.

We'll see

KSeal
06-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Bynum just needs to stay healthy. He has shown tons of potential especially right before he has gone down, the past two seasons. If the Lakers don't resign Lamar, which I think is the most likely situation, then Bynum will become a huge part of what the Lakers do. He'll actually play 35 minutes a game and be in there in crunch time.

daslicer
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Is Bynum really that "overhyped"?

I think he's a top 8 center.

14/8 on the year.

Had a PER of 20 before the injury (same as last year). Very good PER, although I know some don't like reference of that stat.

LA had a very good interior defensive rating before his injury too.

He can still improve. and has size.

I said before though that Bynum playing well was a key to winning the championship. It appears that they're good enough that he doesn't even have to play that well.

We'll see

I think very well so he's overhyped when he's compared to great players like Duncan,Shaq that some people think he's going to be as good as them are better. Nothing shows me he's going to ever be in those guys league. You are probably right he's a top 8 center in a very weak center league. Ask yourself this question would he had even been a top 10 center during 90's I would say no. I don't think he's going to be anything special but a solid player much like Campbell was. A guy who will go off for a string of good games followed by a string of bad games.

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Bynum is nothing more then a solid player at best. The kid gets a lot of hype for no reason other then playing LA. His numbers suck ass compared to other great 7fters of the last 20 years if you compare them to him when they were 21. To me he strikes me as the next Elden Campbell.

Most of those great centers weren't even playing in the NBA at Bynum's current age.

Bynum gets hype because he has played like a dominant center at times but unlucky, fluke injuries has halted his progress. You do realize Bynum was posting 25 and 13 for a couple weeks before he went down, right? And that was on a team where he is the 3rd/4th option.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2009, 11:23 PM
dont bring the age crap up man, seriously that is a lame argument....

i would take the young guy who came into the league with 3-4yrs nba experience...thats if he pans out to his potential....

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Bynum is iffy..

he's clearly shown some outstanding offensive talent..barring injuries, he's going to be one of the best scoring big men in the NBA in the future, maybe even the best scoring big man..you have to take into consideration that he's had Kobe playing on his team, which makes it a lot easier to look good, but he's still shown some nice moves in the post..

there's also currently a very weak crop of big men in the NBA right now, especially defensively..the early 2000s weren't great, but they were much better than now..so that also goes in Bynum's favor..

I don't like his D and rebounding at all though..his individual defense is nice at times, but his team defense is pretty bad..his rebounding is alright..he should be much better for his size..it takes him a certain amount of touches on offense to get him going with the rest of his game, which indicates to me that he's never going to be a dominant defensive player, which requires a certain mentality..

he's one of the top 5 biggest players in the NBA right now..he's going to be a factor in the NBA without question, and so will Oden..the physical reason alone..but just like Oden, he has major injury concerns..you can call them flukes if you want, but 2 major injuries(1 of them season-ending) in consecutive seasons is alarming..

he obviously shows a lot of potential..

daslicer
06-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Most of those great centers weren't even playing in the NBA at Bynum's current age.

Bynum gets hype because he has played like a dominant center at times but unlucky, fluke injuries has halted his progress. You do realize Bynum was posting 25 and 13 for a couple weeks before he went down, right? And that was on a team where he is the 3rd/4th option.

The age thing is just an excuse it is what it is he came out early during an era where it was the norm. Like I said in the previous post he had a string of good games like you just mention with 25-13 followed by a string of bad games which is still not impresive. Since he's only 21 they are only 2 dominant 7fters that played in NBA at that age which are Duncan and Shaq and he certainly is a few hundred miles behind what those guys were at that age. Those guys were averaging over 20-10 at the age he is right now and they were in a league which they faced great bigmen almost every other night. He's pretty much in a league depleted of great bigmen and still can't consistently dominant but gets hype which isn't warranted due to playing in large market. He should never ever be compared to Duncan,Shaq and other great 7fters thats like comparing a girl whose a 7 to a supermodel.

21_Blessings
06-06-2009, 12:34 PM
The age thing is just an excuse it is what it is he came out early during an era where it was the norm.

Bynum was the youngest player to ever come out. Andhe only played like a year and a 1/2 of high school basketball. Development for big man has a longer time table especially with ones that started playing late.

Like I said in the previous post he had a string of good games like you just mention with 25-13 followed by a string of bad games which is still not impresive.

No, he was hurt during his beastly play. He didn't follow it with a 'string of bad games'.Stop lying.

Since he's only 21 they are only 2 dominant 7fters that played in NBA at that age which are Duncan and Shaq and he certainly is a few hundred miles behind what those guys were at that age. He should never ever be compared to Duncan,Shaq and other great 7fters thats like comparing a girl whose a 7 to a supermodel.

No one said shit about Duncan and Shaq you fucking retard. You're talking about 2 of the greatest centers ever. Oh no, Bynum won't be a top 15 all time player which means he's worthless I guess.

Those guys were averaging over 20-10 at the age he is right now and they were in a league which they faced great bigmen almost every other night. He's pretty much in a league depleted of great bigmen and still can't consistently dominant but gets hype which isn't warranted due to playing in large market.

Bynum outplays Al Jefferson head to head almost every time. You do realize Al Jefferson averages 20 adn 10, right? Put Bynum on Minny and he would post similar numbers. Put Jefferson on the Lakers and his scoring/rebounds decrease significantly since he has to share with Kobe, odom and Gasol. Use your brain, if you have one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I might not agree with 21_Blessings about the player Bynum will become, but his point about Bynum playing extremely well before the injury was 100% legitimate. In his last 5 games before the injury he killed the Clippers with 42 points and 15 rebounds, dropped 23 points and 14 boards on the Wizards, put up 15 and 11 while clearly outplaying Tim Duncan on both ends of the court, got ejected from a Charlotte game with 24 points 14 boards and 6 blocks, and lastly scored 7 less points then Al Jefferson but did it with 12 less shots.

I think 5 games is a small sample size but you can't deny the fact he was playing at an all star level before the injury. That's all I'm going to say.

21_Blessings
06-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah Bynum also had a similar beast stretch two seasons as well before it was cut short by an injury.

I'm not trying to say he's going to become better than Duncan or Shaq but he still has boat loads of untapped potential. And when he was healthy, he was playing like a top 3 center in this league at times. Not consistent yet, but like I said, only 21. Long way to go yet.

ballhog
06-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Bynum has tons of potential but so did every other 7ft stiff coming out of high school a few years ago. He's a few years from being a bust or star. Because he's in L.A., he's always in the spotlight and thus hyped greatly. He's so average right now, it isn't even funny.

Chieflion
06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Bynum has tons of potential but so did every other 7ft stiff coming out of high school a few years ago. He's a few years from being a bust or star. Because he's in L.A., he's always in the spotlight and thus hyped greatly. He's so average right now, it isn't even funny.
Not really, we all know most of the contending teams want a 14/8 center just 21 years old with the exception of the Orlando Magic and the Houston Rockets.

DenDen
06-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Bynum, didn't outplay anyone.. The whole laker defense strategy outplay Dwight.. One on one, Dwight will molest bynum.. Only laker fan jock bynum, seriously stop sipping on his nut juice, he's not that good...