PDA

View Full Version : Me need your advice

lefty
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
So, there are some good deals on 40" ACL 1080 HDTV right now, around 1000 $ (Canadian)
I'm gonna get a credit card in 2 weeks

My question is : is it better to pay in one shot, or wait for the card and make multiple payments?
I'm afraid that it with the 2nd option, I would end up paying more (interests+taxes)

Bender
06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I cancelled all my CCs... kept getting in trouble financially with them... charging them up too high.

Here in the US, I like to buy things like TVs when various stores have deferred payments deals... such as "90 days same as cash" or something similar.

depends on the CC int. rate. If it's an introductory rate, say 3% for 6 mos. or something like that, then it wouldn't be bad to stretch the payments out a few months.

what do taxes have to do with CCs? you pay taxes whether pay at the store, or charge it... Only thing CCs add is interest.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Is this your first card? If so it would be best to buy with the card and pay it off before the interest piles up.

Bender
06-05-2009, 02:59 PM
yeah, as CD said.. if it's your first card, charge it, pay it off... then you will have credit...

and then in the future, you would be eligible for store's "deferred payment plans" if they have any.

lefty
06-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I cancelled all my CCs... kept getting in trouble financially with them... charging them up too high.

Here in the US, I like to buy things like TVs when various stores have deferred payments deals... such as "90 days same as cash" or something similar.

depends on the CC int. rate. If it's an introductory rate, say 3% for 6 mos. or something like that, then it wouldn't be bad to stretch the payments out a few months.

what do taxes have to do with CCs? you pay taxes whether pay at the store, or charge it... Only thing CCs add is interest.

Actually, I was wondering if the taxes would apply to the interests as well; we get taxed on some many things nowadays :lol

Is this your first card? If so it would be best to buy with the card and pay it off before the interest piles up.

yeah, as CD said.. if it's your first card, charge it, pay it off... then you will have credit...

and then in the future, you would be eligible for store's "deferred payment plans" if they have any.

Do you mean to build credit history? Seems to be a good idea.

THanks

Blue Jew
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I knew the economy would bounce back! :tu

Heath Ledger
06-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Bender you do realize that you just destroyed your credit by cancelling all of your credit cards don't you?

Bender
06-06-2009, 10:07 AM
I've heard of that possibility. However, I cancelled them for a specific reason... I did not agree to their "new" Card Agreements that they sent me after the US credit meltdown. Discover card and Citi card were both low interest, 8% or lower. I got a Notice of Change from Citi that said they were raising my interest to 18% or something and if I did not agree, I could cancel my account and continue to pay off my balance at the lower rate. I did cancel.

Then the exact same letter arrived from Discover, so I canceled that one too.

I was no fault of my own... I paid both cards monthly and on time, and way above the required payment. However, since I am carrying balances on both right now, I did not want my rate more than doubled.

Heath Ledger
06-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Well your credit score is going to plummet, I just thought I would let you know.

lefty
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok, so I broke the bank and got myself a nice Samsung LN40B530 (LCD 1080p, 1920*1080, 3 HDMI, 40")

Me so happy, my 1st HDTV, and a darn good one :tu

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok, so I broke the bank and got myself a nice Samsung LN40B530 (LCD 1080p, 1920*1080, 3 HDMI, 40")

Me so happy, my 1st HDTV, and a darn good one :tu

hook it up to the pc if ur v/c has 1920*1080 reso

lefty
07-09-2009, 11:18 PM
hook it up to the pc if ur v/c has 1920*1080 reso
I bought my PC in 2006, so I'm not sure if my v/c has such a resolution

By the way, by v/c, you mean visual card?