PDA

View Full Version : "The most important is to be at 100% when the playoffs arrive"

Frenchise player
03-30-2005, 10:58 AM
''End on a good note''

Tony, following three losses in a row, you have stopped the bleeding by winning against Atlanta and Houston.

Yes, these two wins are extremely positive for the moral, especially the one against the Rockets. We have played a full game, with the will and we played some good ball. Earlier in the season we had managed to win without Tim Duncan but during these three losses we could not elevate our game. Unconsciously, I think Tim’s absence was in everyone’s head; we had lost our basket. When we came back home we found the energy we were lacking but now we must finish on a good note prior to fly away for Denver and beat Seattle tomorrow night.

Rumors has that Tim Duncan could miss the playoffs. What is the word about this ?

The rumors are not true as Tim gets better day in and day out. At best, he is back in two weeks, worse he is with us for game one of the playoffs. We need not to worry about him; he will be with us to go for the title.

The good news is that Brent Barry gets slowly back to his best shape basketball wise.

Yes and we are happy about it. He once again played a good game against Houston. With many injured players, his minutes increased and thus it becomes easier to gain confidence. With the playoffs coming, it is very good news; he must know continue and confirm his recent outings in the upcoming games.

How do you feel ?

All is well. I did not play a great game on Sunday but I brought the necessary energy in order to get the W at the end. My shot was a bit off so I focused on managing the team on the court.

Do you still believe in finishing atop the Western Conference ?

Honestly, we are not focused on this. The most important is to be at 100% when the playoffs arrive. We have showed on a few occasions that we are able to win away from home, and this is the reason why I am not too worried on whether or not we will have home court advantage. Gregg Popovich thinks the same and he is already planning for the playoffs. He rotates the players well so we can breathe a little as we have only one objective: the one to win another title.

Summers
03-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Good to hear! :)

whottt
03-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Tell Tony to take care of Eva after the games...not before! It's why he gets tired by the 4th...he's not 18 anymore...

CosmicCowboy
03-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Tell Tony to take care of Eva after the games...not before! It's why he gets tired by the 4th...he's not 18 anymore...

:lmao

Frenchise player
03-30-2005, 12:03 PM
:lol
Actually, I think it will be good if they did it before the game, he will be relaxed and could pace himself a little better.

Hook Dem
03-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Actually, I think it will be good if they did it before the game, he will be relaxed and could pace himself a little better.
Do you get up and play basketball afterwards? I didn't think so!

wildbill2u
03-30-2005, 01:10 PM

Pop should make a true CIA move on this. Have Eva cooperate in motivating Tony since she and her Corpus Christi family have always been Spur fans: :princess

If Tony's stat line reads 20pts, 10 assists and 3 steals, he gets a world class treat worthy of a star. :king

Anything less and he has to take a cold shower. :depressed

Rummpd
03-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Believe me you are all losing your head over Eva Longoria! She is all in all a 5 foot petite, albeit attractive women with a cute smile and an average figure. But she seemingly has ditz for brains if you listen to her speak most of the time - like most of other "divas" around.

Heck I if you like Latina,I will still put my 5'5" size 4 Panamian born wife who also is finishing her MBA at a top ranked university up against her any day; even though she is half a decade older and many other women I see on a daily basis. Get a life!