PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Shaq Wants to Return to Lakers

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Where does Shaq want to go? Multiple league sources, including with the Lakers, believe Shaq wants a return engagement with the Lakers. They think that’s why he has spent this season trying to repair the damage done to his relationship with Bryant. He tried to buddy up on All-Star weekend when they were co-MVPs, but give Bryant credit: He refused to engage with Shaq on a revisionist make-believe about how it never was so toxic between them.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090606#STORY_19339

Allanon
06-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe 2010/2011 season but with his $20 million salary next year, he ain't coming back just yet.

I could definitely see him coming back after his contract is up though.

lefty
06-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Shaq and Kobe reunited ?

Yay, lot of ass tasting !

MiamiHeat
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Duh

He never really wanted to leave LA in the first place. Kobe and Shaq both have such huge ego's, they could not co-exist. Kobe was jealous of Shaq the whole time and wanted to be 'the man'

The problem was that he felt insulted that Buss wanted to keep Kobe happy. Kobe was young and had many years ahead of him while Shaq only had like 3-4 left.

Shaq thought if he demanded a trade and pouted like a little child, he could manipulate Buss into an apology and beg Shaq to stay.
"Oh no, please Shaq. I am sorry!"

but Buss said ok, F U then Shaq.

Poor Shaq. :lol

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Mitch and Dr. Buss need to stay as far away from this idiot as they can. Don't even sign him for the minimum. They can win it without him, and it looks like they will.

Allanon
06-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Mitch and Dr. Buss need to stay as far away from this idiot as they can. Don't even sign him for the minimum. They can win it without him, and it looks like they will.

I agree with Miamiheat that they were immature supremely egotistical players. But it shouldn't end that way for Shaq. He's going out as a chump right now.

The Lakers don't need Shaq anymore, like you said but he should retire as a Laker. Love him or hate him, he was one of the Greatest Centers to play in a Laker uniform.

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I would rather take back Kwame than this idiot. You dont trash your former team time after time and then suck up and act like it is all good. Shaq tried to play the nice guy game with Kobe during the all star break. And I am happy Kobe didn't buy into it.

xtremesteven33
06-06-2009, 04:40 PM
As a NBA fan and a Spurs fan i would like to see it happen....Nothing like the good ol days

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Shaq's put himself in this awkward situation, I'd love to feel sorry for the guy but I can't. You can't repeatedly burn bridges with teams and expect that team to just go along with the bullshit "Me and Kobe always got along and want to re-unite" story and act like he never acted out.

I also have a hard time believing Shaq would accept a backup center role and not complain about it at all. My guess is he would at first act like he was OK with it and that he just wants to be part of the team, but then after Bynum had a string of 2-3 bad games he'd start bitching.

ginobili's bald spot
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
It's been obvious that Shaq has wanted to come back all season. But it's not gonna happen. He has gone out of his way to burn bridges with Dr. Buss, Kobe and even someone like Kareem over the years. The guy bashes every franchise he has ever played for after he leaves and he'll do the same thing to the Suns after he leaves there. He talked shit every chance he got when he was "on top" in Miami but now that we are back on top and he's lottery bound he wants to try to kiss ass so he can ring chase? Fuck that.

Rogue
06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Another message has also been leaked that Shaq would like to join the boys in blue, I'm afraid there will be other rumors coming out around him. Anyway all the rumors validate only one fact that Shaq doesn't want to play for the Suns no more, I hope Donnie will do something in the summer to get that guy.

ginobili's bald spot
06-06-2009, 05:54 PM
As long as Shaq doesn't go to Cleveland I'm happy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
The guy bashes every franchise he has ever played for after he leaves and he'll do the same thing to the Suns after he leaves there.

I think he's going to want to do that but he'll restrain himself because he knows if he throws a 3rd team under the bus his reputation is really shot. He also gets along well with everyone on the team besides Nash and Amare so he might not feel the need to bash the Suns.

This is also another thing Kerr has mismanaged and let get out of control. First, Nash gives a press conference in December about how much he wants to play for D'antoni in 2010. Since Kerr's #1 concern is making Nash happy even if it's at the expense of the rest of the team, he pretends the team captain talking about how he can't wait to leave the team is no big deal.

Then a week later Amar""""e has an interview with Stephen A. Smith about how much he looks forward to being THE MAN!!! on a new team in 2010. Rather than damage control right there and address the elephant in the room, Kerr just pretends it's no big deal.

Now we've got all three, the players who are supposed to be the leaders, talking about how much greener the grass is on the other side and how much they can't wait to get there. I'm sure that's setting a great example and influence for the young players in the locker room.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Anyway all the rumors validate only one fact that Shaq doesn't want to play for the Suns no more

Nothing means shit anymore. The rumors don't mean Shaq wants to leave Phoenix, and Shaq's repeated comments about remaining a Sun and about how this team can still contend doesn't mean he wants to stay in Phoenix.

Quite frankly I'm amazed that Kerr and Sarver managed to put a group of players together that fell apart and caused this much of a disaster only cause a coach tried to make them play defense.

ducks
06-06-2009, 06:03 PM
SHUT UP SHAQ THIS FINALS IS NOT ABOUT YOU
SO SHUT THE HELL UP
get your team to the finals
then you can talk in the playoffs

cobbler
06-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I agree with Miamiheat that they were immature supremely egotistical players. But it shouldn't end that way for Shaq. He's going out as a chump right now.

The Lakers don't need Shaq anymore, like you said but he should retire as a Laker. Love him or hate him, he was one of the Greatest Centers to play in a Laker uniform.

He's not even in the top 3 of Laker centers.

You really think Kobe and Buss are going to let him come back and ride their coatails after 5 years of work while he has spent 5 years shitting on them? From "how does my ass taste" to "let's win a 5th together buddies"?

I think NOT!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Kareem was undoubtedly better, you can argue Wilt was better, but if Shaq's not top 3 who is #3?

IronMexican
06-06-2009, 06:08 PM
As a Laker? Shaq accomplished a lot more than Wilt as a Laker. Throwing Mikan in there is kind of cheap. There were like 6 teams back then.

ginobili's bald spot
06-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Kareem was undoubtedly better, you can argue Wilt was better, but if Shaq's not top 3 who is #3?

He's third. At least. Unless you wanna say George Mikan. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:11 PM
As a Laker? Shaq accomplished a lot more than Wilt as a Laker. Throwing Mikan in there is kind of cheap. There were like 6 teams back then.

Yeah that's true Shaq and Kareem are by far the top two Laker centers. Mikan didn't even play in LA and it's easy when the other team's center is 6'5".

cobbler
06-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Going on the argument that you cannot accurately compare generations and you are who you are in the time you play.

George Miken Dominated his era every bit as much as Russel, Kareem, and Wilt. Shaq loses any tiebreaker for lack of effort. He could have been #1 overall had he not been lazy.

dirk4mvp
06-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Shaq's prime > any other center's prime

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
yeah I think it's safe to say Shaq > Mikan.

IronMexican
06-06-2009, 06:17 PM
cobbler, are you going as a Laker? Then I can argue that Shaq is #2. As a whole career, then yeah, he's #3. At least as far as former Laker bigs go.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 06:21 PM

You really think Kobe and Buss are going to let him come back and ride their coatails after 5 years of work while he has spent 5 years shitting on them? From "how does my ass taste" to "let's win a 5th together buddies"?

I think NOT!

OK... so

1) Kareem
2) Wilt
3) Mark Landsberger?

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I would rather take back Kwame than this idiot. You dont trash your former team time after time and then suck up and act like it is all good. Shaq tried to play the nice guy game with Kobe during the all star break. And I am happy Kobe didn't buy into it.

So do you also want Kobe gone?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM
lol I wonder who would win a Shaq vs. Mikan one on one game

resistanze
06-06-2009, 06:24 PM
No way Wilt is ahead of Shaq as a Laker.

Rogue
06-06-2009, 06:27 PM
SHUT UP SHAQ THIS FINALS IS NOT ABOUT YOU
SO SHUT THE HELL UP
get your team to the finals
then you can talk in the playoffs
even with over 38,000 posts and a retarded spur, you're still an IDIOT. Of shaq and all the other douchebags, you should be the first to STFU.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 06:30 PM
No way Wilt is ahead of Shaq as a Laker.

Vern Mikkelsen > Kobe

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:31 PM
It's funny how whenever Ducks posts you count on 2-3 people to respond to the post with, "Ducks your a fuckin retarded douche" or some variation of that.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Going on the argument that you cannot accurately compare generations and you are who you are in the time you play.

George Miken Dominated his era every bit as much as Russel, Kareem, and Wilt. Shaq loses any tiebreaker for lack of effort. He could have been #1 overall had he not been lazy.

What a douchebag. You shit on your own team's legend after he carried it to three titles. Laker fans are such ungrateful fucks.

resistanze
06-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Vern Mikkelsen > Kobe
:lol

resistanze
06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
LMAO @ Mikan better than Shaq. Just because Shaq is a dumbass doesn't mean you can rewrite history.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
What a douchebag. You shit on your own team's legend after he carried it to three titles. Laker fans are such ungrateful fucks.

Some of them are. Most of them hate on Shaq for stuff like bad mouthing LA which makes sense, but the way cobbler talks about Shaq like he was a good for nothing liability to the Lakers that didn't do shit for the team at all is extremely ungrateful.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Some of them are. Most of them hate on Shaq for stuff like bad mouthing LA which makes sense, but the way cobbler talks about Shaq like he was a good for nothing liability to the Lakers that didn't do shit for the team at all is extremely ungrateful.

Cobbler is what you call typical Laker fan. He's the same kind of front-runner I used to see at LA bars yelling "Fuck Robert Horry" when he missed the last shot in game 5 of 03 and when he went and won two titles in San Antonio after LA didn't want him back.

ginobili's bald spot
06-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Vern Mikkelsen > Kobe

:lol

MiamiHeat
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Cobbler is what you call typical Laker fan. He's the same kind of front-runner I used to see at LA bars yelling "Fuck Robert Horry" when he missed the last shot in game 5 of 03 and when he went and won two titles in San Antonio after LA didn't want him back.

oh yeah...

or the ones who diss on Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol.... but then turn around and say Kobe > MJ

Some of the Laker fans are the most idiotic fans I have ever seen

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 06:56 PM

No, this much Shaq hatred isn't typical, that's unfair to a lot of Laker fans. If I were an LA fan I probably wouldn't love Shaq after the way he acted, but the fact remains he led La to a fuckin 3-peat most NBA fans would be happy with a 1-peat.

ginobili's bald spot
06-06-2009, 06:59 PM
There is a difference between hating on Shaq's childishness and the way he acts and hating on the player he was. Late 90's /early 2000's Shaq was one of the most dominant forces the league has ever seen. No denying that.

IronMexican
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I get upset with the way Shaq acts sometimes too. If he or Kobe could have taken a back seat, who knows what we could have seen.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
No, this much Shaq hatred isn't typical, that's unfair to a lot of Laker fans. If I were an LA fan I probably wouldn't love Shaq after the way he acted, but the fact remains he led La to a fuckin 3-peat most NBA fans would be happy with a 1-peat.

It's typical from my experience living in LA. Laker fans are spoiled as hell and act like a title every year is a right; since the team has a lot of success, it's easy to diminish another player's past accomplishments.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 07:04 PM
And one of the laziest, by far.

See what I mean, DoK?

IronMexican
06-06-2009, 07:06 PM
It's typical from my experience living in LA. Laker fans are spoiled as hell and act like a title every year is a right; since the team has a lot of success, it's easy to diminish another player's past accomplishments.

Lakers definitely spoil this city with constant greatness.

I probably am not as cocky or arrogant than most Laker fans, cause I'm a Raider fan. I know what it's like to not have a great front office, or hot spot. Shit, I remember back in 2002, I thought the Lakers would always go 16-0 and the Lakers would never lose a playoff series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 07:06 PM
And one of the laziest, by far.

I guess it's hard to look at things from this perspective when you're not a Suns fan but the way I see it his laziness still led LA to 3 more titles than the Suns have and I know the Suns fan base would be grateful even if a hard working Shaq could have won 5-6 titles in LA.

Ghazi
06-06-2009, 07:07 PM
After this year, Kobe will have 4 rings and Shaq will have 3 rings.

This has to be a blow to Shaq's ego, especially after his rap last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
There is no need to revisit Shaq again, especially with what we have now.

Hey being grateful for Shaq doesn't mean you have to welcome him back. If I were an LA fan I wouldn't want any well known personalities messing with that team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
To prove my point, do you not recall just last season Shaq not playing for the Heat for months, and then he was traded and by some stroke of God, he was playing like an allstar for the Suns. Thats lazy, and trifling I might add.

Yeah but let's not pretend his health didn't play a role there. Obviously he wasn't playing 100% in Miami but it's not like he got traded to the Suns and immediately started playing well. The trade was agreed to on February 5th and he didn't make his debut till February 20th and the trainer said that his hamstring was in horrible shape when the trade happened and he needed to rehab it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 07:22 PM
all of Kobes haters refuse to sit back and enjoy what they thought would never happen while Kobe was in LA. Were bringing a few more titles home under Kobe...:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Hey I've said all along Kobe can't win as the main guy but I'm not gonna try and pull a "He needed Gasol this doesn't count," if they finish off Orlando I'll admit I was dead wrong.

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Its only natural for Lakers fans to give Shaq the finger, especially since he did it first. Say what you want, but Shaq was the most spoiled man in LA during his tenure. He demanded a trade as soon as he thought the owner was favoring Kobe.

There is no need to revisit Shaq again, especially with what we have now.

By that same logic you should hate Kobe for demanding a trade and trashing the team and its players.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
One thing Shaq showed this year is that if you want to look like a hard worker you surround yourself with lazy people :lol It's hard to criticize him for not rotating on a pick and roll half the time when the other star players on the team are so lazy they got the coach fired for telling them to play defense

cobbler
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM

You have no clue what kind of fan I am. I probably have season tix stubs older than you. I have nothing but thanks for Shaqs contributions during his Laker years. I also have a lot of disdain for his work ethic as a Laker as well as his post Laker exploits. He just needs to shut up already.

I happen to think Mikan was as much an impact in his time as Shaq in his. I think he had more impact in the overall history of the game and it's actually debatable. Just becuse it was before our time you cannot descredit the accomplishments. Do you do the same for Ty Cobb, the Babe, Maurice the rocket Richard?

NCAA player of the year twice. 3 time all american.
2 NBL Championship and MVP
BAA Championship, ALL first team
NBA Hall of fame
5 NBA Championships
5 NBA All first team
3 NBA Scoring titles
4 NBA All Star
All Star MVP
50 greatest player
AP Player of the first half of the century

When he retired he held most points and scoring avg records

He was the first superstar in the NBA. The pioneer of Modern Basketball. He was responsible for widenting the lane, the 24 second clock, and the goaltending rule not to mention being instumental in the 3 pt line adoption.

Yeah, how outlandish of me to consider him a great. :lmao

cobbler
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey I've said all along Kobe can't win as the main guy but I'm not gonna try and pull a "He needed Gasol this doesn't count," if they finish off Orlando I'll admit I was dead wrong.

:toast

Phonzie20
06-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Looks like signs of The Ogre heading to retirement. This is good news.

Jeremy
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Okay, I'll trade him for Bynum!

Gino
06-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Its fucking hoopsworld.

Let me guess...the super-terrific awesome reporting of Eric "Emplay" Picnus over at Lakersground who Laker fans treat as if he was a real "journalist".

iggypop123
06-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Its fucking hoopsworld.

Let me guess...the super-terrific awesome reporting of Eric "Emplay" Picnus over at Lakersground who Laker fans treat as if he was a real "journalist".

he was on espn asking phil jackson questions post game. at least he has his credentials

350slk
06-06-2009, 10:49 PM
how's kobe's ass taste..shaq?

DrHouse
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't think it's worth the risk to bring back Shaq. The Lakers have good team chemistry right now, no need to potentially screw that up.

I do think Shaq would be a good influence on Bynum but I'm not convinced he and Kobe can peacefully coexist for a full season.

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
bring back shaq so stern can rig another season cause he thinks theres going to be high ratings cause the kobe/snaq is back....fuck that shit

John Ameachi
06-06-2009, 10:56 PM
The Lakers should bring me in as backup center, the amount of San Fransisco fans would balloon.

Jacko
06-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Yes the only reason the Lakers are in the Finals is because Stern rigged all of the games.

It has nothing to do with them being a good team. Nothing at all.

robbie380
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Its fucking hoopsworld.

Its fucking hoopsworld.

Its fucking hoopsworld.

John Ameachi
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
bring back shaq so stern can rig another season cause he thinks theres going to be high ratings cause the kobe/snaq is back....fuck that shit

Why are your avatars always so gay and nerdy?

BUMP
06-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Could've sworn i made an Amaechi troll before.

Anyway, the answer is no. What do they have to gain by bringing this fat piece of trash back to LA. the only thing that will happen is more bickering.

The Big Aristotle? More like the Big Insecure.

John Ameachi
06-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Could've sworn i made an Amaechi troll before.

This ain't a troll son this is big and gay as it gets and you must be why I had to intentionally spell my name wrong you cum dumpster.

John Amaechi
06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
This ain't a troll son this is big and gay as it gets and you must be why I had to intentionally spell my name wrong you cum dumpster.

Don't talk to my Bumpy like that. He's mine. BUMP , i love you baby. I cant wait to swallow your cum again:makeout:makeout

John Ameachi
06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Don't talk to my Bumpy like that. He's mine. BUMP , i love you baby. I cant wait to swallow your cum again:makeout:makeout

Wow BUMP wants to swallow his own cum that's even gayer than me.

IronMexican
06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
:lmao

KidCongo
06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
It would only be right for Shaq to lay in the bed that he made. He dissed Penny on his way out. He dissed Kobe and Buss on his way out, he dissed Wade, and he will dis the Suns on his way out. If the Cavs are dumb enough to give him a contract, I can see him getting along with James really well. They both have the same personalities.

How?

TheManFromAcme
06-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Its not the same logic... far from it. Shaq left a team that was paying him 25 mil, and had just won three titles, and would have won more if it werent for him feuding with his co-star. The moment the Lakers said they were not going to give PJ an extension, Shaq went on 570am and demanded to be traded. Shaq assumed that Kobe had everything to do with PJ not getting an extension, and he may have, but the older Shaq and PJ should have sat the younger Kobe down and ironed things out. Eventually, PJ did but Shaq kept throwing stones, now he wants to pretend nothing was ever wrong and come back to LA... not that easy! The men he should apologize to is Buss, Kareem, and Magic for referring to them as cut throat.

Kobe demanded to be traded because he was promised that if he resigned with the Lakers, they would eventually sign some big name players to help him get back to the finals. He was then surrounded by an underachieving Odom, who adopted the nickname "Odumb." Brian Grant was a waste!!! Caron Butler was always hurt, and eventually dealt for Kwame Stone Hands Brown. Not to mention the other scrubs... Farmar, Luke, Bynum, Vlad, Cook, Sasha, and Mihm, and by the way, all of those guys are still scrubs.

After seeing the Lakers pass on guys like Kidd, Artest, and a few others, Kobe was fed up. Now the Lakers are the laughing stock of the NBA, and the Suns bitches, and Kobe has to wake up one morning to hear someone from the front office say that it was all Kobes fault. So Kobe demanded to be traded. Kobe was booed on opening day, and I was one of the boo birds, but the difference between Shaq and Kobe, is Kobe kept trying to win, he kept giving his all. Name another player that could receive those boos and still drop 49 on his toughest opponent (Battier.) The Lakers tried to reach out to Shaq when he demanded to be traded, but he put his house up for sale, and left town. Kobe waited to see what would happen and kept playing.

In the meantime, Jerry West is losing sleep figuring out how he could fuck the shit out of the Grizzlies without damaging his image as the face of the NBA... a Laker trooper he continues to be, and the Gasol heist was pulled off in the darkness of the night while everyone was sleep... US Congress style. In most cases I would not support the Gasol trade, but since it was the Lakers involved, and seeing what Mchale did for Boston, I felt it was only right and justified.:lol

Here we are four years later, and Kobe is back on top of what could be a 3-4 year reign, and Shaq wants in!!! I cant blame him, but if Im Kobe and Dr. Buss, I let Shaq watch the Lakers shine just like they had to watch him shine in Miami. What Shaq is doing right now is similar to being with a bitch that will fuck your brains out while you on top and got money in your pocket, but as soon as you hit a low point, she bails out on your ass and tells her new man that you aint shit and couldnt fuck. Your fortunes change for the better and now here comes this bitch knocking on your door wanting to get back together as if nothing ever happened. Some weaker men would welcome her back, but Im hoping Kobe and Dr. Buss just shake the bitch hand, smile, and keep walking.

Epic comment my friend.
You put in 500 words what the media couldn't do.
Outstanding.

SenorSpur
06-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Its not the same logic... far from it. Shaq left a team that was paying him 25 mil, and had just won three titles, and would have won more if it werent for him feuding with his co-star. The moment the Lakers said they were not going to give PJ an extension, Shaq went on 570am and demanded to be traded. Shaq assumed that Kobe had everything to do with PJ not getting an extension, and he may have, but the older Shaq and PJ should have sat the younger Kobe down and ironed things out. Eventually, PJ did but Shaq kept throwing stones, now he wants to pretend nothing was ever wrong and come back to LA... not that easy! The men he should apologize to is Buss, Kareem, and Magic for referring to them as cut throat.

Kobe demanded to be traded because he was promised that if he resigned with the Lakers, they would eventually sign some big name players to help him get back to the finals. He was then surrounded by an underachieving Odom, who adopted the nickname "Odumb." Brian Grant was a waste!!! Caron Butler was always hurt, and eventually dealt for Kwame Stone Hands Brown. Not to mention the other scrubs... Farmar, Luke, Bynum, Vlad, Cook, Sasha, and Mihm, and by the way, all of those guys are still scrubs.

After seeing the Lakers pass on guys like Kidd, Artest, and a few others, Kobe was fed up. Now the Lakers are the laughing stock of the NBA, and the Suns bitches, and Kobe has to wake up one morning to hear someone from the front office say that it was all Kobes fault. So Kobe demanded to be traded. Kobe was booed on opening day, and I was one of the boo birds, but the difference between Shaq and Kobe, is Kobe kept trying to win, he kept giving his all. Name another player that could receive those boos and still drop 49 on his toughest opponent (Battier.) The Lakers tried to reach out to Shaq when he demanded to be traded, but he put his house up for sale, and left town. Kobe waited to see what would happen and kept playing.

In the meantime, Jerry West is losing sleep figuring out how he could fuck the shit out of the Grizzlies without damaging his image as the face of the NBA... a Laker trooper he continues to be, and the Gasol heist was pulled off in the darkness of the night while everyone was sleep... US Congress style. In most cases I would not support the Gasol trade, but since it was the Lakers involved, and seeing what Mchale did for Boston, I felt it was only right and justified.:lol

Here we are four years later, and Kobe is back on top of what could be a 3-4 year reign, and Shaq wants in!!! I cant blame him, but if Im Kobe and Dr. Buss, I let Shaq watch the Lakers shine just like they had to watch him shine in Miami. What Shaq is doing right now is similar to being with a bitch that will fuck your brains out while you on top and got money in your pocket, but as soon as you hit a low point, she bails out on your ass and tells her new man that you aint shit and couldnt fuck. Your fortunes change for the better and now here comes this bitch knocking on your door wanting to get back together as if nothing ever happened. Some weaker men would welcome her back, but Im hoping Kobe and Dr. Buss just shake the bitch hand, smile, and keep walking.

Explosive commentary, but very aptly put. :toast

Since his dominant run with the Fakers came to an end, Shaq has been exposed as an insecure, front-running, childish, douchebag, who has burned bridges everywhere he's gone. He's insulted everyone and everything that has come before him. It was precisely one year ago that he went on his infamous underground, onstage, freestyle rap - which included insults of several - particularly Kobe. Now, he has the audacity to try and kiss up to Kobe and the Fakers organization because he wants back in? Just goes to show you how desparate he is to try and stay relevant. It's sad and pathetic, but I don't feel a bit sorry for his fat ass.

cobbler
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Had to bump the thread after everyone bashing me for my comments that Shaq wasnt even in the top 3 Laker centers of all time and lauding the accomplishemts of Mikan.... and reading this today.....

This week we asked Kareem about some of the Big Men in NBA history and where he thinks some of the bigger names fit in the big picture.

Question #1: Given all the rule changes and the way the media tends to remember players, who are the top 5 Big Men of all time, and why?

1. George Mikan - The first really big man to dominate the game.

2. Bill Russell - He was the ultimate winner.

3. Wilt Chamberlain - He was the ultimate individual talent.

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -I was a combination of Wilt's offense & Russell's defense.

5. Shaquille O'Neal - Dominated his era of basketball in the paint.

Avitus1
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I dont see it happening. Kobe and Shaq will only reunite at the AllStar Games... and thats it. Shaq is done and the Lakers can win without him for cheaper.

Killakobe81
06-19-2009, 12:58 AM

Amen, brother. People think Laker fans hate on Shaq becuz of Kobe and maybe some do ...But I just hate to look at him as a top 5 NBA player or top 3 center because he did not maximize his talent ...Shaq should of been the the best there ever was ...the MJ of centers but he did not have the heart,d etermination or work ethic to see it through ...He is like a more accomplished Derrick Coleman except instead of 1 great playoff run Shaq has had like 5 ...

pauls931
06-19-2009, 07:58 AM
I dont see it happening. Kobe and Shaq will only reunite at the AllStar Games... and thats it. Shaq is done and the Lakers can win without him for cheaper.

I completely agree.

mytespurs
06-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Shaq's career as a Laker is finished not unless in the future he comes back for one day as a Laker then retire.

Despite their acrimonious split, Dr. Buss has said that Shaq's LA Laker jersey will be retired @ Staples when his career is finished. And for those hating on Shaq because of Kobe or hating on Kobe because of Shaw, their jerseys will be hanging side by side along with the other Laker greats.

Shaq and Kobe may never be close but I think, despite the acrimony b/t the two, in years to come, they will appreciate what they did as teammates. :)