PDA

View Full Version : What Cell Phone do you have? Is it better than the Iphone

InRareForm
06-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Blackberry 8320. Not as good as the iphone, but I will take my texting abilities and speed with the BB over the iphone any day of the week!

resistanze
06-06-2009, 05:46 PM
First gen iPhone. I hope they reveal a new one at WWDC next week.

IronMexican
06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
HTC Mogul. I don't really like it.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/htc-mogul.jpg

Bukefal
06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
These are my phones, they are no way! better than the iphone. I really like the iphone, but I did not get one. Dont know if I will at all, i find it a bit expensive, and come on, for me a phone is still a phone. I just need to call. The iphone is more a computer, if i want a computer, ill just uste my laptop. But iphone is cool though!

I use this lg viewty mainly for camera purposes, it has a good lens.

LG Viewty :

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/695/lg-viewty-test.jpg

SE T303:

http://dailymobile.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/se-t303-08.jpg

exstatic
06-06-2009, 06:12 PM
First gen iPhone. I hope they reveal a new one at WWDC next week.

First Gen, also. Supposedly, they will reveal a new iPhone at the WWDC next week, but the best new feature will be the 32Gb model, and the new 3.0 OS. It'll be a vast improvement over our phones, not so much over the 3Gs.

ballhog
06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
http://hoketronics.net/~/html/hoketronics.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/old-cellphone.jpg

EricB
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
First Gen, also. Supposedly, they will reveal a new iPhone at the WWDC next week, but the best new feature will be the 32Gb model, and the new 3.0 OS. It'll be a vast improvement over our phones, not so much over the 3Gs.

32 GB? Sweet....

Also the new ones will supposedly be able to take video and be able to send pictures over text messaging.

Some other upgrades as well.

Definately enough for me to be a sap and go grab a new one :lol

exstatic
06-06-2009, 08:11 PM
32 GB? Sweet....

Also the new ones will supposedly be able to take video and be able to send pictures over text messaging.

Everyone will be able to do pic texts. It's part of the 3.0 software, not a phone improvement. The video chat/talk thing is still a rumor, and will require another camera aperature on the front of the phone. If it's just regular video, the current camera can support that, the software/OS just doesn't, yet. That could be another facet of the 3.0 software upgrade, which your current phone will support. Unless you just HAVE TO HAVE the 32Gb, I'd hold off and wait a bit until the dust settles. You may get most of what you want by just upgrading to 3.0 thru iTunes.

The coolest new feature of 3.0 that I saw leaked as a photo is that the touch keypad should support a "landscape" configuration by turning the phone sideways when you text.

florige
06-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Well I'm sure I have the sorriest piece of crap phone here in the Sprint Rumor. Sprint really does have a crappy selections of phones though. Even their top of the line....(:rolleyes) Instinct I heard is a piece of crap.

IronMexican
06-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Well I'm sure I have the sorriest piece of crap phone here in the Sprint Rumor. Sprint really does have a crappy selections of phones though. Even their top of the line....(:rolleyes) Instinct I heard is a piece of crap.

Is that the touch screen Iphone knock off? It is shitty. My cousins have those.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
the iphone is my favorite electronic device I've ever owned, just beating out the NES Power Pad. I've had a bunch of phones and had problems or things I didn't like about each, the Iphone is flawless in my eyes. I'm on it all day (even now I'm posting from it). I would never even consider another phone. The Blackberry doesn't even seem to be in the same ball park as the Iphone. I love this thing. The internet, the apps, the messaging, everything.

florige
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Yep thats it! My friend just got one and she says that the memory on it sucks ass. She said the only thing that phone has in common with the iPhone is the touch screen. I think out of all the service providers Sprint has the weakest selection of phones to choose from.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-06-2009, 08:46 PM
the iphone is my favorite electronic device I've ever owned, just beating out the NES Power Pad. I've had a bunch of phones and had problems or things I didn't like about each, the Iphone is flawless in my eyes. I'm on it all day (even now I'm posting from it). I would never even consider another phone. The Blackberry doesn't even seem to be in the same ball park as the Iphone. I love this thing. The internet, the apps, the messaging, everything.
can you send pics and or text to non att/iphone users?

Thunder Dan
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM

I don't know what you mean

Dr. Gonzo
06-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I just switched to the Palm Treo Pro from the Instinct. Although I liked a lot of the features of the Instinct, it was laggy and the music player was terrible. It was nothing like the "iphone killer" it was marketed to be.

EricB
06-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Everyone will be able to do pic texts. It's part of the 3.0 software, not a phone improvement. The video chat/talk thing is still a rumor, and will require another camera aperature on the front of the phone. If it's just regular video, the current camera can support that, the software/OS just doesn't, yet. That could be another facet of the 3.0 software upgrade, which your current phone will support. Unless you just HAVE TO HAVE the 32Gb, I'd hold off and wait a bit until the dust settles. You may get most of what you want by just upgrading to 3.0 thru iTunes.

The coolest new feature of 3.0 that I saw leaked as a photo is that the touch keypad should support a "landscape" configuration by turning the phone sideways when you text.

As a 6''2 person with big hands, I would greatly appreciate that.

fraga
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM
I've got my old school Moto Q...pretty basic and lame...I use my iPod Touch for music and everything else minus the phone part...it's because I have the touch already I'm not sure I'd get the iPhone...I think I may end up getting the new Palm Pre...

leemajors
06-06-2009, 10:49 PM

faster processor, and maybe a front facing camera.

leemajors
06-06-2009, 10:51 PM

if they have mobile email you can do it for sure. 3.0 will have mms, but i'd much rather email and have the cost covered by data plan.

leemajors
06-06-2009, 10:52 PM

i think email will finally get landscape as well, which would be nice.

InRareForm
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I would never even consider another phone. The Blackberry doesn't even seem to be in the same ball park as the Iphone. I love this thing. The internet, the apps, the messaging, everything.

yea apple raised the bar with the iphone, but i think the blackberry series with their phones do a good job. I think (BlackBerry) they still reign supreme when it comes to email and messaging ease and quickness. In other words, business and text/email lovers, the bb has the edge. The iphone has the obvious edge in presentation and in multimedia capabilities and screen and software.

curve 8900 is what i want to upgrade to.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Dec2008/O2_to_Launch_BlackBerry_Curve_8900_Smartphone.jpg

InRareForm
06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
no one has a T1 android. some people prefer the T1 over the iphone.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-06-2009, 11:22 PM
http://www.businessreviewonline.com/uk-tech-finance/archives/blackberry-storm.jpg

Good not great

lefty
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Sony Ericsson W300i

Middle of the road

But the speaker phone quality is top notch :tu

http://www.businesstravellogue.com/files/2007/05/w300i.jpg

tsb2000
06-07-2009, 12:03 AM
I wish Blackberry made a model that didn't have such tiny keys; something like the size of a sidekick, but the functionality of a blackberry. I can't use that 8900, and touchscreens are about worthless for me.

Nbadan
06-07-2009, 01:33 AM
GTFOOH...the IPhone is ahead of its time...

ManuTP9
06-07-2009, 01:36 AM
the sidekick Lx is all i need,even though iphone is way better i prefer my lx

whottt
06-07-2009, 01:39 AM

Yep thats it! My friend just got one and she says that the memory on it sucks ass. She said the only thing that phone has in common with the iPhone is the touch screen. I think out of all the service providers Sprint has the weakest selection of phones to choose from.

I use an Instinct. It's not the top of the line Sprint Phone, more like almost their basic model. I paid $59 dollars for mine with a contract renewal or upgrade thingamabob....for $59 it's an excellent phone. It does have pretty limited memory capability, probably the thing I dislike most about it.

Incidentally, I had a Rumour before this and this is much better than the Rumour is.

Their top of the line is some job that costs like $799 WITH a contract renewal or upgrade discount...my Dad has it, it's a pretty good phone. He's also got some ap with it that enables it to serve as a mobile wireless router.

I wouldn't pay $700 for it, then again, I wouldn't pay $700 for any freaking phone.

I hate cellphones.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2009, 01:41 AM
I have two $200 Apple gift cards. If anyone wants to buy an iPhone, I'll sell them to you.

marini martini
06-07-2009, 01:46 AM
210-226-3232

Ha.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Oh timvp told me they might be $300 gift cards. I'll confirm if anyone is interested. *they are around here somewhere*

Libri
06-07-2009, 02:38 AM
The Palm Pre was just released. It's offered by Sprint. Anybody thinking of trying it out?

http://sbraidley.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/pre_open_close.jpg

Evil Angel
06-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Oh timvp told me they might be $300 gift cards. I'll confirm if anyone is interested. *they are around here somewhere*

My wife and I have iPhones, best going IMO.

Shelly
06-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Isn't the 3.0 software also supposed to allow you to copy and paste? That will be nice.

florige
06-07-2009, 08:36 AM
i wish blackberry made a model that didn't have such tiny keys; something like the size of a sidekick, but the functionality of a blackberry. I can't use that 8900, and touchscreens are about worthless for me.

+1

florige
06-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I use an Instinct. It's not the top of the line Sprint Phone, more like almost their basic model. I paid $59 dollars for mine with a contract renewal or upgrade thingamabob....for $59 it's an excellent phone. It does have pretty limited memory capability, probably the thing I dislike most about it.

Incidentally, I had a Rumour before this and this is much better than the Rumour is.

Their top of the line is some job that costs like $799 WITH a contract renewal or upgrade discount...my Dad has it, it's a pretty good phone. He's also got some ap with it that enables it to serve as a mobile wireless router.

I wouldn't pay $700 for it, then again, I wouldn't pay $700 for any freaking phone.

I hate cellphones.

The only thing the Rumor is good for is texting. I am a person who refuses to upgrade my phone until the one I have either dies, or I lose it. I am with you in only having a cellphone because I need it. But when I do buy one I normally do try to go with at least something in the middle.

JoeChalupa
06-07-2009, 09:04 AM
I use a basic LG phone. No camera, no MP3 player. Just call out and in and text.

exstatic
06-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Isn't the 3.0 software also supposed to allow you to copy and paste? That will be nice.

Yeah, that was one of the first features leaked, probably back in March or April. I was kind of assuming folks had heard that already, which is why I didn't list it in my post.

Dr. Gonzo
06-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Can I have them?

kamikazi_player
06-07-2009, 11:31 AM
You tell me, is an LG chocolate phone better than an iphone?

koriwhat
06-07-2009, 12:39 PM
i have a pos sprint camera phone(blade?)... with no camera.

through it across the street of thousand oaks one night after getting into it with the bouncers at jack's patio bar over my dumbass ex. stupid shit i know... and now, i have no camera. damn bitch!

phyzik
06-07-2009, 12:59 PM
http://site.onlyg1.com/ind-pic.jpg

T-mobile G1. I like it.

mookie2001
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
CBF!
post in this thread please
i saidd

dolacheck
06-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I have two $200 Apple gift cards. If anyone wants to buy an iPhone, I'll sell them to you.

Oh me me me!! Ive been wanting an Iphone forever. Im using an old school sony ericsson w810i :(

Biernutz
06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
http://site.onlyg1.com/ind-pic.jpg

T-mobile G1. I like it.

The G1 is slightly bigger than my T-Mobile Dash. The Dash is a Blackberry clone. The keyboard on the G1 is bigger than a Berry and easy to hit the keys . It has a drag and drop screen with a track ball. It uses the Android software and they were selling it at $99 at Sam's.

sonic21
06-07-2009, 02:20 PM
APPLE iPhone 3G - 8GO
I've just bought it a few weeks ago for 89 euros (~120$)

http://bytel.pan.e-merchant.com/grafx/telephone/apple/l/E1001088/iphone-3g-8go.jpg

mrcoon29
06-07-2009, 03:04 PM
HTC 8900 - otherwise known as the AT&T Tilt - it's cool.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tilt%20phone&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Bob Lanier
06-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't.

IronMexican
06-07-2009, 06:51 PM

Is that good for anything Apple? Itouch included?

Kori Ellis
06-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Is that good for anything Apple? Itouch included?

Yes, they are good for anything from Apple.

Duff McCartney
06-07-2009, 08:33 PM
The Palm Pre was just released. It's offered by Sprint. Anybody thinking of trying it out?

Yes. I bought it yesterday. It's fantastic. Some of the features are good if you've never had a Palm before but I had a Treo 755p and I just don't like that as far as I know there is only one sound for text messages.

But overall it's a great phone. The GPS is pretty neat. Looking at it while you drive is awesome.

I had to wait 2 hours to get the phone. But it seems well worth it to me. I don't know if I would say it's an iphone killer. I'll let the market decide. For me I didn't want the iphone because I don't like the touchscreen typing thing. I like that the Pre has a keyboard.

The window feature is really cool.

Bob Lanier
06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Looking at it while you drive is awesome.
There should be another question on insurance applications.

Duff McCartney
06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
There should be another question on insurance applications.

Actually it's a GPS so it's not like you stare at it. But I meant more when you're not driving...like when you're in a car moving around. It's in real time.

PM5K
06-08-2009, 03:40 AM
iPhone.....

tlongII
06-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I have an LG Shine. It's not bad, but not close to the iPhone.

stretch
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
im thinking about getting a Samsung Eternity. anyone have one?

im also considering waiting till the 32gig iphone comes out and getting that.

ashbeeigh
06-08-2009, 11:30 AM
My phone is the sorriest piece of crap ever. It doesn't even have a camera. Thank God I have an upgrade in t-minus 19 days. I haven't decided what I'm upgrading to. I don't think I need an Iphone though.

I don't use the internet on my phone that much and wouldn't want to add unlimited internet to my plan. I text a lot, and want a QWERTY keyboard. A touch screen sounds like it could get me in trouble. What should I get cell phone Gods?

stretch
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
My phone is the sorriest piece of crap ever. It doesn't even have a camera. Thank God I have an upgrade in t-minus 19 days. I haven't decided what I'm upgrading to. I don't think I need an Iphone though.

I don't use the internet on my phone that much and wouldn't want to add unlimited internet to my plan. I text a lot, and want a QWERTY keyboard. A touch screen sounds like it could get me in trouble. What should I get cell phone Gods?

Get an iPhone. it comes with unlimited internet (at an added but neccesary cost), a touch screen, and no QWERTY keyboard. All your specified cell-phone needs, in one bundle.

InRareForm
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

BlackBerry 8900!

wXHauT3D94w

ashbeeigh
06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Get an iPhone. it comes with unlimited internet (at an added but neccesary cost), a touch screen, and no QWERTY keyboard. All your specified cell-phone needs, in one bundle.

I don't know if I want a touch screen or not. A friend got a Vu a few months ago and he said it took him a while to get used to the touch screen. And I don't quite think I want to upgrade my plan to something like $70 a month. $53ish is fine with me. I hardly use 150 minutes a month anyway. I think my rollover has like 4,000 minutes right now. I wish texts would rollover. That would be amazing.

Heath Ledger
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
32 GB? Sweet....

Ive been taking videos and sending photos via text messages for months now.

ATRAIN
06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
no one has a T1 android. some people prefer the T1 over the iphone.

I heard the new android is going to be totally touch screen, im waiting for that.

mrose31
06-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I have never paid anything for a phone I just get whatever comes free with you renew contract. My phone is not bad though it has camera and slide out keyboard for texting that is all I really need.

JoeChalupa
06-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I have never paid anything for a phone I just get whatever comes free with you renew contract. My phone is not bad though it has camera and slide out keyboard for texting that is all I really need.

+1 That is what I do.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I heard the new android is going to be totally touch screen, im waiting for that.
i wasn't all that thrilled with the g1. a friend of mine has it and it drops tons of calls. i felt they kinda rushed that one out.

Duff McCartney
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I wish texts would rollover. That would be amazing.

Why don't you just get unlimited texts. Don't be stupid.

ashbeeigh
06-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Why don't you just get unlimited texts. Don't be stupid.

some months I text, some I don't. Maybe I will. I haven't decided. Maybe I'll break down and get the $99 iphone.

ducks
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
what are the cell phone plans for the ipone?
found it
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

ducks
06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp#0faqSection0

ducks
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I may just get an itouch not sure
the gps feature is cool
already have cell phone

ashbeeigh
06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
what are the cell phone plans for the ipone?
found it
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

That's just too much for me to spend. I wish I could justify spending that much on a cell phone. At the most I think I'll just add unlimited texting. $30 for the data plan? That's as much as my regular plan. I'll pass. Just give me the free upgrade.

EricB
06-08-2009, 10:18 PM
some months I text, some I don't. Maybe I will. I haven't decided. Maybe I'll break down and get the $99 iphone.

Ash, tell you what, I'm getting a 3GS

I could just send you my current white Iphone.

I don't need two phones.

You can have it.

florige
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Ash, tell you what, I'm getting a 3GS

I could just send you my current white Iphone.

I don't need two phones.

You can have it.

I'll take it! I had a sorry phone first in this thread. Ash was late. :lol

ashbeeigh
06-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I'll take it! I had a sorry phone first in this thread. Ash was late. :lol

Take it. The data plan is lame. I don't need the data plan. I just want a QWERTY keyboard for easier texting.

u2sarajevo
06-08-2009, 11:04 PM
I just got this phone and I like it:
http://gadgetmix.com/uploads/3/htc-fuze-better-kb.jpg
I don't know if it's better than an iPhone because I've never owned one.

Actually I've never owned anything from Apple.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I've had my T-Mobile Shadow for over a year now. No, it's not better than an i-Phone. I doubt anything is...

Shadow (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Cell-Phone-Detail.aspx?cell-phone=T-Mobile-Shadow-Black-Burgundy)

Cry Havoc
06-08-2009, 11:47 PM
The iPhone is currently the best (non-business) cell phone available to American (or North American) consumers, and it isn't really close.

The Blackberry's are still the best business phones because of security and email features. They are top notch at mailing groups and newsfeeds and so forth.

But there is nothing that compares with the iPhone's responsive touchscreen and the ability to surf the net anywhere, in almost the exact same format as you would with a regular computer. I have browsed Spurstalk hundreds of times from my iPhone 3G and it's always a very cool experience.

For the record, I can MMS other people with my iPhone, you just have to know how to do it. I can also copy-paste, record video (recording on the iPhone is actually quite excellent in quality!), and data tether to my laptop. I can surf the net from my car in the middle of nowhere as long as I have an EDGE carrier signal.

If you have an iPhone and you haven't jailbroken it, you're missing out on at least 50% of it's potential.

mrcoon29
06-09-2009, 12:15 AM
That's just too much for me to spend. I wish I could justify spending that much on a cell phone. At the most I think I'll just add unlimited texting. $30 for the data plan? That's as much as my regular plan. I'll pass. Just give me the free upgrade.

I agree. If you don't use your phone much for the internet (I don't) but would still like the opportunity to get on every now and again (I do) then look for a phone with WIFI and when you're hanging out at those WIFI hotspots well your cruising for free. Besides a few years down the road you might change your mind and get a new plan.

As for texting - are you in anyway military? Active, retired, something? I wanted to be able to text (love the qwerty keyboard) but refused to change my current phone plan & didn't want to raise my phone bill a whole lot. Sales guy looked up our account (AT&T) and saw that we had never been assigned the monthly price break for being military (10+ years with AT&T!) , so adding unlimited texting to my phone cost me maybe @ $15 more each month.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-09-2009, 01:08 AM
CBF!
post in this thread please
i saidd

Up until a few months ago I was using what my father referred to as a "world war II" phone....it was an old school clunky nokia without the external antenna.

I found no purpose in getting a new one, as it had pretty much everything I needed. Then I switched sim cards to a new phone, and whaddya know, dropped calls, shitty reception--but hey, at least now I got a 1.6 megapixel camera and internet options!

stretch
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I just got this phone and I like it:
http://gadgetmix.com/uploads/3/htc-fuze-better-kb.jpg
I don't know if it's better than an iPhone because I've never owned one.

Actually I've never owned anything from Apple.

i was looking at that one online too. it seemed a bit bulky on the pictures though. any complaints with it?

ashbeeigh
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
As for texting - are you in anyway military? Active, retired, something? I wanted to be able to text (love the qwerty keyboard) but refused to change my current phone plan & didn't want to raise my phone bill a whole lot. Sales guy looked up our account (AT&T) and saw that we had never been assigned the monthly price break for being military (10+ years with AT&T!) , so adding unlimited texting to my phone cost me maybe @ $15 more each month.

Nope, but I'm still hanging on to my 9% West discount even though I haven't worked there in a year and a half! :lol

Score on your discount though!

manufan10
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
http://myphone.ca/catalog/images/motorola-hint.jpg

It's pretty good. I like it, but it's no where close to being better than the Iphone.

SpursWoman
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
For me I didn't want the iphone because I don't like the touchscreen typing thing. I like that the Pre has a keyboard.

I have an Instinct but this is the one thing I don't like about it because I text a lot. The GPS and the realtime scoreboard and movie listing features are really cool, though.

I've got the Pre at the top of my list for Santa. Because my contract renewal doesn't come up until December. :depressed

florige
06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Pretty much the overall concensus seems to be the iPhone is the phone to have.

ashbeeigh
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM
http://myphone.ca/catalog/images/motorola-hint.jpg

It's pretty good. I like it, but it's no where close to being better than the Iphone.

Ohh. I like that. No butt dialing, QWERTY keyboard and no touch screen. That looks like a winner.

manufan10
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Ohh. I like that. No butt dialing, QWERTY keyboard and no touch screen. That looks like a winner.

That's why I like it! :lol The touch screen would get all smudged and look disgusting for me, IMO. It's a decent phone and gets the job done, and it didn't kill my bank account either. All in all a good phone.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
i really like Nokia's N series. More specifically the N95,
http://www.mobilegazette.com/handsets/nokia/nokia-n95-8gb/nokia-n95-8gb-combo.jpg
N96,
http://www.apps.nokia.ie/%7Eambassador/nuig/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nokia-n96.jpg
and the newer N97.
http://pic.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/mwc09-nokia/latest/n97/gsmarena_013.jpg

the newer N97 is pretty beefy. it's got 3g. you can send mms message. screen is bigger. sd card slot. touch screen. and a 5mp carl ziess camera lens. that alone is worth the price of this. the n95 and n96 have the same lens. i'd say this is more of an "iphone killer" than the palm pre. i have htc's shadow. it's ok, but i'll be upgrading to one of these soon.

ATRAIN
06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Anyone have the G1? I am thinking about getting the G1 or should I wait for the G2?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Anyone have the G1? I am thinking about getting the G1 or should I wait for the G2?
my buddy's g1 drops tons of calls. he recently updated the phone's os last week and for some reason it automatically dialed my number every morning for about 3 days.

ATRAIN
06-09-2009, 12:48 PM

a coworker has this phone and its pretty nice looking.

Dr. Gonzo
06-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I wanted to get the Palm Pre but I didn't want to pay $150 or $200 for it. I managed to talk Sprint into letting me have the Palm Treo Pro for $30.

It takes a while to get used to the Windows Mobile OS.

monosylab1k
06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a Samsung Glyde and it is the shittiest phone I've ever had. Easily the worst touch screen phone out there. I've had like 4 phones in the past 2 years tho, so I really don't want to buy another one. I'll just wait for my free upgrade in another year, and I can't f'ing wait.

InRareForm
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
the only thing holding back the iphone is ATT.

I hear they are going to milk the money out of people's pockets with DATA, MMS, Thet., and etc.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2009, 04:18 PM

I definitely am. Currently have a Centro, but only because my 700p was falling apart, and the Pre seems like a near-perfect fit.

There's an excellent comprehensive review of the Pre here: http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-review

I'd like to see better battery life and an expansion port, and also have better synchronization software. If prevous patterns hold form a new version of the Pre will be out in 6-9 months, so I may just wait for that.

Supreme_Being
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3449/nokian85smartphone2.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nokian85smartphone2.jpg)

I have this. Way better than the iPhone (when it comes to raw features).

It has everything the N96 has sans the TV tuner, but N85 is smaller, has better battery life and has AMOLED screen which kicks arse.

Duff McCartney
06-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I have an Instinct but this is the one thing I don't like about it because I text a lot. The GPS and the realtime scoreboard and movie listing features are really cool, though.

I've got the Pre at the top of my list for Santa. Because my contract renewal doesn't come up until December. :depressed

My contract wasn't up with Sprint until December either but I was eligible for the upgrade anyway because I always pay my bill on time. And I've never ever had to call customer service. In fact the girl at the Sprint store asked me what my pin was and I was like uh I dunno...and then she said what you give them when you call customer service..my reply was I've never had to call them.

Overall the phone is great...it could definitely use a few software updates though...I wish it had a different ringtone for receiving texts like my Palm Treo 755p does.

But I don't really mind much. The camera phone is really nice too. It takes good pictures. I'm really loving the GPS on the phone.

I've also had quite a few offers for my old Treo but I'm gonna hang on to it for a bit. Never know how many bugs the new phone will have.

Duff McCartney
06-09-2009, 11:17 PM
I definitely am. Currently have a Centro, but only because my 700p was falling apart, and the Pre seems like a near-perfect fit.

There's an excellent comprehensive review of the Pre here: http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-review

I'd like to see better battery life and an expansion port, and also have better synchronization software. If prevous patterns hold form a new version of the Pre will be out in 6-9 months, so I may just wait for that.

You won't be sorry...this phone is fantastic.

B-Hath
06-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I've got an old Samsung Slider that i've had for over two years. I think I'm gonna go with the Samsung Jack next.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20090514/jack.jpg

Mark in Austin
06-10-2009, 05:23 AM
still debating between the Pre and iphone. I love the combined calendar feature the Pre has, but after playing around with it in the Sprint store it doesn't seem to be as intuitive as the iPhone. Also, while I dig the fact it has a real keyboard, it seemed pretty flimsy to me. Palm shoud have used a more solid feeling plastic or some type of metal - especially in the high traffic areas of the phone.
I also am not a fan of the "cards" so far. It drives me crazy to see the edges of the next and previous cards on the screen.

ShoogarBear
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
still debating between the Pre and iphone. I love the combined calendar feature the Pre has, but after playing around with it in the Sprint store it doesn't seem to be as intuitive as the iPhone. Also, while I dig the fact it has a real keyboard, it seemed pretty flimsy to me. Palm shoud have used a more solid feeling plastic or some type of metal - especially in the high traffic areas of the phone.
I also am not a fan of the "cards" so far. It drives me crazy to see the edges of the next and previous cards on the screen.

One of the first apps somebody came out with for the Pre was one which makes it look and feel like the Treo (keeping the true multitasking of the Pre) so you don't have to be bound to using the cards.

From what I understand, the keyboard is just like the Centro's, which I wasn't a big fan of, but I got used to it.

stretch
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
anyone have a Nokia N97?

they look fucking awesome, so i just put a bid on one on ebay

Viva Las Espuelas
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
anyone have a Nokia N97?

they look fucking awesome, so i just put a bid on one on ebay
good luck with that. the only thing i don't like is the way it flips out. it doesn't look that sturdy, but that's what i see off of videos.

stretch
06-10-2009, 01:57 PM
good luck with that. the only thing i don't like is the way it flips out. it doesn't look that sturdy, but that's what i see off of videos.

all reviews ive seen on it are great. some people say they would easily take it over the iphone. so i figured id give it a shot and let yall know.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I have a Samsung Glyde and it is the shittiest phone I've ever had. Easily the worst touch screen phone out there. I've had like 4 phones in the past 2 years tho, so I really don't want to buy another one. I'll just wait for my free upgrade in another year, and I can't f'ing wait.

Are you under your 1 year warranty still? Because if so you should take it into a store and have it replaced, the replacement models touchscreen are alot better.

lefty
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Nothing against the Iphone, it's fun to use (my brother owns one) but I know 80% of its features will be useless to me

Viva Las Espuelas
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
all reviews ive seen on it are great. some people say they would easily take it over the iphone. so i figured id give it a shot and let yall know.
what's the normal price for it? $399?

stretch
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
what's the normal price for it? $399?

lol, on ebay it ranges from like $550-$850. :wow

I was also looking at the Nokie 5800. Those are really nice too.

However, think I'm just going to go to an AT&T store and get a Samsung Impression tonight, since I'm eligible for an upgrade. Those look really nice and got good reviews.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
lol, on ebay it ranges from like $550-$850. :wow

I was also looking at the Nokie 5800. Those are really nice too.

However, think I'm just going to go to an AT&T store and get a Samsung Impression tonight, since I'm eligible for an upgrade. Those look really nice and got good reviews.wow. that's a lot. that's why i'm aiming towards the n95 or 96. they are old, but i think they can hold their own.

stretch
06-11-2009, 09:39 AM
wow. that's a lot. that's why i'm aiming towards the n95 or 96. they are old, but i think they can hold their own.

yeah, but i bet the price will drop some before long. they arent even being sold in most places. i dont know if its being sold in the US at all.

i got the Samsung Impression last night. i was very impressed (no pun intended). responsive touch screen, good keyboard, has all the options that i need. about the only thing i wish it had was wi-fi, but its not that big of a deal to me. everything else on it is fantastic though.

ashbeeigh
06-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I upgraded yesterday :elephant and didn't get an Iphone...but the lady next to me did. She was nuts. She even mentioned not text messaging. I hate people that buy stuff they know they don't need. I went with the LG Neon

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2009/2/lg-neon.jpg

stretch
06-28-2009, 10:10 PM
looks pretty gay

Kori Ellis
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Nothing against the Iphone, it's fun to use (my brother owns one) but I know 80% of its features will be useless to me

Me too. I have two $200 Apple gift cards that have been on my desk since Christmas. I always think of buying an iPhone, but I know I'd never use its capabilities.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Me too. I have two $200 Apple gift cards that have been on my desk since Christmas. I always think of buying an iPhone, but I know I'd never use its capabilities.

Damn, I wish I would of known, I just bought an Iphone from the apple store, I coulda bought those from you.

TwAnKiEs
06-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Its not out yet, but I am preordering on the 8th.... Tmobile My Touch

http://www.techchee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/T-mobile-myTouch-3G-cellphone.jpg

F2nGvneQnoI&feature=related

sonnytris
06-29-2009, 03:49 PM
The Storm and I'm still trying to learn how to type with it in a CERTAIN postions

stretch
06-29-2009, 03:59 PM
The Storm and I'm still trying to learn how to type with it in a CERTAIN postions

i have a couple friends that have that phone, and they were very disappointed.

mrsmaalox
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM

Same here. But I bought one anyway :D I went for the cheap 3G 8GB. I don't need it, it's just a toy. I've made calls from it so far and that's pretty much all! LOL

ShoogarBear
10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
The other thread reminded me of this one. Anyone get the Pre? If so, your thoughts?

ATRAIN
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Its not out yet, but I am preordering on the 8th.... Tmobile My Touch

http://www.techchee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/T-mobile-myTouch-3G-cellphone.jpg

F2nGvneQnoI&feature=related

I love my Mytouch.

ATRAIN
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
The other thread reminded me of this one. Anyone get the Pre? If so, your thoughts?

a few of my friends have it. Prob the best phone Sprint has to offer, pretty nice phone.

sonic21
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
My girlfriend has a Pre.

It's a cracking phone. Multi-tasking seems like second nature until you play with an iPhone again. It's a 'charge it every night' job though.

lefty
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I recently got an Iphone

Hehehe :D

makedamnsure
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Blackberry 8900 is pretty great if you're anti-Apple or don't like touch screens. I've been with T-Mobile for a while so they waived my upgrade fee and they lowered my family texting plan from 20 bucks a month to 10 bucks a month too. The phone only cost me 100 bucks so basically the phone will pay for itself in a few more months. Very nice deal.

p.s. that's for unlimited texting for 3 people.

Ginofan
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
The Pre is on sale now for $149 with a new 2 year plan...I've been eying this phone since before it came out! So I think it'll be my early Christmas present to myself this year since my contract is up finally.

Shoog, I know JohnnyBlaze has the Pre and he says it's pretty nice, but that the battery life is only so-so. I would wait for a better generation but I haven't heard as to when that will be.

NASpurs
10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I have a Samsung Omnia and it's pretty good but I have my eyes on those Android-based phones coming out soon through Verizon.

Cry Havoc
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
The iPhone is still a beast, especially in the U.S. market. I'm jailbreaking mine to 3.1.2 software tonight.

The HTD HD2 looks AMAZING though.

IronMexican
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM

the Palm Pre? Or some other phone I don't know of.

The Palm Pre is an ok phone. The keyboard will hurt your fingers if you have big hands since it's so compact. The regular headphone jack is cool, though

TDMVPDPOY
10-19-2009, 07:37 PM
im using a prepaid nokia 6700 classic,

does basically everything a phone should be doing.....yay or nay

InRareForm
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/19/motorola-droid-hands-on/

http://media.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/motorola-droid.jpg

i'm hearing the droid is the real deal.

PakiDan
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
This is my phone...
http://www.walyou.com/img/iphone-3g-funny-facts.jpg

CharlieMac
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.vincentabry.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/blackberry-bold.jpg

Best phone ever.

InRareForm
10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
http://media.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/motorola-droid.jpg

jaffies
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
The HTD HD2 looks AMAZING though.

Prolly the only phone I've seen that is comparable.

Private Joker
10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

PM5K
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
This is my phone...

Touchscreen FTW!

Dr. Gonzo
10-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I have the Palm Treo Pro. I really dig it but the fucking windows mobile freezes every so often. It's kind of annoying but it's pretty badass.

phxspurfan
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I have a white 16GB iPhone 3G but I got it refurbished so it was $150 after a $50 rebate. And I get some employee discount since I work for a computer company that does business with Apple so the bill's not a monthly stick in the eye.

But as far as features go, I use it basically as a phone, I check email when I'm bored or in line for awhile, of course text, compulsively check stocks, whatever. I also use it at the gym as an ipod when I'm running and such, which is exactly what I got it for. I'm happy with it.

The software needs work though. I updated to 3.1 and had a rough time with it. It had to be replaced by the Apple Store people because the original one kept heating up and the battery would die overnight, taking my alarm clock features with it (cauting me to wake up late).

I wouldn't say it's worth $400 or whatever retail is for it though.

xellos88330
10-20-2009, 01:09 PM
My phone is better because its cheap.

Cry Havoc
10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
This is my phone...

Hmmm. that's interesting. How many phones in the US can make videocalls?

760Spursfan
10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I had a BB 8320 and now I just got the BB 8900. The phone is great but if anyone knows of any cool apps that it comes with or can download let me know.

Fdawg07
10-21-2009, 01:29 AM
i have sprints HTC hero...the phones pretty slick. still gettin used to the touchscreen text msging though....

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Got a question about the iPhone.

Are the apps free?

Heath Ledger
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
If you jailbreak it all you can eat. However the app store has thousands of free apps and ad supported lite versions of apps.

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
What's the most an app could cost?

BacktoBasics
10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
What's the most an app could cost?10 bucks is the most expensive I've seen and it was for a game.

Most apps are .99 to 4.99. Half the stuff I put on my ipod was free.

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
10 bucks is the most expensive I've seen and it was for a game.

Most apps are .99 to 4.99. Half the stuff I put on my ipod was free.

All that shit should be free.

Heath Ledger
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
There are apps that cost more than $1000 for the record. Many $29-$79

phxspurfan
10-22-2009, 03:12 PM
What's the most an app could cost?

I think there's a $250 golf app that my friend wanted. It gives you your location and distance, etc on any of it's programmed golf courses.

lefty
10-22-2009, 03:15 PM
All that shit should be free.
Most of it can be free if you jailbreak your Iphone/Itouch

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 03:16 PM
There are apps that cost more than $1000 for the record. Many $29-$79

I think there's a $250 golf app that my friend wanted. It gives you your location and distance, etc on any of it's programmed golf courses.

RIDICULOUS!

Most of it can be free if you jailbreak your Iphone/Itouch

What the fuck does jailbreak mean?

lefty
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
RIDICULOUS!

What the fuck does jailbreak mean?

Aaah, Pandas...they are so cute and yet naive :p:

Basically, you use an app that will jaibreak your Istuff

It will allow you to get access to 3rd party apps, and also most of the apps of Apple Store (for example, I got the new CNN app, anfd that one is not free)

You can also add themes, backgrounds, etc..

You increase your Istuff by at least 60%

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Aaah, Pandas...they are so cute and yet naive :p:

Basically, you use an app that will jaibreak your Istuff

It will allow you to get access to 3rd party apps, and also most of the apps of Apple Store (for example, I got the new CNN app, anfd that one is not free)

You can also add themes, backgrounds, etc..

You increase your Istuff by at least 60%

Whew...thanks. :D

I think internet and cell phone service should be free to everyone in the world. :lol

BacktoBasics
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
There are apps that cost more than $1000 for the record. Many $29-$79I haven't seen shit like that. Does the $1000 app suck my cock or what?

The Gemini Method
10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I've been a pretty loyal iPhone user for about 3 years now, and I would have to say that since I change my 1st gen to the 3G, it has improved in being able to do the things I really ask of it. I use it mostly to email work items and be in contact with the web for things that may need to be put up for my job and stuff, so I am pleasantly surprised at the capabilities of my phone. The one hang-up was the fact that service is exclusive to AT&T, buy even that hasn't been a problem. I rarely have a dropped call and the wireless has worked, for the most part, without any major issues. Yeah the iPhone isn't for everyone, but for me it has to be the best phone I've ever used and I've used almost all major brands/carriers.