PDA

View Full Version : One of the best movies I have ever seen

sook
06-06-2009, 09:00 PM
American Beauty.

It had to me into tears at the end, talk about a movie weaved together so well.

Its deff top 10 all time on my list.

Mugshot
06-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Definitely a great film....

Dex
06-06-2009, 09:08 PM
10 Years Late Forum. :D

Still, definitely a classic film.

Easily on my top 5 list, and I've watched a LOT of movies.

Dr. Gonzo
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Thora Birch's tits are the best part of the flick.

duncan228
06-06-2009, 09:57 PM
One of the best. :tu :tu

baseline bum
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Classic movie. Kevin Spacey's character was fucking awesome in it.

jaffies
06-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Awesome movie.
Spacey made it great.

but not in my favorite 100.

Ghazi
06-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Whoa Whoa whoa

Its a good movie, but...

It's not close to an all time classic dammit!

and youre GAY for crying at the end of it.

lefty
06-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Awesome movie.
Spacey made it great.

but not in my favorite 100.

Classic movie. Kevin Spacey's character was fucking awesome in it.

I wasn't just abput Spacey

That other guy (I always forget his name), who is playing the neighbor's father, is amazing

Blue Jew
06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Let us know what you think about Titanic when you see it!

monosylab1k
06-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Pretty good but not great. It's not even that director's best movie.

marini martini
06-07-2009, 01:37 AM
I didn't know Sissy Spacek was in that movie!!!!

ChumpDumper
06-07-2009, 04:12 AM
I wasn't just abput Spacey

That other guy (I always forget his name), who is playing the neighbor's father, is amazingChris Cooper is a criminally underrated actor. If you want to see one of his few leading roles, check out The Lone Star. It's a really engrossing snapshot of the border region of Texas.

MiamiHeat
06-07-2009, 05:04 AM
*looks around*

All I did was click on a thread, how did I end up in in the year 1999?

Strike
06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
*looks around*

All I did was click on a thread, how did I end up in in the year 1999?

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/DMendozaIII/flux_capacitor.jpg

Bender
06-07-2009, 08:29 AM
haven't seen it. Maybe I need to rent it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2009, 08:53 AM
It has some great performances but I think it's overrated as a film.

Spurminator
06-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Kevin Spacey and Annette Bening were great. If the movie was solely about them, I'd have loved it.

Unfortunately, the movie is also about a budding love story between their daughter and their "oh wow, I am so totally introspective" pussy neighbor kid who thinks filming a trash bag flying around qualifies as some kind of deep spiritual event. "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

Run away with me, my darling! Let's reject this hollow superficial suburban world if favor of smoking weed and filming trash! That's what life is really about! We're "freaks." People just don't understand us. Maybe they'll let us live outside a Hot Topic.

And then there's his dad, played admirably by Chris Cooper, but written as an over-the-top, one-dimensionally evil characature. Oh wow, the abusive homophobic military father is actually gay himself? What a clever ironic twist!

There's really not a single character in the movie worth rooting for or even giving a shit about. And that would be fine except I think we're supposed to like some of them.

JoeChalupa
06-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I've never watched it but I've heard it was good.

leemajors
06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Kevin Spacey and Annette Bening were great. If the movie was solely about them, I'd have loved it.

Unfortunately, the movie is also about a budding love story between their daughter and their "oh wow, I am so totally introspective" pussy neighbor kid who thinks filming a trash bag flying around qualifies as some kind of deep spiritual event. "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

Run away with me, my darling! Let's reject this hollow superficial suburban world if favor of smoking weed and filming trash! That's what life is really about! We're "freaks." People just don't understand us. Maybe they'll let us live outside a Hot Topic.

And then there's his dad, played admirably by Chris Cooper, but written as an over-the-top, one-dimensionally evil characature. Oh wow, the abusive homophobic military father is actually gay himself? What a clever ironic twist!

There's really not a single character in the movie worth rooting for or even giving a shit about. And that would be fine except I think we're supposed to like some of them.

:lol :tu

exstatic
06-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Chris Cooper is a criminally underrated actor. If you want to see one of his few leading roles, check out The Lone Star. It's a really engrossing snapshot of the border region of Texas.

Cooper was also outstanding in Breach, the story of Robert Hanssen, the FBI mole/double agent.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I liked this movie alot. Kevin Spacey's character is the shit. Remember when he bribes his boss by saying that he'll tell people that he was going to let the boss blow him

roflrofl it makes no sense but its awesome
Thora Birch :tu :tu :tu
those are some fullys

sonic21
06-07-2009, 10:44 AM
awesome movie :tu

Mugshot
06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Chris Cooper is a criminally underrated actor. If you want to see one of his few leading roles, check out The Lone Star. It's a really engrossing snapshot of the border region of Texas.

He also won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Adaptation.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/feb2008/6/6/08C87569-90AB-433B-29DD1E439DB36F8D.jpg

sook
06-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I liked this movie alot. Kevin Spacey's character is the shit. Remember when he bribes his boss by saying that he'll tell people that he was going to let the boss blow him

roflrofl it makes no sense but its awesome
Thora Birch :tu :tu :tu
those are some fullys

Haha dude i just added that to my favorite quotes on facebook...

Lester: "My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell." Well, you have absolutely no interest in saving yourself.

sook
06-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Whoa Whoa whoa

Its a good movie, but...

It's not close to an all time classic dammit!

and youre GAY for crying at the end of it.

Ok...I didn't really cry but it was an emotional ending.

koriwhat
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM

saw that in my film class back at sac. crazy... it was good to say the least.

Blue Jew
06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Classic!

-_jLnrUXJNM

ShoogarBear
06-07-2009, 05:01 PM

I agree with everything . . . and go one further.

Spacey's character began the film as a narcissistic douchebag who wants to sleep with his daughter's friend. And at the end, our hero has gone through a transformation so that now he is a narcissistic douchebag who doesn't want to sleep with his daughter's friend any more.

That's it. That's the big self-relevation: There are limits to douchebaggery.

Laker Lanny
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
all of you missed the whole point of the movie it was about the plastic bag!

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/environmentandenergy/ricky%20fitts.jpg

IronMexican
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Never watched it or even heard of it.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
It has some great performances but I think it's overrated as a film.I generally agree with this assessment.

There are some great moments with Spacey of course, and the overall message was an interesting one but they way it got there was a little contrived to be an all-time classic.

Still, some priceless parts....

"You're gettin' it from the king, baby!"

"Fuck me, your majesty!"

:lol

tp2021
06-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Plus incest!