PDA

View Full Version : Reader's Choice Awards 2009

davi78239
06-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Don't know if there'd been a thread on this already but I just got around to viewing the results online. All I gotta say is "wow" to a lot of the winners and don't know how they won. Best Fajitas goes to Taco Cabana? Are you kidding me SA? They had Pappasitos second and they a clearly way better than Taco Cabana? Hell, Taco Tote has some mean Fajitas and they weren't even mentioned! And Sea Island #1? Ha Ha....followed by Red Lobster and then Pappadeux 3rd? What?? Pappaduex is light years better than those two places. I don't see what this city's fascination has always been with Sea Island. Yea, it's good but not to be number 1 all the damn time. And for burgers....not even one mention for Fuddrucker's, which is clearly way better than Whataburger, Burger King.....and others than made the list. Hell, there's other better burger places than even those. And I-HOP for best breakfast?? Come on already!

King
06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
It's always like that. Of course the smaller, better restaurants aren't going to get as many votes as a restaurant on every corner. People vote what they know.

Mugshot
06-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Those surveys are always watered down. Not even worth looking at...IMHO.

jman3000
06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Whataburger is pretty good... but it's still a fast food place. It's not nearly on the level of a Chris Madrid's.

The only thing TC's make which is edible are their Cabana bowls... and only when I'm shit drunk at 3 AM.

Frenzy
06-07-2009, 05:20 PM
It's always like that. Of course the smaller, better restaurants aren't going to get as many votes as a restaurant on every corner. People vote what they know.

end thread

Silver21_Black20
06-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Whataburger is pretty good... but it's still a fast food place. It's not nearly on the level of a Chris Madrid's.

The only thing TC's make which is edible are their Cabana bowls... and only when I'm shit drunk at 3 AM.

Chris Madrid's is overrated.

Longhorn Cafe burgers > Chris Madrid burgers

jman3000
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Chris Madrid's is overrated.

Longhorn Cafe burgers > Chris Madrid burgers

Seeing as how you're probably a leading expert on eating I'll take your word for it :)

jman3000
06-07-2009, 05:49 PM
but really... Chris Madrid's is my favorite burger in town.

scott
06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
The place that won Critics Choice for "Best Place for a Cold Beer" is pretty good...

duncan228
06-07-2009, 07:46 PM
The place that won Critics Choice for "Best Place for a Cold Beer" is pretty good...

Congrats. Glad it's doing well. :toast

robino2001
06-07-2009, 07:56 PM
In-laws took the family to Chris Madrids a couple of months back talking about how good it was. I had never been before but had always heard about it. Albeit - this is based off of only one visit - but I was not impressed at all. I had no desire to go back outside of maybe to give it another shot just to see if I missed something.

I've only been to Longhorn once also (one on NE side) but I did enjoy that much more than Chris Madrids.

CubanMustGo
06-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I don't know how anyone could take offense at these awards. After all, UTSA was named 'best college/university.'

lebomb
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't know how anyone could take offense at these awards. After all, UTSA was named 'best college/university.'

Well, we are the only D1 U in town at the moment. Well, other than TAMSA. But, they dont have a stand alone campus or football team yet.

Trinity is actually might vote for best academics in San Antonio. :toast

ElBorracho
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
It is People's Choice. Stop bitching.

SpursStalker
06-08-2009, 09:36 AM

I found this comment funny for some reason ...

:lol

robino2001
06-08-2009, 12:49 PM

I thought this was too funny to pass up... sums up the year long argument I'd think.

Richard Cranium
06-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I love EZ's burgers.

Dr. Gonzo
06-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I love Longhorn Cafe but just recently went to Tycoon Flats and thought they had some incredible food. I've been to Chris Madrid's and to Sam's Burger Joint and didn't find anything appealing about their burgers.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm going to check out both Longhorn Cafe and Tycoon Flats on date nights with the wife while our kids our off with the grandparents for two weeks.

SpursStalker
06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm going to check out both Longhorn Cafe and Tycoon Flats on date nights with the wife while our kids our off with the grandparents for two weeks.

Longhorn Cafe rawks!!!

:hungry:

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Longhorn Cafe rawks!!!

Is the one on Pat Booker Rd just as good as the others? That is the one we will be going to.

Blake
06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Don't know if there'd been a thread on this already but I just got around to viewing the results online. All I gotta say is "wow" to a lot of the winners and don't know how they won. Best Fajitas goes to Taco Cabana? Are you kidding me SA? They had Pappasitos second and they a clearly way better than Taco Cabana? Hell, Taco Tote has some mean Fajitas and they weren't even mentioned! And Sea Island #1? Ha Ha....followed by Red Lobster and then Pappadeux 3rd? What?? Pappaduex is light years better than those two places. I don't see what this city's fascination has always been with Sea Island. Yea, it's good but not to be number 1 all the damn time. And for burgers....not even one mention for Fuddrucker's, which is clearly way better than Whataburger, Burger King.....and others than made the list. Hell, there's other better burger places than even those. And I-HOP for best breakfast?? Come on already!

People in SA prefer quantity over quality.

Blake
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM

utsa academics ftw

:lobt:

SpursStalker
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Is the one on Pat Booker Rd just as good as the others? That is the one we will be going to.

I've never been to that one.

I go to the one on Blanco Rd, since it's close to my house.

Blake
06-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Longhorn Cafe rawks!!!

Longhorn is my favorite for burgers and for chips and queso.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I've never been to that one.

I go to the one on Blanco Rd, since it's close to my house.

I checked out the menu and it is right up my alley. :tu

SpursStalker
06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I checked out the menu and it is right up my alley. :tu

I tried to take PandaSpur to the one and Blanco and they were packed, no parking no nothing. So if that is any indication as to the one you're going to I would get there early!!!

Burgers as big as your plate ...

:lol

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Whoohoo!!!

robino2001
06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I've only been to the Longhorn on Pat Booker - enjoyed it greatly. My father goes to the one near Brooks and says they both are equally as good. So I'd assume they're all pretty similar.

ploto
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
In-laws took the family to Chris Madrids a couple of months back talking about how good it was. I had never been before but had always heard about it. Albeit - this is based off of only one visit - but I was not impressed at all. I had no desire to go back outside of maybe to give it another shot just to see if I missed something.

Been there with family a number of times and it's appeal is totally lost on me.

pkbpkb81
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
dont they do like best radio show who won that