PDA

View Full Version : Pau and Odom Cheat Dwight Out of Posessions

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Give the damn ball to Dwight and get out the way." Easier said than done apparently. On almost every posession that Dwight was in, the Orlando Magic tried to dump it in to him but was stifled when Lamar or Pau cheated the post player by stepping in front of him. This, a favorite move by defensive stopper Bruce Bowen, stifles Dwight Howard in that it denies the inside pass and it makes Dwight Howard step out further from the post in order to get the ball... - http://www.julioextra.com/?Codx=15130

ginobili's bald spot
06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
#1 No one cares about your shitty blog.

#2 Your mom probably doesn't even read it.

#3 You fail at domain names.

iggypop123
06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
ban this fag

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:37 PM
ban me? you two are the ones blatantly shredding the TOS right now with the profanity in your langauge and your blatant personal attacks. this is the spurs forum where members treat each other with respect and class is shown

not that lakers forum where everyone treats each other with disrespect and hurls personal insults at each other.

ginobili's bald spot
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
ban me? you two are the ones blatantly shredding the TOS right now with the profanity in your langauge and your blatant personal attacks. this is the spurs forum where members treat each other with respect and class is shown

not that lakers forum where everyone treats each other with disrespect and hurls personal insults at each other.

:lol

iggypop123
06-07-2009, 10:39 PM
nba forum...

BadOdor
06-07-2009, 10:39 PM
this is the spurs forum where members treat each other with respect and class is shown

I think you got the wrong forum.

Allanon
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM

You obviously haven't been here before :lol

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
yes, "nba forum" in the website "spurstalk.com"

don't you think that Spurs fans would post in a forum spurstalk.com? would posting this link be relevant in the spurs section? It would not.

i am honestly open to disagreements, but make counter-arguments that debate the logic, not arguments that get into excessive personal attacks.

iggypop123
06-07-2009, 10:42 PM
my counterargument is this is not the place to go spam a blog advertisement.

ginobili's bald spot
06-07-2009, 10:42 PM

Seriously this post just proves that you don't even read this site and you only come here to spam your pathetic website.

Allanon
06-07-2009, 10:43 PM
yes, "nba forum" in the website "spurstalk.com"

not arguments that get into excessive personal attacks.

Almost every argument here gets into excessive personal attacks.

I probably would have been banned 100 times on a Laker board for all my personal attacks against Spurfan here. :lol

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
my counterargument is this is not the place to go spam a blog advertisement.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93855

let me know where it says that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
:lmao this 5 post fool telling people with a four figure amount of posts how this site works

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Seriously this post just proves that you don't even read this site and you only come here to spam your pathetic website.

Nope, I love the Spurs, I've been reading the posts for awhile just didn't have anything to say until now. I'd still be a regular here if i couldn't post links.

CubanMustGo
06-07-2009, 10:46 PM
You're a fucking idiot. If you want to spam your blog, go somewhere else.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-07-2009, 10:49 PM
lol crappy blog
lol really sensitive about crappy blog
lol telling senior members that everyone on this site is respectful
lol post count in single digits
lol douchebag no one here has ever seen post before

duncan228
06-07-2009, 10:50 PM
If you want to spam your blog, go somewhere else.

Agree.

If you want to be a member of ST try posting in threads already going instead of starting a thread to pimp your site. If you're really here to be a part of the conversation put your blog link in your signature. It doesn't look like obvious spamming that way.

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Or

If you want to be a member of ST try posting in threads already going instead of starting a thread to pimp your site. If you're really here to be a part of the conversation put your blog link in your signature. It doesn't look like obvious spamming that way.

k. i greatly appreciate your constructive remark.

iggypop123
06-07-2009, 10:51 PM
i always thought duncan 228 was a bot robot posting stories

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:53 PM
my post in its entirety so you can read it all here without going there and we can make this thread about the issue instead of myself

"Give the damn ball to Dwight and get out the way." Easier said than done apparently. On almost every posession that Dwight was in, the Orlando Magic tried to dump it in to him but was stifled when Lamar or Pau cheated the post player by stepping in front of him. This, a favorite move by defensive stopper Bruce Bowen, stifles Dwight Howard in that it denies the inside pass and it makes Dwight Howard step out further from the post in order to get the ball.

Coach Van Gundy: Make them pay for it. Their not going to try to guard Dwight straight up (and they shouldn't try) so next time they step out in front of Dwight, have Dwight turn around and box that man out. Then swing the ball out to the other side and either take a jump shot which puts Dwight in the perfect position for an offensive rebound, or penetrate and kick-in to Dwight who'll be right in front of the basket for a dunk.

Phil more than anyone knows how to contest the post-player-kick-out offense, but this was a counter-attack that he never implemented with Shaq. Now is Van Gundy's chance.

This was a much improved game by the Magic minus some mistakes. Like why bench player JJ Reddick played the final minutes of the game instead of Rafer Alston or Jameer Nelson. There were also many posessions that Dwight was frustrated not getting calls and just gave up on the play, watching the Lakers run the fast break. Don't stop to complain in the middle of the play, get your butt back on D.
I was surprised by how well Mikael Pietrus and Hedo defended Kobe Bryant. He got his anyways, but the Magic put on a defensive effort we can live with.

Hopefully the Magic make adjustments and take Game 3.

:flag:

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-07-2009, 10:58 PM
No they didn't cheat Dwight out of possesions, they played great defense on him. :idiot

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 10:59 PM
No they didn't cheat Dwight out of possesions, they played great defense on him. :idiot

yeah, they did play great D. "cheating" does imply it was against the rules, i didnt mean it in that context. i meant it was a cheap defensive scheme that orlando didn't adjust to, therefore it worked and the lakers won.

TampaDude
06-07-2009, 11:02 PM
#1 No one cares about your shitty blog.

#2 Your mom probably doesn't even read it.

#3 You fail at domain names.

#4 He can't spell "possessions". :lol

dbtbandit67
06-07-2009, 11:13 PM
#4 He can't spell "possessions". :lol

hehe, my mistake. unfortunately vista doesnt have spell check everywhere. nice avatar tampa!

Kori Ellis
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't mind people pimping their own articles here, if they are actually actively participating in the forums. But to just come here and post your stuff and not contribute anything else is silly.

We get millions of page views a month, so advertising here (which doesn't exist) would be pretty expensive.

My recommendation is to put the link to your blog or website in your signature, and participate in the forum like everyone else.

-Kori