PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Lakers think they are?

SpursDynasty
06-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Simple question. Why are they acting like they're supposed to be in the Finals? What are they doing other than making shots and getting bailed out by the refs at the right time?

This Laker team does not impress me.

TheMACHINE
06-07-2009, 10:33 PM
lets look at who had more free throws.

then lets look at who has more turnovers and missed free throws

LakerHater
06-07-2009, 10:33 PM
"They are who we thought they were"!

Medvedenko
06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Good job SD....in two more laker wins, we won't see your BS posting ass again.

iggypop123
Lakers 101, Magic 96

well the lakers missed some shots they usually make so the magic had a shot but since howard is terrible they were destined to lose. good game lakers you survived an amazing lewis performance. nothing to see here

dbtbandit67
i hope they savor the moment, cause dark days are ahead when phil retires

quickerblade
06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Simple question. Why are they acting like they're supposed to be in the Finals? What are they doing other than making shots and getting bailed out by the refs at the right time?

HAHAHAHAH go fishing motherfucker

TampaDude
06-07-2009, 10:36 PM
The Lakers were just shooting some shots...

ginobili's bald spot
06-07-2009, 10:37 PM
HAHAHAHAH go fishing motherfucker

You need to stop with the gay avatars.

John Ameachi
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM

NO!!! Please don't, I love them :)

SpursDynasty
06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
The Lakers only won because they made shots. What happens if they don't make shots? Then what?

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2009, 10:42 PM
they've had a very easy road to the title, that's for sure..similar to the road we had in 2007..

quickerblade
06-07-2009, 10:44 PM

Do you have something against homosexuals? is Spurstalk anti gay??? :nope

TampaDude
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
they've had a very easy road to the title, that's for sure..similar to the road we had in 2007..

Yup...and this Finals seems like 2007, too...all too easy for the Western Conference Champion...will likely be a sweep, just like in 2007.

Banzai
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
The Lakers only won because they made shots. What happens if they don't make shots? Then what?

What happens if Orlando doesn't make shots? http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/dumbfvck.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/dumbfvck.jpg)
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/idiot.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/idiot.jpg)

iggypop123
06-07-2009, 10:48 PM

http://members.optusnet.com.au/alphawolfau/Insults/Your_a_fag.jpg
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/your-a-fag.jpg

playaslk
06-07-2009, 11:15 PM

I understand you are upset that the Spurs got jacked by the Mavs and TD is getting older (window closing) but really, why are you putting down a team that was 1 game away from the best record, had their collective backs against the wall in the semi's and the conf finals, responded and are playing reasonably well in the finals?

Stop hating, go for a walk

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I understand you are upset that the Spurs got jacked by the Mavs and TD is getting older (window closing) but really, why are you putting down a team that was 1 game away from the best record, had their collective backs against the wall in the semi's and the conf finals, responded and are playing reasonably well in the finals?

Stop hating, go for a walk

I said the Lakers had an easy road to the finals, which isn't debatable IMO..I didn't put them down..

DPG21920
06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Lakers made it hard on themselves. Utah who was spiraling out of control, the Rockets with no T-Mac then Yao going down, and the mentally frail Nuggets were a good stretch of teams to have to play. The Nuggets were playing well, but the Lakers are so good that when they play their best, no one can touch them.

quickerblade
06-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Dont get it twisted guy, lakers have this wrapped up.

HarlemHeat37
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Lakers made it hard on themselves. Utah who was spiraling out of control, the Rockets with no T-Mac then Yao going down, and the mentally frail Nuggets were a good stretch of teams to have to play. The Nuggets were playing well, but the Lakers are so good that when they play their best, no one can touch them.

Nuggets were a product of the rest of the West being extremely weak..they're the same mentally weak and low IQ team..losing 2 games because you can't inbound the ball is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen..also stupid play after stupid play down the stretch, especially from Kenyon Martin..they wouldn't be anywhere near the conference finals in most years in the West..

Utah was a good 1st round opponent, no denying that..

Houston without Yao and McGrady would be nowhere near the playoffs if they had to play that way..

if Nelson was healthy, Orlando would be a big-time opponent, even with the inexperience..they made it this far due to matchups vs. Cleveland..if Boston was healthy, they would probably be the favorites for the title..

the Spurs 2007 run was weak IMO, but it was arguably even more difficult than LA's weak run right now..

playaslk
06-07-2009, 11:36 PM
What is your point? This is the third thread you've mumble something about free throws.

The Lakers had 28 and Orlando 27 and the laker's made four more free throws. Are you saying that the Orlando Turnovers lost them the game? I think that was a bigger factor in the loss than some of the bullshit calls in the fourth quarter. Like when Kobe slipped and got a foul call. Steve Javie calls a pretty fair game overall. The Magic have nobody to blame but themselves and maybe their coach for the turnovers. I think That Van Gundy has fucked himself with his point guard situation.

I'd agree w/ that. To above posters... yes the Lakers have been inconsistent. Lamar "Snickers" Odom has been poster boy of LA inconsistency. I know he's had a back issue, but he's had this problem of not showing up for games his whole career. Yes, they made things more difficult than necessary.

If the Lakers play up to their potential game in and game out, you can make a point that they would be one of the greatest teams of all time.

Before you choke on your donuts about the above statement, LA has 1.5 hall of fame players in Bryant and Gasol (Gasol is a possibility depending on how many rings they win w/ this group). If Bynum plays like he was before the injury (i think he was avg in high teens to low 20s for a bit. If Vujachic is actually hitting his shots like last yr etc... If pigs could fly...

Thats what makes games fun... If you drew up the play where Lee had the last shot, really somewhat uncontested for a game winner, 90% of the time, he hits it. On paper, Lakers are a VERY tallented team, as are the Celtics, etc..

Why do we watch? To see people excel or choke when the money's on the table... Thats the reason i watch. That is the reason noone cares about regular season... People want to see heros and dogs. Enjoy the finals for what they are.. some of the best players on the biggest stage. (i would have bet my house on the fact that Odom and Gasol would NOT go 5/5 at the end of the game there but they did)

carrao45
06-08-2009, 12:02 AM
The Lakers think that they are future NBA champions. And i think are right

redzero
06-08-2009, 12:09 AM

That Lakers team could kick your Spurs' ass up and down the road several times. The Lakers are the best team in the NBA, whether you like them or not--and I'm not even a Lakers fan.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 12:11 AM
It was a transitional year in the West with 1 dominant team and 7 good teams. So the run to the West was "kinda' easy for the Lakers.

But Orlando is a quality Finals opponent, 60 wins, margin of victory of about 7... much better than some of the trash thats come out of the East in the past 10 years like the 06 Heat, 07 Cavs, 02/03 Nets, etc.

Lakers999
06-08-2009, 12:13 AM

i cant believe this piece of shit is still on this board.... can he do us all of favor and click that red "X" in the right hand corner

Indazone
06-08-2009, 12:14 AM
The way things are going right now, I think the Magic would have been beaten by the Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets, Portland and possibly the Jazz and the Mavericks. The Hornets were clearly out of their league.

carrao45
06-08-2009, 12:15 AM
i cant believe this piece of shit is still on this board.... can he do us all of favor and click that red "X" in the right hand corner

I used to get so annoyed with SD.
But he just gets old after a while. not funny anymore

redzero
06-08-2009, 12:20 AM
The way things are going right now, I think the Magic would have been beaten by the Lakers, Nuggets, Rockets, Portland and possibly the Jazz and the Mavericks. The Hornets were clearly out of their league.

The Hornets split with the Magic in the regular season. However, the Hornets that were in the playoffs were not the Hornets from the start of the season.