PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it..............but, Orlando is done

lebomb
06-08-2009, 07:40 AM
.........................and I HATE the Lakers. :bang

I just dont see them taking 4 out of the next 5.

CubanMustGo
06-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Putting the ball in a rookie's hands in crunch time is not the smartest coaching move ... esp. after Lee had gotten caught with the ball late in the previous possession and missed that layup, too.

pauls931
06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Putting the ball in a rookie's hands in crunch time is not the smartest coaching move ... esp. after Lee had gotten caught with the ball late in the previous possession and missed that layup, too.

pffft... smart play for .6 they got about the best shot you can expect out of that. I have no problem with that call whatsoever. Gasol did a good job rotating and caused him to bank it higher than he should of. No way they were going to let dwight get open for such a play.

BUMP
06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
i still dont understand why ppl think its over already. all Orlando has to do is win the next two at home and we are tied up. They took the Lakers to OT at Staples, so who's to say they cant win two in a row?

As a MavFan, I remember everybody on this board handed us the championship after we won the first 2 games against Miami, I thought it was over too, but if that Heat team can come back and win that series, Orlando can too.

2Cleva
06-08-2009, 09:00 AM
LA isn't Dallas. Phil isn't Avery. Kobe isn't Dirk.

No way the Lakers blows this one. They may only be going back to LA for the parade.

That's one thing I won't miss after LA gets 15. The dumbass Maverick/Laker comparison people clung to in hopes LA didn't win it all.

Blake
06-08-2009, 09:02 AM
i
As a MavFan, I remember everybody on this board handed us the championship after we won the first 2 games against Miami, I thought it was over too, but if that Heat team can come back and win that series, Orlando can too.

No they can't.

The mavs didn't have kobe.

pauls931
06-08-2009, 09:07 AM

No way the Lakers blows this one. They may only be going back to LA for the parade.

That's one thing I won't miss after LA gets 15. The dumbass Maverick/Laker comparison people clung to in hopes LA didn't win it all.

I hate agreeing with LA people. I think the only team that had a real shot at LA this year was a healthy boston. Cleveland´s one man show would have been exposed by Phil just as SVG did, but probably with more ease.

An Orlando team with a bit more experience could do the job. I think the will get at least one in Orlando, but I´m all but certain LA will win this series.

lebomb
06-08-2009, 09:10 AM

X2....................... even if Orlando drags this out to 7 games, they wont win game 7. Its over.

pauls931
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
X2....................... even if Orlando drags this out to 7 games, they wont win game 7. Its over.

Agree I notice vs teams like LA and Cle, you generally need about a 6pt lead with a minute left to get out because inevitable Kobe or Lebron will get to the line and they´ll have a role player hit a 3. I do have to give the refs credit for not calling Turk for a foul on the clean block he got on kobe(seriously, that was the cleanest block I´ve ever seen). I´m betting if LA was down, they would have blown the whistle.

2Cleva
06-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I do have to give the refs credit for not calling Turk for a foul on the clean block he got on kobe(seriously, that was the cleanest block I´ve ever seen). I´m betting if LA was down, they would have blown the whistle.

Agreed the block was clean but Lewis got Kobe on the arm while he was going up.

Refs don't and shouldn't make that call in that circumstances though.

Jacko
06-08-2009, 09:44 AM
In Game 2 you could clearly see how much experience plays a factor in championships. The Lakers played a fairly awful offensive game. If there was a game for ORL to steal it was this one. They just didn't get good production from any of their role players (Alston, Nelson, Reddick, Lee, Pietrus).

ulosturedge
06-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Orlando has a bunch of players not showing up to play. The Finals is too big for them it seems. It kind of reminds me of the Spurs/Cavs Finals except that Orlando actually has the talent to beat LA. I don't even know if there are any adjustments to be made except man up and hit some damn shots you pansies lol.

RocketsBlood
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
It aint looking to good for Orlando...

LakeShow
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Well it's not over but I have a strong feeling that this series will not return to LA. The Lakers are a very good road team, sometimes I think that they play with more intensity on the road. Orlando needs to shoot lights out to win this series and I don't see that happening.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Orlando has a bunch of players not showing up to play. The Finals is too big for them it seems. It kind of reminds me of the Spurs/Cavs Finals except that Orlando actually has the talent to beat LA. I don't even know if there are any adjustments to be made except man up and hit some damn shots you pansies lol.

This is part of the reason why jumpshooting teams typically don't go all the way. It's very hard to shoot well for 4 games straight against a quality defensive team.

Say what you want about LA's defense, but they have held the Magic to under 100 ppg twice now.

bostonguy
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
i still dont understand why ppl think its over already. all Orlando has to do is win the next two at home and we are tied up. They took the Lakers to OT at Staples, so who's to say they cant win two in a row?

:td:td Terrible comparison. Phil>>>Avery. Kobe>>>>>>>>Dirk. Orlando also doesn't have a player like D-Wade.

j.dizzle
06-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Well it's not over but I have a strong feeling that this series will not return to LA. The Lakers are a very good road team, sometimes I think that they play with more intensity on the road. Orlando needs to shoot lights out to win this series and I don't see that happening.

I always have said that I love when LA is playing on the road..Staples center crowd puts the players to sleep. When the oppnents crowd is rowdy & loud that motivates the visiting team..Too bad the crowd at staples will never be an intimidating one. They gotta do something with the music too..They need to switch it up a little bit to get the crowd more into it.

lefty
06-08-2009, 03:16 PM
it's over for Orlando

L.A is too good, there is no way, NO WAY, they choke the series away.

Kobe is an unstoppable force.

KFC is outcoaching SVG

Lakers in 5