PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what Shaq is going to do?

pauls931
06-08-2009, 08:52 AM
It looks like kobe is going to get his 4th ring. So I´m calling right now that shaq is going to demand to be traded from pho.

playaslk
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
To LA

pauls931
06-08-2009, 09:35 AM
To LA

Will he be willing to play second fiddle to Kobe? Can LA even afford him, I don´t see how they can pay for what they have right now.

2Cleva
06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Shaq ain't going to LA.

...Where does Shaq want to go? Multiple league sources, including with the Lakers, believe Shaq wants a return engagement with the Lakers. They think that’s why he has
spent this season trying to repair the damage done to his relationship with Bryant. He tried to buddy up on All-Star weekend when they were co-MVPs, but give Bryant credit: He refused to engage with Shaq on a revisionist make-believe about how it never was so toxic between them.

There’s little chance the Lakers would make a move for Shaq, and no chance Bryant would accept a return to that hell. Shaq’s rap last year about Kobe ended any chance at
reconciliation. Bryant is three games away from winning his first title without Shaq, and all he’ll want to do next season is win another – without him.

Lost in that rap was the line, “That’s like Kareem saying to himself that he’s better than me.” Well, remember this: Abdul-Jabbar averaged 22 points and eight rebounds on a
Laker championship team when he was 37 years old. When I asked him how that lyric made him feel, Abdul-Jabbar said, “The gratuitous insult? I considered the source and I slept very well that night.”

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar doesn’t need Shaq’s approval, nor his validation. Yet all Dwight Howard ever wanted was to be the next Shaquille O’Neal, and when did that become a crime for a young basketball player? Michael Jordan always had been secure enough in his legacy, his greatness, to embrace Kobe and LeBron.

So, yes, you have to wonder: Will Shaq ever be?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq2121pm6l87qVyI2jv7t.m8vLYF?slug=aw-shaqhoward060509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns