PDA

View Full Version : The Official Eat Crow About Kobe Thread

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Ok well I'm doing this ahead of time, and no this isn't supposed to be a jinx Orlando has no chance if they couldn't win last night, but for years now I've said Kobe couldn't win a ring as the best player on his team, and I was wrong. Plain and simple. I'd also like to thank most of the Laker fans here for what is way better behavior than the Laker fans on the Suns forum I post at. Yeah sure it's not perfect but it's way better than repeating stuff about the Suns lack of championships I already know.

ginobili's bald spot
06-08-2009, 11:03 AM
You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. :toast

KSeal
06-08-2009, 11:09 AM
99% of the Kobe haters won't man up. They'll just find every possible way to discredit him for doing what they said he'd never do.

dirk4mvp
06-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I like Kobe, and in an alternate universe where his fans didnt' lick his nuts on every opportunity, he'd be one of my favorites.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I like Kobe, and in an alternate universe where his fans didnt' lick his nuts on every opportunity, he'd be one of my favorites.

Agreed.

Allanon
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
for years now I've said Kobe couldn't win a ring as the best player on his team, and I was wrong. Plain and simple.

Good stuff man.

Alot of people can't get past their hate to realize the skill of Kobe. We're watching one of the best players of our generation.

It's ok if you hate Kobe or the Lakers or Lakers fans, just watch him for the awesomeness of basketball, we probably won't see another dynamic player like Kobe in our generation.

ginobili's bald spot
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey homo, WHO IS IN YOUR SIG.

Settle down kid. I know you are anxiously awaiting with your little cock in hand but I already answered in the special thread you made. Stalker.

dirk4mvp
06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Good stuff man.

Alot of people can't get past their hate to realize the skill of Kobe. We're watching one of the best players of our generation.

It's ok if you hate Kobe or the Lakers or Lakers fans, just watch him for the awesomeness of basketball, we probably won't see another dynamic player like Kobe in our generation.

Did you think Kobe reached his maximum potential when he was 19 like Anthony Randolph?

sonic21
06-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Props to kobe, he really impressed me against the nuggets :tu

I don't hate Kobe though, I hate how the media overrates players.
You don't have to "hate" Kobe to realize that he's not even close to worthy of being considered a top 6-7 player all time like they are proclaiming and doing so with a straight face.

Allanon
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Did you think Kobe reached his maximum potential when he was 19 like Anthony Randolph?

No I didn't, but he showed his flashes of brilliance.

Anthony Randolph I think is a solid player but not headed for stardom. He's a roleplayer right now and I think that's where he'll stay.

Who knows, a couple of years now, maybe I'll be writing an Eat Crow thread just like this one, but I don't think so.

LakeShow
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok well I'm doing this ahead of time, and no this isn't supposed to be a jinx Orlando has no chance if they couldn't win last night, but for years now I've said Kobe couldn't win a ring as the best player on his team, and I was wrong. Plain and simple. I'd also like to thank most of the Laker fans here for what is way better behavior than the Laker fans on the Suns forum I post at. Yeah sure it's not perfect but it's way better than repeating stuff about the Suns lack of championships I already know.

:toast

diego
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
gasol > kobe :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
gasol > kobe :lol

Don't be stupid.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Arse kissing thread.

ginobili's bald spot
06-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Arse kissing thread.

Insecure Spurfan post.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
That makes no sense. How many times do I have to say the Lakers have the best team and they are a lock to win?

What else do you want people to say? There was already a thread dedicated to congratulating the Lakers winning from Spurs fans. What more do Laker fans at ST want?

dirk4mvp
06-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Their own subforum. But those faggots aren't getting one before we do.

pauls931
06-08-2009, 12:03 PM
That makes no sense. How many times do I have to say the Lakers have the best team and they are a lock to win?

What else do you want people to say? There was already a thread dedicated to congratulating the Lakers winning from Spurs fans. What more do Laker fans at ST want?

They want the site renamed to LakersTalk.com

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
99% of the Kobe haters won't man up. They'll just find every possible way to discredit him for doing what they said he'd never do.

Most people enjoy Kobe the basketball player (except for these new KG faces and antics recently), it is his fans that annoy the crap out of people. Everyone knows how great of a player he is, they do not need fans who know very little about the game always repeating it.

I do not like Kobe the person, but the player I respect. Insecure Kobe fans are the ones that go overboard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes I'm sucking up to Laker fans on a Spurs site, wtf?

LnGrrrR
06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I hate Kobe, but only because he's not on the Celtics. (Actually, I'd hate him if he came to the Celtics NOW... but would've loved him if he came to us early in his career.)

There's not many players I dislike. Pau Gasol sometimes, because he can pansy out, but the same can be said of KG and his refusal to post-up at times.

ginobili's bald spot
06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
There's not many players I dislike. Pau Gasol sometimes, because he can pansy out,

You should love him for that. It helped you get another one of these :lobt2:

JoeTait75
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM

21_Blessings
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Most people enjoy Kobe the basketball player (except for these new KG faces and antics recently), it is his fans that annoy the crap out of people. Everyone knows how great of a player he is, they do not need fans who know very little about the game always repeating it.

I do not like Kobe the person, but the player I respect. Insecure Kobe fans are the ones that go overboard.

Insecure, irrational Kobe haters that are threatened by his success are worse. Imagine if Kobe wins his 5th next year, they'll have meltdowns of epic proportions.

JoeTait75
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey homo, WHO IS IN YOUR SIG.

You're fucking creepy, dude.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
You're fucking creepy, dude.

Seriously. He started a thread about it and was freaking out about not knowing.

mytespurs
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Just as I don't understand the LeBron bashing; I don't get the Kobe bashing by some here. Kobe is a great player but he's not superman-he can't do it alone.. TEAMS win championships.the Lakers front office made good trades/deals to surround Kobe with quality starters and role players and that's one reason they are in this position today.

I would say the same for LeBron; this guy is a talent (ps bashers....it's okay to have more than one superstar to rave about; the league is big enough for all)-surround him with appropriate talent and let's see where it goes from there.

Oh, Gee!!
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I like Kobe's game, I just hate him for kicking our asses so many times in the past.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Why would you make the initial statement anyway.

In a league where Chauncy Billups and Dirk Nowitzki have been the best player on a championship team, certainly Kobe can be the best player on a championship team.

1Parker1
06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Come back to me and tell me Kobe would win a championship with this team with a Oberto or Kurt Thomas caliber player instead of Pao Gasol and I'll get back to you. :rolleyes

Allanon
06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Come back to me and tell me Kobe would win a championship with this team with a Oberto or Kurt Thomas caliber player instead of Pao Gasol and I'll get back to you. :rolleyes

Kobe couldn't do it with Oberto or KT but if you gave him another star like Tony Parker, I think he could.

Or if the Lakers hadn't traded away Marc Gasol for Pau, I think Marc Gasol/Bynum/Odom would have been enough.

21_Blessings
06-08-2009, 01:32 PM

Duncan had Tony Parker and he couldn't even sniff the 2nd round. :lol

kamikazi_player
06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Lets put a fucking asterick on the Lakers championship if they do win.
-No KG
-No Yao, T-Mac, or Deke
-No Ginobili
-Jameer Nelson not 100%
:lol

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
If Kobe wins, I'm personally going to rub it into EVERYONE'S face just about every single day the way haters did to Laker fans.

I plan on making the biggest ownage thread ever. Just collecting quotes from all of the haters over the last couple of months. Gonna be funny as shit.

mytespurs
06-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Duncan had Tony Parker and he couldn't even sniff the 2nd round. :lol

Spurs didn't have a healthy Ginobili, gimpy Duncan and their role players either weren't as good or didn't produce when needed. Bottom line = Spurs didn't play well enough to win their series so let's not turn this into another bashing thread (my team is better than yours) 'cause your team is top dog right now-end of discussion.

there are probably a variety of factors that come into play that makes a team a champion. Maybe it's something simple as everyone and everything gelling at the right time. :)

mytespurs
06-08-2009, 01:45 PM
If Kobe wins, I'm personally going to rub it into EVERYONE'S face just about every single day the way haters did to Laker fans.

I plan on making the biggest ownage thread ever. Just collecting quotes from all of the haters over the last couple of months. Gonna be funny as shit.

Why? What's the point? Kobe haters will always find something to hate; that will never change. It goes nowhere and eventually no one will care.

Be happy for your team and enjoy that championship for the year. :king

Allanon
06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
-No KG
-No Yao, T-Mac, or Deke
-No Ginobili
-Jameer Nelson not 100%

KG wouldn't have made a difference. Without Posey, the Celtics didn't have a chance against the Lakers. Lakers added both Bynum and Ariza this year.

Ginobili wouldn't have made the difference either because he's a backcourt guy. Bonner/KT/Fabricio would have gotten eaten up by either Pau or Odom. If the Spurs want to get back into contention, they gotta do something about the Center/PF spot (whichever one Duncan doesn't play).

Yao/TMac/Deke, that would have made a difference
Jameer at 100% would also have changed the complexion of the series

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Kobe couldn't do it with Oberto or KT but if you gave him another star like Tony Parker, I think he could.

Or if the Lakers hadn't traded away Marc Gasol for Pau, I think Marc Gasol/Bynum/Odom would have been enough.

Uhhh no

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Why? What's the point? Kobe haters will always find something to hate; that will never change. It goes nowhere and eventually no one will care.

Be happy for your team and enjoy that championship for the year. :king

No. I want to personally rub it in everyone's face who said for years that he couldn't do it by himself. Make them eat their deserved crow.

JoeTait75
06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
No. I want to personally rub it in everyone's face who said for years that he couldn't do it by himself. Make them eat their deserved crow.

He isn't doing it by himself, Gregory. No one ever does.

Gino
06-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Um..i dont remember anyone ever claiming that Kobe wasnt good enough to win a ring.

I dont believe that a Kobe team could beat a team where they didnt have an overwhelming advantage in talent. Even then, Kobe's attitude and poor decision making puts the Lakers at a disadvantage. Just look at how they fold when they play a team with more or "evenly matched" talent (Boston, Phoenix in 07 and Phoenix in 06). They fold like a tortilla.

Kobe does a poor job of building camraderie because he makes the entire game about himself. If Kobe ever sent me one of those signature snarls because I didnt do exactly what he was thinking, I'd bust his goofy face up. The Lakers did a good job of surrounding Kobe with passive, obedient teammates.

Gino
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM

This is the stereotypical Kobe fan.

Kobe's doing it himself, huh? Funny, I thought Lamar Odom and Gasol had more to do with the Lakers 2-0 lead than the Kobe-ster.

Gino
06-08-2009, 02:32 PM
KG wouldn't have made a difference. Without Posey, the Celtics didn't have a chance against the Lakers. Lakers added both Bynum and Ariza this year.
Ginobili wouldn't have made the difference either because he's a backcourt guy. Bonner/KT/Fabricio would have gotten eaten up by either Pau or Odom. If the Spurs want to get back into contention, they gotta do something about the Center/PF spot (whichever one Duncan doesn't play).

Yao/TMac/Deke, that would have made a difference
Jameer at 100% would also have changed the complexion of the series

Bynum? Are you freaking kidding me?

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Should we make a collection of all your dumb posts and threads? It would be 10x worse than any thread you could make using all other posters combined.

mytespurs
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM

He's not doing it by himself. If that were the case, he'd have more rings than MJ at this point. Post 2004, Kobe wasn't within a whiff of the playoffs, conference finals or championships until a coupe of years ago when the Lakers started added the pieces to build a championship team around their superstar.

You may try but the haters won't eat the crow so why bother? I would just enjoy that my team has won a championship; that's all that needs to be said...haters can't change that fact.

Gino
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I think the criticism with Kobe was that he couldnt do it on his own. He couldnt put a team on his shoulders and carry them to a championship the way Jordan could.

Kobe certainly isnt doing it on his own. In fact, I think the Lakers have gotten this far in spite of Kobe's poor decision making and crappy attitude.

Kudos to Lamar and Gasol. THEYVE carried this team so far in the finals.

mytespurs
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I think the criticism with Kobe was that he couldnt do it on his own. He couldnt put a team on his shoulders and carry them to a championship the way Jordan could.

Kobe certainly isnt doing it on his own. In fact, I think the Lakers have gotten this far in spite of Kobe's poor decision making and crappy attitude.

Come now......I'm not a Lakers fan but I will certainly give Kobe props because in a couple of games these playoffs he has had to put the team on his back and eventually his teammates came through.

21_Blessings
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Jordan wouldn't have won without Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman and Kukoc. Paxson and Kerr hit HUGE shot in the finals/playoffs multiple times. Oh by the way, Pippen/Rodman >>>>>>>>>>> Gasol/Odom.

Jordan never did it on his own, neither has any superstar in the history of the NBA. And the second sentence just makes you sound stupid.

MiamiHeat
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I am one of the biggest anti-Kobe people on this site

and I NEVER said Kobe will never win a ring.

As soon as the Lakers got the Pau Gasol cheat trade, and then tampered with Derek Fisher, I KNEW it was over. The Lakers are too stacked to lose.

In 2008, the Celtics were the underdogs. The Lakers were supposed to win, but got spanked and Kobe humiliated.

In 2009, The Spurs and Celtics were not healthy, the only 2 teams I believed could take down the Lakers, if healthy.

So I fully expected this to happen. I don't know what the OP is talking about.

If the Spurs were fully healthy, I believe they would have taken down the Lakers. but Manu Ginobili is a faggot who shat all over the Spurs by playing in the Olympics while injured.

MiamiHeat
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
The best thing to happen to the Lakers is Kevin Garnett getting injured

21_Blessings
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
The best thing to happen to the Lakers is Kevin Garnett getting injured

The best thing to happen to the Celtics was Bynum and Ariza getting injured last year. They got stomped when faced against a HEALTHY Lakers team.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Losing in the final minutes = getting "stomped" :lol

bostonguy
06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Props to Kobe and his teamates. That 39 point defeat in last years game 6 may have been the best thing to have happened to this team. That has been their motivation all year and they keep it fresh in their mind especially after each victory that brings them closer to title #15. The Lakers grew some serious nuts this year and I am impressed.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Oh this is priceless.

Now the Kobe haters are ONCE AGAIN changing the parameters of their argument. First it was Kobe couldn't win without Shaq, now it's Kobe can't win without Gasol.

PRICELESS. You all have absolutely no shame and are oblivious to the truth you will no longer be able to deny.

Kobe Bryant is an incredible player, great teammate, and a leader capable of taking HIS team all the way to the top. Make no mistake, this is NOT Gasol's team, Odom's team, Bynum's team, or Phil's team. This is KOBE'S team. And he has been the leader the whole way through.

Give the man his motherfucking props.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Props to Kobe and his teamates. That 39 point defeat in last years game 6 may have been the best thing to have happened to this team. That has been their motivation all year and they keep it fresh in their mind especially after each victory that brings them closer to title #15. The Lakers grew some serious nuts this year and I am impressed.

You have always been a classy Boston fan, unlike your counterpart Gino who is probably a Mavs fan in all likelihood.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Cool thread DoK.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh this is priceless.

Now the Kobe haters are ONCE AGAIN changing the parameters of their argument. First it was Kobe couldn't win without Shaq, now it's Kobe can't win without Gasol.

PRICELESS. You all have absolutely no shame and are oblivious to the truth you will no longer be able to deny.

Kobe Bryant is an incredible player, great teammate, and a leader capable of taking HIS team all the way to the top. Make no mistake, this is NOT Gasol's team, Odom's team, Bynum's team, or Phil's team. This is KOBE'S team. And he has been the leader the whole way through.

Give the man his motherfucking props.

I would agree that it was definitely said that Kobe cant win without Shaq. And that was true. Take Shaq off that team and they were nothing. They couldnt even make the playoffs. Just shows how crappy those role players were and how good Shaq made them look.

Kobe doesnt do that. You have to surround him with the best supporting cast in the league and hope he doesnt screw it up (like he did last year).

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I would agree that it was definitely said that Kobe cant win without Shaq. And that was true. Take Shaq off that team and they were nothing. They couldnt even make the playoffs. Just shows how crappy those role players were and how good Shaq made them look.

Kobe doesnt do that. You have to surround him with the best supporting cast in the league and hope he doesnt screw it up (like he did last year).

To be fair, that 2005 team had practially no one from 2000-2004. The Lakers were slotted in the 8th spot before Kobe got hurt.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
You have always been a classy Boston fan, unlike your counterpart Gino who is probably a Mavs fan in all likelihood.

I dont think you have room to letcure anyone on being classy.

crc21209
06-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Let's face it...Kobe was nothing with the Lakers before they were handed Gasol on a silver platter. And as sad as the National Media wants to hype up guards like Kobe, Wade, etc...the league is STILL a big man's game plain and simple. Without a post-presence, a team isnt going to win jack shit. Going all the way back to 1999.

'99- Duncan & Robinson
00' thru 02'- Shaq
03'-Duncan & Robinson
04'- The Wallaces
05'- Duncan
06'- Shaq
07'- Duncan
08'- Garnett
09'- Either Gasol or Howard

Bottomline is, before Gasol arrived in L.A the "big man" in L.A. was Kwame fucking Brown and Chris Mihm. Now you know why Kobe didnt win shit with those guys. Now that Gasol is there, it completes Kobe. So I can't believe I'm saying this but dont just bash Kobe, bash everyone if they didnt have a big man. Tony and Manu wouldnt be the same without Tim. Wade wouldnt have won it without Shaq. The Pistons wouldnt have won it without the Wallaces. Kobe wouldnt have won it without Shaq. And now Kobe has another big man alongside him, Pau Gasol...who without him, might not have enough to win it.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:12 PM
To be fair, that 2005 team had practially no one from 2000-2004. The Lakers were slotted in the 8th spot before Kobe got hurt.

And the next year? And the next year?

daslicer
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM

Gasol has surprised me at times the way he has come out in pressure situations but Lamar and espescially Ariza is to me is what I call contract bitches. They are out there playing for money as soon as they get paid they will mail it in for the next several years.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
And the next year? And the next year?

You said they weren't making the playoffs with Kobe playing.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Gasol has surprised me at times the way he has come out in pressure situations but Lamar and espescially Ariza is to me is what I call contract bitches. They are out there playing for money as soon as they get paid they will mail it in for the next several years.

Well the Lakers will probably only be able to keep one so the Lakers better enjoy this season because thats gonna be it if they cant keep Odom.

Kobe and Gasol arent enough to win a championship and Bynum cant decide whether he's bust or not.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? You just opened your mouth and stuck both feet in.

There were practically no role players from the '00 championship teams that were left when Shaq departed outside of the rookie Luke Walton. If you're trying to compare the role players Kobe and Shaq had during their championship run with the role players Kobe had the next 3 seasons after Shaq left you are even dumber than I thought.

Rick Fox
Robert Horry,
Derek Fisher,
Ron Harper,
Brian Shaw,
Horace Grant,
Glen Rice,
Karl Malone,
Gary Payton

The '00-'04 Laker teams had some of the best and most underrated supporting casts ever. You can't ask for a better group of grizzled vets to surround your superstars with. There is a reason why the '01 team went fucking 15-1 in the playoffs and why the Lakers were able to rattle off 3 straight championships. Without Fisher, Horry, and Fox the Lakers simply don't win 3 straight championships.

You're seriously trying to compare the group I described above with this:

Kwame Brown,
Smush Parker,
Brian Grant,
Chucky Atkins,
Luke Walton

When you surround Kobe with talent he produces. The two years he's had a quality supporting cast he's gotten to the Finals twice and is on the cusp of winning a championship.

Just save us the bullshit and say what we all know is true.

You are a hater.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
You said they weren't making the playoffs with Kobe playing.

Um...the Lakers were out of the playoffs when Kobe went down at the tail end of 2005. I remember quite clearly.

pauls931
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Please let pho do well so there can be an eat crow about Nash thread next year...

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Um...the Lakers were out of the playoffs when Kobe went down at the tail end of 2005. I remember quite clearly.

You give Kobe the role players that existed on the '00 to '04 championship teams and he's most definitely making the playoffs.

He's only missed the playoffs once in his career. He's been to the Finals in 6/12 seasons. He will have 4 championship rings if the Lakers win this season, tying Duncan and Shaq. You can TRY and discredit him all you want, but at the end of the day results are all that matters.

Kobe is a great player, great teammate, and great leader. And he will have the HW to prove it. And there is NOTHING you can say to deny that.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? You just opened your mouth and stuck both feet in.

There were practically no role players from the '00 championship teams that were left when Shaq departed outside of the rookie Luke Walton. If you're trying to compare the role players Kobe and Shaq had during their championship run with the role players Kobe had the next 3 seasons after Shaq left you are even dumber than I thought.

Rick Fox
Robert Horry,
Derek Fisher,
Ron Harper,
Brian Shaw,
Horace Grant,
Glen Rice,
Karl Malone,
Gary Payton

The '00-'04 Laker teams had some of the best and most underrated supporting casts ever. You can't ask for a better group of grizzled vets to surround your superstars with. There is a reason why the '01 team went fucking 15-1 in the playoffs and why the Lakers were able to rattle off 3 straight championships. Without Fisher, Horry, and Fox the Lakers simply don't win 3 straight championships.

You're seriously trying to compare the group I described above with this:

Kwame Brown,
Smush Parker,
Brian Grant,
Chucky Atkins,
Luke Walton

When you surround Kobe with talent he produces. The two years he's had a quality supporting cast he's gotten to the Finals twice and is on the cusp of winning a championship.

Just save us the bullshit and say what we all know is true.

You are a hater.

What a fucking douche bag you are. Becasue Lamar Odom wasnt on the team in 2005? Why include him when that just DESTROYS your argument, huh? Not to mention you include Gary Payton and Karl Malone even though

THEY DIDNT WIN A SINGLE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP WITH MALONE AND PAYTON YOU IDIOT!!!

2002 Lakers championship roster:

Kobe Bryant, Joseph Crispin, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Devean George, Horry, Lindsey Hunter, Mak Madsen, Mdevendenko, Oneal, Penberthy, Mitch Richmond, Brian Shaw, Samaki Walker.

Now, compare that to their 04-05 team:

Chuck Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Brain Cook, Devean George, Brian Grant, Jumain Jones, Medvedenko, Chris Mihm, Kareem Rush, Luke Walton, Vujacic and your favorite and mine, Lamar Odom.

Looks like the same type of players to me. The main difference is one has Shaq and the other doesnt. You put Shaq on that Lakers 2005 team and take away Kobe and no doubt they at least make the playoffs. :lol

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
What a fucking douche bag you are. Becasue Lamar Odom wasnt on the team in 2005? Why include him when that just DESTROYS your argument, huh? Not to mention you include Gary Payton and Karl Malone even though

THEY DIDNT WIN A SINGLE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP WITH MALONE AND PAYTON YOU IDIOT!!!

2002 Lakers championship roster:

Kobe Bryant, Joseph Crispin, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Devean George, Horry, Lindsey Hunter, Mak Madsen, Mdevendenko, Oneal, Penberthy, Mitch Richmond, Brian Shaw, Samaki Walker.

Now, compare that to their 04-05 team:

Chuck Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Brain Cook, Devean George, Brian Grant, Jumain Jones, Medvedenko, Chris Mihm, Kareem Rush, Luke Walton, Vujacic and your favorite and mine, Lamar Odom.

Looks like the same type of players to me. The main difference is one has Shaq and the other doesnt. You put Shaq on that Lakers 2005 team and take away Kobe and no doubt they at least make the playoffs. :lol

:lmao

Classic. Boston fans are even dumber than I thought.

Gino
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
:lmao

Classic. Boston fans are even dumber than I thought.

:rolleyes

Yeah, cuz a team with Shaquille Oneal and Lamar Odom and Caron Butler couldnt make the playoffs.

The only thing that Kobe has proven is that he's still an un-desirable teammate who needs a huge talent discrepancy in his favor in order to beat anyone (and even then its risky...just ask Houston :lol).

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Kobe's supporting cast is really good this year but it's not as if there's 15-20 players who could lead this team to a title.

Kobe, Lebron, Wade... maybe 2-3 more players? maybe?

Kobe is the straw that stirs the drink.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 06:04 PM

Yeah, cuz a team with Shaquille Oneal and Lamar Odom and Caron Butler couldnt make the playoffs.

The only thing that Kobe has proven is that he's still an un-desirable teammate who needs a huge talent discrepancy in his favor in order to beat anyone (and even then its risky...just ask Houston :lol).

:lmao you just keep saying one dumb thing after another. You have to be a Mav troll, nobody is this stupid.

Gino
06-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Kobe's supporting cast is really good this year but it's not as if there's 15-20 players who could lead this team to a title.

Kobe, Lebron, Wade... maybe 2-3 more players? maybe?

Kobe is the straw that stirs the drink.

Okay, take Kobe off a team of Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Ariza, Fisher etc. and replace with:

1) Paul Pierce
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Hell...even JOE JOHNSON would probably be able to take that much talent to the Finals!!
4) LeBron
5) Wade
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitski
8) Steve Nash
9) Chris Paul
10) Deron Williams

Serious...take Kobe off the team and put any of those guys on and tell me it wouldnt be an awesome team.

Thats just off the top of my head.

Gino
06-08-2009, 06:10 PM
:lmao you just keep saying one dumb thing after another. You have to be a Mav troll, nobody is this stupid.

Ah yes, the proverbial ad hominem arguement. Educate yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Would still be a good team but would it still be a title tema in the case of some of those players? not sure except in the case of D-Whistle (who has 0 rings) and Lebron.

Also, it's difficult to speculate if you swap Kobe w/ Dirk/Duncan/KG because that would create a logjam in the frontcourt

dirk4mvp
06-08-2009, 06:19 PM
The Lakers without Kobe would easily make the playoffs. Of course anyone off that list (except Johnson and Nash) would make the Finals.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Okay, take Kobe off a team of Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Ariza, Fisher etc. and replace with:

1) Paul Pierce
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Hell...even JOE JOHNSON would probably be able to take that much talent to the Finals!!
4) LeBron
5) Wade
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitski
8) Steve Nash
9) Chris Paul
10) Deron Williams

Serious...take Kobe off the team and put any of those guys on and tell me it wouldnt be an awesome team.

We get it. You're a Mav troll disguised as a Celtic fan trying to stir the pot. Nobody in their right mind actually believes this shit. Next.

Muser
06-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I've always said that you can't say stuff like "Kobe needed Shaq" until after his career is done. It just makes you all look retarded when he does it, which most likely is this year.

KSeal
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM

1) Paul Pierce
2) Kevin Garnett
4) LeBron
5) Wade
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitski
8) Steve Nash
9) Chris Paul
10) Deron Williams

I love how when you're arguing against the Lakers as a team, you talk shit about Bynum and laugh when people bring him up (in relation to how if the Lakers had him last year they would have beaten Boston) yet when you're trying to make your point against how much help Kobe has all of a sudden you act like Bynum is actually contributing a damn thing this post season even though he's been horrible. And you mention Fisher, I'll admit he played good last night but SERIOUSLY, FISHER!! He has been horrible this entire post season, shooting like 28% right along with Vujacic and everyone else off the bench for LA except maybe Luke fucking Walton. I'm not trying to say Kobe doesn't have talent cause he does, but talent doesn't back up this argument that Kobe has all the help in the world when in reality the rest of the guys have been quite inconsistent this entire post season especially Bynum, don't even mention him, he sucks ass right now. Gasol is great, Lamar has been playing amazing the last four games or so but was HORRIBLE the four games before that, and Ariza has been playing well, only really consistent on D but still has hit some big shots, but after that there seriously isn't a whole lot of guys actually contributing to this run to the championship this year.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Notice how it is not me arguing, Laker fans are the common denominator, not me.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Shaq needed Kobe more than Kobe needed Shaq anyway.

Kobe's on the verge of his 4th ring.

Shaq has not won a ring since departing from Miami.

kamikazi_player
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Shaq needed Kobe more than Kobe needed Shaq anyway.

Kobe's on the verge of his 4th ring.

Shaq has not won a ring since departing from Miami.
O rly? Other than that statement and that stupid last sentence, I congrat Kobe if he gets a ring this year and this is coming from one of the biggest Kobe haters.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Shaq was not the main man in Miami anyways. Wade was. Hell Alonzo Mourning had a hell of a lot more to do with the Final's victory than Shaq did.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Last sentence isn't stupid, Shaq hasnt' won a ring since leaving LA.

The Heat lost the '06 Finals to any objective observer and Shaq's biggest accolade in that series was historically bad FT shooting.

Gino
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Only Wade and Lebron, maybe Dirk, and thats stretching it. Nash had more talent than Kobes Lakers. Joe Johnson couldnt even win a single game against the Cavs. Duncan is DONE!!!

You should stop with all this stupidity.

Cuz Paul Pierce couldnt carry a Gasol and Odom team to the finals?

Or Chris Paul? Or Kevin Garnett? Joe Johnson couldnt win a single game against the Cavs but he doesnt have anyone as talented as Gasol or Odom on his team, does he?

I didnt see Kobe winning the game for the Lakers last night. I saw his teammates winning in spite of his stupid decision making and ego-centric nature.

Gino
06-08-2009, 06:46 PM
How bout a few more?

Amare Stoudemire? Amare, Gasol and Odom with Bynum off the bench! Could Orlando seriously compete with that?

Carmelo Anthony? Hard to believe that anyone could top a team of Gasol, Odom and Carmelo Anthony.

Ive always been a big Odom fan and Im telling you if LA doesnt re-sign him they are DONE.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Pierce is a fat fuck who couldn't do jack shit until he was surrounded by 2 HOF players.

The only team that is DONE is Boston. KG's knees are broken, Pierce is fat and lazy, and Ray Allen is on his last legs. They also have no bench whatsoever.

Gino
06-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Pierce is a fat fuck who couldn't do jack shit until he was surrounded by 2 HOF players.

The only team that is DONE is Boston. KG's knees are broken, Pierce is fat and lazy, and Ray Allen is on his last legs. They also have no bench whatsoever.

Sour grapes, huh?

Cant say Im that surprised. He did make Kobe his little bitch. :lol

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Sour grapes, huh?

Cant say Im that surprised. He did make Kobe his little bitch. :lol

How are the fish?

You really think the Celtics could have taken out the Cavs without HCA? They barely scraped by last season WITH HCA against a far inferior Cavs team. The Cavs would have gangraped the Celtics this season.

Clutch City 01
06-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Kobe is the best player in the NBA without a doubt in my mind, but he's a classless jerk in the playoffs typically my boys battier& Artest :bang

z0sa
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao
really?
eat crow?

every, and I mean every, knowledgable NBA buff will never refer to this as "The Year of Kobe" or anything like that.

This shall be 2009*, year of the injuries to every contender but LA. Even then, LA was pushed to the brink by a D-League HOU team and nearly by an injured nolo contendre in Denver.

But, I digress. Let the dumbasses celebrate their second tainted title this decade.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Notice how it is not me arguing, Laker fans are the common denominator, not me.

Stop arguing, cock sucker.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
If you wanna put an asterisk to a title due to injuries

then 08 Celtics too, no Bynum/Ariza

And 07 Spurs, Amare suspension :D

And 06 Mavs, No Amare for Suns

And 05 Spurs, fractured orbital bone for JJ

And 04 Pistons, Indiana was beaten up by injuries, Karl Malone, etc

And 03 Spurs, no Dirk

etc, etc... etc

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Stop arguing, cock sucker.

I have seen your picture. I know what you look like. I will find you and argue you into the mothaf*ing ground.

cobbler
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Have you ever met him? Even talked to him briefly on the phone? Any contact what-so-ever other than what you have heard or seen in the media?

cobbler
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Was going to post on tall he moronic comments by Gino in the thread then realized, I dont have 3 hours to waste.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Have you ever met him? Even talked to him briefly on the phone? Any contact what-so-ever other than what you have heard or seen in the media?

Do you think Charles Manson is a great human?

cobbler
06-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Do you think Charles Manson is a great human?

Now come on. Could you have made yourself look any more stupid?

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Now come on. Could you have made yourself look any more stupid?

Answer the question. Simple yes or no.

cobbler
06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Great human? No. He is a convicted mass murderer.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Point is not to compare Charles Manson to Kobe, but to show you that your line of reasoning is bogus. Just because you do not know someone, have not spoken with them does not mean you cannot form an opinion about who they are.

Did Kobe cheat on his wife and was he accused of rape? Did his current coach write about him being a bad person in his book? Did he throw Bynum under the bus on a humiliating video that got leaked? Did his wife, in his home get sued for being abusive to the help?

Yes, I do not like Kobe the person even though I have not met him.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Feel free to worship him. Because being good at basketball means you are great at life.

cobbler
06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Feel free to worship him. Because being good at basketball means you are great at life.

This is where morons like you look foolish. Just because some of us are fans of Kobe the basketball player does not mean we are fans of everthing Kobe has said or done on the floor or off.

We keep hearing, oh we like Kobe the player, its all the Kobe fans that make us hate him. Or its his cocky attitude. Or its his selfishness. etc etc. Many fans like myself stick up for him on a basketball level because so many haters begin the threads or posts with their personal dislikes and look past the basketball prowess.

I dont worship any sports star and most certainly am not going to take life directions by trying to emulate any of them. They are friggen spoiled sports brats. Get real.

When the Shaq/Kobe fued raged I sided with Kobe simply because he worked harder. Year in and year out he improved his game and came to camp with something new added to the arsenal. Shaq simply coasted on his size. When he dissed Bynum in the video I was one of the first to say trade him. He came back, led by example and thats a thing of the past. If Drew can put it behind him, so can I. As for the court stuff, I firmly believe he did nothing more than cheat on his wife. I am in no way condoning adultry, but come on, I don't think thats a short list in the NBA. Do you? So has Kobe done some stupid things off the court? Yes. Has he done some great things off the court? Yes. Do I know Kobe the person? NO, and neither do you.

I don't whatch sports to find role models. I don't watch sports to become a fanatic about someones "person". I watch to see the atheletic competition and skills.

...with all that said, for you to toss up Charles Manson to make your point only goes to show you the absurdity that always rears it's head when Kobe haters hate.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
This is where morons like you look foolish. Just because some of us are fans of Kobe the basketball player does not mean we are fans of everthing Kobe has said or done on the floor or off.

We keep hearing, oh we like Kobe the player, its all the Kobe fans that make us hate him. Or its his cocky attitude. Or its his selfishness. etc etc. Many fans like myself stick up for him on a basketball level because so many haters begin the threads or posts with their personal dislikes and look past the basketball prowess.

I dont worship any sports star and most certainly am not going to take life directions by trying to emulate any of them. They are friggen spoiled sports brats. Get real.

When the Shaq/Kobe fued raged I sided with Kobe simply because he worked harder. Year in and year out he improved his game and came to camp with something new added to the arsenal. Shaq simply coasted on his size. When he dissed Bynum in the video I was one of the first to say trade him. He came back, led by example and thats a thing of the past. If Drew can put it behind him, so can I. As for the court stuff, I firmly believe he did nothing more than cheat on his wife. I am in no way condoning adultry, but come on, I don't think thats a short list in the NBA. Do you? So has Kobe done some stupid things off the court? Yes. Has he done some great things off the court? Yes. Do I know Kobe the person? NO, and neither do you.

I don't whatch sports to find role models. I don't watch sports to become a fanatic about someones "person". I watch to see the atheletic competition and skills.

...with all that said, for you to toss up Charles Manson to make your point only goes to show you the absurdity that always rears it's head when Kobe haters hate.

Stupid post. I said the same thing you said in the first underlined passage and you got all cry baby about it. I said I appreciate Kobe the player and I am not a fan of him off the court.

How is that hate? I am not looking for role models, but I don't have to like an adulterer and known jack ass off the court. Why do you care? You look like a moron for trying to come at me with that weak ass argument "do you know him" that could easily be disproved like I did with the Manson analogy.

You are a Kobe apologist ("it is in the past, right? isn't that minor compared to other stars...") and for someone who does not care about off the court issues, you sure go a long way to defend Kobe for all of them.

Deal with it, he sucks as a person. Many people do not like him and you do not care, so move on.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM

No, you are defending him on a personal level. The only thing you quoted of my post was the personal part and you ignored the basketball part.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
GEHfAwW8Ilk

cobbler
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Stupid post. I said the same thing you said in the first underlined passage and you got all cry baby about it. I said I appreciate Kobe the player and I am not a fan of him off the court.

How is that hate? I am not looking for role models, but I don't have to like an adulterer and known jack ass off the court. Why do you care? You look like a moron for trying to come at me with that weak ass argument "do you know him" that could easily be disproved like I did with the Manson analogy.

You are a Kobe apologist ("it is in the past, right? isn't that minor compared to other stars...") and for someone who does not care about off the court issues, you sure go a long way to defend Kobe for all of them.

Deal with it, he sucks as a person. Many people do not like him and you do not care, so move on.

So let me get this straight. You believe that what you see in the media about Kobe and/or any other player... is an accurate representation of the "person"?

Really?

Your analogy is flawed. Manson was CONVICTED of mass murder. Kobe was accused and aquitted of rape. In either case, neither of us KNOWS the person. So, in essence, you are basing the majority of your hatred towards Kobe based on his adultry? Wow, you must not like many players.

Not quite sure how I defended anything.

Talking about trading Drew off the record to a couple guys in a parking lot? Ouuuuuuch. Satan like! :lmao

And you know what, Kobe just may suck as a person. I really don't know as I don't know the person. I am certainly not going to be a big sheep and let the media decide for me and until i do know the "person", I can only comment on Kobe the player, and he's one of the best of all time.

cobbler
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
No, you are defending him on a personal level. The only thing you quoted of my post was the personal part and you ignored the basketball part.

It was a simple question. Do you know him personally? You do not and answered so. So I guess in your world it's acceptable to state you don't like someone as a person even though you don't know them personally. In mine, it's a contradiction. Each to his own I guess.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:58 PM
So let me get this straight. You believe that what you see in the media about Kobe and/or any other player... is an accurate representation of the "person"?

Really?

Where did I say any of this? It is not like the media is saying stuff that is untrue. He did commit adultery, Phil did write about him in the book, he did throw bynum under the bus, he did quit on his team in the playofs...You are acting like I am crucifying the guy. I simply said I do not like the off court Kobe.

Your analogy is flawed. Manson was CONVICTED of mass murder. Kobe was accused and aquitted. In either case, neither of us KNOWS the person. So you are basing the majority of your hatred towards Kobe based on his adultry? Wow, you must not like many players.

That is not the point. My analogy was perfect, maybe extreme, but I could not think of any famous accused rapist off of the top of my head to make the analogy so it would be more accurate. The analogy was to show that you do not have to know someone intimately in order to not like them. You are acting like the media made up he cheated on his wife and such. That is not the medias fault, that is Kobes.

Again what hatred? If you can point out where I said "I HATE" Kobe, I would love to see it. Just another Kobe apologist feeling like they must defend Kobe from something that is not there. I said I do not like off the court Kobe, not hate the guy.

Not quite sure how I defended anything. Talking about trading Drew off the record to a couple guys in a parking lot? Ouuuuuuch. Satan like! :lmao

And you know what, Kobe just may suck as a person. I really don't know as I don't know the person. I am certainly not going to be a big sheep and let the media decide for me and Util i do know the "person", I can only comment on Kobe the player, and he's one of the best of all time.

Not sure? You quoted my post about me not liking him OFF THE COURT, and said nothing about his on court. Talking about wiping clean the Drew incident then trying to pass the blame onto other NBA players because "cheating is the norm" in the NBA. How do you know this? Do you follow the players around? Do you speak with them about their marital problems? Or are you a big sheep that believes what the media tells you about NBA players and their lives?

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
It was a simple question. Do you know him personally? You do not and answered so. So I guess in your world it's acceptable to state you don't like someone as a person even though you don't know them personally. In mine, it's a contradiction. Each to his own I guess.

You do not know other cheaters and accused rapists personally but do you think they are all good people? You never judge someone unless you know them personally? So you have no opinion on whether people are good or not unless they are known murders or you have spoken with them?

It was a simple question that had nothing to do with basketball. You contradicted yourself by saying you defend his basketball. In this case you did not.

Like I said, who cares. If you only care about basketball and not what these players do off the court, why don't you discuss what I said about Kobe the baller instead of Kobe the person?

Def Rowe
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Just because some of us are fans of Kobe the basketball player does not mean we are fans of everthing Kobe has said or done on the floor or off.

Or even care wtf he acts like off the floor. Seriously. :wakeup

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Why do people act like people do not look up to these guys? Maybe not some of us personally, but some people do.

If you had David Robinson on your team, you would be proud and speak about him as a man as well as a player. Why? Because to some degree it is important. The main difference between them and us is they have an opportunity on a stage that most of us could never dream of.

Are the obligated to be the best people in the world because of it? Absolutely not, but that does not excuse bad behavior. Some people choose to step up and be a role model because they are good people who realize what they can do with their star power, some do not. But do not act like no one looks to figures (famous athletes, actors, world leaders) for inspiration.

Many of those people are bad, but the few that want to be inspiring can effect so many and drown out all the bad ones.

cobbler
06-08-2009, 10:07 PM
You do not know other cheaters and accused rapists personally but do you think they are all good people? You never judge someone unless you know them personally? So you have no opinion on whether people are good or not unless they are known murders or you have spoken with them?

It was a simple question that had nothing to do with basketball. You contradicted yourself by saying you defend his basketball. In this case you did not.

Like I said, who cares. If you only care about basketball and not what these players do off the court, why don't you discuss what I said about Kobe the baller instead of Kobe the person?

It's simple... You said you dont like kobe the person. I asked if you knew kobe the person. You said no. So be it. Well rephrase your comment to... I do not like Kobe "the person portrayed in the media".

There, all fixed.

And yes I know at least 3 players that cheated on their wives and heard many stories from them of others. Shhhhhhh.... it's a secret!!!

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
It's simple... You said you dont like kobe the person. I asked if you knew kobe the person. You said no. So be it. Well rephrase your comment to... I do not like Kobe "the person portrayed in the media".

There, all fixed.

And yes I know at least 3 players that cheated on their wives and heard many stories from them of others. Shhhhhhh.... it's a secret!!!

Don't like is not "blind hatred" as you claimed.

I have heard many stories about Kobe, how does this make us different? 3 players out of how many in the NBA, that hardly qualifies you to make a sweeping statement about most players without being a hypocrite to your own logic.

Did the media make up Kobe cheating on his wife or is this true? If it is true, then do I really have to know him in order to like him?

Did the media make up that he threw Bynum under the bus?

Did the media make up the lawsuit against his household about the abuse of hired help?

Like I said, you keep defending Kobe personally, but you say you only care about basketball. Talk about my comments on his game.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
But enough, we are all supposed to be eating crow in here for some reason.

cobbler
06-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Why do people act like people do not look up to these guys? Maybe not some of us personally, but some people do.

If you had David Robinson on your team, you would be proud and speak about him as a man as well as a player. Why? Because to some degree it is important. The main difference between them and us is they have an opportunity on a stage that most of us could never dream of.

Are the obligated to be the best people in the world because of it? Absolutely not, but that does not excuse bad behavior. Some people choose to step up and be a role model because they are good people who realize what they can do with their star power, some do not. But do not act like no one looks to figures (famous athletes, actors, world leaders) for inspiration.

Many of those people are bad, but the few that want to be inspiring can effect so many and drown out all the bad ones.

I completely understand what you are saying. No doubt about it. But lets be realistic, a lot of fans hate Kobe. There are a multitude of reasons. I happen to believe the largest % are people that hate him for the same reason i hate pierce. He's the opposition. You rarely hear of the good things he does. Why is that?

Take Magic Johnson, he is beloved by the NBA community. He is always portrayed with admiration of the masses. Yet he was one of the biggest adulterers out there. MJ as well. We all see what we want dont we?

And Ill bet 95% of the Kobe haters would be Kobe supporters if he was traded tomorrow to their team.

But for now he's a Laker... and I like it JUST THAT WAY!

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I completely understand what you are saying. No doubt about it. But lets be realistic, a lot of fans hate Kobe. There are a multitude of reasons. I happen to believe the largest % are people that hate him for the same reason i hate pierce. He's the opposition. You rarely hear of the good things he does. Why is that?

Take Magic Johnson, he is beloved by the NBA community. He is always portrayed with admiration of the masses. Yet he was one of the biggest adulterers out there. MJ as well. We all see what we want dont we?

And Ill bet 95% of the Kobe haters would be Kobe supporters if he was traded tomorrow to their team.

But for now he's a Laker... and I like it JUST THAT WAY!

Yes, a lot of people hate Kobe and for many reasons. I am not one of them. Difference between Kobe and MJ and Magic is that they were likable. Kobe is not.

Part of that is because of the more modern media being consumed by so many and part of that is Kobe's fault.

Jordan was a winner, the best ever, so he got some passes, Kobe is not and does not. Many people know Jordan was a prick (even though we did not know him personally) and he did catch some flack for it. No one raves about Jordan off the court, simply on it.

Until now, Kobe's off court has out shined his on court, so that is what people talk about.

Gino
06-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes, a lot of people hate Kobe and for many reasons. I am not one of them. Difference between Kobe and MJ and Magic is that they were likable. Kobe is not.

Part of that is because of the more modern media being consumed by so many and part of that is Kobe's fault.

Jordan was a winner, the best ever, so he got some passes, Kobe is not and does not. Many people know Jordan was a prick (even though we did not know him personally) and he did catch some flack for it. No one raves about Jordan off the court, simply on it.

Until now, Kobe's off court has out shined his on court, so that is what people talk about.

It wasnt just that Jordan was a winner, it was that he wasnt a stupid phony plagarizing someone else.

I could believe that he was a nice guy yet also but ultra-competitive. He can punch Steve Kerr and I dont think hes a total douche bag the way Kobe blames his teammates for when he screws up.

I dont know if Kobe has the competitive side of Jordan. Not after how he was last year in the finals or the two years before against Phoenix.

Sure, he's got his "determination" face on now. Its easy when you are up against a much lesser opponent. Like Bill Simmons said, you can tell he's been practicing in the mirror. :lol

ginobili's bald spot
06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
:lol Lots of sour grapes on Spurstalk today.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:41 PM
:lol Lots of sour grapes on Spurstalk today.

Not at all. Most just find it ridiculous that Laker fans are so insecure that they cannot just enjoy winning without coming onto a rival fan board and asking them to bow down to their team.

Spur fans respect the champs, we just do not like their fans or some of their players.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I have seen your picture. I know what you look like. I will find you and argue you into the mothaf*ing ground.

ginobili's bald spot
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Not at all. Most just find it ridiculous that Laker fans are so insecure that they cannot just enjoy winning without coming onto a rival fan board and asking them to bow down to their team.

Spur fans respect the champs, we just do not like their fans or some of their players.

Ummm... a Laker fan didn't even start this thread.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Ummm... a Laker fan didn't even start this thread.

It is not just one thread brah.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 11:07 PM
For good measure

5od5qSWKorc

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Anyways, I was watching Pros vs Joes, and I never realized how much of a prick Mourning was.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
"Haters make the world go round"

Seeing threads like this is just icing on the cake should the Lakers win the Finals this year. Watching the haters in a tailspin is pure delight. They just don't know what to do, like a robot being programmed an instruction it doesn't know how to compute. Look at these ridiculous rationalizations they are coming up with now, this is pure gold.

Charles Manson? Are you kidding me? Go home DPG, you claimed not one page ago that you aren't arguing with Laker fans and here you are arguing with Laker fans. Face the facts, you are a hater and because you are a hater you can't stop arguing with Laker fans.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Anyways, I was watching Pros vs Joes, and I never realized how much of a prick Mourning was.

Dude, what a prickmaster. Worse than DrHouse. That was so lame. I was hoping someone would bust him in the mouth with a nasty elbow.

He would easily make the all D-Bag team.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 11:16 PM
He's on my team.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't flatter yourself. The coach of the Ass Pirates, DrHouse, would never play you because you do not meet his douche standards.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
"Trade Kobe"

son who made that stupid ass thread?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Well I created quite the thread.

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 12:30 AM
GOnna be an Official Eat Crow about Nash thread next year BITCH

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 12:34 AM
GOnna be an Official Eat Crow about Nash thread next year BITCH

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

why are you such a Nash fan anyway? Fag bait recognizing fag bait?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 12:36 AM

I really wasn't trying to turn this into a be a douche bag thread, but thanks for making sure that happened!!!

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 12:44 AM
If the MVP mix doesn't give you the chills you ain't got a PULSE.

Fucking great player :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 12:47 AM
If the MVP mix doesn't give you the chills you ain't got a PULSE.

Fucking great player :cry

For a great player it's sure awfully easy to drop 30 on him.

MambaJuice2408
06-09-2009, 12:51 AM
-No KG
-No Yao, T-Mac, or Deke
-No Ginobili
-Jameer Nelson not 100%

To be fair I think Boston would have lost to Cleveland in 6. I dont think Cleveland would have lost a home game against Boston.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I have to admit....after cheating to get Gasol, Kobe is dominating in the playoffs.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 02:47 AM

1) Paul Pierce
2) Kevin Garnett
4) LeBron
5) Wade
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitski
8) Steve Nash
9) Chris Paul
10) Deron Williams

damn...based on Gino's comments. Kobe made Fisher, Gasol, Ariza and Odom like Gods.

I've never seen someone praise these guys individually before.

Who was Ariza before the Lakers?
Who was Odom before the Lakers?
Who was Gasol before the Lakers?
Is Fisher top 10 point guard?

LOL. You're an idiot.

Pretty soon, you're gonna say that Sasha was the reason Kobe is gonna win.

You guys bashed Kobe when he got eliminated with a team with Kwame, Brian Cook and Smush.....now that he is winning...its cuz he has too much talent. Go fuck yourselves.

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Gasol was pretty solid before the Lakers FWIW.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Gasol was pretty solid before the Lakers FWIW.

All star once and never won a playoff game..... All of a sudden, he is fucking unstopplable and is like the best center in the world according to people who want to hate on Kobe.

To be honest, i could careless. Deep inside the haters are all gonna cry when he holds up that Finals MVP....and thier precious "cant win without Shaq" excuse is gone.

Good luck trying to convince the world that Pau was the main guy haters. lol

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 02:57 AM
He is not a great #1 guy but he is a great #2 guy.

Still Kobe is the STRAW that stirs the Lakers DRINK.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 03:00 AM
He is not a great #1 guy but he is a great #2 guy.

Still Kobe is the STRAW that stirs the Lakers DRINK.

definately a great guy.

Just funny how it was "cant win without Shaq"..now its like "uuhhh u cant win without Gasol" LOL

pauls931
06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
damn...based on Gino's comments. Kobe made Fisher, Gasol, Ariza and Odom like Gods.

LOL. You're an idiot.

You guys bashed Kobe when he got eliminated with a team with Kwame, Brian Cook and Smush.....now that he is winning...its cuz he has too much talent. Go fuck yourselves.

Odom and Gasol were well known names... I remember Odom from his clipper days... Ariza and Fisher, I agree on.

TampaDude
06-09-2009, 09:49 AM

+1 Kobe is the truth. Not quite MJ yet, but he is the most dangerous clutch player in the NBA right now. LeBron is more athletic and has better numbers across the board, but when you NEED to score, give the ball to Kobe.

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM

LOL. You're an idiot.

I also remember Lakers fans complaining that Kobe didnt have any talent around him and thats why the Lakers sucked so bad.

Now that they have the most talent you want to give him all the credit??

Well which is it? It seems how well the Lakers perform is a direct result of the players Kobe has on his team. He doesnt do anything great with bad teams and he doesnt do anything great with good teams (unless you think taking seven games to defeat that dilapitated Houston team "great").

Again, you could replace with a dozen superstars in this league and the Lakers would still be able to beat Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando with no problem. Probably even a bit easier considering most other superstars are more concerned with winning as opposed to their public perception.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Again, you could replace with a dozen superstars in this league and the Lakers would still be able to beat Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando with no problem. Probably even a bit easier considering most other superstars are more concerned with winning as opposed to their public perception.

Only probably 2 or 3 buddy.

How's Boston doing btw? ;)

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Only probably 2 or 3 buddy.

How's Boston doing btw? ;)

Youre late to the thread, "Pal".

1) Paul Pierce
2) Kevin Garnett
4) LeBron
5) Wade
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitski
8) Steve Nash
9) Chris Paul
10) Deron Williams

We also later added Carmelo Anthony.

I think Brandon Roy and others would probably be a stretch.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
"kobe can't win without shaq"

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Youre late to the thread, "Pal".

We also later added Carmelo Anthony.

I think Brandon Roy and others would probably be a stretch.

LOL...that list is comical..they cant even do shit with the stars they have now.

Like i said...all of a sudden Gasol is a beast and Odom is the best thing since slice bread. :lol

Yet, the people on your list cant do shit with thier all stars they have now.

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
LOL...that list is comical..they cant even do shit with the stars they have now.

Like i said...all of a sudden Gasol is a beast and Odom is the best thing since slice bread. :lol

Yet, the people on your list cant do shit with thier all stars they have now.

Please remind what "Stars" Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Nash etc. had in this year's playoffs.

Again. Just pick one!

Its not hard Laker fans!! Pick one of the guys from the list and tell me replacing Kobe with him wouldnt prodcue the same results. :lol

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Please remind what "Stars" Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Nash etc. had in this year's playoffs.

Again. Just pick one!

Its not hard Laker fans!! Pick one of the guys from the list and tell me replacing Kobe with him wouldnt prodcue the same results. :lol

I forgot that Billups, Shaq, Amare, Oneil, Howard, Terry ,Parker, Ginobli, West, Willams, Boozer, Smith, West, Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Beasley, Lewis, Nelson, Posey, Barbosa, Richardson, Okur.....suck.

Oh but wait..Kobe has ODOM and GASOL! Instant ring! :lmao

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I forgot that Billups, Shaq, Amare, Oneil, Howard, Terry ,Parker, Ginobli, West, Willams, Boozer, Smith, West, Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Beasley, Lewis, Nelson, Posey, Barbosa, Richardson, Okur.....suck.

Oh but wait..Kobe has ODOM and GASOL! Instant ring! :lmao

Talk about epic fail. You'll have tell me how many playoff games those guys put in.

No, wait. Youre embarrassing your entire fan base. Just stop posting.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Talk about epic fail. You'll have tell me how many playoff games those guys put in.

No, wait. Youre embarrassing your entire fan base. Just stop posting.

your point is that Kobe is with stars. Steve nash never won it with Amare. And theyve been togther for a while. So ive proven my point. Why does it have to be only this years playoffs. Why not past years when Steve Nash had 2 all stars by him and failed.

Once again you fail at proving that those players could win with the Lakers cast by ony "bolding" 5 names out of the 20+ i listed.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Machine don't bother with Gino. He's likely a mono or stretch or BUMP troll. Nobody is that stupid.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Machine don't bother with Gino. He's likely a mono or stretch or BUMP troll. Nobody is that stupid.

That would make sense except I've seen him argue with Mono and stretch. He really is that fuckin retarded.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
That would make sense except I've seen him argue with Mono and stretch. He really is that fuckin retarded.

Then it's BUMP.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Then it's BUMP.

Eh I don't think so. I get what you're saying but the troll would be too random and creative. A bandwagon Celtics fan with the screen name gino that randomly likes to argue with me? I don't think that's BUMP.

Gino
06-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Eh I don't think so. I get what you're saying but the troll would be too random and creative. A bandwagon Celtics fan with the screen name gino that randomly likes to argue with me? I don't think that's BUMP.

You think its easy to figure you out?

Youre team says Suns, your name suggest Spurs and your avatar looks like the old McDonalds character "Grimmus".

Was "The Hamburgler" taken?

Bottom line is your an unemployed loser his gets off on bashing his local team. Thats all I can make of it.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM

This one only seems to show up at random times which typically means it's a troll account. If Gino was posting regularly I'd be more inclined to think he was a real person.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Bottom line is your an unemployed loser

Or a college student that couldn't find a summer job in a crappy economy.....

Gino
06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Or a college student that couldn't find a summer job in a crappy economy.....

I freaking knew it.

Doesnt look like youre trying to hard to make something of yourself. You have a million alts and you spend your time making polls over who is a better poster.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
:cry:crymore people like DoK than me:cry:cryso now I must slander him and make random accusations he laughs at:cry:cry

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Changing what other people say in a quote is cool and its funny and its REALLY cool to change it to say something gay.

I have an inferiority complex and I really just want people to like me. I will go at great lengths to get my "friends" on the message board to vote me as their favorite poster. And if that doesnt work, I log on as one of my 30 known alts and vote for myself just to make myself feel better.

The Suns lose every-year. I have no job. No girlfriend. No real friends, actually. I live with my parents and chat online about how much I hate the Suns all day. I lie and tell them that Im in college but thats a lie too and Im starting to think theyre catching on.

So please dont hate me when I change your post to make it look like you said something gay. Monos from the KFC clan told me that it would make me cool and theres no one cooler than him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:19 PM
God it must suck to lose a poll to someone you consider such a loser.

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
God it must suck to lose a poll to someone you consider such a loser.

I would never think that it sucked to lose an online poll. Especially not on THIS board! You really think the KFC crew and the Laker homers are going to vote that Im even a decent "poster"?

They hate me.

Besides...you voted for yourself several times. Youre not fooling anyone. I do think youre an even bigger douche bag than I did before for even starting a "poll". We talked about this the other day when you decided that a popularity poll would decide who was right in our argument and I said that was the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Do you feel "satisfied" now?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I would never think that it sucked to lose an online poll. Especially not on THIS board! You really think the KFC crew and the Laker homers are going to vote that Im even a decent "poster"?

They hate me.

Besides...you voted for yourself several times. Youre not fooling anyone. I do think youre an even bigger douche bag than I even did before for even starting a "poll". We talked about this the other day when you decided that a popularity poll would decide who was right in our argument.

:lol I voted for myself with Courtney Paris and DoK. That's two votes. I won the poll overwhelmingly. There was even a Boston fan who voted for me cause he doesn't like bandwagon Celtic fans. And I was right in our argument cause you were using stats from the 2007-2008 season dumbass.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM

They hate me.

Besides...you voted for yourself several times. Youre not fooling anyone. I do think youre an even bigger douche bag than I did before for even starting a "poll". We talked about this the other day when you decided that a popularity poll would decide who was right in our argument and I said that was the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

You're not a decent poster by anybody's standards.

You have said more nonsensical things than even SpursDynasty, and that's saying something because we all know SD is a troll account.

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
:lol I voted for myself with Courtney Paris and DoK. That's two votes. I won the poll overwhelmingly. There was even a Boston fan who voted for me cause he doesn't like bandwagon Celtic fans. And I was right in our argument cause you were using stats from the 2007-2008 season dumbass.

Only two?

Dont lie DOK!

Besides, I still proved with stats from this past season that Shaq was worthless.

Remember? I taught you about a randomized, complete, blocked design how youre theory of Shaq being good because the Suns were 2-5 without him was stupid?

Remember?

Educate yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomized_block_design

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
You're not a decent poster by anybody's standards.

You have said more nonsensical things than even SpursDynasty, and that's saying something because we all know SD is a troll account.

Are you still here?

I thought you were SUPPOSE to be a troll like SpursDynasty. But then I realized you were serious.

What did I say that was "non-sensical"? Can you name one?

I found something you love talking about more than the Lakers:

ME!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Only two?

Dont lie DOK!

Besides, I still proved with stats from this past season that Shaq was worthless.

Remember? I taught you about a randomized, complete, blocked design how youre theory of Shaq being good because the Suns were 2-5 without him was stupid?

Remember?

Educate yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomized_block_design

Again I have a lot more than two trolls I just voted with two.

And you didn't teach me shit. I won the argument. I won the poll. I'm just an overall more awesome person. 27 > 8. Suns record w/ Shaq > Suns record w/o Shaq. DoK > Gino the dog fucking faggot.

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Again I have a lot more than two trolls I just voted with two.

And you didn't teach me shit. I won the argument. I won the poll. I'm just an overall more awesome person. 27 > 8. Suns record w/ Shaq > Suns record w/o Shaq. DoK > Gino the dog fucking faggot.

And that is why you have no job!!! :lol :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
And that is why you have no job!!! :lol :lol

Great, I have no job. I'm sure I'm the only 18 year old college student home for the summer who couldn't find a summer job in this economy. I'm such a loser :depressed

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Great, I have no job. I'm sure I'm the only 18 year old college student home for the summer who couldn't find a summer job in this economy. I'm such a loser :depressed

Youre 18? So did you graduate when you were 17? Or have not actually started college yet?

You need to mature A LOT. But this does explain a few things.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Youre 18? So did you graduate when you were 17? Or have not actually started college yet?

You need to mature A LOT. But this does explain a few things.

Yes I graduated when I was 17. I turn 19 in July.

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes I graduated when I was 17. I turn 19 in July.

What college do you go to? If you dont want to say I wont make fun of you. Just curious.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm so jealous of Kobe and the Lakers I have to do everything in my power to talk shit about them

YellowFever
06-09-2009, 05:57 PM

No...I don't think he's Mono or Stretch and YEs, judging by his posts...he IS that stupid.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
What college do you go to? If you dont want to say I wont make fun of you. Just curious.

U of A

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
:lmao check out the PM GinoFag just sent me

Youre still a loser if the Lakers win or lose.

And a douche bag.

And you dont shit about basketball.

- Gino

You're right. I don't shit about basketball. Ever.

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
U of A

Andreeeeee Iguodalalallalalalaa

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Andreeeeee Iguodalalallalalalaa

Jason Terry. By far my favorite player on Dallas.

He and Bibby were a sick starting back court when they won it all.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 06:47 PM
lol gino

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Gino has lost. I'd start over and make another account.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Gino has lost. I'd start over and make another account.

Why does he call you guys the "KFC" crew?

I also find it funny he calls me a fake Suns fan for liking Duncan yet he's a Celtics fan that has the name "Gino" with his favorite team as the Spurs.

Allanon
06-09-2009, 06:53 PM

BenJarvusOthello was "kind enough" to leave this trash in my profile:

"America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat."

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 06:53 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 06:54 PM
BenJarvusOthello was kind enough to leave this in my profile:

"America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat."

lol he posted that on about 20 people's page.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
LMFAO he left that in my profile too......wtf?

Allanon

:lol Easy reference...that bitch.

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Iggy/JET/Jefferson/Dirk/Lauren Woods 2010!

DUNCANownsKOBE2

WTF why?

Ghazi
ugh got the scrub centers name wrong

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I think benjarvusothellotron is actually a legit fatass from San Antonio. I knew this board had a ton.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I think benjarvusothellotron is actually a legit fatass from San Antonio. I knew this board had a ton.

He's a 28 year old freshman at utsa.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I read UTSA's acceptance rate is 99.6%.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 07:57 PM
U of A

University of Arguing? Man, that must be an annoying school.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
University of Arguing? Man, that must be an annoying school.

God are you still pissed about that? It wasn't directed at you in particular if you think it was.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 08:13 PM
God are you still pissed about that? It wasn't directed at you in particular if you think it was.

Nope, just needling you.

JoeTait75
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Jason Terry. By far my favorite player on Dallas.

He and Bibby were a sick starting back court when they won it all.

Don't forget Miles Simon.

Gino
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM

I also find it funny he calls me a fake Suns fan for liking Duncan yet he's a Celtics fan that has the name "Gino" with his favorite team as the Spurs.

My name is Gino because of my avatar. It has nothing to do with Ginobili.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/16537724/detail.html

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 12:03 PM
My name is Gino because of my avatar. It has nothing to do with Ginobili.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/16537724/detail.html

Looks like a faggot.

Gino
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Looks like a faggot.

What the hell are you so angry about?

Is this how you talk at job interviews? Its no wonder you can't find a job. You type as if youre a pre-pubescent kid.

Kobe™
10-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Cool thread.

21_Blessings
06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
:bking

Ghazi
06-16-2010, 11:17 AM
:bking :bking

ChrisRichards
06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
this right here...