PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else know the play?

bigfish22
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Just curious if anyone else here called the in-bound alley-oop play at the end of regulation in Game 2? I was the only Spurs fan in a room of Laker fans last night and they were trippin out when I had called the play before it happened. I don't think any of them had seen (or remembered) the Dwight Howard game winner over us in Orlando last season... But I still do.:king

Solid D
06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Just curious if anyone else here called the in-bound alley-oop play at the end of regulation in Game 2? I was the only Spurs fan in a room of Laker fans last night and they were trippin out when I had called the play before it happened. I don't think any of them had seen (or remembered) the Dwight Howard game winner over us in Orlando last season... But I still do.:king

Actually, the announcers remembered the play and called it as an option. The Lakers sniffed it out initially and Pau got inside on Howard...so Hedo called time and they redesigned the play and screened for Lee.

FromWayDowntown
06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
It's essentially the same play that they ran at the end of regulation of Game 4 of the East Finals this year, I think, only Varejao did enough to get tangled up with Howard on that one to effectively deny him a meaningful catch.

Yuixafun
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Man they let Ariza molest Hedo so many times and Bryant was getting phantom touch calls.. .brilliant play if Lee could finish but that had a high degree of difficulty.

Rashard was killing em!

I think Dwight needs to send himself a text with the word "Dominate" like he did to his teammates before game 6 against the Cavs.

Didn't Kobe's momma tell him not to make faces like that or it might get stuck that way.

On second thought.. that would be some funny shit. (knock on wood)

smrattler
06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I had it on mute because I was occupied but I saw the time and said "alley oop to Dwight".

I got the play right. The Magic got the player wrong. Game.