PDA

View Full Version : Where do you rank these Lakers among the recent champs

InRareForm
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Would this team beat:

'08 Celtics (nope)

'07 Spurs (would be close series, but the big three was clicking on all cylinders)

'06 Miami (they would beat miami for sure)

'05 Spurs (nope, spurs defense was tops, spurs win this one)

'04 Pistons (this would be interesting, but pistons defense was too good)

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
06 Mavs would probably lose to 09 Lakers due to a lack of answer for Kobe and a matter of perimeter scoring v paint scoring. paint scoring usually wins out.

08 Celtics had a historically great defense and this years' Lakers aren't much different from last years, so I would favor 08 Celtics.
04 Pistons defense was dominant, but their offense was pretty inept. Not sure about this one. I think I'd go w/ the Pistons though.

And well, I think Lakers lose to 07 Spurs, not sure about 05, beat 03 (who weren't even true champions, Mavs were best team that year).

This topic has been discussed prior though.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I think they'd beat the 2007 Spurs and 2006 Heat. Probably lose to every other team there.

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I think they'd beat the 2007 Spurs and 2006 Heat. Probably lose to every other team there.

Cut it out

JamStone
06-08-2009, 04:53 PM
05 Spurs were awesome. They would have beaten this Lakers team.

I think they'd beat the 07 Spurs and the 06 Heat. Tony Parker would have been a problem for the Lakers, but with the way Gasol and Odom and even Ariza are contributing this year, Kobe would have been hell to contain for that Spurs team.

Toss up against the 04 Pistons. Classic great defense versus great offense battle. I'd call it a wash and probably give the Lakers the edge because they would have ended up with home court. But, again a toss up.

I actually think it would be a good series between last year's Celtics and this year's Lakers squad. Adding Bynum allows Lamar Odom to come off the bench. The Celtics last year didn't really have anyone who could match-up well against Odom. Posey too small. PJ Brown and Leon Powe not quick enough. That's an exploitable match-up off the bench. Trevor Ariza allows Kobe not to have to guard Paul Pierce late in games. I'd similarly give this a toss up. Probably an advantage for last year's Celtics because of how good and cohesive their defense was. But, I think these Lakers would have more than a fighter's chance against them.

crc21209
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
These Lakers are trash besides Kobe and Gasol. So of the past 4-5 Champions or so...I'd say they could only beat the 06' Heat.