PDA

View Full Version : Is the Lakers' path to the title....

Gino
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
The easiest in NBA History?

Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando.

Seriously? Thats the only teams LA had to beat?

Last year, Boston had to beat Detroit and LA.

The year before, San Antonio had to go through Phoenix (only one other championship-caliber team thanks to Dallas losing in the first round).

The year before, Miami had to go through Detroit and Dallas.

The year before, San Antonio had to go through Phoenix and Detroit.

Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I cant think of any team who didnt have to play a serious contender to win the championship until this year.

Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando.

Try to think of a simpler scenario for winning the title. Could Phoenix of 05-07 or Dallas of 05-07 beat those teams? In a heartbeat!!

I challenge anyone to find a simpler path to the title.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Utah and Houston were easy because of injuries. But Denver was playing well and Orlando has a lot of talent.

Lakers are just that good.

BadOdor
06-08-2009, 09:47 PM
You can only beat who's put in front of you.

Lakers 2009 champs.

LeBronMVPjames
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Utah and Houston were easy because of injuries. But Denver was playing well and Orlando has a lot of talent.

Lakers are just that good.

LA gunna win fo sho nd the only reezun Whore-Land-Oh Magic made it to the finals cuz Rashard Lewis

KSeal
06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
The easiest road belongs to the 2007 Spurs. Denver was playing damn good when the Laker ran into them and Orlando is very good too. Utah was still a pretty good team even without Okur.

Def Rowe
06-08-2009, 10:06 PM
The easiest road belongs to the 2007 Spurs. Denver was playing damn good when the Laker ran into them and Orlando is very good too. Utah was still a pretty good team even without Okur.

Everybody seems to be under-rating the Rockets too. Even their fans.

Gino
06-08-2009, 10:11 PM
The idea that the 2007 Spurs had an "easier" path to the title is a joke.

That 2007 Phoenix Suns team would destroy any of the Lakers' opponents this year. Didnt they win 17 games in a row twice in the season?

LOL at Laker fans calling the Yao-less, McGrady-less Rockets "tough".

Orlando made it to the finals without a point guard. Or a shooting guard.

Dont gloss the Lakers opponents. Denver is a 50-55 win team. They start Nene and Kenyon Martin at the 4 and 5.

Gino
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
You can only beat who's put in front of you.

Lakers 2009 champs.

True. Kudos to you for not glossing their opponents (not a single championship caliber team among them).

Its not the Lakers FAULT that there were no other good teams this year, but dont expect anyone to give this team too much respect.

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:17 PM

I disagree. Look at Utah's play and their record going into the playoffs. It was terrible and they were injured and playing with no chemistry. They were the worst team in the playoffs besides NO.

Everybody seems to be under-rating the Rockets too. Even their fans.

The Rockets play hard. That does not make them good. They were severely injured.

This is not to take anything away from the Lakers. They are ridiculously good. They just are lazy and play to the level of their opponent. They are so good that it will not come back to haunt them.

KSeal
06-08-2009, 10:25 PM
The idea that the 2007 Spurs had an "easier" path to the title is a joke.

That 2007 Phoenix Suns team would destroy any of the Lakers' opponents this year. Didnt they win 17 games in a row twice in the season?

lol, Spurs gift wrapped that Suns series

lol, that Jazz team

lol, that Cavs team

lol, Spurs not having to play the best team in the league and the team that beat them the year before cause they got a horrible match up in the first round

lol, at you spending all day on the internet trying to discredit all things Kobe and the Lakers

dirk4mvp
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Spurs in 07, easily. Mavs would've taxed dat ass if they didn't run into the Chargers of the nba.

UrAphag
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
LOL @ angry spur fan. I sure as hell know this thread wouldn't have been made if the lakers played the spurs this year in the playoffs.

IronMexican
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I think 2007 Spurs had it easier. I also think making it to the Finals in 2008 was easier for the Lakers.

BUMP
06-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Spurs in 07

and if your gonna call the 07 Suns a championship caliber team you HAVE to make Orlando and Denver championship caliber teams.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 11:08 PM
:lmao at butthurt Celtics fan who is probably a Mav fan trolling.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before the haters jumped out of the woodwork and started the seeds of discrediting the Laker's potential title.

I'd say Utah was better than your average 8th seed, Houston was mediocre but matched up well with the Lakers and gave them fits, and Denver was a very strong WCF opponent. They definitely had the talent to compete with the Lakers, fortunately for Laker fans they didn't have the brains. As far as the Magic go, they've defeated the defending champion Celtics and the #1 team in the regular season without HCA. That means they're pretty good in my book. They just don't seem to match up very well with the Lakers.

I don't think this Laker team is all that strong compared to past Final's winners though. They will get better next year and the year after though if they can retain their core talent.

Rogue
06-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Even though the Magic have missed two chances of stealing the home court advantage, it's still fucking too early to confirm the Lakers as champions. The next 3 consecutive games will be played in Orlando where the Magic didn't lose even one game to the Cavs in ECF, and the Magic ALMOST won the game 2 yesterday in LA.

It's not easy to compare the Lakers path of this year to that the Spurs walked through in 07, but it's pretty obvious neither of these two pathes is as tough as the one the Magic experienced this season. the defending champion for the 2nd round, and the regular season champion for ECF. So I think Magic are more deserving of the championship this season, but David stern has different ideas and won't give the title to the team which devserves it.

KSeal
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
The starter of this thread is so fucking weak. Multiple people call him out for his obvious biased bullshit claims, so he never returns to try and back his bullshit up cause he knows he can't cause it's just that, bullshit.

MambaJuice2408
06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
:lmao at butthurt Celtics fan who is probably a Mav fan trolling.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before the haters jumped out of the woodwork and started the seeds of discrediting the Laker's potential title.

I'd say Utah was better than your average 8th seed, Houston was mediocre but matched up well with the Lakers and gave them fits, and Denver was a very strong WCF opponent. They definitely had the talent to compete with the Lakers, fortunately for Laker fans they didn't have the brains. As far as the Magic go, they've defeated the defending champion Celtics and the #1 team in the regular season without HCA. That means they're pretty good in my book. They just don't seem to match up very well with the Lakers.

I don't think this Laker team is all that strong compared to past Final's winners though. They will get better next year and the year after though if they can retain their core talent.

I think thats the real issue people are gonna have with this team. People expect good ball in the Finals and the winner to be playing great ball leaving now doubt about their greatness.

People will probably remember this team as a team that could play 70% some nights and still manage to win. It just doesn't set a good image for a champion. The fact they don't play to their full potential leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth...

Gino
06-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Spurs in 07

and if your gonna call the 07 Suns a championship caliber team you HAVE to make Orlando and Denver championship caliber teams.

Are you seriously comparing the 07 Suns which included All-NBA first teamers Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Kurt Thomas, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell (defensive first team) and Leandro Barbosa (6th man of the year)
with a Denver team of Chauncey Billups, Melo and.....Kenyon Martin? Nene?

The 2007 Suns would mop the floor with any of these Laker opponents. Same with the 2007 Spurs.

The biggest joke is that people keep bringing up Houston. A team that wouldnt even make the playoffs without Yao took LA to seven games.

ginobili's bald spot
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
It could have been easier if we played the Spurs.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
The Suns had a hard time beating any team that didn't have Smush Parker and Kwame Brown as starters

playaslk
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
lol thats for sure.

The negativity of fans is amusing. Anything to make you feel better, buddy. Spurs got their collective nuts squashed, so what do you do for the rest of the playoffs? Sit and talk shit on the teams that are left. Let me tell you what... Im a Steelers fan and they won in 05 (however you want to call the SB with the ref controversy) coming out of the 6th seed. They beat the best teams in the conf to get to the SB. Are they the best SB team in history? heck no, did they win their 5th throphy? Sure did.

Noone cares about how you do it, just DO IT! Stop being a little bitch and get over your hatred of the Lakers. When the Spurs WERE rolling, and everyone was hating their "boring" style and "corpse-like" Duncan interviews, the Spurs fans were upset that noone gave them love... "check the rings" you said.

Well here is one for you... you are out of the playoffs, enjoy the ball being played now, Kobe's facial protrusion, and Superman realizing he has no offensive game outside of 4 feet or just get off the boards and stop posting your bullshit.

By the way, even as a Laker fan, i had to marvel at Lewis's great game, how he somehow continued to get open looks and knock shots down.

The spotlight isnt on you, dont try to steal it, makes you look dumb.

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2009, 10:21 AM
I think the "path to the championship" argument is lame. No one team has contol as to who they will play or when they will play. If you bust your a$$ during the regular season, maintain home court and go about your business beating teams your suppose to beat, then by virtue of that, YOU WANT TO HAVE AN EASY road to the finals. This is a ridiculous thread if I've ever seen one. You take any and all advantages that you can get. Plain and simple.

TampaDude
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Spurs in 07, easily. Mavs would've taxed dat ass if they didn't run into the Chargers of the nba.

Maybe...maybe not...but again, it's not the Spurs' fault that the ringless Mavs got bounced by the 8th seed. :lmao

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
lol thats for sure.

The negativity of fans is amusing. Anything to make you feel better, buddy. Spurs got their collective nuts squashed, so what do you do for the rest of the playoffs? Sit and talk shit on the teams that are left. Let me tell you what... Im a Steelers fan and they won in 05 (however you want to call the SB with the ref controversy) coming out of the 6th seed. They beat the best teams in the conf to get to the SB. Are they the best SB team in history? heck no, did they win their 5th throphy? Sure did.

Noone cares about how you do it, just DO IT! Stop being a little bitch and get over your hatred of the Lakers. When the Spurs WERE rolling, and everyone was hating their "boring" style and "corpse-like" Duncan interviews, the Spurs fans were upset that noone gave them love... "check the rings" you said.

Well here is one for you... you are out of the playoffs, enjoy the ball being played now, Kobe's facial protrusion, and Superman realizing he has no offensive game outside of 4 feet or just get off the boards and stop posting your bullshit.

By the way, even as a Laker fan, i had to marvel at Lewis's great game, how he somehow continued to get open looks and knock shots down.

The spotlight isnt on you, dont try to steal it, makes you look dumb.

:owned

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe...maybe not...but again, it's not the Spurs' fault that the ringless Mavs got bounced by the 8th seed. :lmao

Yeah I know. It was nice of the spurs players to send the Warriors thank-you notes. How sweet :bking

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
lol glorifying the 2007 Suns.

That team would get curbstomped by the 2009 Magic. They won 15 games in a row and then 17, and that doesn't mean shit. They beat a bunch of crappy teams and somewhat fell apart once their schedule picked up after the all star break.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
lol DoK

Do you like anything about the current Suns besides Grant Hill?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
The 2007 Spurs were by far the weakest championship team in recent history. Plain and simple.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
lol DoK

Do you like anything about the current Suns besides Grant Hill?

Shaq, ponytail douche, Goran "White Magic" Dragic, and Jared Dudley.

bostonguy
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM
The 2007 Spurs were by far the weakest championship team in recent history. Plain and simple.

Question. I have been meaning to ask this: Why is that your username? What made you want to get that? Just curious.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM
And I didn't criticize the 2007 Suns back in 2007, but looking back on that team and the incredibly weak 2005-2007 era, it's clear that team simply wasn't that good.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Question. I have been meaning to ask this: Why is that your username? What made you want to get that? Just curious.

I can't even explain it. If I could change it I would.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I can't even explain it. If I could change it I would.

You could probably ask kori.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
You could probably ask kori.

I will then but I don't want to lose the big orange writing :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
:lol

Was it hate?

Yeah probably I can't remember. I'll probably get it changed to Dragic > Nash

ginobili's bald spot
06-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Just keep it.

1Parker1
06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Umm, Spurs had a fairly easy road I think in the 2007 Finals. The only snag was Phoenix, and let's face it...Spurs owned them regardless and their lack of defense was always going to be their achilles heel.

Lakers had a pretty tough round I'd say...the Rockets, Nuggets, and even the Magic are all pretty good teams. The Magic in particular beat the defending champs and the team with the best record in the NBA. Nuggets went into the playoffs having won 15 of their last 17 or something.

1Parker1
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
That being said...I hate the Lakers and Kobe. It's gonna suck next year having to listen to all the Sports Analysts sucking up to Kobe and hearing "The Defending Champions, your Los Angeles Lakers!"

:flipoff to Memphis. This is all your d*mn fault.

Gino
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
This same Suns team that was so good that you speak of barely was able to beat that 8th seeded scrub Laker team. This Laker team would mop the floor with that 2007 Suns, Mavericks, and Spurs team.

:wow:wow:wow

Ignorant fool.

Wow. Talk about band-wagon Laker fans.

That 2007 Suns team took out that SEVEN seed Laker team in five games.

Sit down cuz you just owned yourself!!!

Gino
06-09-2009, 11:22 AM

That team would get curbstomped by the 2009 Magic. They won 15 games in a row and then 17, and that doesn't mean shit. They beat a bunch of crappy teams and somewhat fell apart once their schedule picked up after the all star break.

Wow....drops the "Suns fan" facade. You obviously hate them with a passion.

Well that same Suns team curb-stomped essentially this same Laker team minus Fisher and Gasol.

And Orlando was able to make it to the finals without a point guard or shooting guard. To say that any of the 2005-07 Suns, Spurs or Mavs wouldnt destroy this Orlando team or any of the teams the Lakers have had to face is a joke.

KSeal
06-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow....drops the "Suns fan" facade. You obviously hate them with a passion.

Well that same Suns team curb-stomped essentially this same Laker team minus Fisher and Gasol.

And Orlando was able to make it to the finals without a point guard or shooting guard. To say that any of the 2005-07 Suns, Spurs or Mavs wouldnt destroy this Orlando team or any of the teams the Lakers have had to face is a joke.

:rollin Do you realize how crossed all of your different arguments are getting?

Just stop posting, you're so full of shit it's pathetic.

Gino
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
:rollin Do you realize how crossed all of your different arguments are getting?

Just stop posting, you're so full of shit it's pathetic.

You got something to refute, jackass? Odom, Bynum, Kobe, Sasha, Farmar, Walton....they were all there dumbass.

More bandwagon Laker fans clueless as to who their own team was or even what their RECENT (screw long term) history is.

Lava-luka's claim took the cake though. KSeal is a close second.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Gino has yet to reply to his "fellow" spurs fans when calling him out. lol

BTW...i'll take an easy road to the Finals anyday. In the furture, noone's gonna care or remember who they faced. They'll just see 2009 Champions - LA LAKERS.

KSeal
06-09-2009, 11:39 AM
You got something to refute, jackass? Odom, Bynum, Kobe, Sasha, Farmar, Walton....they were all there dumbass.

More bandwagon Laker fans clueless as to who their own team was or even what their RECENT (screw long term) history is.

Lava-luka's claim took the cake though. KSeal is a close second.

That's not what I'm arguing, you're trying to imply that that Laker team that lost to the Suns is somehow not that far off from this Laker team, which is total bullshit. Gasol, Ariza, Fisher all make a huge difference.

First you argue Kobe has done nothing and all the other guys have lead him to this title, now you try and say that this current Laker team isn't that far off from the 07 team, you can't have it both ways.

z0sa
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
And I didn't criticize the 2007 Suns back in 2007, but looking back on that team and the incredibly weak 2005-2007 era, it's clear that team simply wasn't that good.

incredibly weak was this postseason.

2005, 2006, and 2007 all had tons of playoff drama and some healthy, great teams going to work. That 05 spurs team is an all-time great, period, and the 07 one would dominate every team but LA in this particular postseason.

This postseason we have far too many injuries for real seriousness, this was an easily forgettable playoffs. It was 70/30 between LA and LeBron from Game 1.

Gino
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
incredibly weak was this postseason.

2005, 2006, and 2007 all had tons of playoff drama and some healthy, great teams going to work. That 05 spurs team is an all-time great, period, and the 07 one would dominate every team but LA in this particular postseason.

This postseason we have far too many injuries for real seriousness, this was an easily forgettable playoffs. It was 70/30 between LA and LeBron from Game 1.

I agree. Thats the whole point of this thread. The Lakers dont have to beat a single championship caliber team to win the title.

If any of the teams the Lakers have played won the title this year (Utah, Houston, Devner or Orlando), there would be a huge outcry of dis-belief!

Even the 2006 Heat were more capable than these teams.

Gino
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
That's not what I'm arguing, you're trying to imply that that Laker team that lost to the Suns is somehow not that far off from this Laker team, which is total bullshit. Gasol, Ariza, Fisher all make a huge difference.

First you argue Kobe has done nothing and all the other guys have lead him to this title, now you try and say that this current Laker team isn't that far off from the 07 team, you can't have it both ways.

No, Im saying that 07 Lakers team had a decent amount of talent but that 2007 Suns team still curb-stomped them.

The additions of Gasol, Fisher and Ariza were enough to compensate Kobe's inability to make good decisions (see game 2) when it matter most.

Specifically Gasol and Odom.

That doesnt mean that the 2007 Phoenix Suns wouldnt destroy any team the Lakers have faced this year or that the Lakers are able to win despite Kobe's poor play (8 assits, 7 turnovers, poor shooting percentage etc).

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
:lmao at all the Laker fans still falling for Gino aka Mav fan's schtick. He's just doing this to rile you up.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
:lmao at all the Laker fans still falling for Gino aka Mav fan's schtick. He's just doing this to rile you up.

Gino...the bandwagoning fucktard is really a Mavs fans? that explains it.

KSeal
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM

This is nowhere close to being true. That Laker team went 42-40, this years Laker team went 65-17. That right there kills your bullshit "they're essentially the same team" argument. Yes there were some of the same players on that team (much younger and yet to become true contributers) then you just brush off Gasol wasn't there, yeah that guy helps just a little, fucking moron.

Really? Rafer wasn't playing good at all? Courtney Lee and Peitrus weren't playing well at all?

Once again your bullshitting and stating things that aren't true at all to make your biased bullshit seem legit when it's complete bullshit.

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
No, Im saying that 07 Lakers team had a decent amount of talent but that 2007 Suns team still curb-stomped them.

The additions of Gasol, Fisher and Ariza were enough to compensate Kobe's inability to make good decisions (see game 2) when it matter most.

Specifically Gasol and Odom.

That doesnt mean that the 2007 Phoenix Suns wouldnt destroy any team the Lakers have faced this year or that the Lakers are able to win despite Kobe's poor play (8 assits, 7 turnovers, poor shooting percentage etc).

Want to bring back up my awesome post since Laker fans are capable of refuting it. They just like to use cool words like "fucktard".

KSeal
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'm done. This Gino fuck is a complete nut case.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Like i said...where was all this Odom praise and gasol praise before this year. lol

Gino thinks Gasol and Odom are top 10 all time NBA players. Anyone can take those two to the finals!! LOL! oh and add Fisher and its an instant ring right? LOL!

fucktard

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Really? Rafer wasn't playing good at all? Courtney Lee and Peitrus weren't playing well at all?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Lets see....Spurs had Tony Parker and Ginobili. Suns had Nash and Raja bell. Mavericks had Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse (Mavs fans could correct me if Im mistaken there), Miami had Dwane Wade. Detroit had Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton. Boston had Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen.

And you want to tell me that Orlando has a point guard and shooting guard with Courney Lee and Peitrus?

Are you fucking kidding me?

WHO?!!!!!!

End the thread right here. This is the dumbest fan base in the history of sports.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Lets see....Spurs had Tony Parker and Ginobili. Suns had Nash and Raja bell. Mavericks had Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse (Mavs fans could correct me if Im mistaken there), Miami had Dwane Wade. Detroit had Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton. Boston had Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen.

And you want to tell me that Orlando has a point guard and shooting guard with Courney Lee and Peitrus?

Are you fucking kidding me?

WHO?!!!!!!

End the thread right here. This is the dumbest fan base in the history of sports.

yah Orlando does sucks....they suck so bad they beat the defending champs. lol.

BTW add Kobe to the celtics and they win then next 5 years. ;)

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Like i said...where was all this Odom praise and gasol praise before this year. lol

Gino thinks Gasol and Odom are top 10 all time NBA players. Anyone can take those two to the finals!! LOL! oh and add Fisher and its an instant ring right? LOL!

fucktard

No, I said take any of the top ten players in the league and add Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Ariza, Bynum etc. and they should be able to make it to the finals.

Its probably even larger than the top ten players.

You Lakers fans cant refute this point. Which one of those players cant make it to the finals with Kobe's team?

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
yah Orlando does sucks....they suck so bad they beat the defending champs. lol.

BTW add Kobe to the celtics and they win then next 5 years. ;)

Injuries will kill ya.

And adding Kobe to the Celtics would mean championships for the next five years. Pierce and KG would compensate for Kobe's poor decision making even better than Gasol and Odom do now. :toast

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:25 PM
No, I said take any of the top ten players in the league and add Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Ariza, Bynum etc. and they should be able to make it to the finals.

Its probably even larger than the top ten players.

You Lakers fans cant refute this point. Which one of those players cant make it to the finals with Kobe's team?

yah and i said probably only Lebron and Wade can do it. Sounds like i just refuted your point.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Injuries will kill ya.

And adding Kobe to the Celtics would mean championships for the next five years. Pierce and KG would compensate for Kobe's poor decision making even better than Gasol and Odom do now. :toast

ahhh...so in conclusion your jealous that we have Odom and Gasol. the best duo in sports history.

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
yah and i said probably only Lebron and Wade can do it. Sounds like i just refuted your point.

So replacing Kobe with Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Joe Johnson, Dirk, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams etc. wouldnt have produced the same result.

Why dont you just answer me in either of these threads instead of dodging the question in both?

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
ahhh...so in conclusion your jealous that we have Odom and Gasol. the best duo in sports history.

Not the most logical brain Ive ever come across.

No, I said Pierce and Garnett were better than Gasol and Odom.

I dont know where you came up with your conclusion.

But youre a Laker fan, you inherently an idiot. :lol

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
:lmao at all the other teams fans still falling for DrHouse aka coach of the Ass Pirates schtick. He's just doing this to rile you up.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
So replacing Kobe with Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Joe Johnson, Dirk, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams etc. wouldnt have produced the same result.

Why dont you just answer me in either of these threads instead of dodging the question in both?

no they wont. Theres your answer.

Gino
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
no they wont. Theres your answer.

Which proves you are a fucking moron.

Lets just take the first "Non-Lebron/Wade" example. Chris Paul.

Chris Paul is freaking stud. Leads the leage in assists. Awesome defense (how many games in a row did he have an assist?). Great shooter (much better percentage than Kobe).

And a great teammate.

22ppg, 11 apg, 2.8 steals per game. Over 50% shooting percentage.

Fucking stud!!

Youre telling me that you put him on the Lakers for Kobe and they cant beat Utah (without Okhur), that Yao-less Rockets, the Nuggets or Orlando?

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Which proves you are a fucking moron.

Lets just take the first "Non-Lebron/Wade" example. Chris Paul.

Chris Paul is freaking stud. Leads the leage in assists. Awesome defense (how many games in a row did he have an assist?). Great shooter (much better percentage than Kobe).

And a great teammate.

22ppg, 11 apg, 2.8 steals per game. Over 50% shooting percentage.

Fucking stud!!

Youre telling me that you put him on the Lakers for Kobe and they cant beat Utah (without Okhur), that Yao-less Rockets, the Nuggets or Orlando?

nope, they cant

Gino
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
nope, they cant

Really? Any specific opponent or just all of them?

pauls931
06-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Not the easiest path, Orlando is a tough opponent. LA is just that much better than everyone else this year.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Gino would be the last person I would call a Mav fan after they made him all butthurt in that one thread.

Gino
06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Gino would be the last person I would call a Mav fan after they made him all butthurt in that one thread.

Dont try to use logic with these Kobe homers.

They believe since I point out obvious flaws with the theory that Kobe has vindicated himself for so many failures means that I am a Mavericks fan.

I dont know how or why...dont try to make sense of it. Machine, Dr. House and KSteal are fucking morons.

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I think the "path to the championship" argument is lame. No one team has contol as to who they will play or when they will play. If you bust your a$$ during the regular season, maintain home court and go about your business beating teams your suppose to beat, then by virtue of that, YOU WANT TO HAVE AN EASY road to the finals. This is a ridiculous thread if I've ever seen one. You take any and all advantages that you can get. Plain and simple.

Trust me. ^ This does have some creedence. Really, it does.

The envy on this thread is so thick you can slice it with a knife.

ginobili's bald spot
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Gino is the king of butthurt. He's like the katelyn Faber of Spurstalk.

Gino
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Trust me. ^ This does have some creedence. Really, it does.

The envy on this thread is so thick you can slice it with a knife.

False.

Its not envy, its reality. The theme of this thread is "Laker fans: GET OVER YOURSELVES! YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BEAT ANYBODY!"

That doesnt mean its the Lakers fault, but the Lakers havent proven anything these playoffs other than Kobe needs to be saved by his teammates for his poor decision making and the Lakers lucked out.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Gino is the king of butthurt. He's like the katelyn Faber of Spurstalk.

That other thread was the king of all butthurt. You don't talk shit about the national anthem when Gino is around!

IronMexican
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Gino is a pasty white guy with a Boston accent.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
At least Gino isn't from Detroit. Then DrHouse would let him know about his $18k house.

Gino
06-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Gino is a pasty white guy with a Boston accent.

Let me guess. You dont actually live in LA, correct?

This gets back to the stereo-typical Laker fan.

Doesnt live anywhere near LA. Clings to successful sports franchises to compensate for his inferiority complex.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
lol

ginobili's bald spot
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
That other thread was the king of all butthurt. You don't talk shit about the national anthem when Gino is around!

I don't think the national anthem is that impressive. It's just lucky that not a lot of songs were around back then to challenge it. Truth is, you could replace it with any soulja boy song and it would still get the job done. The national anthem is just overrated by the media.

IronMexican
06-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Let me guess. You dont actually live in LA, correct?

This gets back to the stereo-typical Laker fan.

Doesnt live anywhere near LA. Clings to successful sports franchises to compensate for his inferiority complex.

Lived in South LA my whole life.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 01:58 PM
lol

Lived in South LA my whole life.

Preemptive lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I take it up the ass

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't think the national anthem is that impressive. It's just lucky that not a lot of songs were around back then to challenge it. Truth is, you could replace it with any soulja boy song and it would still get the job done. The national anthem is just overrated by the media.

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 02:16 PM

This is one of the dumbest sentences I've ever read.

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
False.

Its not envy, its reality. The theme of this thread is "Laker fans: GET OVER YOURSELVES! YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BEAT ANYBODY!"

That doesnt mean its the Lakers fault, but the Lakers havent proven anything these playoffs other than Kobe needs to be saved by his teammates for his poor decision making and the Lakers lucked out.

What do you mean by proven? I hate to play the part of Captain Obvious here but the Lakers are in the finals you know. What's anybody?
This is the NBA. All teams in the league, regardless of how their structured and through no fault of the players compete for the same prize year in,year out. How is it the Lakers fault or any team for that matter who they play regardless of how weak the team may seem to "Joe" fan?

As for Kobe; Well, he does blunder at times and does make poor decisions at times but you won't get an argument out of me on that one but teammates are there to bail you out last time I checked hence....team.

I am just trying real hard here to understand the "Lakers haven't beat anybody" concept. Quite perplexing if you ask me.

Gino
06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
This is one of the dumbest sentences I've ever read.

Im done with you, fool.

Youre as much a Suns fan as I am a Spurs fan.

Wait, check that. I actually respect the Spurs. I can say that they are a good team and they have good players.

I havent heard anything from you besides everyone on the Suns sans Shaq is worhtless and they are worst franchise in the history of sports.

Gino
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
What do you mean by proven? I hate to play the part of Captain Obvious here but the Lakers are in the finals you know. What's anybody?
This is the NBA. All teams in the league, regardless of how their structured and through no fault of the players compete for the same prize year in,year out. How is it the Lakers fault or any team for that matter who they play regardless of how weak the team may seem to "Joe" fan?

As for Kobe; Well, he does blunder at times and does make poor decisions at times but you won't get an argument out of me on that one but teammates are there to bail you out last time I checked hence....team.

I am just trying real hard here to understand the "Lakers haven't beat anybody" concept. Quite perplexing if you ask me.

ALL points you said are true. Thats been my point. Its not the Lakers fault that everyone else got injured, but Laker fans need to check the "Kobe proved himself" garbage.

The Lakers had to beat four mediocre teams and didnt look very good doing it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Im done with you, fool.

Wait, check that. I actually respect the Spurs. I can say that they are a good team and they have good players.

I havent heard anything from you besides everyone on the Suns sans Shaq is worhtless and they are worst franchise in the history of sports.

Go back to page two then homo.

ginobili's bald spot
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Im done with you, fool.

yet if he was saying good things about his team you would call him a homer, like you have been doing to lakerfans all day. Fuck consistency. Whatever suits your argument right gino?

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
yet if he was saying good things about his team you would call him a homer, like you have been doing to lakerfans all day. Fuck consistency. Whatever suits your argument right gino?

Like calling Spurs fans insecure when your avatar is of Ginobili :lol

Gino
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Go back to page two then homo.

Umm...okay:

On players you actually like:

Shaq, ponytail douche, Goran "White Magic" Dragic, and Jared Dudley.

Nice. Calling your own players that you "like" a "douche".

Here's you on your name:

Youre a fucking broken record about how much the Suns suck. No one gives a shit, dumbass.

LakeShow
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Lame thread

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice. Calling your own players that you "like" a "douche".

Listen homo don't talk about shit you don't know about. Dirk4mvp called him that and I was responding to his post so I jokingly called him ponytail douche.

ginobili's bald spot
06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Like calling Spurs fans insecure when your avatar is of Ginobili :lol

My screen name is a joke. Does it hurt your feeeelings? When do you see me talking shit about Manu? You don't. And you especially wouldn't see me go on a crusade making every post about him and how much he sucks. Why? Because I like him as a player. But lets not let facts get in the way. Besides what reason would I have to be insecure about Ginobili anyway?

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 02:46 PM
People calling Kobe a rapist is a joke. We all know he just cheated on his wife. Who makes their every post about the Lakers or Kobe? What reason would anyone have to be insecure about him anyways?

Spurs have Tim Duncan that is better so it is not like Spurs are suffering from envy?

Does it hurt your feelings if a Spurs fan comments on the Lakers on ST?

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Kobe can't win without Shaq.

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
ALL points you said are true. Thats been my point. Its not the Lakers fault that everyone else got injured, but Laker fans need to check the "Kobe proved himself" garbage.

The Lakers had to beat four mediocre teams and didnt look very good doing it.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we haven't beaten the Magic quite just yet. I guess if I had to pin-point my perplexion it would be the term "mediocre". Again, ALL these teams play in the NBA at which (and I am going on a limb here) 75-80% of all these teams can on any given night beat ANY team in the league. Your on the ball with the Houston series. That was a puzzle if I ever saw one. :wow but I would venture to say that Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando are maybe not top tier teams but competitive nonetheless and capable of beating your beloved Spurs and my beloved Lakers at any given time. I'll stick with you on the "Kobe proved himself" argument. I am a "team" kind of fan and the way I see it, it's the "Lakers proved themselves" line that I'll stick with.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
What I want to know is why can't Kobe do shit without Shaq?

dirk4mvp
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
lol ponytail douche

Gino
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we haven't beaten the Magic quite just yet. I guess if I had to pin-point my perplexion it would be the term "mediocre". Again, ALL these teams play in the NBA at which (and I am going on a limb here) 75-80% of all these teams can on any given night beat ANY team in the league. Your on the ball with the Houston series. That was a puzzle if I ever saw one. :wow but I would venture to say that Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando are maybe not top tier teams but competitive nonetheless and capable of beating your beloved Spurs and my beloved Lakers at any given time. I'll stick with you on the "Kobe proved himself" argument. I am a "team" kind of fan and the way I see it, it's the "Lakers proved themselves" line that I'll stick with.

:toast

Nothing to refute. I agree that none were top tier teams which hasnt happened..well....ever.

I disagree with the "proving" rhetoric, but I think that was started more by Dr. Douche.

DrHouse
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Why are we still talking about Kobe? He's a joke. Not a superstar, never done shit without Shaq.