PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances the Magic come back annd win the series???

carrao45
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
discuss

DPG21920
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
More ego stroking needed for Laker fans? Insecure? The answer is 0%. No chance.

Gino
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Pretty slim.

This Orlando team is led by a 22 year old Dwight Howard. They are a couple of years away from seriously contending.

quickerblade
06-08-2009, 10:17 PM
they need to win 4 out of 5, possible, but nah

LeBronMVPjames
06-08-2009, 10:17 PM
discuss

the whore-land-oh magic is done... LA Lakers 09 CHAMPS!!!

200 miles
06-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Please, Laker fans, please write off the Magic and hope that Kobe toys around with them before finishing them off. :hat

KSeal
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
There is definitely a chance. With the way the Magic can catch fire from the 3, and the way the Lakers usually have huge let downs multiple times in series. I wouldn't count them out, that's for sure.

DrHouse
06-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Pretty slim.

This Orlando team is led by a 22 year old Dwight Howard. They are a couple of years away from seriously contending.

And yet they bitch slapped your team in the deciding Game 7 on the road.

carrao45
06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
More ego stroking needed for Laker fans? Insecure? The answer is 0%. No chance.

no ego stroking. i honestly just wanted people's input

Ghazi
06-08-2009, 11:54 PM
10%

underdawg
06-08-2009, 11:56 PM
no ego stroking. i honestly just wanted people's input

I would argure against the "greeness" of the Magic - they're a good club and if they can figure out a way to get Howard to take advantage of his double teams, they could pose a serious problem the rest of the series. Right now, the Lakers have the more experienced and seemingly more skilled players but the Magic needs to expose LA's defense and run on them more.

MambaJuice2408
06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
discuss

Phil Jackson undefeated when he wins Game 1 in playoffs. No discussion needed

Rogue
06-09-2009, 12:41 AM
that is totally determined by the mind of David Stern.

Nahtanoj
06-09-2009, 12:45 AM
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/2353/wwddfw5.jpg

JamStone
06-09-2009, 01:25 AM
17.29583075604759237563%

Lakers999
06-09-2009, 01:35 AM
since everyone is too stupid to answer the question correctly....

the answer is 5.6% chance the Magic can comeback and win the series completely...

this is factoring the 2-0 series lakers lead
and...
this is factoring that the lakers have never lost more than 2 in a row all season long

1Parker1
06-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Barring an injury to a Kobe or Gasol, I'd say....0%

dbtbandit67
06-09-2009, 02:09 AM
30%

if anyone offers you 5:1 on your money, take it. as belligerent as these laker fans are, only a minority of them would match $5 for every $1 i'd bet with them, even at this point in time. forget the talk, if anyone wants to walk the walk on that, PM me.

spurscenter
06-09-2009, 02:43 AM
lakers are winning this in 6 games at home

GAME 3 MAGIC = Close win
Media: Magic on the ropes, can they make it a series bullshit (Im sure already edited and ready to air)

GAME 4 MAGIC blowout win
Media: Will talk about how both teams are even and it's anyone's series, blah blah. The brilliant Stan Van Gundy. etc. etc. I.e. Fools Gold

GAME 5 LAKERS Win
League: Set up for Lakers win at home (at least to give them 2 chances to close this at home in case Magic shoot lights out in Game 6 and force game 7)

GAME 6 LAKERS blowout
League: barring a Magic cant miss shooting display, the Lakers will win by 20

ABC cuts to

Phil jackson segments passing Red. Vintage footage of him with the Knicks, blah blah blah.

Trophy presentation in L.A. is better visually than in Orlando: in other words,

Celebrities jumping up and down = Huge TV ratings (Tiger Woods just doesn't sound as exciting, plus he belongs to CBS)

Kobe Crying holding his wife he cheated on 6 days after having their first daugther, calling him the next Michael Jordan (probably because they both are experts at extra marital affairs)

Somehow Shaq will be involved in the presentation.

Big City, big Market celebration, good for business and easier for production as ESPN studios are now across the street from Staples. lol

Jordan Farmer / Ariza tribute videos because they need to remind fans the Lakers have other players.

Jerry West named MVP because of his collusion with Memphis and the Pau gasol trade.

Did I mention celebrities and $16,000 seats?

Lakers999
06-09-2009, 03:28 AM

GAME 3 MAGIC = Close win
Media: Magic on the ropes, can they make it a series bullshit (Im sure already edited and ready to air)

GAME 4 MAGIC blowout win
Media: Will talk about how both teams are even and it's anyone's series, blah blah. The brilliant Stan Van Gundy. etc. etc. I.e. Fools Gold

GAME 5 LAKERS Win
League: Set up for Lakers win at home (at least to give them 2 chances to close this at home in case Magic shoot lights out in Game 6 and force game 7)

GAME 6 LAKERS blowout

ABC cuts to

Phil jackson segments passing Red. Vintage footage of him with the Knicks, blah blah blah.

Celebrities jumping up and down = Huge TV ratings (Tiger Woods just doesn't sound as exciting, plus he belongs to CBS)

Kobe Crying holding his wife he cheated on 6 days after having their first daugther, calling him the next Michael Jordan (probably because they both are experts at extra marital affairs)

Big City, big Market celebration, good for business and easier for production as ESPN studios are now across the street from Staples. lol

Jordan Farmer / Ariza tribute videos because they need to remind fans the Lakers have other players.

Jerry West named MVP because of his collusion with Memphis and the Pau gasol trade.

you are what they call a "dumbfuck"

Chillen
06-09-2009, 03:58 AM
They have to win all 3 home games or at least 2 of them and that is the only way. We'll see.

baseline bum
06-09-2009, 04:21 AM
2%.

timtonymanu
06-09-2009, 05:15 AM
let's see Panic Van Gundy is the coach for Magic.
Magic's point guards have sucked this series thanks to Nelson playing.
Howard can't score shit against Gasol.
Orlando shoots too many 3's.
Kobe's determined to win.
LA's up 2-0.
Odom looks really productive in the Finals.

I say the Magic have a 20% chance.

ratm1221
06-09-2009, 07:47 AM
It's going to be hard for the Magic to win playing 5 on 8. Most one sided officiating I've seen since 2006.

And what's up with the ESPN suck fest for the Lakers. I have to mute the TV to watch.

TheManFromAcme
06-09-2009, 08:13 AM

GAME 3 MAGIC = Close win

GAME 4 MAGIC blowout win

GAME 5 LAKERS Win

GAME 6 LAKERS blowout

ABC cuts to

:lol Pretty dang funny.

But a little part of me, aside from my Laker loyalty, tells me that that's how it will be played out. The Lakers are what they are; A team located at the epicenter of controversy and in a city that craves and loves it. Gotta love it.

Yuixafun
06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Spurscenter been fucking with that crystal ball again. He's probably right.

Unless Shredder pours some mutagen on the Magic.

Allanon
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
And what's up with the ESPN suck fest for the Lakers. I have to mute the TV to watch.

Broadcasters/Analysts will suck up to whomever is winning the game. If the Magic were winning, we'd be hearing about how Kobe is taking bad shots, Pau is soft, Odom inconsistent, etc, etc. And of course, you'd have the Superman music all the time and how Turkoglu is the Turkish MJ.

It would be really weird hyping up a losing team. ABC is just waiting on the Magic to win a game and you'll see the lovefest.

Gino
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Broadcasters/Analysts will suck up to whomever is winning the game. If the Magic were winning, we'd be hearing about how Kobe is taking bad shots, Pau is soft, Odom inconsistent, etc, etc. And of course, you'd have the Superman music all the time and how Turkoglu is the Turkish MJ.

It would be really weird hyping up a losing team. ABC is just waiting on the Magic to win a game and you'll see the lovefest.

Not true.

The last game went back and forth and it was a Lakers love-fest the entire game.

Allanon
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Not true.

The last game went back and forth and it was a Lakers love-fest the entire game.

That's because the Magic still haven't won and were blown out in game 1. The key is winning...if they win, they'll get their lovefest.

If the Magic continue to lose, it's all about the Lakers.

TampaDude
06-09-2009, 05:20 PM
No chance. None. Lakers will sweep.

spurscenter
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
you are what they call a "dumbfuck"

like i said

GAME 3 MAGIC = Close win CHECK
Media: Magic on the ropes, can they make it a series bullshit (Im sure already edited and ready to air) CHECK

GAME 4 MAGIC blowout win

GAME 5 LAKERS Win

GAME 6 LAKERS blowout

TJastal
06-10-2009, 01:05 AM

GAME 3 MAGIC = Close win

GAME 4 MAGIC blowout win

GAME 5 LAKERS Win

GAME 6 LAKERS blowout

I agree up to Game 5.. magic will win that game and take a 3-2 lead heading back to LA, where Orlando will prevail in the 7th game, Kobe chokes the 4th quarter like he did tonight.

lil_penny
06-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Roughly 32.6%

Chillen
06-10-2009, 01:25 AM
They won Game 3, it got close at the end, but in order to have a shot at winning the series in LA they have to win both remaining home games. If the Lakers win 1 game in Orlando, they are toast more than likely.

TJastal
06-10-2009, 01:53 AM
They won Game 3, it got close at the end, but in order to have a shot at winning the series in LA they have to win both remaining home games. If the Lakers win 1 game in Orlando, they are toast more than likely.

ya think?

spurscenter
06-10-2009, 02:05 AM
I agree up to Game 5.. magic will win that game and take a 3-2 lead heading back to LA, where Orlando will prevail in the 7th game, Kobe chokes the 4th quarter like he did tonight.

I think Game 5 will be Lakers vs Kings game 6 all over again

Some bullshit to make sure Lakers go home 3 to 2 in order for them to secure the title at home and have 2 chances IN CASE Orlando gets so hot in Game 6, the refs cant do anything about it.

They will still have Game 7 or should I say 2 chances to assist the Lakers .

ChrisRichards
06-10-2009, 02:19 AM
magic can easily win the series. imo had the refs called game 2 fairly it would;ve been 2-1 Orlando

Ghazi
06-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Fuckin Heat fan bringin up the refs

get the FUCK out FGT

1Parker1
06-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Still think Magic have a ZERO % chance of winning this thing. They get very easily discombobulated in crunch time with their offense. Kobe missed shots he normally would make in the 4th and the Magic were able to steal one.

ChrisRichards
06-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Fuckin Heat fan bringin up the refs

get the FUCK out FGT
why are you so upset that we won the title sir? is it our fault, dirk can't come up during clutch?:king

Ghazi
06-10-2009, 03:43 AM
1 ring FAGGOT

spurscenter
06-11-2009, 09:32 PM
http://thehype.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/kobe-bryant.jpg