PDA

View Full Version : I pissed off my neighbor who runs Tree & Lawn Service.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 01:20 PM
He had asked if we wanted our trees trimmed for $400 and I said no thank you and today a truck full of vatos came by and told me they would do it for $175 so I said yes. Well the neighbor stood out in front of his garage and just glared at me while I was talking to them and then stood there and watched the whole time they did their job. They stacked up all the trimmings ready for the brush pickup and raked the yard and left.
I don't think he is a happy camper....but I am.
Am I a bad neighbor?

manufan10
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
For $400, he was robbing you. A good neighbor would have given you some sort of deal. You did the right thing. :tu

td4mvp21
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Uhhhh no. You're neighbor is just being butthurt. It was $225 cheaper so I don't blame you at all. If he asks, tell him the price difference.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be over later and ask how much I paid.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
You're not a bad neighbor, but be careful of him sneaking over in the middle of the night and planting a bunch of huge healthy trees in your yard as revenge.

JudynTX
06-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Just give him a sack, he'll get over it. :D

InRareForm
06-09-2009, 01:25 PM
smart shopper!

mrsmaalox
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM
He's just pissed cuz he has some twisted idea that you should have some kind of loyalty to him because you are neighbors . If you ever talk to him about it, he'll have no choice but to admit you did the right thing :tu

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I think he is critiquing the job they did because he's outside talking to his wife and pointing at our house. I'm about to go out and pickup the mail...

bus driver
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
smart shopper!

+1

lebomb
06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
ehhhhhh, maybe you should have told your neighbor the vatos are gonna do the job for $175...............maybe your neighbor would have dropped to $150

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
ehhhhhh, maybe you should have told your neighbor the vatos are gonna do the job for $175...............maybe your neighbor would have dropped to $150

I'm sure the vatos would have matched his offer.

I just talked to him and he said it was a good deal but then said "they could have done a better job and trimmed here and cut there.." but I told him I was happy. Thing is that the vatos did two more houses down the street as well. They also gave me their card, which was a piece of scrap paper, and told me they'd give me a good deal to the trees in the backyard as well.
I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-09-2009, 01:47 PM
capitalism 101

Wild Cobra
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Well, unless I know the 'vato' work crew was legal, I wouldn't have used that service. You know what the likelihood is of them being legal workers is?

Shame on you for depriving Americans of work in this economy and paying illegal aliens.

Think of all the bad things he can tell his friends now about you too.

BlackSwordsMan
06-09-2009, 02:01 PM
you just gave money to terrorist

La Migra
06-09-2009, 02:03 PM
well, unless i know the 'vato' work crew was legal, i wouldn't have used that service. You know what the likelihood is of them being legal workers is?

Shame on you for depriving americans of work in this economy and paying illegal aliens.

+1

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, unless I know the 'vato' work crew was legal, I wouldn't have used that service. You know what the likelihood is of them being legal workers is?

Shame on you for depriving Americans of work in this economy and paying illegal aliens.

Well, he did have an official "Ruben Zapata Tree Service" sign on the side of his truck and he spoke English but I threw out some Spanglish to seal the deal. :tu
I wouldn't have cared if they were from Yugoslavia as long as they did the job for a fair price.
Damn...am I now a bad American too!?!? :bang

SnakeBoy
06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
The vato's usually do better work. A friend of mine owns a fencing company and has tried to use white boys. He's never had one last more than 2 days.

td4mvp21
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah you're neighbor is definitely butthurt if he's pointing out all the "mistakes" they made.

MiamiHeat
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
JOE CHALUPA SUPPORTS OUTSOURCING AMERICAN JOBS!!!

He steals american jobs and gives them to illegal immigrants, who no doubt send the money back to mexico!

JoeChalupa, you are not behaving like an american!

ididnotnothat
06-09-2009, 03:05 PM

He steals american jobs and gives them to illegal immigrants, who no doubt send the money back to mexico!

Let's see, same job for less....sounds to me like the American way.

S_A_Longhorn
06-09-2009, 03:15 PM

Sounds like a Fox News O'Reilly or Hannity promo.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Sounds like a Fox News O'Reilly or Hannity promo.

:lmao

MiamiHeat
06-09-2009, 03:35 PM
lol ;p

jack sommerset
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Never do business with friends or neighbors.

Laker Lanny
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Your neighbor should be pissed you took over 8 years to finally trim your trees. Now the fence?

resistanze
06-09-2009, 03:41 PM
You'd think he'd hook you up, being your neighbor and all.

Definitely butthurt.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Never do business with friends or neighbors.

I've learned that the hard way. :tu

MiamiHeat
06-09-2009, 05:01 PM
JoeChalupa,

outsourcer of american jobs.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 05:04 PM
JoeChalupa,

outsourcer of american jobs.

:lmao Just because I said they were vatos that means they were illegals? :lmao I'll give the work to anyone who wants to do it.

MiamiHeat
06-09-2009, 05:05 PM
lol

mrsmaalox
06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, he did have an official "Ruben Zapata Tree Service" sign on the side of his truck and he spoke English but I threw out some Spanglish to seal the deal. :tu
I wouldn't have cared if they were from Yugoslavia as long as they did the job for a fair price.

Naw, with that sign on the truck you had no reason to suspect he was illegal. You dealt in good faith. But no matter what he was Joe, tonight some family is having a hot meal and a guy is throwing back a couple of cold ones with the vatos! You are a great American Joe! ;)

koriwhat
06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
joe you got ripped off! it should've only cost you a 6-12 pack of the dirtiest beer you can find.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
joe you got ripped off! it should've only cost you a 6-12 pack of the dirtiest beer you can find.

And a 12-pack of Big Red

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Naw, with that sign on the truck you had no reason to suspect he was illegal. You dealt in good faith. But no matter what he was Joe, tonight some family is having a hot meal and a guy is throwing back a couple of cold ones with the vatos! You are a great American Joe! ;)

I feel like one today.

MiamiHeat
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
it's definitely interesting.

Help illegal aliens who suck money out of the american economy and send it back to mexico, drain police, education, and medical resources illegally, hurting us

while on the other hand

helping them makes you feel good cause they are so poor.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Help illegal aliens who suck money out of the american economy and send it back to mexico, drain police, education, and medical resources illegally, hurting us

while on the other hand

I've never really taken into account all the political BS when it comes to something like this. Maybe you are just joking about this you but you seem to feel that anyone Hispanic or Latino is an illegal alien.
I guess I'd better not ever ask you for a job because you'd be calling immigration on my ass.

JoeChalupa
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
My conscience is clear. :tu

2Blonde
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sure the vatos would have matched his offer.

I just talked to him and he said it was a good deal but then said "they could have done a better job and trimmed here and cut there.." but I told him I was happy. Thing is that the vatos did two more houses down the street as well. They also gave me their card, which was a piece of scrap paper, and told me they'd give me a good deal to the trees in the backyard as well.
I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy!!!

I was going to comment after reading your first post that he will probably have a backhanded compliment/slam of their work but you beat me too it? :lol It's always funny how someone who didn't get what they want manage to tell us all about how much better they would have done it.

Twisted_Dawg
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I bet if you owned an auto detailing business and he declined your offer to detail his car for $275........and then he got a vato to do it for $75.00, he would laugh all the way to the bank.

And why are we calling these guys vatos???

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
fuck ur neighbor, you shouldve given him the job and report him to IRS he didnt disclose the job he did for you on the books, then gets audited :D

jman3000
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Wise Latino men, with the richness of their experiences, are prone to undercut higher charging entities.

Good for them.

Kori Ellis
06-09-2009, 09:25 PM
We really need someone to trim the tree in our backyard. It's a monstrosity.

Oh and congrats Joe on getting a good deal. :tu

Blue Jew
06-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Help illegal aliens who suck money out of the american economy and send it back to mexico,

Why send money to Mexico most Mexicans have all their loved ones here already.

drain police, education, and medical resources illegally, hurting us

while on the other handThey have to buy gas right? They need to buy equipment right? They need to have valid plates and inspection stickers on their vehicles right? They eat at bill Millers and they used the city dump all of those things cost money. Money that would be spent by anyone else who does tree trimming. weather they are from Mexico or Canada it's still the same work being done who's going to do it, your kids that are going to school at UTSA?

I'm sure that is every parents dream for their kid to be a tree trimmer.

Unlike the poor fat Latin girl with 5 kids living in the courts on welfare and draining our medical system and benefits. or the rich white fuck who works for Haliburton and charges the troops 40.00 dollars for a six pack of Pepsi? Let me guess...they all get a pass right?

SnakeBoy
06-10-2009, 01:25 AM

I think it was them making him less poor that made him feel good.

Wild Cobra
06-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I don't care where they are from either, but that was a really large difference in price, and is suspicious. You paid $175 for how many man-hours of work? With licensing fees, bonding, insurance, etc. for a legal business...

No doubt, they were operating illegal and probably illegal aliens as well if the job took more than about 7 or 8 man hours of work. Very likely if it was only 5 man hours of work.

As for doing business with a neighbor, I agree, never with a friend, relative, or neighbor for money.

JoeChalupa
06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't care where they are from either, but that was a really large difference in price, and is suspicious. You paid $175 for how many man-hours of work? With licensing fees, bonding, insurance, etc. for a legal business...

No doubt, they were operating illegal and probably illegal aliens as well if the job took more than about 7 or 8 man hours of work. Very likely if it was only 5 man hours of work.

As for doing business with a neighbor, I agree, never with a friend, relative, or neighbor for money.

You have no proof that they were operating illegal or they were illegal aliens. Now granted I have no proof that they weren't but I didn't get the sense that they were illegal aliens. And yes, I do have that special sense.
The job was done in 45 minutes.
And yes, I will be calling them to do our trees in the backyard. :tu

SpursWoman
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I think it was them making him less poor that made him feel good.

:tu :lol

JoeChalupa
06-10-2009, 08:03 AM
That was a good one. :lmao

JoeChalupa
06-10-2009, 08:04 AM
And saving money always makes me feel good.

step up to the mike
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Now that your tree is trimmed you may want to stop walking around your house in your dirty skid mark boxers and wife beater. Have some consideration for your neighbors step up to the mike and close the shades! :tu

tlongII
06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I've never really taken into account all the political BS when it comes to something like this. Maybe you are just joking about this you but you seem to feel that anyone Hispanic or Latino is an illegal alien.
I guess I'd better not ever ask you for a job because you'd be calling immigration on my ass.

Why would you be worried about that? Are you an illegal?

JoeChalupa
06-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Why would you be worried about that? Are you an illegal?

From some of the responses it seems like some think anyone Hispanic is an illegal alien.
And no, I am not an illegal alien.

mrose31
06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I doubt your neighbor would have done it himself. He probably just hires some other vatos to do the work for 175 and then takes the extra 225 for himself. If you lucky he might even claim most of the income for taxes.

Don't feel bad sounds like you have the makings of becoming a CEO:lol.

LnGrrrR
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM

Does patriotism > capitalism? :D

Bukefal
06-10-2009, 01:02 PM
nope, why? You just chose the cheaper way. Everyone would do that.

Phenomanul
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Someone hit my car while it was parked outside of the Mall last October...

The estimate here came back at $1,500 and had I gone through with the repairs it would have hiked my insurance rates...

In February I took my car to Mexico and got it completely repaired for $150... and that's including the gas money for the round trip. :wow They even added a diamond coat to the car's entire paint coat for an additional $60; buffed to a new car shine. Contrary to popular belief they didn't switch out my speakers, sound system, catalytic converter, air bags or any other pricey car item... they just did a heck of a job...

A deal is a deal no matter what the circumstances....

koriwhat
06-10-2009, 02:12 PM

while on the other hand

blah blah blah... shut up already.

marini martini
06-10-2009, 02:14 PM
The Few, The Proud, The Marines!!!

Semper Fi, Joe:toast

koriwhat
06-10-2009, 02:16 PM
i love MX!

Oh, Gee!!
06-10-2009, 02:20 PM

why should he presume one way or the other? he's not ICE.

JudynTX
06-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey Joe,

We hired those same vatos to cut down my mother's tree, since the city brush pick-up is this week. :tu :tu

Was it 4 guys? One old man who wore a cowboy hat? :lol

They did a good job, coming back next week to trim the backyard trees. :wakeup

leemajors
06-15-2009, 08:11 AM
i hope they weren't trimming any oak trees. makes then susceptible to wilt :/

JoeChalupa
06-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey Joe,

We hired those same vatos to cut down my mother's tree, since the city brush pick-up is this week. :tu :tu

Was it 4 guys? One old man who wore a cowboy hat? :lol

They did a good job, coming back next week to trim the backyard trees. :wakeup

:lmao No cowboy hat so probably different crew. Our brush pick-up is this week too. Then I'm off on vacation starting Friday at 5pm!! Whoohoo!!!

JudynTX
06-15-2009, 09:43 AM
:lmao No cowboy hat so probably different crew. Our brush pick-up is this week too. Then I'm off on vacation starting Friday at 5pm!! Whoohoo!!!

:lmao I immediately thought of you when we stopped to talk to them. They trimmed or cut down trees to about half the houses on that block. :lol $$$$$$$$$$$