PDA

View Full Version : Tim + Healty Manu + Still developing Parker = Back 2 Basics

antgomez2009
06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Ok, So i hear our very own Spur Fans talking about trading one of the big three, most notably Manu or Tony (Crazy if you think trading Tim will Benefit). I think thats just Absurd to think that some one like Lou Deng or some one of that caliber (Whoever the trade is for) could replace Manu instantly and make a huge impact like Manu. Manu had a looming injury, and because of his passion, love for the game and loyalty, it eventually got worse, especially after he got re-injured against the USA team in the Olympics(I knew after this it wasnt going to look good for the spurs in '08 - '09 season)! But i do think Manu is still that All-Star Caliber player, without all the Drama, and does not have a big ego (Allows him to accept that six man role). But with a healthy Manu, meaning, making clutch freethrows, Slashing harder to the hoop, shooting 3's, picking and causing loose balls; And a still developing Tony Parker (because this guy has improved every year he has been in the league) and a leader,Future HOF, Legend in Tim Duncan the SPURS are destined to get back to full form with of course a good/great supporting cast.

I'm not ready to start rebuilding, these Three guys have taken us to the promise land a few times, and gave us Spurs Fans a reason to "Fiesta":toast during their championship wins!

Cmon guys, a little more respect for the big three. The 08-09 season hasnt even ended yet, and people are writing off the Spurs if they dont make a big move like trade Tony or Manu. Now its not a horrible IDEA, but it sure aint the best for the Spurs, especially, if they are trying to win it all next year!

When Manu went down, the Spurs just didnt lose a great player! Yet, they also lost the Passion on the Floor, Offense when it wasnt coming from any where else, and another weapon to close games (the other TIM).

So like i said, make moves to complimant the Big Three, dont Shred them to bring a non-Proven veteran like Vince Carter.

With Timmy at the Helm, Tony still getting better, Manu getting fully healthy, and a good/great supporting cast(if that means adding or trading someone other than the big three, then do it), the Spurs will be back in the Finals looking to reclaim this!!!!!!!!!!!! :lobt2::wgaf: I do, because im a SPUR till i D-I-E!

Oh, Gee!!
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
this will be a looooong offseason

urunobili
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM

:depressed

Dr. Gonzo
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Trading Parker is the best thing for the franchise.

da_suns_fan
06-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Trading Parker is the best thing for the franchise.

How?

ffadicted
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Amen to the thread. Trade expiring contracts and mason for a decent wing, land a solid FA big, and we're heavy contenders again (a man can dream lol).

But as others have mentioned... a long offseason is ahead of us :depressed

Ballcox
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm just waiting for the moron who starts the trade Tim thread. God I hate the off-season.:bang

Yuixafun
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
still need an elite perimeter defender

a big that plays defense, makes hustles plays and rebounds

a fearless gunslinger

and an enforcer

Dr. Gonzo
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Trade Tony for 1992 Jordan.

InRareForm
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
one more chance to go with the big 3 and improve the supporting cast, cross your fingers, live with the results :toast

Brazil
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Phenomanul
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Trade Tony for 1992 Jordan.

Dwayne Wade???

rascal
06-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Manu is not an all star caliber player. How many years has it been since he made his only all star appearance. He is below all star level but a very good player.

rascal
06-10-2009, 06:04 AM
The spurs have made moves to compliment the so called big 3 the last couple of years. Small moves won't work anymore. The lakers have become too much of a force with their size advantage and athleticism for the spurs.

The spurs need more of an impact player addition preferably on the frontline.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Manu is not an all star caliber player. How many years has it been since he made his only all star appearance. He is below all star level but a very good player.

Mo Williams was an all star this year. Does that make him a better player than Manu?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Our big three is as good as a RV and trailer salesman with anger issues?

Phenomanul
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM

How many sub-all-star caliber players landed on the list of the highest all-time winning percentage for games played in the NBA?

Manu is a winner... like Duncan.

Your consistent Manu bashing is based on nothing more than hate.

Thundaluva
06-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Durant + healthy Jeff Green + still developing Serge Ibaka = championship

rascal
06-10-2009, 01:36 PM
How many sub-all-star caliber players landed on the list of the highest all-time winning percentage for games played in the NBA?

Manu is a winner... like Duncan.

Your consistent Manu bashing is based on nothing more than hate.

What do I hate?

Phenomanul
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
What do I hate?

No need to constantly negate the obvious; that Manu has been an elemental key to the Spurs' success.

Calling him overrated and a sub-all-star player, belittles his worth to this franchise. You can't call yourself a fan, and despise one of it's greatest assets...

rascal
06-10-2009, 01:51 PM
No need to constantly negate the obvious; that Manu has been an elemental key to the Spurs' success.

Calling him overrated and a sub-all-star player, belittles his worth to this franchise. You can't call yourself a fan, and despise one of it's greatest assets...

He is over rated by the majority on this board and he is a sub all star.
Never once did I say I despise Manu.

ulosturedge
06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree with keeping the big 3 intact. I hope Timmy is recovering from his ailments as well. We need a "real" center and a solid small forward.

I have hopes in Mahinmi(lol) and hopefully we go after Ariza in the offseason. And w/e else the FO pull out of their hat which isn't usually much lol.

ducks
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
manu is only a one time allstar only
manu on the clippers would not make them contenders and therefore he would be a loser

manu has lost many games in the nba
rascal is right

Bukefal
06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
He is over rated by the majority on this board and he is a sub all star.
Never once did I say I despise Manu.

manu on the clippers would not make them contenders and therefore he would be a loser

manu has lost many games in the nba
rascal is right

+11111 :toast

And no! I don't hate Manu.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 04:18 PM

Tony Parker on the Clippers wouldn't make them contenders either. It's pretty remarkable that the Spurs were 7-3 this year when Parker was injured since Parker is apparently so amazing. Some of these Parker groupies are retarded.

antgomez2009
06-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Tony Parker on the Clippers wouldn't make them contenders either. It's pretty remarkable that the Spurs were 7-3 this year when Parker was injured since Parker is apparently so amazing. Some of these Parker groupies are retarded.

I think that no one person can make the Clippers Contenders!! not even the almighty Michael Jordan! The Clippers were just plain horrible, and it looked like half their team quit half way through the season!!

As for the Manu Issue, cmon guys, he goes to any other team other than Boston, Cavs and Lakers, and he Starts! The reason why he is not on the All Star game most of the time, is because he accepts the sixth man role. Mo Williams had to have 2 people get hurt and then get a big push from the Cavs organization to even get a spot on the roster! So you see its pretty difficult to make it in the All-star game, even when your Balling like Mo williams or Jason Terry do. And Either one of those guys can actually take their Country to win the Gold in the Olympics.

So people base Manu's game off of him not really being a starter, because if you think about it, IF he is the main focal point in an offense, and avgs like 33-35 mins a game, im sure he can put up more than 20 a game, get like 5 asst and like 5 rebs a game, with great FT % and being a pretty dam good clutch player, he makes the All-Star game, and people credit him as an allStar- you dont have to make the All-Star game to be an All-Star, just look at Jason Terry and Mike Bibby (when he was in Sacramento). Also, iverson was elected as an All-Star, do you consider him an all star this year! if you say yes, your just plain ignorant!

Yea, Manu got hurt, and he is injury prone, because the Style(onorthadox) of Basketball he plays (like none other), but him not resting the ankle was the worst thing he could of done! And the worst decision NBA wise was to go and play for his country on a bumm ankle!

However, if this guy is healthy, and he's ballling like he did in 2003, 2005 and 2008 years, and the core is together with a few young athletic sharp shooting bodies that they could sign or get in a trade; These guys will no doubt in my mind be at the top! they finished 3rd this year in the WEst, with out Manu for the Majority, and a bunch of old and new guys playing together for the first years ever. (Hill, Bonner (finally got some actual PT), Mason, Gooden!

:wgaf:I do, because im a SPUR till i D-I-E!!!!!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I think that no one person can make the Clippers Contenders!! not even the almighty Michael Jordan! The Clippers were just plain horrible, and it looked like half their team quit half way through the season!!

As for the Manu Issue, cmon guys, he goes to any other team other than Boston, Cavs and Lakers, and he Starts! The reason why he is not on the All Star game most of the time, is because he accepts the sixth man role. Mo Williams had to have 2 people get hurt and then get a big push from the Cavs organization to even get a spot on the roster! So you see its pretty difficult to make it in the All-star game, even when your Balling like Mo williams or Jason Terry do. And Either one of those guys can actually take their Country to win the Gold in the Olympics.

So people base Manu's game off of him not really being a starter, because if you think about it, IF he is the main focal point in an offense, and avgs like 33-35 mins a game, im sure he can put up more than 20 a game, get like 5 asst and like 5 rebs a game, with great FT % and being a pretty dam good clutch player, he makes the All-Star game, and people credit him as an allStar- you dont have to make the All-Star game to be an All-Star, just look at Jason Terry and Mike Bibby (when he was in Sacramento). Also, iverson was elected as an All-Star, do you consider him an all star this year! if you say yes, your just plain ignorant!

Yea, Manu got hurt, and he is injury prone, because the Style(onorthadox) of Basketball he plays (like none other), but him not resting the ankle was the worst thing he could of done! And the worst decision NBA wise was to go and play for his country on a bumm ankle!

However, if this guy is healthy, and he's ballling like he did in 2003, 2005 and 2008 years, and the core is together with a few young athletic sharp shooting bodies that they could sign or get in a trade; These guys will no doubt in my mind be at the top! they finished 3rd this year in the WEst, with out Manu for the Majority, and a bunch of old and new guys playing together for the first years ever. (Hill, Bonner (finally got some actual PT), Mason, Gooden!

:wgaf:I do, because im a SPUR till i D-I-E!!!!!!!!

Manu when healthy is one of the most efficient SG's in basketball, as far as efficiency at that position I can't think of a whole lot of SG's other than Kobe, Wade and Roy that are more efficient.

Chillen
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Spurs are not done like some have claimed. That 1st round exit could prove to be a good thing, Duncan and Parker get more rest, Ginobili fully heals, they will be back and tough to beat.

rascal
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Too small a sample size and the early part of the season the schedule was weak. The spurs would struggle to be a .500 team without Parker.

Ghazi
06-10-2009, 09:50 PM

I agree. He's an all-NBA caliber player.

rascal
06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
When he gets big minutes and puts up all star worthy numbers then I'll call him an all star until then he is a one time all star who can't get back there. His stats and minutes don't compare with the real all stars. He is over rated on this board.