PDA

View Full Version : Voight calls Obama a "false prophet"

Imposter
06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

:wow

clambake
06-09-2009, 07:27 PM
hell, i thought he was dead. good for him.

CubanSucks
06-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Git em Coach Bud Kilmer!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I expect quite a few dumb asses in here to come into this thread and start talking about how good Voight would be as a potential candidate...

mookie2001
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
jon voight?

the dentist?

i would say hes more of a deceiver

jack sommerset
06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Sweet speech. Perhaps more actors will come forward and speak the truth about Obama. I have a feeling alot donot because they want to keep working and the far left freaks run Hollywood.

lefty
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
jon voight?

the dentist?

i would say hes more of a deceiver

Who cares?

It was Jon Voigt's car :lol

Winehole23
06-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Cranky and clunky.

I thought the swingset set piece was either a senior moment, or else tin-eared and uber clunky.

FaithInOne
06-09-2009, 09:44 PM
The man made Angelina. God Bless Him.

George Gervin's Afro
06-10-2009, 08:13 AM
He did play a great Adoplf Rupp in Glory Road...

George Gervin's Afro
06-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Sweet speech. Perhaps more actors will come forward and speak the truth about Obama. I have a feeling alot donot because they want to keep working and the far left freaks run Hollywood.

I thought you guys didn't care what Hollywood actors said... they should keep their mouths shut according to most conservatives... what a hypocrite.

jack sommerset is the biggest hypocrite that I have ever crossed paths with in my 40 yrs..

GeorgeCostanza
06-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Who cares?

It was Jon Voigt's car :lol

George is getting upset!

sabar
06-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Compare the bite mark with one one on the pencil

JoeChalupa
06-10-2009, 08:33 AM
:lmao

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
now he'll use his assets and private army to try and overthrow our government

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I thought you guys didn't care what Hollywood actors said... they should keep their mouths shut according to most conservatives... what a hypocrite.

jack sommerset is the biggest hypocrite that I have ever crossed paths with in my 40 yrs..

Umm.. When did I say I didn't care what Hollywood actors say? Just curious.

Clandestino
06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
It was funny as hell though... big thing is... HE SPOKE THE TRUTH... Obama out trying to tame dictators and terrorists... don't waste your fucking time doing that shit.

George Gervin's Afro
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
It was funny as hell though... big thing is... HE SPOKE THE TRUTH... Obama out trying to tame dictators and terrorists... don't waste your fucking time doing that shit.

I agree, both Bush's and the conservative's approach worked so much better.

koriwhat
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
you mean the same voight who can't even get a "hello dad" phone call from his little girl? oh the same lame ass actor voight? ah i get it.

baseline bum
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Well, if you guys on the right are going to call him Jesus then it would logically follow that he'd also have to be a false prophet.

Winehole23
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
It was funny as hell though... big thing is... HE SPOKE THE TRUTH... Obama out trying to tame dictators and terrorists... don't waste your fucking time doing that shit.How Bush (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1901491,00.html?iid=tsmodule) did it.

Winehole23
06-10-2009, 01:52 PM
For a fleeting snack, Abu Jandal spilled the beans.

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I agree, both Bush's and the conservative's approach worked so much better.

:toast U finally are seeing getting rid of Saddam and the surge is a good thing. I am proud of you brother!

iggypop123
06-10-2009, 10:29 PM
he needs to go back to dancing

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 12:33 AM
you mean the same voight who can't even get a "hello dad" phone call from his little girl? oh the same lame ass actor voight? ah i get it.

:lmao WOW!!! You wanna explain this? There was one thing that I was sure of when I saw this thread and that was "well at least there won't be any debate over his acting skills". Look, I really have no interest in the political debate in this thread but I did wanna make sure no ignorant liberal dumbass came on just to rip on a guy with an Academy Award win and 3 more nominations (and none of them are even for Deliverance which is his best!). Just thought I'd put you in your place.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2009, 02:42 AM
So now we should listen to the political opinions of actors.

jman3000
06-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Jon Voight - Craig T. Nelson 2012!

LnGrrrR
06-11-2009, 09:07 AM

Yeah! Obama should just bomb them, like Reagan did!

jack sommerset
06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
:lmao WOW!!! You wanna explain this? There was one thing that I was sure of when I saw this thread and that was "well at least there won't be any debate over his acting skills". Look, I really have no interest in the political debate in this thread but I did wanna make sure no ignorant liberal dumbass came on just to rip on a guy with an Academy Award win and 3 more nominations (and none of them are even for Deliverance which is his best!). Just thought I'd put you in your place.

That's the Democratic way now a days. Rip anyone who thinks different from them. People that have common sense. It's a trend picking up momentum. You just don't listen to actors and actresses but if they have something good to say you listen to them like you would listen to anyone else. In this case Voight was dead on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2009, 09:25 AM
It's okay for Garofolo's ugly ass to call people who criticize Obama as racists, but it's not okay for Voigt to criticize the Messiah [/liberal HopenChangers]

Winehole23
06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
You're the only one who says so in this thread, AHF.

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 12:43 PM
It's okay for Garofolo's ugly ass to call people who criticize Obama as racists, but it's not okay for Voigt to criticize the Messiah [/liberal HopenChangers]

Talking about lack of talent

LnGrrrR
06-11-2009, 02:31 PM

Again, it's ok for anyone to say (nearly) anything they want. And it's ok for us to criticize them for it.

DarrinS
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Who cares what celebrities have to say about politics?

Huffington Post readers, that's who. Well, them, and the celebrities themselves.

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM

yeah and academy awards and nominations are worth a damn these days when you can't even find a good american movie in the last 20 yrs. give me a break!

dude was in national treasure... fuckin' sucked in it so you wanna tell me again why my opinion about his acting is way off or you wanna explain to me why you find his poor acting so great?

this guy sucks! i've watched plenty of his movies and i can honestly say i don't see academy award written on any of them.

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
That's the Republican way now a days. Rip anyone who thinks different from them. People that have common sense. It's a trend picking up momentum. You just don't listen to actors and actresses but if they have something good to say you listen to them like you would listen to anyone else. In this case Voight is still a POS.

let's see if i can fix this. ah that's better.

ps: yeah i voted for obama and kerry and gore. thing is i could give a shit less about any of those mentioned. i'm not democratic nor do i give a fuck about politics enough to choose sides. i simply chose that which isn't republican and pushed one button so my ass could get back home asap and smoke a bowl. fuck politics.

DarrinS
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Voight's performance in Anaconda was brilliant.

I still don't know WTF his accent was supposed to be.

Hard to believe he is Angelina Jolie's father.

LnGrrrR
06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Who cares what celebrities have to say about politics?

Huffington Post readers, that's who. Well, them, and the celebrities themselves.

Says the person who just made a post about Roseanna Barr's political views... :lol

jack sommerset
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I am unoriginal.

I know

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
^ shit... voight's unoriginal.

DarrinS
06-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Says the person who just made a post about Roseanna Barr's political views... :lol

To show what an idiot she is.

JohnnyMarzetti
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/voight-false-prophet.jpg

DarrinS
06-11-2009, 03:15 PM
^ Hey, that's pretty good.

Crookshanks
06-11-2009, 03:22 PM
let's see if i can fix this. ah that's better.

ps: yeah i voted for obama and kerry and gore. thing is i could give a shit less about any of those mentioned. i'm not democratic nor do i give a fuck about politics enough to choose sides. i simply chose that which isn't republican and pushed one button so my ass could get back home asap and smoke a bowl. fuck politics.

You are a big part of what's wrong with this country. People like you shouldn't vote.

clambake
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
nothing good comes from mexico

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
this guy sucks! i've watched plenty of his movies and i can honestly say i don't see academy award written on any of them.

Damn. Well if YOU say he sucks then I guess he really does suck. Damn

dude was in national treasure... fuckin' sucked in it so you wanna tell me again why my opinion about his acting is way off or you wanna explain to me why you find his poor acting so great?

I don't have to. That's what the awards are for!!!

yeah and academy awards and nominations are worth a damn these days when you can't even find a good american movie in the last 20 yrs. give me a break!

Really? The last 20 yrs? Do I really have to start naming movies or are you just ready to tap out now?

SnakeBoy
06-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Do I really have to start naming movies or are you just ready to tap out now?

You realize that it's mean to pick on retarded children right?

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Really? The last 20 yrs? Do I really have to start naming movies or are you just ready to tap out now?

name away. you might find one or two gems in the last 20 yrs. i'd be more inclined to look internationally but that's just me. brazil has some great work coming out of their studios as does france. here in the states, not in a long ass time!

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
You are a big part of what's wrong with this country. People like you shouldn't vote.

oh boo hoo... i vote because i don't wanna see your dumbass politicians take office regardless if i don't really care for those i vote for. a vote against the repubs is a vote i can stand behind.

ps: so people like me shouldn't vote? who the fuck are you?! for real though... the media bitches that people aren't out voting enough and here you are trying to sway me away from doing the bs "patriotic" thing to do? wtf! haha. who are you gonna vote for next so i can push that single button and eliminate your vote?

FromWayDowntown
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
It's lamentable that Voight wasn't more animated in reading his speech. It might have been a great opportunity to dub the words of the speech over various cuts of him playing Bud Kilmer with a crescendo to the "false prophet" statement -- sort of like the various versions of Hitler's meltdown in Der Untergang.

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
name away. you might find one or two gems in the last 20 yrs. i'd be more inclined to look internationally but that's just me. brazil has some great work coming out of their studios as does france. here in the states, not in a long ass time!

"no country for old men, there will be blood, the departed, all the lord of the rings, a beautiful mind, gladiator, american history x, fight club, american beauty, saving private ryan, good will hunting, titanic, fargo, braveheart, pulp fiction, toy story, shawshank redemtion, forrest gump, schindlers list, unforgiven, a few good men, silence of the lambs, goodfellas, dances with wolves, rain man"

But I'm sure these suck too in your mind huh? By the way, this is completely irrelevant but you wanted to change the argument by downing the Oscars and so I just ended that argument as well. Let's see how you divert the argument this time. :wakeup

Clandestino
06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
taliban out of power in afghanistan, saddamm out of power in iraq... yeah, bush did a great job. also, you didn't see north korea testing nukes every day under bush's watch...

ChumpDumper
06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
NK tested nukes while Bush watched, and the Taliban are still a threat -- in two countries now -- because Bush chose to occupy Iraq.

koriwhat
06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
"no country for old men, there will be blood, the departed, all the lord of the rings, a beautiful mind, gladiator, american history x, fight club, american beauty, saving private ryan, good will hunting, titanic, fargo, braveheart, pulp fiction, toy story, shawshank redemtion, forrest gump, schindlers list, unforgiven, a few good men, silence of the lambs, goodfellas, dances with wolves, rain man"

But I'm sure these suck too in your mind huh? By the way, this is completely irrelevant but you wanted to change the argument by downing the Oscars and so I just ended that argument as well. Let's see how you divert the argument this time. :wakeup

great... you can name movies. wow! doesn't mean the dude was awesome in them. dude sucks in my opinion and in yours he's great. awesome! i still don't give a fuck about that shitty actor.

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
great... you can name movies. wow! doesn't mean the dude was awesome in them. dude sucks in my opinion and in yours he's great. awesome! i still don't give a fuck about that shitty actor.

He's not in any of those movies dumbass. The only reason for that post was to show you classic American movies over the last 20 years since apparentely you thought there were none. And as far as the original debate (jon voight's acting skills), the difference between you and I is that I can back up my statements with the most prestigious award in acting. YOUR opinion is just...well...your opinion.

By the way, how old are you? If you say anything above 12 I honestly won't believe you.

jack sommerset
06-11-2009, 08:44 PM
He's not in any of those movies dumbass. The only reason for that post was to show you classic American movies over the last 20 years since apparentely you thought there were none. And as far as the original debate (jon voight's acting skills), the difference between you and I is that I can back up my statements with the most prestigious award in acting. YOUR opinion is just...well...your opinion.

By the way, how old are you? If you say anything above 12 I honestly won't believe you.

:lol