PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

1Parker1
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Anyone every try this diet? My co-worker started this diet today and was telling me about it...I'd never even heard of it before and was somewhat skeptic. Apparently you mix in about 2-3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with Water in the mornings and drink this...it's supposed to increase your metabolism and curb hunger. I actually started laughing when she told me this, but then she said a lot of her friends do this diet before "bikini season" and apparently its supposed to flatten your tummy too. Don't ask how...:lol

Anyways, anyone ever try this? Or any other crazy "diet fads?" Just seems to me there are so many gimmicks out there and the best way still is to just exercise and eat semi-healthy.

Strike
06-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Also a good way to keep acid reflux under control without pills.

Whether or not it works as an appetite suppressant and/or metabolism boost, no idea. Exercise and proper diet is still number one.

exstatic
06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
If it were that easy, no one would still be fat. There are only two things to do to lose weight: cut intake, and increase physical activity.

Strike
06-09-2009, 09:36 PM
If it were that easy, no one would still be fat. There are only two things to do to lose weight: cut intake, and increase physical activity.

+1

Quite simple. Burn more calories than you take in. Not exactly rocket science. But some people are just too lazy to put in the work.

Shelly
06-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Also a good way to keep acid reflux under control without pills.

Whether or not it works as an appetite suppressant and/or metabolism boost, no idea. Exercise and proper diet is still number one.

Or it can make it worse. Some people swear by ACV, others say it made it worse. Anything that my kid has tried naturally to help with his GERD has failed.

1P1, sadly it all comes down to diet and exercise :cuss

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM

do meth it kills fat while killin you :D

Vinnie_Johnson
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
My Mom does this crazy Cabbage soup diet. She makes this big batch of it and eats it for a whole week. Crazy shit.

pawe
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM
My wife did the apple cider vinegar diet for 5 months..a shot glass every morning and she lost weight (from 119 to 103). She was also doing 1 hr of stationary bike as her main workout routine everyday. Being Asian, she cant veer away from rice for lunch and dinner like 1 cup serving but no sodas or sweets though.

Wild Cobra
06-10-2009, 04:36 AM
I don't know the truth of the matter, but my understanding is that the Apple Cider Vinegar first, must be unpasteurized. It has something to do with the enzymes in it balancing out the biological life in the intestines, and curbing how the calories are absorbed. If it's pasteurized, the necessary enzymes are killed, and it doesn't do much.