PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 4 update

lefty
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ca/mov/yc_movies.gif

Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,' Villain To Be Chosen Soon
by Access Hollywood June 8, 2009

NEW YORK, New York -- Kirsten Dunst will return as Mary Jane Watson, "Spider-Man 4" producer Todd Black told the New York Post.

The star will rejoin director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker's love interest in the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise, which is slated for May 6, 2011.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Kirsten Dunst >>

However, don't expect wedding bells for Mary Jane and Peter - Black told the newspaper that he was unaware of such a subplot. At the close of "Spider-Man 3," the two had an emotional - but ambiguous - reunion after the film's events drove the lovers apart.

Additionally, Black hinted at the film's villain, shooting down online rumors that pegged comic book character Morbius the Living Vampire as the latest member of Spidey's rogue gallery.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Spider-Man 3' World Premiere in Tokyo >>

Instead, the producer told the Post that the villain had a significant connection to the Big Apple.

"We're just coming up with who the villain is now," he said. "We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

In past films, Spider-Man has faced off with the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Venom and Sandman, leaving a number of famous villains who could make their silver screen debut in "Spider-Man 4."
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Spider-Man 3' >>

Among the popular options are Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, the Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Venom offspring Carnage and the Lizard, whose human alter-ego, Dr. Curt Connors, had a role in the previous two movies.

Another potential foe could be New York crime boss the Kingpin - however, the character appeared in 20th Century Fox's "Daredevil" and would likely require a rights acquisition by Sony Pictures.

But the crime lord would give the film a New York connection - and would also be Access Hollywood film critic Scott Mantz's top choice.

"The Kingpin is grounded in reality, and that's the appeal of Spider-Man," Mantz said, adding another suggestion to the mix - femme fatale the Black Cat. "I'd like to see the Kingpin and the Black Cat, to stir the pot with Peter's relationship with Mary Jane."

theInternet
06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107372

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2009, 10:28 PM
prefer venom + carnage

Mister Sinister
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I want to see a film adaptation of "Oh, snap!"

FaithInOne
06-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Villain to be chosen soon?

Don't they mean 3 more villains to be chosen soon to be thrown into a plot clusterfuck....

Jude Law starring as......THE RHINO

Death In June
06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
After seeing Spiderman 3's handling of venom, a carnage movie would be awful. Stick with the kingpin, or the lizard. Maybe Kraven.

Sec24Row7
06-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd like to see the Tombstone, Hammerhead, Kingping, Silverfox gang wars...

Lizard would be cool... but the best version of that was McFarlan's and that is too dark for the movie series...

Dr. Gonzo
06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
I'd like to see this movie not get made at all. Especially after the abortion that was Spiderman 3.

Obstructed_View
06-14-2009, 12:31 AM
They killed off the only decent actors they've had, so might as well go with Lizard, Black Cat and the Man Wolf.

BlackSwordsMan
06-14-2009, 01:06 AM
lizard is a given.

mFFL03
06-14-2009, 02:25 AM
I'd like to see this movie not get made at all. Especially after the abortion that was Spiderman 3.

bump

fraga
06-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh snap...I just found this leaked photo of the new Spiderman outfit..
.http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/Fat_Spiderman.jpg

exstatic
06-14-2009, 11:51 AM
The Spiderman franchise is rapidly going the way of the original Batman franchise. They'll probably get Ahhnold to play the Kingpin and Uma Thurman as the Black Cat.

monosylab1k
06-14-2009, 02:15 PM
The Spiderman franchise is rapidly going the way of the original Batman franchise. They'll probably get Ahhnold to play the Kingpin and Uma Thurman as the Black Cat.

True, but in order to appeal to the kids, it'll be Vin Diesel and Lindsay Lohan.

Mister Sinister
06-15-2009, 06:13 AM
True, but in order to appeal to the kids, it'll be Vin Diesel and Lindsay Lohan.
Gilbert Gottfried as Carnage.