PDA

View Full Version : After 19 years of faithful service...

Guajalote
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I finally have to say goodbye to a good friend.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x309/Guajalote/DSCN2240.jpg

I've never lived in or even near San Antonio, so whenever I have managed to find Spurs items, I've purchased them and hung onto them for as long as possible. I got this shirt his rookie year. The first few years, it was the flagship of my collection. Then, as the decals began wearing away, it was an around the house shirt. But now, after so long I finally have to bid farewell.

Please, all I ask is a moment of silence. :toast

Thank you.

:flag:

Obstructed_View
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I have an old Charles Barkley caricature shirt from the 80's (Sixers uni) hanging in my closet because it's just too old to wash anymore. Can't bear to throw it out.

Guajalote
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
What are you doing with it? Throwing it away??

Nope. I just won't be able to wear it again because it's going into storage. I think one more wash and I'd be digging it out of the lint filter in the drying machine. :lol

Avitus1
06-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice shirt....

Guajalote
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Nice shirt....

Thanks. I still like the HemisFair stamp, myself. Ah, the good old days when CBS or NBC would show one Spurs game a year and the reception was grainy at best.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Great T-shirt. :)

Nope. I just won't be able to wear it again because it's going into storage. I think one more wash and I'd be digging it out of the lint filter in the drying machine. :lol

Why do you use a dryer? They kill your clothes, and they're a huge waste of energy. Want your tees to last longer, air-dry them. ;)

Hell, you might have gotten 25 years out of this one if you were smart about it! :lol

Guajalote
06-09-2009, 11:18 PM

Why do you use a dryer? They kill your clothes, and they're a huge waste of energy. Want your tees to last longer, air-dry them. ;)

Hell, you might have gotten 25 years out of this one if you were smart about it! :lol

:lol My wife starts them drying in the dryer, then lets them hang dry. But, before I met her and did my own laundry, it was the old "50..40..30..20..10.. Buzz.. Done!" approach. Live and learn, I guess.

EricB
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM

No thanks, i don't live in the stone age.

Bender
06-09-2009, 11:35 PM
No thanks, i don't live in the stone age.
I hang-dry my T-shirts too.

I may pop 'em in the dryer on low, for maybe 5 minutes, then hang 'em up.

50Bestspurever
06-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Good riddance!!! Any spurs gear with the god awful fiesta colors needs to be destroyed.