PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher Appreciation Thread

timvp
06-09-2009, 11:26 PM
It's difficult even starting this thread (:vomit:) but brosef is no doubt a winner. That was a championship sequence when he drained that coldblooded three and then somehow fouled Pietrus on that dunk attempt. Yeah, he has slowed down defensively but he's still damn good at that end of the court. He is great at digging down on bigmen, great double-teamer, can handle switches against size and no guard is able to bully him. Offensively, he's fearless even when he's ice, which keeps him dangerous no matter the situation.

F' him for .4, F' him for shooting 90% from the field in 2001, F' him for somehow finding the fountain of youth to prolong his career and F' him for the questionable tactics that landed him back in purple and gold ... but Fisher is a boss.

That sucked to admit. BRB, time to go hang myself from my junk in the closet like that kung fu guy.

TheMACHINE
06-09-2009, 11:27 PM
u didnt have to admit it. lol

iggypop123
It's difficult even starting this thread (:vomit:) but brosef is no doubt a winner. That was a championship sequence when he drained that coldblooded three and then somehow fouled Pietrus on that dunk attempt. Yeah, he has slowed down defensively but he's still damn good at that end of the court. He is great at digging down on bigmen, great double-teamer, can handle switches against size and no guard is able to bully him. Offensively, he's fearless even when he's ice, which keeps him dangerous no matter the situation.

F' him for .4, F' him for shooting 90% from the field in 2001, F' him for somehow finding the fountain of youth to prolong his career and F' him for the questionable tactics that landed him back in purple and gold ... but Fisher is a boss.

That sucked to admit. BRB, time to go hang myself from my junk in the closet like that kung fu guy.

you need the lingerie as well

IronMexican
Fish is awesom possum.

lefty

You beat me to it

BUMP
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
i honestly think he's on roids. Think about it, he was buried away in GS and Utah, and then all of a sudden he goes back to LA and finds the fountain of youth.

Not to mention his arms and head seem to have gotten bigger within the last few years. And the rage when he elbowed Scola

KSeal
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I give mad props to Fish tonight, he was awesome, Kobe.... not so much.

Banzai
06-09-2009, 11:31 PM
i honestly think he's on roids. Think about it, he was buried away in GS and Utah, and then all of a sudden he goes back to LA and finds the fountain of youth.

Not to mention his arms and head seem to have gotten bigger within the last few years. And the rage when he elbowed Scola

:rollin:rollin also that sig is nice...she has a nice booty....damn....:hitit:

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 11:33 PM
He has been better in the finals, but terrible in the playoffs as a whole. 38% from the field, 27% from 3, 2 reb, 2 ast, 1.2 TO. Not to mention getting toasted by every point guard, now including Alston who was crossing him up.

He makes a few heads up plays and hits a few timely shots, but he is by far the biggest weakness on a stacked team.

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Didn't he start in Utah? I'm not sure.

Fisher is a pretty "okay" PG. It's not that much of a liability if you have Gasol/Kobe/Odom.

timvp
06-09-2009, 11:36 PM

I never thought of that but you might be on to something. He looked dead in the water in '04 (no pun intended). Slow and way less athletic than he is now. Fisher claims it was yoga that got him back to near his top form but I've never seen yoga turn someone into a linebacker.

But yeah, whatever his secret is, Fisher is no doubt a championship player. Very good basketball player, especially when considering his physical limitations.

Findog
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I never thought of that but you might be on to something. He looked dead in the water in '04 (no pun intended). Slow and way less athletic than he is now. Fisher claims it was yoga that got him back to near his top form but I've never seen yoga turn someone into a linebacker.

But yeah, whatever his secret is, Fisher is no doubt a championship player. Very good basketball player, especially when considering his physical limitations.

He didn't play that poorly in Utah. I thought he was actually pretty solid for them.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 11:40 PM
He has always been a solid player, but even with his new found energy his game has tailed off. But he is the type of player a coach can trust to be there mentally.

BUMP
06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Didn't he start in Utah? I'm not sure.

Fisher is a pretty "okay" PG. It's not that much of a liability if you have Gasol/Kobe/Odom.

over Williams? :lol hell no

Ghazi
06-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I think he played as a 2 guard though.

edit: looked it up, 61 starts in 06-07, his #'s were pretty bad tho (38% field, 31% arc)

urunobili
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Fuck Fisher and his lovers too... :tu

BUMP
06-09-2009, 11:51 PM
I think he played as a 2 guard though.

edit: looked it up, 61 starts in 06-07, his #'s were pretty bad tho (38% field, 31% arc)

yeah Ghazi u were right, i looked it up too he must've been a 2 guard.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I guess he is not a numbers guy anymore, but a veteran/high IQ guy who can still hit timely shots.

I am not sure if the few gutsy plays every now and then make up for everything he is giving up on the defensive end.

He is damn strong though and almost better when guys try and post him. That plays to his advantage.

TJastal
06-10-2009, 12:17 AM
No doubt, Fisher is one of those guys you really hate to play against, kind of like Bruce Bowen was. Talented in many aspects but also has that knack for getting away with all sorts of grabs, slaps, holds, flops etc. The guy does what it takes to win, but the problem I have with him is he takes it way too far in my opinion. He lowers the bar too far in what is acceptable conduct, and degrades the game because of it.

His constant flopping is the most blatant of any player I have ever seen in the game and that includes Vlade Divac, who is still a distant second. You hear announcers and people talk about flopping (Jeff Van Gundy was one), that there should be stiffer penalties, fines, etc. Well this guy would have to forfeit his entire salary for the past 5 years if they did that.

Sorry to put a damper on the Fisher lovefest, but the day Fisher retires from the game it will be a positive thing for the NBA.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2009, 12:21 AM
fisher the guy who asked a buyout from the jazz to only sign with the lakers...

ginobili's bald spot
06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one Timvp. Fish has been good in the finals so far but the rest of the playoffs he was straight garbage. Actually he's been garbage since about March. And that's just talking about his shooting. His defense is always a liability, especially against a guard with any kind of speed. I also think his "high basketball IQ" is overrated. Spurfan saw it first hand with that Rodger Mason play that you guys loved so much. That was all Fisher. As far as his supposed rejuvenation since he got to the lakers goes, I don't think that's the case at all. I just think he is put in a better position to succeed here and not asked to do things that he can't do. If you expect him to be a true PG you are going to be very disappointed. All he can really do is shoot, and when his shot isn't falling he's basically useless. He is pretty fuckin clutch though, I'll give him credit for that. He's hit some big shots for us over the years as I'm sure you know :lol. He was clutch last night as well. Unlike Kobe :bang

pauls931
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
My issue with him is his hand checking defense. It's apparent now he no longer has the lateral movement to guard the quicker guards of the league and has to resort to hand checks and grabs.

However, his shot is still excellent and he's always that guy you forget about on defense who ends up getting the shot.

Dex
06-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Derek Fisher is an asshole.

Signed,
-Still Bitter from 2004

tlongII
06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Fisher sucks ass and is probably the biggest single reason why we will dethrone the Lakers next season.

ShoogarBear
06-10-2009, 10:05 AM
DFish was always the perfect Popovich point guard. Too bad we never got to see that happen.

Fisher sucks ass and is probably the biggest single reason why we will dethrone the Lakers next season.

Yeah, just like Bill Walton's decrepit ass is the single biggest reason why the Blazers haven't won anything in 30 years.

ShoogarBear
06-10-2009, 10:07 AM
F' him for .4, F' him for shooting 90% from the field in 2001, F' him for somehow finding the fountain of youth to prolong his career and F' him for the questionable tactics that landed him back in purple and gold ...

You forgot: F' him for not committing a foul even though he landed on somebody's back.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Fuck Fisher entirely. Hope he burns in hell.

Muser
06-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Eh, he always has that look of arrogance when I see him. Just one of those guys you love to hate.

benefactor
06-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Anything nice that I could possibly say about Derek Fisher will be taken to my coffin.

ginobili's bald spot
06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
http://the208.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fisher-4.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Derek Fisher and the Lakers should be a lesson taught to the Suns that the SG position is way more important than the PG position.

Red Hawk #21
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Fuck Fisher entirely. Hope he burns in hell.

:lol I got a good laugh out of your sig

Pistons < Spurs
06-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Bump.

Kamnik
06-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Holy shit!

baseline bum
06-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Man, that little motherfucker is clutch.

resistanze
06-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Laker Fan will have to eat a plate of Fisher's shit when they win the championship, with all the bashing that's gone on this playoffs.

Kamnik
06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
get the fuck out of here...

Kamnik
06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
all net

Udokafan05
06-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Not hard to get 3 off when kobe takes out defender with elbow.

Spurminator
06-11-2009, 11:11 PM
AAAAAAAAAGH I hate this motherfucker...

Capt Bringdown
06-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I knew there would be a Derek Fischer moment in this run. He does it everytime.
Just glad it wasn't against the Spurs.
Game, set and match!

Kamnik
06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
seems like Fisher almost secured the title for LA...

Kamnik
06-11-2009, 11:15 PM
fisher will go down in history like horry has....

Dex
06-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Good shots.

Still an asshole. :lol

it's me
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
That idiot can go to the fucking hell rigth about now..........

it's me
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
fucking cheap shoot asshole... I hate that little fucker...... no as much as I hate Kobe... but very close....

baseline bum
06-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Laker fan better start an Ariza appreciation thread too for his offensive boards that saved the game for them.

Allanon
06-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Epic game for DFish...Laker players were telling him.... "You still got it Old Man" after the game

:lmao:lmao

iggypop123
06-11-2009, 11:26 PM
im so glad he didn't take my advice and retired during the Houston series

1Parker1
06-11-2009, 11:31 PM
You forgot: F' him for not committing a foul even though he landed on somebody's back.

:lmao Seriously.

Ughhhhh, I honestly hate the fact that it was Derek F-ing Fisher who ended up catapolting the Lakers to their 09 championship. I'd rather it have been Ariza, Odom, or anyone else making those 3 pointers. That's how much I loathe Fisher. :pctoss :pctoss

florige
06-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Someone needs to post a picture of a toliet bowl with a picture of Fisher with his mouth open in this thread.

tlongII
06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I have to give him his props for tonight.

He still sucks though. He can't do jack shit against us.

florige
06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I have to give him his props for tonight.

He still sucks though. He can't do jack shit against us.

Yeah until there are a few seconds left in the game is when that asshole usually strikes.

Rogue
06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Derek "big shot" Fisher is still a piece of garbage only except the big times.

IronMexican
06-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I love Fish!!!!!!!!

lefty
06-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I can't believe Fisher's 2 pass attempts to Kobe accidentally went in the rim

timvp
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice thread, timvp.

It's a sad state of Laker Fandom when Spurs fans can spot the Lakers' true mettle while Laker Fan is fixated on thinking Shannon Brown should be starting.

I hate myself for starting this thread. Time to auto asphyxiate in a Thailand closet . . .

IronMexican
06-11-2009, 11:50 PM
One thing I never did was diss Fish. I thought he was done, but I'd never diss him. He could knock up every girl in my family, and after today, I'd still love him.

lefty
06-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Nice thread, timvp.

It's a sad state of Laker Fandom when Spurs fans can spot the Lakers' true mettle while Laker Fan is fixated on thinking Shannon Brown should be starting.

I hate myself for starting this thread. Time to auto asphyxiate in a Thailand closet . . .

I feel Ya :depressed

ShoogarBear
06-12-2009, 02:15 PM
F' typical frontrunning douchebag Laker Fan who has no clue what he's talking about when he bashes Fisher.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Fish to his doubters:

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/Fisher.gif

ginobili's bald spot
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
He is pretty fuckin clutch though, I'll give him credit for that. He's hit some big shots for us over the years as I'm sure you know :lol. He was clutch last night as well. Unlike Kobe :bang

:bking

Allanon
06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I do diss the Nuggets alot but not this time.

I meant Fisher can guard Billups...that's the kind of player he defends pretty well.

But when you got speed like Brooks, Fisher is constantly burned.

Fish should never be in the game versus Aaron Brooks but he's been great against all the other guys.

Red Hawk #21
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Fish is clutch, I think he's the only Laker I don't hate.

Spurologist
06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
mad props for your clutchness fish but i got two words for you: fuck you

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2009, 04:31 PM
The amount of "Fish is finished", "Bench Fish", "Fish is done" and "Time to part ways with Fish" threads at LG.net were enough to make even seasoned Laker fans like myself laugh my a$$ off. Laugh at the fickled idiots in that forum. If you go there now, it's a complete 180 of what it was just 2 weeks ago.This is were I don't blame Spurs fan for taking shots at Laker fan base. We do at times come across as ass-clowns. The threads there now are at the likes of "Fish saved Kobe's A$$" or something along those lines. It's freakin hilarious.:lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks fish!!!!!http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/ominousinane/Fishertrey4GE-1.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0104/pg2_a_fisher_200.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/gballinace831/inw25_fisher_shot.jpg

KSeal
06-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Fish is clutch, I think he's the only Laker I don't hate.

How can you hate Ariza or Lamar???

iminlakerland
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Awww Timvp means a lot! It wasn an awesome game to watch, and its been hard to watch him deteriorate in the playoffs. And as one of the biggest Fisher fans, i was so glad to see another performance like that out of him. And to be quite frank you can tell how much this guy is loved by his teammates. There is such a level of respect there, and that says a lot about a guy.

Here is to the lakers closing this series out! :toast

xtremesteven33
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Id rather get beat by Kobe hit a game winning shot than Derek Fisher.

Id rather get beat by a hall of famer than a roid looking fish head

timvp
06-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Laker Fan doesn't know it but it's going to be a gigantic loss when Fisher hits the end of the road. He's the perfect complement at PG for Kobe -- in every way.