PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Traitor

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Well, sort of :)

I just got a sweet job working for a software company and am now residing in.... Dallas (ugh).

So I'm a traitor by location, but still love our silver and black. I just want to say thank God for this site because according to the sorry ass _allas media the Spurs don't exist, just the "best team in the west" :rolleyes, the _allas Mavericks.

:vomit

Long story short, if you live near SA, enjoy getting all Spurs all the time, I am stuck with the pretenders up here.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
At least you can get LeaguePass.

ducks
03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
what software company?

xcoriate
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
microsoft ducks microsoft :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
It's only a matter of time before you convert.

My brother moved to Phoenix 14 years ago and it took him about 10 of those years to go from a Spurs fan to a Suns fan. My two youngest brothers and I give him hell for it, too, freaking traitor. But it's hard to live in an NBA city and not get caught up in the local team because it's usually all you hear about.

It's been nice knowing you. . .

maxpower
03-30-2005, 08:09 PM
That should not be much of an excuse anymore...with league pass and the internet.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2005, 08:11 PM
I lived in California for five years.

Still here.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-30-2005, 08:13 PM
True, and true.

One more reason to kick my brother's ass next time I'm in Phoenix.

T Park
03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Dont see how it makes you a traitor.

I live in Southern California in the summer and dont have inkiling 1 to be a Lakers or a Clippers fan.

Keep up the good fight Ag.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh there's no way in hell I will convert over. Silver and black for life here, I'm just stuck with the gay the little clover leaf green jerseys on Fox Sports these days.

Ducks - not Microsoft, but I do use XP Pro and Office at work :lol

T Park
03-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Benjamins talk, bullshit walks.

I dont blame ya a bit aggie.

Plus, I enjoy Dallas. Texas Motor Speedway. Football. Basketball. Lots of good nightlife. Lots of good concerts roll through.

Dallas would be second on my list if I didnt already love SA so much.

ShoogarBear
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I've been in DC for 11 years.

Hard to resist the appeal of being a die-hard Wiz fan.

baseline bum
03-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Never for a second thought og being a Lakers fan, even though I've been here for the three-peat.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
The Spurs are just a unique organization. When I see them play in different cities there are always a lot of Spurs fans everywhere. They're an easy team to love, especially the last few years.

I could live in DC for 100 years and never cheer for the Bullets. I saw the Bullets play in DC once when I was 6 years old, and my only memory of the game was two guys getting drunk and taking a leak against a wall inside the arena. Interesting that they are now called the "Wiz". Maybe I really am the center of the universe as Mrs. Chopper accuses me of thinking so often.

ShoogarBear
03-30-2005, 09:36 PM
EHJ I hope you weren't actually able to parse my post seriously.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Oh hell no. I just wanted to share my Wiz. . .um whiz story! :)

leemajors
03-30-2005, 09:50 PM
hopefully league pass doesn't black out spurs games up there, they do here in austin. i think it's a bit unreasonable for the nba and time warner to black out all spurs games- home and road. home i can kinda understand, it's an hour away but still shitty. i have no idea why they do it for road games though...

milkyway21
03-30-2005, 11:44 PM
just don't let mouse coerced talking to you LIVE on radio, & you'll be okay :lol

hey you'll miss Spurgal :cry

ducks
03-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Ducks - not Microsoft, but I do use XP Pro and Office at work

I have not used microsoft word in over a year now. IT SUCKS!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, well the IT gods at work have a little more say than I do on what's on the ol' computer.

ducks
03-31-2005, 12:01 AM
tell the it gods how many holes are in word

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
:lol

The three times I've walked by their office they've been playing video games.

ducks
03-31-2005, 12:04 AM
I do not get games on computers
but that is I have NO TIME FOR IT
have barely enough time to follow the spurs

nothing like it gods getting paid big bucks to play games :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 12:09 AM
No lie. Those fuckers are probably getting paid more than I am (though, I am getting paid hella good) and I actually have to deal with the clients all day long :lol All they have to do is keep the managers' computers running and the servers up, and they're set.

Our internet policy sucks (pretty much restricted from everything, not that I have time anyway), so I guess it's easy for them to not have bugs - just restrict access to our internal website, client sites, and Southwest and AA (air travel) and they've got it made.

timvp
03-31-2005, 12:10 AM
I thought AHF was missing in action beacuse Nazr has been sucking.

:rollin

spursfaninla
03-31-2005, 12:22 AM
I've been in LA for 9 years, and its been easy staying a Spurs fan.

Even in the midst of the Laker's recent championship run I hated em. Most I would give was respect.

Now I'm loving their downfall.

I don't see any changing of loyalty for myself anytime soon....plus I'm raising my son a Spurs fan!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 12:24 AM
I thought AHF was missing in action beacuse Nazr has been sucking.

:lol Come on LJ, you know me better than that. I'm not gonna pull a marcus and go make a new user name to sneak back under.

The only glimpse of Spurs basketball I've had since last Friday was the Sunday afternoon game that was on national tv (thankfully), and I haven't had internet access until today. Lots of catching up to do.

At least the Spurs play at _allas next week, I'll get to see a game one way or another.

timvp
03-31-2005, 12:30 AM
So are you going to get league pass? I think it's like $45 right now or something.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm thinking about it.

But as I understand, all the playoff games will be on (either ESPN or TNT), isn't that right? If so, I've definitely got other things I'd rather spend it on, and just catch a sports bar for the rest of the regular season.

The other thing that sucks about Dallas is that they are still living in the 20s - no liquor stores in Dallas county?!?!? I have to drive 20 minutes to find a damn liquor store and then it's like 200% price gouging.

:pctoss

MannyIsGod
03-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Get league pass dude. You are completely missing Marks totaly out playing Nazr. It'll cure you of your man love for Baby Hakeem

milkyway21
03-31-2005, 12:48 AM
..plus I'm raising my son a Spurs fan! :lol

so it's dictatorship in your la home, huh! :rolleyes

MannyIsGod
03-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Yeah dude, welcome to the world of a dry county. It's so weird. I used to price alcohol for UDS (Diamond Shamrock) on a regional level, and the I'd price fifths of liquor for our Lousiana stores, yet stores in certain counties in Texas didn't carry anything alcoholic due to the Dry status of counties. It's fucked up.

Solid D
03-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Congratulations on your new job, AHF. I guess you'll be seeing a lot more of AJ, now. :hat

baseline bum
03-31-2005, 01:58 AM
You're kidding!?!?! How can a city of 1 million be dry? I don't even think Salt Lake does that crap.

timvp
03-31-2005, 02:38 AM
In Salt Lake City, I think advertising for alcohol isn't allowed and there are no bars ... only "private clubs" that can serve liquor. And there's also some other rule about not allowing a person to have two full shot glasses or something like that.

Can't say I remember all the details.

:drunk

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-31-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm going to Dallas for a convention next week and will be at the DAL-SA game.

Ishta
03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, sort of :)

I just got a sweet job working for a software company and am now residing in.... Dallas (ugh).

So I'm a traitor by location, but still love our silver and black. I just want to say thank God for this site because according to the sorry ass _allas media the Spurs don't exist, just the "best team in the west" :rolleyes, the _allas Mavericks.

:vomit

Long story short, if you live near SA, enjoy getting all Spurs all the time, I am stuck with the pretenders up here.
I understand your pain! I lived in Dallas during both championships for the Spurs! I survived, and so will you! Let me tell you that last series with Dallas in 03 was soo much fun. Everyone knew I was a Spurs fan and used to give me so much crap. All I would ever say is Spurs don't loose 2 in a row. Guess what? They won the championship.
San Antonio will never get the respect they deserve. We are not a big market media, so that's how it goes! Anyway I would not change the team I love no matter where i live. Don't be too shocked to see Spurs banners going down 75, or 635 There are more Spurs fans up there than you think!!

Go Spurs Go

Goliadnative
03-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Been living in the DFW area since 1997. Called in sick to work so I could enjoy the 1999 championship celebration in SA. If you can't get league pass and don't mind listening to the game on the radio, you should be able to pick up WOAI after sundown. Just get a good am antenna or listen in your vehicle. My neighbors thought I was strange since they would see me sitting in my truck in my driveway at night. Just had to be careful about getting too excited.

silverandblackreign
03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Hey AgHoops, I live here in Dallas as well and am a die hard Spurs fan. You can get the League Pass here, and none of the games are blacked out (except when playing Dallas of course, but then there on regular TV). Sometimes, when the games are on FSSW, you can get the Spurs Pre-Game 30 min prior to tip, but once the games starts, it blacks out, and thats when you flip over to the League Pass...anyway - thats about the only way you can watchthe Silver and Black - other than that, I flip on a Mavs game if the Spurs aren;t on just to see if they will get beat......

Taco
03-31-2005, 01:03 PM
congrats on the new job

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2005, 01:14 PM
You're kidding!?!?! How can a city of 1 million be dry? I don't even think Salt Lake does that crap.

Salt Lake has liquor stores...in fact all the liquor stores in Utah are actually owned and operated by the state...

Ishta
03-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Been living in the DFW area since 1997. Called in sick to work so I could enjoy the 1999 championship celebration in SA. If you can't get league pass and don't mind listening to the game on the radio, you should be able to pick up WOAI after sundown. Just get a good am antenna or listen in your vehicle. My neighbors thought I was strange since they would see me sitting in my truck in my driveway at night. Just had to be careful about getting too excited.

I forgot about WOAI after dark. Usually the best reception comes through in Plano for some reason. You can actually get it pretty clear on a regular am station in your car!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Sweet, I'm in Plano, I'll check out the radio thing. I think I'm just gonna hit up a sports bar through the rest of the regular season, as it looks as though all playoff games are televised nationally. Next year it's a definite go though.

I put a Spurs poster up in my office today, and the smack talk has begun. Bring it on, _avs fans.

:makemyday

samikeyp
03-31-2005, 07:43 PM
You are not a traitor, AHF....to paraphrase a line from Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...You are a pilgrim in an unholy land. :)

ShoogarBear
03-31-2005, 09:04 PM
In Salt Lake City, I think advertising for alcohol isn't allowed and there are no bars ... only "private clubs" that can serve liquor. And there's also some other rule about not allowing a person to have two full shot glasses or something like that.

Can't say I remember all the details.

:drunk
You can't advertise "liquor" or "spirits", so apparently what some people will put on their signs is "Ghosts".

Also, the waitpeople can't offer you liquor, you have to ask them for it.

kskonn
03-31-2005, 09:21 PM
AHF, I work for an Supply Chain Management company, Maybe between my logistical resources and your dry county we can open up a black market for liquor in Dallas county. I travel there a lot and I always have to hit a bar to get a drink. It is not so bad though, T Park was right when he said they had a good nightlife. They also have an awesome restaraunt scene.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Oh yeah, the nightlife is phenomenal (and so are the clubs and music ;) ).

Trying to find some Oakenfold tickets for Saturday night, DJ Irene is coming to town end of May.

Actually I shouldn't complain too much about _allas County being dry, I'm gonna be gone so much visiting clients it's not really gonna matter. I think I'm going to be in _allas for a grand total of one week in April :lol