PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol: "Dwight Howard getting away with physical play"

djohn2oo8
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM
ORLANDO, Fla. - Pau Gasol rubbed the back of his head, showed his forearm to referee Derrick Stafford and asked for an explanation.
Stafford didn't react.
Gasol's meaning was clear.

"(Dwight Howard) is allowed to do physically a couple more things here at home," Gasol said after the game.
Asked if those "things" are too physical for his taste, or within the rules, Gasol didn't hesitate.

"For my taste, yes," Gasol said. " I have no control, so it's a little bit unfortunate. There's nothing you can do about it. You just have to play through it and continue to compete."
Earlier, Lakers coach Phil Jackson had raised the issue of Howard's physical play.
"We're obviously concerned
about his physical contact out there," Jackson said. "We thought there were three or four occasions where there were offensive fouls."

Howard even seemed to acknowledge Gasol's complaints, though he had not been told of them before his postgame news conference.
"I think with (Andrew) Bynum, he doesn't mind banging," Howard said.

"With Gasol, sometimes you've got to be aware of what you do in the paint. Gasol is very smart. He's been playing for a long, long time and I think with him, I've just got to be smart. I don't want to pick up any cheap fouls and have to sit on the bench."
Asked if he believed what Howard was doing to him included elbows, forearms to the back of the head, over-the- back rebounds, Gasol nodded.

"What specifically is he doing? He's just playing hard and using his body, that's it," Gasol said. "You just have to play through it."

:lmao So, it's just sending a message when you try to crack someone's sternum, but it's not fair when someone is playing physical?

Dex
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Sounds like someone needs a bottle and a nap.

Chieflion
06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Pau Soft Gasol.

resistanze
06-10-2009, 09:45 AM
No, he's not soft at all.

DPG21920
06-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Was this by the same author of the "Gasol Shouts Down the Soft Label" article? Kobe plays super physical as well, but you do not see Lee or Pietrus complaining.

Oh well, when you are a NBA champ, you can complain all you want I guess.

Jacko
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
All part of the subtle plan to force the refs to pay more attention to D12

LnGrrrR
06-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Remember, Andrew Joniakorowskiwrazci said that Pau Gasol wasn't soft! :0

lefty
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
What a soft ass pussy

Muser
06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Whatever, it's nice to see some physical ball for a change.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
lol...if u "actually"read to article, its not like he's really complaining about it. He's just saying its very physical and D12 even acknowledged it. "You just have to play through it and continue to compete."

You guys are a bunch of overreacting haters.

Typical article coming from pussy rockets fans that cries with every touch and rolls on the floor. .

DPG21920
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
lol...if u "actually"read to article, its not like he's really complaining about it. He's just saying its very physical and D12 even acknowledged it. "You just have to play through it and continue to compete."

Typical article coming from pussy rockets fans that cries with every touch and rolls on the floor. .

Laker fans call Pau soft more than anyone. Many Laker fans bash Kobe (trade Kobe threads...) as much as anyone, yet if someone from another team says something they are "haters".

Laker fans don't know the ball is round.

Allanon
06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Just Pau being sneaky. Now refs have to let him hit Dwight back a bit more and Dwight has to be a bit more sneaky.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Dwight in foul trouble next game.

djohn2oo8
06-10-2009, 10:34 AM

7 games with an undermanned squad, and you and your fans came up with every excuse in the book....Fuck the Lakers and their bitch ass fans

koriwhat
06-10-2009, 10:35 AM
gasol's nothing but a big pussy! dude is softer than my feathered pillows... what a puss.

ps: is there an uglier motherfucker in this league then gasol? i guess i could lump scola in the conversation too.

ginobme
06-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Its a little early in the series for Phil to start crying about calls, isn't it? I wonder if he's getting a little worried this Magic team is about to go off.

Allanon
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I knew it, Phil's getting the refs ready for Game 4. Same 'ol Phil, gotta give him props for good timing. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil took Pau aside and told him to make sure he mentions Dwight fouling him. :lol

Coaches Lobbying For Calls (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090610)
By John Hollinger
ESPN.com

ORLANDO -- The Magic won Game 3, and because of it we now we have a series. And in addition, we now have something else -- the age-old tradition of lobbying for calls through the media began in earnest after Game 3.

It all started before the game, when Phil Jackson discussed Pau Gasol's hitting the rim on a last-second inbounds shot attempt by Courtney Lee in Game 2. Jackson said that by the letter of the rule it was basket interference

Of course, Jackson wouldn't let that go without also tweaking the officials about Dwight Howard going through the rim to block a shot by Gasol earlier in Game 2. It's to his benefit to make the officials as aware as they can be about goaltending violations, since shot-blocking leader Howard is far more likely to commit a violation than Gasol.

Jackson pushed the envelope even further by lobbying for a goaltending call from a game several years ago against the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Then after the game it was Stan Van Gundy's turn. Frustrated by the slew of touch fouls his defenders have picked up against Kobe Bryant, he was subtle but yet made his point when discussing Howard's late steal.

"We had him trapped one other time, and I guess we fouled him," said Van Gundy. "You've got to make sure that you really keep your hands back on all of his traps. You don't want to touch him at all."

Jackson answered back later to lobby for more calls on Howard, this time for illegal screens.

"We're concerned about his physical contact out there," said Jackson, "and the amount of picks he's laying on our defenders, Trevor and Fish. They did give an offensive foul to him at one point tonight, but we through there were three or four occasions where there were offensive fouls."

With an off day to intensify the lobbying and any number of questionable calls from the past two games to vent their wrath about, keep a close eye on the two coaches in Wednesday's media day. Historically this has been the time for coaches to get their points across, and Jackson in particular has been among the most willing practitioners of the game.

Dex
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Jackson is such a tool. Like clockwork, once his team loses a game, he starts blubbering about the calls. As if Los Angeles doesn't already get the prima donna treatment as it is.

For Lakers fans trying to find reasons why everyone else hates your team, you shouldn't have to look far.

DPG21920
06-10-2009, 10:43 AM
This is why people hate Phil and the Lakers and their fans imo. Phil is by far the biggest whiner in the league. Is it effective somewhat? Sure. But he has taken it too far and his players and fans follow his lead.

Since Phil whines and is so biased (Pau sets many illegal screens as well), the entire fan base takes what he says seriously and follows suit. It makes them unreasonable to deal with.

Allanon
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Most of the Laker fans here don't whine about foul calls.

Everybody knows Phil does this shit every year he's in the Playoffs, and I do think it's pretty effective because you know game 4's refs will hear or read about it. Conciously or not, it will be in their heads while they're refereeing the game. :lol

Cry Havoc
06-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Did the former coach of SHAQUILLE O'NEAL just say he was concerned about how rough another player is playing?

Unbelievable. Fuck him. There hasn't been a bigger pompous, hypocritical, self-righteous asshole in the history of coaches than Phil.

Texas_Ranger
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Pau's a vagina!

jmanu20
06-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I notice how Phil (and Laker fans) ignore the bail out call that Kobe got late in the 4th quarter when D12 pretty clearly got all ball. Thankfully the ball don't lie!!

It's funny, I never saw Gasol ONCE complain about calls when he was a Grizzly. I swear, the minute he put on purple and gold, he began acting like it was his ticket to whine about every call. For example, there was one possession on the Magic's end of the floor when he was trying to convince a ref that a ball was last touched by the Magic when replays showed it OBVIOUSLY last touched by Pau.

Dex
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Everybody knows Phil does this shit every year he's in the Playoffs, and I do think it's pretty effective because you know game 4's refs will hear or read about it. Conciously or not, it will be in their heads. :lol

That's the problem. The refs shouldn't have an impact on the game. Neither should postgame comments made two-to-three nights prior. But we all know they do, because we've seen PJ play this card time and time again, and it always works.

It's underhanded, cheap, and completely fitting of Lakers basketball. As a Spurs fan, I'm glad Popovich doesn't resort to these type of tampering tactics and lets the players decide the games, even if it does mean losing out on some calls here or there.

Gino
06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Holy crap.

Way to shed that "soft" label Pau.

RedsLakers24
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
LOL Phil Jackson complaining about Illigal Screens, When Andrew Bynum Sets a screen its always a foul and the refs never call it

Allanon
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
That's the problem. The refs shouldn't have an impact on the game. Neither should postgame comments made two-to-three nights prior. But we all know they do, because we've seen PJ play this card time and time again, and it always works.

It's underhanded, cheap, and completely fitting of Lakers basketball. As a Spurs fan, I'm glad Popovich doesn't resort to these type of tampering tactics and lets the players decide the games, even if it does mean losing out on some calls here or there.

I agree to a certain extent that it shouldn't be a part of the game but it is what it is.

Some coaches do some stuff, others don't. I don't recall Popovich playing the refs or trying to get the advantage thru the media, you're right about that. But at the same time, Pop plays the Hack a Shaq and Phil won't do it (he had the perfect chance vs the Rockets' Chuck Hayes). I think most coaches have a pet move that is a bit on the underhanded side...and you either play along or get beat.

DPG21920
06-10-2009, 11:21 AM
For sure Allanon, but that is what people do not like about the Lakers. Pop's actions are during the game while trying to win. Phil's actions are after the game. Pop's strategy comes with consequences, his players pick up fouls and Shaq gets an opportunity to earn points.

Phil's strategy has no repercussions, no fouls called, no extra points for the other team...You are right that it is that way for better or worse, but now you might understand why people find it hard to enjoy the team. Their fans follow suit with the bs mind games and logic and the "my team never does anything wrong" mentality.

RedsLakers24
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I agree to a certain extent that it shouldn't be a part of the game but it is what it is.

Some coaches do some stuff, others don't. I don't recall Popovich playing the refs or trying to get the advantage thru the media, you're right about that. But at the same time, Pop plays the Hack a Shaq and Phil won't do it (he had the perfect chance vs the Rockets' Chuck Hayes). I think most coaches have a pet move that is a bit on the underhanded side...and you either play along or get beat.

and he also cried about the Gasol Deal :lmao

stretch
06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
lol pau gasoft

JamStone
06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Pau is a pussy. And even if he weren't, there's no way that Dwight Howard is getting away with anything. He never does anything dirty. He's still a virgin too. His kid was an immaculate conception type of deal. I mean, he is Superman.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc11/joejam414/Signature%20pictures/DwightGrabsToo.jpg

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
For sure Allanon, but that is what people do not like about the Lakers. Pop's actions are during the game while trying to win. Phil's actions are after the game. Pop's strategy comes with consequences, his players pick up fouls and Shaq gets an opportunity to earn points.

Phil's strategy has no repercussions, no fouls called, no extra points for the other team...You are right that it is that way for better or worse, but now you might understand why people find it hard to enjoy the team. Their fans follow suit with the bs mind games and logic and the "my team never does anything wrong" mentality.

hmm...rings or other people not enjoying the Lakers...hmmm..hard decision. :king

Spur-Addict
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I smell pussy. Is that you Pau?

I smell pussy. Is that you Phil?

I smell pussy. Is that you Kobe?

I smell pussy. Is that you Lamar?

Indazone
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
wahhhhhhh Lakers being crybabies. It's nice to see the Big man being able to play for a change without being called for tick-tac fouls. Something the league has lost over the years at the Center position. Pau is a pussy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Pau being a soft bitch as usual.

And Phyllis crying, typical when he realizes he's got some problems in a series. Here comes the whistlefest in game 4...

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
expect 2 offensive fouls on Howard in game 4. ;)

j.dizzle
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
:lol Pau might not be the most physical player on the court but dude has a ridiculous offensive arsenal & IQ :toast

Kindergarten Cop
06-10-2009, 02:03 PM
did the former coach of shaquille o'neal just say he was concerned about how rough another player is playing?

+1000

Cry Havoc
06-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone else want to comment on the former coach of Shaq whining about rough play?

Artest93
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
:lol Pau might not be the most physical player on the court but dude has a ridiculous offensive arsenal & IQ :toast

You can't deny that, but come on Pau, you're 7 damn feet tall, start playin like it by bangin around in the paint

ploto
06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I saw Gasol shoving Howard after plays were over several times last night so Phil might want to be careful for what he asks.

BUMP
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
If I played Gasoft 1on1 I'd obvbiously lose but i'm push him around like a rag doll

Ghazi
06-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Enough "PAu is soft" BS!
That guys been awesome this series and throughout the playoffs!

urunobili
06-10-2009, 03:38 PM
expect 2 offensive fouls on Howard in game 4. ;)

Gaysol is gr8 at getting in position to get that done ;)

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Gasol? give me an f-ing break. That guy is way too soft to play in the NBA. He does this all the time. At the end of the game last night if you looked at his face he looked like they had just killed his puppy.

I really believe he thought they would just ran over the Magic. This is what we've got so far:

Game 1 - Lakers win, it was going to happen in game 1. Orlando wasn't prepared. High scoring game.

Game 2 - Lakers won barely won it and could have lost it a couple times. Low scoring game. D was key.

Game 3 - Lakers were outplayed most of the game. Kobe was human again and he was outplayed when he got tired which was going to happen eventually. He played the entire 2nd half and overtime of game 2.

So I don't see a clear supremacy of Lakers over the Magic right now. Gasol needs to get over himself and over the notion that somehow if they lose Kobe is gonna go medieval on his ass. Don't be scared. If you guys lose (most likely), it wouldn't be just because of your constant whining... :)

dirk4mvp
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
lol Gasol's 0-12 playoff record as a #1 option.

ambchang
06-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Phil Jackson did the hack a shaq when he was a coach of the Bulls.
And I seem to recall him using hack-a-bowen not too far back.

Dex
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I dig on Allanon's point that if it's going to be part of the game, you might as well use it to gain an advantage. Maybe there used to be a time when the refs didn't really affect the outcome of the game, but that's not the case anymore. It works, and it joins a long list of suspect tactics used to gain an advantage in this league. Spurs fans are probably just as guilty as justifying as anybody with some of the things Bruce gets away with.

Still, Hack-a-Shaq and In Your Shorts defense are both on-the-court tactics. Free throws are a fundamental of the game, and if a player is bad at them, he should expect that to be exploited. While I agree that this is probably the only 'dirty' tactic Popovich has employed, at least it still leaves the power in the player's hands.

To me, manipulating the refs belittles the integrity of the game. If I were a coach, it's not a strategy I would employ. But I'm not Phil Jackson, and I also don't have 9 rings, so...

dbtbandit67
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
well if Gasol admits he just has to play through it he shouldnt be complaining to begin with. Softy.

dbtbandit67
06-10-2009, 05:06 PM

i think you're mistaking phil jackson with terry porter

Ghazi
06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Gasol? give me an f-ing break. That guy is way too soft to play in the NBA. He does this all the time. At the end of the game last night if you looked at his face he looked like they had just killed his puppy.

I really believe he thought they would just ran over the Magic. This is what we've got so far:

Game 1 - Lakers win, it was going to happen in game 1. Orlando wasn't prepared. High scoring game.

Game 2 - Lakers won barely won it and could have lost it a couple times. Low scoring game. D was key.

Game 3 - Lakers were outplayed most of the game. Kobe was human again and he was outplayed when he got tired which was going to happen eventually. He played the entire 2nd half and overtime of game 2.

So I don't see a clear supremacy of Lakers over the Magic right now. Gasol needs to get over himself and over the notion that somehow if they lose Kobe is gonna go medieval on his ass. Don't be scared. If you guys lose (most likely), it wouldn't be just because of your constant whining... :)

Pau ain't playin scared. He's been aggressive with his touches and his defense on Howard has been fairly good. He's outplayed HOward thus far.

Lakers haven't established "clear" supremacy but I feel they've established supremacy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 05:43 PM

You're thinking of Terry Porter.

Allanon
06-10-2009, 06:14 PM

I don't remember either one of these.

In what game did this happen?

td4mvp21
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
This definitely helps eliminate the reputation of Gasol being soft.

quickerblade
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Im a laker fan and that is SOFT, deal with it. Im ashamed of gasol's comment

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Gasol and Timmy in the backcourt? You Spurs fans would hate that since Gasol is soft.

Cry Havoc
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Gasol and Timmy in the backcourt? You Spurs fans would hate that since Gasol is soft.

I don't hate Gasol at all. I'd rather have a "soft" player on my team than a "hard" idiot who is busy doing pushups or showboating instead of playing D.

What pisses me off is when a player needs to be coddled by his coach like a parent who's little boy has been abused by a bully and needs protection. If Phil can't matchup with someone, he'll make damn sure the refs do his work for him.

underdawg
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM

I would not want Gasol on the Spurs - that would mean we had to give up Manu and Tony to get him since we're not LA.

TwinTowers
06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
he has been playing great... He needs the shut up and continue playing!

dirk4mvp
06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
I would not want Gasol on the Spurs - that would mean we had to give up Manu and Tony to get him since we're not LA.

The Spurs wouldn't think twice about giving up Manu for Gasol.

TampaDude
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Gasol is soft...but he's also really good...I'd love to have him on the Spurs.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
my god what a pantywaist

this guy was born to be a laker
ostrich looking motherfucker

DPG21920
06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
my god what a pantywaist

this guy was born to be a laker
ostrich looking motherfucker

http://ralphlosey.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ostrich_head.jpg

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/pau-gasol.jpg

iggypop123
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
i dont care if its physical or not. just be equal. if howard can throw elbows and crap and they call gasol for fouls then start calling Hedo's elbows and his offensive fouls

NewJerSpur
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Ironic after all these years to here a Laker bitching about physical play from a premier big....this the same team that had the king of "playing physical" in Shaq.

BUMP
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Ironic after all these years to here a Laker bitching about physical play from a premier big....this the same team that had the king of "playing physical" in Shaq.

:lol

What is forgotten about the Laker 3 peat team is just how physical they were.

Not only Shaq, but Fisher and Fox were very physical players that gave good hard fouls and kept the other teams away from the rim. (Sacramento 2002)

NewJerSpur
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
:lol

What is forgotten about the Laker 3 peat team is just how physical they were.

Not only Shaq, but Fisher and Fox were very physical players that gave good hard fouls and kept the other teams away from the rim. (Sacramento 2002)

Good point, but I'm talking more about on the offensive side of things. Commentators would wax poetic all day about the level of skill Shaq had for his size, but totally neglected the all-out assault he waged on the frontlines of other teams that seemed to become more and more overlooked as the stakes got higher. Although it wasn't in the playoffs and it's more of an extreme example, I remember Shaq dunking on Chris Dudley on Sunday afternoon when the Knicks came to L.A. in a way in which their bodies became intangled as Shaq was landing back on the court. In a seamless motion he managed to wrap one hand around Dudley's arm and the other around his throat and proceeded to shove Dudley into the cheerleading area as he came down from the rim. Dudley slid a good ways across the floor on that one and was pissed enough to launch the ball at Shaq after getting up (when Shaq was about halfway downcourt btw and it missed its target by a decent margin) and got T'd up for it.

Banzai
06-10-2009, 10:12 PM
gasol's nothing but a big pussy! dude is softer than my feathered pillows... what a puss.

ps: is there an uglier motherfucker in this league then gasol? i guess i could lump scola in the conversation too.

http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A8109/81090/300_81090.jpg
???

iggypop123
06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A8109/81090/300_81090.jpg
???

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/players/834.jpg

IronMexican
06-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Good point, but I'm talking more about on the offensive side of things. Commentators would wax poetic all day about the level of skill Shaq had for his size, but totally neglected the all-out assault he waged on the frontlines of other teams that seemed to become more and more overlooked as the stakes got higher. Although it wasn't in the playoffs and it's more of an extreme example, I remember Shaq dunking on Chris Dudley on Sunday afternoon when the Knicks came to L.A. in a way in which their bodies became intangled as Shaq was landing back on the court. In a seamless motion he managed to wrap one hand around Dudley's arm and the other around his throat and proceeded to shove Dudley into the cheerleading area as he came down from the rim. Dudley slid a good ways across the floor on that one and was pissed enough to launch the ball at Shaq after getting up (when Shaq was about halfway downcourt btw and it missed its target by a decent margin) and got T'd up for it.

There's a Youtube video on that. I fucking love Shaq:lol

Banzai
06-10-2009, 10:35 PM

w3LxYJKazAM

NewJerSpur
06-10-2009, 10:38 PM

As much of a travesty of officiating as that incident was, it was by far one of the funniest things I've ever seen in basketball or sports for that matter. You could tell Dudley didn't really "want to" hit Shaq with the ball. If you find the link, please post.

Edit: There it goes. :lol

Re-Edit: There it went....no longer available.

IronMexican
06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Lol, after seeing it again, Dudley overreacted. Shaq punked him, though.

dbreiden83080
06-10-2009, 10:39 PM
No, he's not soft at all.

https://www.khanapakana.com/recipe/articlefiles/7EFEFBAB-4753-44F1-9821-388989A358CF-Soft_Ice_cream.jpg

IronMexican
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Heheh.

lI85iVU3xkE

Banzai
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
As much of a travesty of officiating as that incident was, it was by far one of the funniest things I've ever seen in basketball or sports for that matter. You could tell Dudley didn't really "want to" hit Shaq with the ball. If you find the link, please post.

Edit: There it goes. :lol

Re-Edit: There it went....no longer available.

its up..I just had to redo the link.

KSeal
06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
w3LxYJKazAM

:rollin

That shit is classic.

Capt Bringdown
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
PJ's teams always whine about officiating. It's a good tactic for them, for it always works.
There must be a special Purple and Gold phone in Stern's office.
"Yes sir, as you wish. We'll take care of it Mr. Jackson. Anything else we can do for you?"

NewJerSpur
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Heheh.

lI85iVU3xkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEdkx_inbPU

Things get interesting around the 1:50 mark. :king

TJastal
06-11-2009, 01:19 AM
This whole argument makes no sense. Phil has been smoking crack it seems.

He should just be happy as hell that his team is not down 2-1, and can thank the refs for quite a lot of favorable calls including the one that saved the lakers ass in game 2 that he even admits should have been called. :rolleyes

Gasoft, Kobe, Odumb are the 3 biggest whining crybabies in the league, I've never seen players cry so much.... and the thing is, they cry even the refs get the calls right against them. At least save the whining for when you have a legitimate case to whine, then maybe you'd be justified...no these assholes cry and bitch about ANY call that doesn't go their way.

And the media has the audacity to wonder why nobody likes the lakers or thier fans.

antimvp
06-11-2009, 06:23 AM
game 6 2002 wc semis...............'nough said. fakers.

ambchang
06-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't remember either one of these.

In what game did this happen?

I got the hack a bowen mixed up with Porter.
As for the Bulls, it was so far back, I can't recall the specific game, but I found this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=cIXaWfTsc5YC&pg=RA1-PA88&lpg=RA1-PA88&dq=phil+jackson+hack+a+shaq+bulls&source=bl&ots=IwNN2txRV6&sig=CjYAu4-xC6yH9egZzeysE8DTN9Y&hl=en&ei=LRQxStLfIZH4MIv3sc4H&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6

It came from Shaq, so it may not be accurate as Shaq's books have been known to contain lies.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
They did HackaBowen once, think it was in 2002-2003, somewhere in there.

Dex
06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
They did HackaBowen once, think it was in 2002-2003, somewhere in there.

I think that was Nellie and the Mavs in '03 WCF.

lefty
06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Bump :lmao

Nice job, pussy ass Gasoline

SouthTexasRancher
06-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Poor wittle Pau Gasol. Dude if the heat is too hot then get the hell out of the fire!