PDA

View Full Version : Skip To My Lou

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Did anyone see Rafer do a behind the back double dribble? I was telling my buddies who were watching it with me that he did, but no instant replay, no dvr, no mention by the broadcasting team, which means i must be seeing things.

Anyone catch that cuz it was so quick that maybe i saw it wrong? It was in the first quarter.

lefty
06-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Alston is a playground legend

ginobme
06-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I saw that shit.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I saw that shit.

ok..so my eyes are fine. lol. It was pretty quick..i think he entered the paint, put it behind his back and dribbled out of the paint again. :downspin:

koriwhat
06-10-2009, 01:03 PM
who gives a fuck? fuck the lakers and their fans excuses for losing!

lil_penny
06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
just another game at the office for him. he was in skip to my lou mode for a few mins, I was waiting for a elbow pass or off the back board lob to dwight while looking away as he twittered on his phone about it.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
who gives a fuck? fuck the lakers and their fans excuses for losing!

noone is giving excuses for losing...what got your panties in a bunch?

Indazone
06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
anyone got a vid?

Indazone
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Nevermind, found one but still doens't have the play you are talking about.

qvNBeoHChWY

JamStone
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Back in college, one of my friends had a bunch of these bootleg video tapes of like Rucker Park playground tapes and And-1 type stuff from a bunch of plygrounds of East Coast cities. I saw Rafer on one of those tapes when he was coming up and I believe before the nickname Skip to my Lou was coined. Anyway, he was crossover-dribbling behind his back all the way up court... in full sprint. He did the skip shit too. But, the full sprint behind the back crossover dribbling just floored me. Never through the legs, never bringing the ball in front of him to gather his dribble. All behind the back at running speed. It was ridiculous.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Nevermind, found one but still doens't have the play you are talking about.

qvNBeoHChWY

it wouldnt be in a highlight cuz he just wrapped the bal around his back and dribbled again...similar to what pietrus did but behind his back

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
If the move you're refering to is considered travelling then Rajon Rondo travels roughly 10 times a game.

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 03:12 PM
If the move you're refering to is considered travelling then Rajon Rondo travels roughly 10 times a game.

its actually a double dribble cuz he pratically held the ball with two hands then dribbled again...similar to the Pietrus one Kobe was bitching about.

manufan10
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I saw the move. It would have been a great And-1 move, especially if he would have scored. :lol

TheMACHINE
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I saw the move. It would have been a great And-1 move, especially if he would have scored. :lol

you gotta be real good and fast to get away with those moves. Refs probably saw it and was like "did he do that, eh, o well" lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 04:22 PM
its actually a double dribble cuz he pratically held the ball with two hands then dribbled again...similar to the Pietrus one Kobe was bitching about.

I agree it's traveling, I'm saying that that behind the back pick up your dribble and then start dribbling again move isn't called anymore.