PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Question for Cowboy Fans

Dr. Gonzo
06-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Is Tony Romo worth the money he gets paid?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
That's like asking Rockets fans if Tracy McGrady is worth the money he's paid.

manufan10
06-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes. He has shown that he has the skill set to be successful. There are some aspects of his game that make me cringe, like forcing the ball into coverage or making it seem like he doesn't care with things he says. Or going on vacation right before a playoff game (although he wasn't the only one, people really hit Romo hard on this one). Or being careless with the ball. People say that TO is to blame for the forcing bad passes, so we will see what happens this year. He's agile. He can avoid the rush. He makes some spectacular plays. He can be very accurate. He's better than any QB the Cowboys have had since Troy Aikman, so yes he is worth it.

manufan10
06-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes, he's "choked" in pressure games, but so has Peyton Manning. I'd rather have Romo than most of the other starting QB's in the league. Like I said in my earlier post, he's the best starting QB the Cowboys have had since Troy Aikman. After suffering through Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, and the other countless projects, I'm glad Romo is the QB of the Cowboys.

samikeyp
06-10-2009, 02:43 PM
No.

Then again, I think all athletes are over paid.

Dr. Gonzo
06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
I think all athletes are over paid.

Post of the day.

Cowboyhater
06-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Romo Sucks bottom line

to21
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I would say yes (minus the choke jobs):

Quincy Carter
Anthony Wright
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Chad Hutchinson
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Henson
Drew Bledsoe

mardigan
06-10-2009, 05:36 PM
At least he's not making Stafford money.

NewJerSpur
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
We're certainly going to find out this season.

Udokafan05
06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
His contract isnt that bad with the numbers he puts up, but he is going to miss Owens a lot more than he thinks. Witten isnt going to be able to bail him out everytime when they put double coverage on him.

Dr. Gonzo
06-11-2009, 08:31 AM
At least he's not making Stafford money.

No shit. Rookie contracts are ridiculous.

samikeyp
06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
No shit. Rookie contracts are ridiculous.

Something I think we all can agree on.

IronMexican
06-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Rookie contracts are ridiculous.

You now it's ridiculous when Sanchez signs a 5 year, $50 million dollar deal, and it's considered cheap.

Dr. Gonzo
06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Rookie contracts are ridiculous.

You now it's ridiculous when Sanchez signs a 5 year, $50 million dollar deal, and it's considered cheap.

If only the Raiders could've gotten that kind of cheap deal on the 350lb Russell.

DBryant88
06-13-2009, 10:54 AM
If only the Raiders could've gotten that kind of cheap deal on the 350lb Russell.

lol russel is a bitch

Obstructed_View
06-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Ask me at the end of the upcoming season.

Thomas82
06-14-2009, 12:46 AM
We're certainly going to find out this season.

Hopefully we'll use the running game more to help cut back on his mistakes.

NewJerSpur
06-14-2009, 02:03 AM

Well, before Felix went down for the year and Barber messed up his foot (?) the offense looked like it was geard up to do some serious damage. Marion's a beast, Cowboy fans just better hope Felix fully recovers and doesn't go into a sophmore slump/delayed rookie wall.

Spursfan092120
06-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I love me some Romo..but I don't think he's earned the money.....yet. He will, however...

StylisticS
06-14-2009, 09:51 PM

Yes. Romo was asked to do to much this past season. The inconsistency of the oline and the injuries to the running backs and the decisions made by the coaching staff to pass, pass, and pass it some more was too much pressure on him. It would be too much pressure on any QB when you don't have a run game. We simply need to run the football more. Romo does need to improve on some aspects and I think he will do it.

Spurtacus
06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Is Tony Romo worth the money he gets paid?

Yes. Question for you. Do you realize how hard it is to get a QB that can lead a team? Romo is no question a top 10 QB in the league.

Dr. Gonzo
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
That's the thing. Romo isn't a leader.

ATRAIN
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes. Question for you. Do you realize how hard it is to get a QB that can lead a team? Romo is no question a top 10 QB in the league.

Give me your top 10 list

manufan10
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
If we go by playoff success, then Tony Romo isn't a Top 10 QB. (Some of you think that is all that goes into account with a QB, while it is VERY important, it doesn't necessarily show how good a player the guy can be.) If we look at stats/playoff success I think Romo certainly is Top 10, if you include how the QB's have played in recent seasons. My top 10 would be something like this (this is for right now in the league)

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Big Ben
5. Eli Manning
6. Donovan Mcnabb
7. Phillip Rivers
8. Kurt Warner (although his play has been up and down, but he did get his team to the Superbowl)
9. Jake Delhomme (his play hasn't been great, but he's had playoff success and gotten to the Superbowl)
10T. Tony Romo
10T. Matt Hasselback (didn't have a very productive year, but has gotten his team to the Superbowl)

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are honorable mention. They still have to prove they can produce good numbers for two seasons. Matt Shaub is right up there too. If Carson Palmer can stay healthy, he's in the mix too. Romo has had 2 1/2 seasons as a starter. He's proven he has skills and ability to be a great player, but he does lack playoff wins. Some question his leadership ability, but he is one of the guys that got TO off the team. That's showing a little back bone, because now they have no one to take most of the blame/heat. It's all going to be on Romo. This season really should prove if he can be a Top 5 type player. I think the money is worth it because of the QB's that Dallas has suffered through. He's proven (statistically) that he can be a top 10 QB, now all he has to do is add some playoff success.

Dr. Gonzo
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Even Romo questions his own leadership. He said himself he needs to "learn to be a better leader."

ATRAIN
06-15-2009, 01:35 PM
If we go by playoff success, then Tony Romo isn't a Top 10 QB. (Some of you think that is all that goes into account with a QB, while it is VERY important, it doesn't necessarily show how good a player the guy can be.) If we look at stats/playoff success I think Romo certainly is Top 10, if you include how the QB's have played in recent seasons. My top 10 would be something like this (this is for right now in the league)

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Big Ben
5. Eli Manning
6. Donovan Mcnabb
7. Phillip Rivers
8. Kurt Warner (although his play has been up and down, but he did get his team to the Superbowl)
9. Jake Delhomme (his play hasn't been great, but he's had playoff success and gotten to the Superbowl)
10T. Tony Romo
10T. Matt Hasselback (didn't have a very productive year, but has gotten his team to the Superbowl)

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are honorable mention. They still have to prove they can produce good numbers for two seasons. Matt Shaub is right up there too. If Carson Palmer can stay healthy, he's in the mix too. Romo has had 2 1/2 seasons as a starter. He's proven he has skills and ability to be a great player, but he does lack playoff wins. Some question his leadership ability, but he is one of the guys that got TO off the team. That's showing a little back bone, because now they have no one to take most of the blame/heat. It's all going to be on Romo. This season really should prove if he can be a Top 5 type player. I think the money is worth it because of the QB's that Dallas has suffered through. He's proven (statistically) that he can be a top 10 QB, now all he has to do is add some playoff success.

Its not even the playoffs most of us question its his 2nd half of the season into the playoffs. He declines in a big way has the last 2 years. He has yet to prove other wise to me and for that he is not a top 10 qb.

manufan10
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Its not even the playoffs most of us question its his 2nd half of the season into the playoffs. He declines in a big way has the last 2 years. He has yet to prove other wise to me and for that he is not a top 10 qb.

Name me guys, who I haven't already mentioned and put ahead, who are better than Tony Romo.

samikeyp
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM

Hell, its not even half of the season, its December and January...when there is a January. September through Thanksgiving he has been great.

mardigan
06-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Bets 4th quarter qb in the league last year.

ATRAIN
06-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Name me guys, who I haven't already mentioned and put ahead, who are better than Tony Romo.

You didnt put Cutler on that list. He had a pretty good season last year even though he is a little bitch. Rodgers isnt bad either, he has filled Farves shoes the best he can and is doing an alright job. Romo is up there in the first part of the season and his decline in the end makes me drop him. Hell when the season starts till thanksgiving like Mike said he is top 5 for me without a doubt.

Spurtacus
06-15-2009, 04:07 PM

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Big Ben
5. Eli Manning
6. Donovan Mcnabb
7. Phillip Rivers
10T. Tony Romo

How many years did it take Peyton Manning to achieve playoff success? I'm not comparing Romo to Manning, but sometimes it takes time to win. You guys are forgetting that Romo has only been a starter for two full seasons after taking over the reins in 2006.

Your top 10 list would be similar to mine except I have Romo ahead of Roethlisberger and Delhomme. I understand Ben has two rings...but Steelers are known for their running game and D.

I believe that Romo will be a better leader & QB with T.O. out of his head.