PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Brothers concert

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Anyone here seen them? I am going next week in Arlington. I would not even get myself a ticket but I want to see the new Cowboy Stadium (lord knows Jerry Jones is asking ALOT for Cowboys tickets so I doubt I willl pay his crazy prices to see them) and I will be staying in Arlington all weekend doing the Six Flags thing. I'm curious if this thing is going to suck as much as I think it will. Plus they have Jordan Sparks opening for them, American Idol winner,Wonder Girls,South Korean girl group and Honor Society, another boy group. I have a 6 year old is why I got the tickets. So anyone seen any of these people? What am I to expect?

IronMexican
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Expect greatness.

SpursWoman
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Voice cracking greatness. :lol

mrsmaalox
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Anyone here seen them? I am going next week in Arlington. I would not even get myself a ticket but I want to see the new Cowboy Stadium (lord knows Jerry Jones is asking ALOT for Cowboys tickets so I doubt I willl pay his crazy prices to see them) and I will be staying in Arlington all weekend doing the Six Flags thing. I'm curious if this thing is going to suck as much as I think it will. Plus they have Jordan Sparks opening for them, American Idol winner,Wonder Girls,South Korean girl group and Honor Society, another boy group. I have a 6 year old is why I got the tickets. So anyone seen any of these people? What am I to expect?

I went to Hannah Montana/Jonas Bros. Those 2 acts were much better and wholesome than I expected. Since it was Disney, I was pretty disgusted with the prices and the hawkers; luckily my daughter wasn't interested in that junk. It pissed me off to see those guys following little girls around with a $30 program in hand yelling, "You're gonna be the only girl without one!!". Also the many, many pairs of moms/daughters in matching glitter make-up and midriff Jonas Bros t-shirts was kinda wierd.

IronMexican
06-10-2009, 03:36 PM
:bang I make a Walt Disney troll for this thread and I can't use it for 24 hours:bang I agree with mouse, we need to get that changed.

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I went to Hannah Montana/Jonas Bros. Those 2 acts were much better and wholesome than I expected. Since it was Disney, I was pretty disgusted with the prices and the hawkers; luckily my daughter wasn't interested in that junk. It pissed me off to see those guys following little girls around with a $30 program in hand yelling, "You're gonna be the only girl without one!!". Also the many, many pairs of moms/daughters in matching glitter make-up and midriff Jonas Bros t-shirts was kinda wierd.

No way. They follow the girls around saying that. HAHAHA And they have hawkers there. Iron Mexican might be right, this could be greatness. I checked out the Wonder Girls on youtube. That's different, I have feeling I will be looking around the new stadium most of the time. The prices were high. I got my tickets on ebay for about 50 a pop. I'm sure I could have gotten them less if I made a few bids on different seats but it still less every other place I saw.

dirk4mvp
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
That one guy that plays guitar can play circles around SRV.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2009, 04:04 PM
The concert is going to suck, but you can keep yourself entertained by looking around the crowd for other adults and playing a mental game of "Chaperone or Sex Offender?"

J.T.
06-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd only go if they confirm Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift as opening acts.

J.T.
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM
That one guy that plays guitar can play circles around SRV.

Not surprising, brah. Throw out all his Hendrix covers, his Chuck Berry ripoffs and the time he stole Clapton's talent with an alien guitar (you know, like they did in Space Jam but with a basketball instead of a guitar), and you or me would be considered better guitar players than SRV.

J.T.
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
The concert is going to suck, but you can keep yourself entertained by looking around the crowd for other adults and playing a mental game of "Chaperone or Sex Offender?"

I always wonder if the cops and teachers are playing that game when I post up outside my old high school with a cardboard sign that says "Need Beer? I have ID and a bigger dick than your freshman boyfriend"

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 04:19 PM

:lol I wonder if any adults will be there without kids.

Blake
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM

I wonder if jack sommerset is "chaperone or sex offender"

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I wonder if jack sommerset is "chaperone or sex offender"

Really dude. Following me to threads now. Classy. I wonder if Cry Havoc would be apalled?:lol For the reocrd CHAPERONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoogarBear
06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
You're a brave man to start this thread.

BlackSwordsMan
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
_ag

jack sommerset
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
You're a brave man to start this thread.

I have a 6 year old daughter and we have never been to something like this so I thought I would ask. Some people actually gave me some insight. I am actually now looking forward to it. Seeing the new stadium and watching hawkers try to sell 6 yerar old shit. I know I will see some adults acting like ass clowns. Should be fun!

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I checked out the Wonder Girls on youtube.

they are very popular in south korea and throughout asia, thats if your into kpop....but they are looking at getting into the american market like most korean singers....

marini martini
06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Six years old??? Her first concert?? $50. @ pop tickets??? Gee Zus, is she too old for Dora, Disney on Ice, or Ringling Bros. B & B Circus???

fraga
06-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Here's a preview of what you'll see..

OGr9yLQpOwM

JudynTX
06-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Here's a preview of what you'll see..

OGr9yLQpOwM

:lmao greatness

Richard Cranium
06-11-2009, 08:27 AM
There will be plenty of MILF's in attendance. :tu

Blake
06-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Really dude. Following me to threads now. Classy. I wonder if Cry Havoc would be apalled?:lol For the reocrd CHAPERONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

naw. If it were any dude that had started this thread, I would probably say the same things.

It just happened to be you.

JudynTX
06-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Who went to go see Coldplay? :sleep

Do you think they smoke weed @ Coldplay concerts? :lol

jack sommerset
06-14-2009, 06:35 PM
My wife came home Saturday night with 3 Jonas Brother shirts to wear to the concert this Saturday. She did not want to spend the crazy money they would ask at the stadium for the same shirt. She bought one for me :lol, How gay would that be for a me(epecially),my wife and 6 year old daughter to go as a family to the concert wearing Jo Bro shirts and yes they are the exact same light blue t with the 3 bro's stamped on the front. Not happening.

ShoogarBear
06-14-2009, 06:40 PM
My wife
Not happening.

Hmmm, I bet it is.

jack sommerset
06-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Hmmm, I bet it is.

:lol No freaken way. But noone would ever know if I did.

redskinfan
06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
The Jonas brothers support Obama!

Bender
06-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't even know who the Jonas Brothers are... (I guess I'm glad)

jack sommerset
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
The concert was a experience. Was not as bad as I thought it would be. The stadium was AWESOME. That made it for me. The screaming did get out of control. You could text a message to the BIG BIG BIG screen tv's hanging from the roof of the stadium. Every 3-4 message had "scream if you love Jonas" "scream if you want to marry Joe" "Scream if you think Kevin is hot" "Scream...." You get the point.That went on forever. Concert started and the sounds system actually flooded out the screams. Got a bit louder when old Hanna Montana showed up. I enjoyed it with my daughter as much as one can.

DMX7
06-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I'll bring my purity ring.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Was there a trip to TGI Friday's afterwards?

mrsmaalox
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm glad it wasn't too terrible an experience for you. I also expected the worst. But I suppose our children help us build up a tolerance to a lot of unpleasant things! :lol

jack sommerset
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm glad it wasn't too terrible an experience for you. I also expected the worst. But I suppose our children help us build up a tolerance to a lot of unpleasant things! :lol

They did not have anyone pushing products out there. I don't think I heard one time "get ur programs" or anythig like that. They didn't have too. What did surprise me was the lines for buying t's,posters,cd,programs,etc... They started when the doors opened at 5:30-6. The Jo Bros didn't start playing until 8-8:30 and they were still HUGE lines about 30-40 minutes while they were on stage. They made a killing!

What made me laugh was they did a Neil Diamond tune. Sweet Caroline.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
The concert was a experience. Was not as bad as I thought it would be. The stadium was AWESOME. That made it for me. The screaming did get out of control. You could text a message to the BIG BIG BIG screen tv's hanging from the roof of the stadium. Every 3-4 message had "scream if you love Jonas" "scream if you want to marry Joe" "Scream if you think Kevin is hot" "Scream...." You get the point.

Damn, hope you were on the monthly bulk plan.