yavozerb
06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_aleksandar_pavlovic.jpg

Sasha Pavlovic | F
Born: Nov 15, 1983
Height: 6-7 / 2,01
Weight: 235 lbs. / 106,6 kg.
Years Pro: 5

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/aleksandar_pavlovic/index.html)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that guard Sasha Pavlovic is not likely to be back with the Cavaliers next season.

According to Bruno he has a buyout of 1.9 mil and it looks pretty certain he will be available this summer.
What do you guys think of this guy? He's young, pretty good shot and can play some D.

timvp
06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
He sucks. He had a fluke good year in 2007 but he's been sub par before and since. I remember Spurs fans wanting to give him the full MLE after the 2007 Finals but thankfully that didn't happen.

I would rather the Spurs sign Wally Szczerbiak and I don't even really want Szczerbiak.

Blackjack
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Sucks?

I guess if you're expecting him to be more than what he is.

With his size, talent, and athleticism he should probably be more than what he is but he's a decent role player.

He's a solid defender with a pretty nice shot.

Underachiever? Yes. But I wouldn't go as far as "sucks."

Definitely not, and never has been, worth the MLE, though.

yavozerb
06-11-2009, 02:42 PM
He sucks. He had a fluke good year in 2007 but he's been sub par before and since. I remember Spurs fans wanting to give him the full MLE after the 2007 Finals but thankfully that didn't happen.

I would rather the Spurs sign Wally Szczerbiak and I don't even really want Szczerbiak.

for the right price this kid could still be a very good player and he is only 25...Who sucks are who the spurs have lined up right now at sf.

timvp
06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Sucks?

I guess if you're expecting him to be more than what he is.

With his size, talent, and athleticism he should probably be more than what he is but he's a decent role player.

He's a solid defender with a pretty nice shot.

Underachiever? Yes. But I wouldn't go as far as "sucks."

Definitely not, and never has been, worth the MLE, though.

I would definitely classify him in the "sucks" category. His game is horrible. That he's rated at all makes him one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

He's been in the NBA for six years. In five of those six years, he's had a PER of less than nine. To put that in perspective, Udoka sucked this year and his PER was above nine. Even Jacque Vaughn's PER has been above nine in two out of his three years in SA.

Pavlovic's defense is overrated. He got a DNP-CD in Game 1 of the ECF and then after LeBron begged for him to play, Pavlovic proceeded to get lit up by the Magic perimeter players repeatedly. On athleticism alone he's a decent perimeter player but not good enough to make up for his bad offense.

I'd be mad if the Spurs offered him anything over the minimum. The only reason to sign him is in hopes that he could repeat his 2007 performance and hope that his age allows him to have some upside. (But it should be noted that some have questioned his true age.)

If it came down to it, I'd much rather have Udoka back. Udoka is a better defender, better scorer and much better rebounder. Pavlovic can jump, hit three-pointers sometimes but the rest of his game is garbage.

No offense to any Pavlovic fans :smokin

Blackjack
06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I would definitely classify him in the "sucks" category. His game is horrible. That he's rated at all makes him one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

Clearly your hatred and disdain has blinded you to the greatness of Sasha. I'll pray for you.:smokin

He's been in the NBA for six years. In five of those six years, he's had a PER of less than nine. To put that in perspective, Udoka sucked this year and his PER was above nine. Even Jacque Vaughn's PER has been above nine in two out of his three years in SA.

I'm going to have to plead ignorance on the PER.

I'm somewhat familiar with them and do give them some credence, but I'd definitely say I'm more of an old-school guy.

Numbers can be a nice indicator and the PER's you mention might very well be accurate, but they don't take into account injuries, rhythm, timing, roster moves, etc.

Pavlovic's defense is overrated. He got a DNP-CD in Game 1 of the ECF and then after LeBron begged for him to play, Pavlovic proceeded to get lit up by the Magic perimeter players repeatedly. On athleticism alone he's a decent perimeter player but not good enough to make up for his bad offense.

It's hard to fault the guy for how he played against Orlando.(Although, didn't they win the game after James lobbied for him to get minutes?) I mean, they did just dust the guy off and throw him in the mix.

The last couple of years, whether it be injury, contract, or the addition of better players, has seen Sasha's minutes and role diminish. It's kind of hard to be a productive role player when you're never able to get in a rhythm individually or with teammates; new or old.

I'd be mad if the Spurs offered him anything over the minimum. The only reason to sign him is in hopes that he could repeat his 2007 performance and hope that his age allows him to have some upside. (But it should be noted that some have questioned his true age.)

Agree, for the most part.:tu

If it came down to it, I'd much rather have Udoka back. Udoka is a better defender, better scorer and much better rebounder. Pavlovic can jump, hit three-pointers sometimes but the rest of his game is garbage.

Pavlovic is a better on-ball perimeter defender that possesses an upside and an ability to be more of an X-factor on a given night, but Udoka is the more consistent, know-what-you're-getting-type player.

Udoka's professionalism and demeanor is something Sasha severely lacks, as Sasha tends to float and have his work-ethic questioned, so Udoka would definitely seem to be the pick for Pop, if it ever actually came to that.

No offense to any Pavlovic fans :smokin

If I were one of those, none would be taken.:hat