06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Great video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/090609_admiral.html

cherylsteele
06-11-2009, 12:19 AM
nice

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Man I really miss him. It's pussy faggots like gasol that make me even appreciate The Admiral even more. Even though he was one of if not THE most athletic big men ever, I remember him as a bruiser who wasn't scared to get posterized like so many guys today which is why he career averaged 3 BPG

ducks
06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
yeah with him this last year
spurs win it all

SequSpur
06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
yeah with him this last year
spurs win it all

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/snilloc75/retard.jpg

Muser
06-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Not only a great player, but also a great person.

holcs50
06-11-2009, 05:24 AM
yea miss that guy a lot. Nothing like watching robi as I grew up. DHoward should pop in a LOT of videos of robinson because he does have the athletic ability/body type but has a long way to go on the O end and a little more on the D end.

urunobili
06-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Gr8 Find Spurs Brazil! thanks :tu

FromWayDowntown
06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Saw 5-0 at the gym a couple of weeks ago out shooting the ball with his boys and some other kids. I found myself awestruck seeing him in person. Absolutely awestruck.

SenorSpur
06-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Other than the great Julius Erving, there hasn't been another pro basketball player that has meant as much to me as the Big Dave. Class act, great player and HOF human being. I'm just as awestruck by what he's accomplished off the court, as all he accomplished on the court. As good a guy as there is.

ajh18
06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
yea miss that guy a lot. Nothing like watching robi as I grew up. DHoward should pop in a LOT of videos of robinson because he does have the athletic ability/body type but has a long way to go on the O end and a little more on the D end.

Back in the day, David was like Amare on offense, Howard on the boards, and better defensively (and a better shot-blocker) than either of them.

whottt
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd say Drob was better offensively than Amare and better defensively than Howard, what I would not say is that he is a better rebounder than Howard. I wouldn't say he's a better rebounder than Duncan, and I think Howard is a better rebounder than Duncan. And Duncan is a great rebounder...Duncan's rebounding(not his block scoring) might actually be the best part of his game. But Howard is out of this world as a rebounder...one of the best to come down the pike in a couple of decades.

Rebounding and scoring on doubles were probably the weakest part of the Admiral's game IMO...to put it in perspective though, Drob still lead the NBA in total rebounds, twice.

He was better offensively than Amare and defensively than Howard though...he was much faster and more athletic than either of them as well IMO.

The Admiral's speed and athleticism cannot be overstated...it's not even fair to other C's to compare him to them...Drob's speed is better served in comparisons to PG's and his athleticism is better served in comparisons with 2 guards and small forwards.

Truly.