PDA

View Full Version : Moving Company suggestions

King
06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm moving in late June and looking for a moving company, and haven't heard anything about any of them, good or bad.

Any suggestions? And can somebody give me a ballpark price?

CubanMustGo
06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
That's just a bit vague.

Where are you moving from ?
Where are you moving to ?
How much stuff do you have to move (a whole big houseful, an apartment, ...)

Way big difference between moving a couple of rooms across town and a whole house across the country.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm interested in this topic too.

I'd like a moving company that comes into your house packs all your things in boxes, loads them on the truck, delivers to the new residence (across town), unpacks them and puts everything where it goes. I know it won't be cheap, but I don't like packing/unpacking.

lefty
06-10-2009, 11:28 PM
CHeck ad websites

Big companies screw you big time

pkbpkb81
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
i know a Mexican and a fat redneck that will do it for a for a 12 pack each

they are two of my best friends good people

SequSpur
06-11-2009, 12:21 AM
hire some vatos, rent a uhaul and you're good.

Tonto
06-11-2009, 12:33 AM
nomad tonto expert mover
for three shell and one necklace i move your teepee
and give you louisiana territory
i find deal with paleface

ChumpDumper
06-11-2009, 02:44 AM
I don't know about SA, but up here there are firemen who move houses in their off time. Going from my friend's recommendation, they are huge and helpful.

spurster
06-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm interested in this topic too.

I'd like a moving company that comes into your house packs all your things in boxes, loads them on the truck, delivers to the new residence (across town), unpacks them and puts everything where it goes. I know it won't be cheap, but I don't like packing/unpacking.

You could make it a Spurstalk party. Rent a truck, buy packing materials, and offer free beer.

King
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
That's just a bit vague.

Where are you moving from ?
Where are you moving to ?
How much stuff do you have to move (a whole big houseful, an apartment, ...)

Way big difference between moving a couple of rooms across town and a whole house across the country.

Moving about five miles away - and it's a moderate amount of furniture. A two bedroom town house, 1300 sq feet - into a 2900 sq foot. But, obviously only enough furniture to fill about 1300.

We won't need much packing - just heavy lifting and a big truck. I know there's the option of friends, but I want to look into a company first - as nobody likes doing it.

z0sa
06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
We won't need much packing - just heavy lifting and a big truck. I know there's the option of friends, but I want to look into a company first - as nobody likes doing it.

Are you sure you just have no friends? :bking

seriously though, doesn't sound like its an awful shitload. I doubt it'd take you and a couple buddies more than 4-5 hours or so for the big stuff since the two locations are so close.

robino2001
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Moving about five miles away - and it's a moderate amount of furniture. A two bedroom town house, 1300 sq feet - into a 2900 sq foot. But, obviously only enough furniture to fill about 1300.

SA I assume? I can't recommend SA area companies but we did a similar move in the Austin area in 07... only had them move the major heavy stuff I was too lazy/afraid to carry down stairs at the apartment. Probably 10-12 major pieces, 2 hours and $150 later, it was all done. Well worth the money spent.