PDA

View Full Version : Maradona...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-11-2009, 12:54 AM
I just want to know where are all the idiots that were so faithful he was going to do a good job? Dumbasses here in Argentina need to try and realize that the only thing Maradona was ever good at was playing football. That's PLAYING! not coaching!

The worst thing about this whole bullshit is the only way Maradona is getting sacked is if we don't make the World Cup. That means we're FUCKED!!

sonic21
06-11-2009, 03:53 AM
i think he'll be gone if argentina loses against brazil

sonic21
06-11-2009, 03:56 AM
oh and france is fucked too, i don't think we're gonna make the WC with dumbass domenech as a coach.

MB20
06-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I just want to know where are all the idiots that were so faithful he was going to do a good job? Dumbasses here in Argentina need to try and realize that the only thing Maradona was ever good at was playing football. That's PLAYING! not coaching!

The worst thing about this whole bullshit is the only way Maradona is getting sacked is if we don't make the World Cup. That means we're FUCKED!!

Because it was Maradona´s fault that Tevez missed a penalty kick, Gago missed an easy goal, Messi sucked.
Yeah, blame the coach. :rolleyes

velik_m
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
If Argentina fails to qualify is Messi still a frontrunner for player of the year?

On a side note Slovenian U-19 made the European championship along with England, France, Spain, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland and Ukraine (hosts).

MB20
06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
If Argentina fails to qualify is Messi still a frontrunner for player of the year?

On a side note Slovenian U-19 made the European championship along with England, France, Spain, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland and Ukraine (hosts).

I don´t know if Messi will be player of the year or not, but Argentina will qualify for the WC. We lost 2 games, but we are still close.
Too bad we have Brazil at home, and Paraguay away next.
Worst case, we end at 5th place and play a game vs the 4th of Concacaf (North and Central America). Current 4th there is Mexico. :wow

Ariel
06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Because it was Maradona´s fault that Tevez missed a penalty kick, Gago missed an easy goal, Messi sucked.
Yeah, blame the coach. :rolleyes
I agree. This one time, Maradona can´t be blamed for the loss. Argentina played probably the smartest game in Quito´s 2,800 meters altitude in decades... but if you miss the many chances we had, including a penalty and two others that were tougher to miss than they were to score, then you´re not going to win regardless.

Still, I fully blame Maradona on the La Paz catastrophe (for his stupid attempt at buying his own crap that playing above 3,600 meters of altitude doesn´t constitute a huge advantage to the host) and the Colombia fiasco last saturday. Those were all on him.

fotan2
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
if Argentina is going to hire a new coach, i will recommend Héctor Cúper. Argentina soccer was, is and will be too offensive oriented. Héctor Cúper will bring them some defence.

MB20
06-11-2009, 11:23 AM
if Argentina is going to hire a new coach, i will recommend Héctor Cúper. Argentina soccer was, is and will be too offensive oriented. Héctor Cúper will bring them some defence.

"Some" defense? :lol
Cuper would play only 1 forward...:rollin

MB20
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I agree. This one time, Maradona can´t be blamed for the loss. Argentina played probably the smartest game in Quito´s 2,800 meters altitude in decades... but if you miss the many chances we had, including a penalty and two others that were tougher to miss than they were to score, then you´re not going to win regardless.

Still, I fully blame Maradona on the La Paz catastrophe (for his stupid attempt at buying his own crap that playing above 3,600 meters of altitude doesn´t constitute a huge advantage to the host) and the Colombia fiasco last saturday. Those were all on him.

Yes.
Going all out against Bolivia in La Paz was his mistake.
And playing Gago vs Colombia in a position he never played before, aggravated by a defense of 3, was terrible. Gago was lost there, and he had nobody to cover his back. We still won the game, so I´ll take it. And it doesn´t speak well of the Colombian team.

Libri
06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I don´t know if Messi will be player of the year or not, but Argentina will qualify for the WC. We lost 2 games, but we are still close.
Too bad we have Brazil at home, and Paraguay away next.
Worst case, we end at 5th place and play a game vs the 4th of Concacaf (North and Central America). Current 4th there is Mexico. :wow

Mexico is on life support.

IronMexican
06-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Mexico is on life support.

Mexico is done. El fucking Salvador....

Phenomanul
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Mexico is done. El fucking Salvador....

And they were pathetic yesterday against T&T at home... Seems like they forgot how to score.

Good thing for the Mexican side that Blanco is back... he was the only destabilizing force yesterday even if his age is finally catching up with him...

In fact, his remarkable play only serves to showcase the idiocy behind LaVolpe's vendetta-driven decision to leave him off of the previous WC squad... Blanco still has a feel for the game...

Good thing Carlos Vela and Rafael Márquez, and Pavel Pardo will all be available for the next qualifying games.

IronMexican
06-12-2009, 01:41 AM
We all thought Cuao has been losing it for a long time. It's makes me scratch my head at how good he plays for his age. I too thought he was done back in 2006.