PDA

View Full Version : Shep Smith attacks right-wing 'crazies'

JoeChalupa
06-11-2009, 08:49 AM
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100732

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith, host of the top-rated evening cable newscast, believes Americans challenging the eligibility of Barack Obama to hold the office
of president are "crazies," saying "there is no truth whatsoever" to the suggestion Obama is not a "natural born citizen."

Smith made the remark during analysis of today's shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, where an elderly gunman opened fire with a rifle, killing a security guard before himself being shot. Police were probing an alleged white supremacist, James von Brunn, as the assailant.

During his interview with Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center, Smith said:

"There are these crazies out there who want to pretend [Obama's] not a citizen of the United States, who want to pretend that his religion is something they see as in some way troublesome to them and all of us. And there is a group perpetuating this thought, and there is a culture to which you can attach yourself very easily through the Internet. ... We know it's absolutely – there is no truth whatsoever – zero – to any of those ideas, yet they live within the computer and they fester in people's minds."

I watched it last night and he was reading some e-mails from right-wing nuts. Some of them sounded like they could have
come from Joe Pags.
Just found it interesting since so many on the right think they don't have nutjobs.

JoeChalupa
06-11-2009, 08:55 AM
bxvunbIWNyI

clambake
06-11-2009, 08:58 AM
it's not the first time he's called out the nutty right.

fox has to be encouraging it.

JoeChalupa
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM
it's not the first time he's called out the nutty right.

fox has to be encouraging it.

+1 They are after all...fair and balanced.

LnGrrrR
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Shepard Smith is relatively decent, actually. I think they must have wired him up wrong. (He's a robot... you didn't know that?)

DarrinS
06-11-2009, 09:08 AM
It is well known that conservatives are anti-Israel. :rolleyes

Some people are just freakin crazy. What's so hard to understand about that?

PixelPusher
06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Shep Smith must have blackmail pics on Murdock. I don't know how the hell he keeps getting away with straying from the talking points mothership.

Barry O'Bama
06-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Is this guy a right wing nut job also?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98NBR100&show_article=1

Winehole23
06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Is this guy a right wing nut job also?I don't know. Does it matter?

LnGrrrR
06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Why is the Arkansas shooter identified as a 'lefty' other than the fact that he shot military recruiters?

What makes him 'lefty'?

Barry O'Bama
06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Why is the Arkansas shooter identified as a 'lefty' other than the fact that he shot military recruiters?

What makes him 'lefty'?

If anything he is waay far to the right with his fundamental islamic beliefs.

jman3000
06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
What makes him 'lefty'?

Because he hates the military.

If anything he is waay far to the right with his fundamental islamic beliefs.

I agree. People shouldn't be afraid to call it like it is just because it happens to be on your side of the fence. Extremes on both sides are dangerous and I'd imagine that the "left" and "right" are closer in ideology than the "right" and "extreme right" or "left" and "extreme left"

too many "'s. gay.

Jacob1983
06-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Have you ever seen Shep's mugshot?