PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Jeremiah Wright says "Jews" are keeping him from President Obama

Barry O'Bama
06-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Speaking of Hate.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_wright_0610jun10,0,7603283.story

JoeChalupa
06-11-2009, 09:47 AM
This will live on forever on FoxNews.
What does this have to do with anything...right now?

jack sommerset
06-11-2009, 11:36 AM
That's Obamas mentor. Spent 20 years listening to him,learning from him. Thats love and admiration. When the Prez is done (3 1/2 years) they will pick up where they left off. I think there was a similar story in the Star wars movies.

BRHornet45
06-11-2009, 11:58 AM
This will live on forever on FoxNews.
What does this have to do with anything...right now?

son yet you still praise people like Letterman who rag on Sarah Palin and her daughter 7 months after the election ... what exactly do they have to do with anything right now? .... double standard?

FaithInOne
06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
son yet you still praise people like Letterman who rag on Sarah Palin and her daughter 7 months after the election ... what exactly do they have to do with anything right now? .... double standard?

For whatever reason, they still feel threatened by Palin.

jack sommerset
06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
For whatever reason, they still feel threatened by Palin.

No shit. That chick has no chance....ZERO. They have ripped this poor girl to shreds!. Cry Havoc should be apalled. (i doubt he is) but they can't stop. The dems are threaten by the messages her and alot of republicans have. If she is so stupid why keep it up.

Oh, Gee!!
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
No shit. That chick has no chance....ZERO. They have ripped this poor girl to shreds!. Cry Havoc should be apalled. (i doubt he is) but they can't stop. The dems are threaten by the messages her and alot of republicans have. If she is so stupid why keep it up.

I agree, I wish nobody in the media would say her name because she comes running to mic any time her name gets mentioned anywhere. pretty soon she'll be scouring message boards looking for attention.

clambake
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
i love her.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2009, 12:37 PM
The Jews are doing a good job with this.

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 03:41 AM
http://mahamatzav.org/2009/01/19/obamas-jewish-staff/

Rahm Emanuel – Chief of Staff – Jewish
David Axelrod – Senior Advisor to the President – Jewish
Ronald Klain – Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States – Jewish
Larry Summers – Economic Advisor to the President – Jewish
Paul Volcker – Economic Advisor to the President, Former Head of Fed Reserve – Jewish
Tim Geithner – Treasury Secretary – Jewish
Peter Orszag – Head of Budget – Jewish

ChumpDumper
06-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Yeah, seven Jews are keeping Obama away from Wright.

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Okay, maybe it's that I'm Jewish, but wouldn't you agree with me that Obama is basically assuring a minyan (http://myrightword.blogspot.com/2008/12/obama-jewish-joke.html), a ten-member prayer quorum?

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Is Obama really Jewish (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/04/obama-jewish.html)?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef01156f16e826970c-500wi (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef01156f16e826970c-pi)

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 03:49 AM
It's in appallingly bad taste, I know...

But it made me laugh to think *the Jews* have already converted Obama, in the context of Rev. Wright's statement.

Jacob1983
06-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Can you imagine what would have happened if Mel Gibson had said this?

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 04:33 AM
Can't we just focus on Wright? How is Mel Gibson relevant?

Are you suggesting Wright is getting off easy because he's black? If that were true, why is he backtracking (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/rev-wright-i-meant-to-say-zionists-are-keeping-me-from-talking-to-president-obama-not-jews.html) now?

Out of the frying pan into the fire...

hope4dopes
06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Can't we just focus on Wright? How is Mel Gibson relevant?

Are you suggesting Wright is getting off easy because he's black? If that were true, why is he backtracking (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/rev-wright-i-meant-to-say-zionists-are-keeping-me-from-talking-to-president-obama-not-jews.html) now?

Out of the frying pan into the fire...

No he go ff easy because he is a black racist who organizes for the democrat party. duh.

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
No he go ff easy because he is a black racist who organizes for the democrat party. duh.Obviously.

Jacob1983
06-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Wright has always gotten off from being a racist. I mean has he ever been punished or disciplined for any of the racist comments that he's made? The guy is a fuckin racist and he never has had to face the consequences of it.

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Wright has always gotten off from being a racist. I mean has he ever been punished or disciplined for any of the racist comments that he's made? The guy is a fuckin racist and he never has had to face the consequences of it.Besides continually being denounced in the press and on bulletin boards.

BTW, what is the usual "punishment" for racists?

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
His own church should discipline him, you mean?

Winehole23
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
And if Wright isn't feeling the heat, why did he backtrack?

Barry O'Bama
06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
"Them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me," Wright said. "I told my baby daughter that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office.” Rev Wright

ChumpDumper
06-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Can you imagine what would have happened if Mel Gibson had said this?He would still be making millions of dollars and getting hot young women knocked up.

LnGrrrR
06-12-2009, 03:28 PM
"Them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me," Wright said. "I told my baby daughter that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office.” Rev Wright

No he won't Wright, because you're a f*ckhead.

George Gervin's Afro
06-12-2009, 03:39 PM
That's Obamas mentor. Spent 20 years listening to him,learning from him. Thats love and admiration. When the Prez is done (3 1/2 years) they will pick up where they left off. I think there was a similar story in the Star wars movies.

:lmao

Jacob1983
06-13-2009, 01:47 AM
He should be disciplined the same way that Michael Richards, Don Imus, and Mel Gibson were. Wright should have to go to a temple or Jewish center and learn about Judaism and Jewish culture. He should also have to meet with Jewish leaders and rabbis and ask for them for forgiveness. He should also have to go to therapy for his racist thoughts, feelings, and comments. And last but not he last, he should be fired.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Wow, board Republicans are sure into political correctness these days.

Winehole23
06-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Not only are they into it, they want to be in charge of it.

Marcus Bryant
06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
The English language is of course against us. Its vocabulary is so large, it is so rich in synonyms, it lends itself so easily and naturally to paraphrase, that one gets up a great facility with indirection almost without knowing it. Our common speech bristles with mere indirect intimations of what we are driving at; and as for euphemisms, they have so far corrupted our vernacular as to afflict us with a chronic, mawkish and self-conscious sentimentalism which violently resents the plain English name of the realities that these euphemisms intimate. This is bad; the upshot of our willingness to accept a reality, provided we do not hear it named, or provided we ourselves are not obliged to name it, leads us to accept many realities that we ought not to accept. It leads to many and serious moral misjudgments of both facts and persons; in other words, it leads straight into a profound intellectual dishonesty.

In the view of intellectual integrity, on the other hand, this advice seems to me about the worst imaginable. In the first place, if the mayor is a liar and a crook, saying so is certainly "reciting facts." It is not calling names," it is not uttering abuse or vituperation; it is a simple and objective recital of fact, and only a weak and sticky supersensitiveness prevents our seeing it as such. In the second place, indirection is so regularly the vehicle of propaganda that the use of it marks the man with an axe to grind. The advice which I have just cited contemplates a person who is more concerned with producing an effect on people's minds than he is with the simple expression of truth and fact. This may be good journalism,—I am not entitled to an opinion about that,—but I can find nothing to say for it on general grounds.

I repeat that I have no thought of weaving a web of implications to entangle Mr. Russell. I may say, however, how greatly I wish he would go at least some little way with me in the belief that, with the revival of free speech which he so ably urges, there should go a revival of plain language.

When we speak freely, let us speak plainly, for plain speech is wholesome; especially, plain speech about public affairs and public men. Mr. Justice McReynolds gave us a noble specimen of it in his dissenting opinion and his accompanying remarks on the gold-clause decision. Such language has not been heard from the Supreme Bench since the days when John Marshall Harlan used to chew up about half a pound of plug tobacco, just "to get a good ready," and then turn loose on his affirming associates with a dissenting opinion that would burn a hole through a rawhide. Nothing like it, indeed, has been heard from any public man in America, as far as I know, since the death of William Jay Gaynor; and it bucked me up almost to the point of believing that there might be some sort of future for the country, after all.

That is the sort of talk we should be hearing on all sides of any and every public question, and with reference to every public man. I have long since given up reading political editorials and the "interpretations" of political reporters. I detest a flavoured stink; and the stench of propaganda that has been soaked in the musk and patchouli of indirection is peculiarly odious. If these interpreters set out, say, to deal with some public man of rank and responsibility who is on the other side of the political fence, they usually begin by buttering up his good intentions, fine gifts and excellent character, and then proceed to associate him with some flagrant piece of political rascality; thus by indirection making it appear that he is actually a knave and a dog. Really, one loses patience with this perpetual and exclusive concern with making people believe something, with "putting something over," rather than with plain objective statement. Even the editorial technique of Mr. Pott and Mr. Slurk had at least the merit of eschewing indirection.

It seems to me indeed that the association of plain language with free speech is a natural one; that legality alone is not enough to ensure free speech. Freedom of speech means more than mere freedom under law. It means freedom under a regime of candour and objectivity; freedom under a paramount concern with truth and clearness of statement, rather than a paramount concern with making one's statements acceptable to the whims and sentimentalisms of an enervated people.

This thought tempts me to go on and examine some specific infringements on the relation between freedom of speech and plainness of language; it brings Jeremy Bentham back to mind, with his chapter on what he calls "impostor-terms." But this essay is already too long, and I must end it here. If my reader's patience holds out, I may take the matter up again and carry it on from where I now leave it.

link (http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~ckank/FultonsLair/013/nock/free_speech.html)