PDA

View Full Version : Security Guard Accused of Theft from Spurs' Parker

Mugshot
06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Guard_accused_of_stealing_from_Tony_Parker.html

A security guard hired to watch over Tony Parker's home has been accused of attempting to hawk on Craigslist an autographed Michael Jordan jersey he swiped from the Spurs guard's personal gymnasium.

Bexar County Sheriff's deputies arrested 22-year-old Christopher James Carolan after linking him to a posting on the online classified Web site for the jersey. Deputies said Carolan resigned from the security company a day before the jersey was advertised on the Web site.

Carolan's former employer, Price Security Company cooperated with detectives and assisted them in finding Carolan, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The investigation also revealed that Carolan had an active felony warrant for an unrelated burglary. He was arrested recently and booked at the Bexar County Jail on the burglary of a habitation warrant. Bond was set at $20,000.

A warrant has been issued for the theft related to the stolen Chicago Bulls jersey.

lefty
06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Yawn

timvp
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
craigslist fail

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
craigslist fail

It really was when you consider BCSD said the jersey had a value of $20K and the CL ad asked for $500 OBO.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
We have a pic of the suspect in our story.

http://www.ksat.com/2009/0611/19724881_134X180.jpg

http://www.ksat.com/sports/19724879/detail.html

What I'm 99.9 percent sure is the ad... http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/clt/1176248194.html

lefty
06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Boozer !!!!

Mugshot
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I thought that Tony Ayala Jr. was in prison.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
the security guard writes like a retard

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I thought that Tony Ayala Jr. was in prison.

Hmmm... there's a name I hadn't seen recently.

Galileo
06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I want to remind everyone that all suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. You should never pass judgement on someone's guilt until you hear both side of the story.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Just updated the story. The jersey was apparently sold for $120.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Just updated the story. The jersey was apparently sold for $120.

That's too bad. I wonder if Tony will go try to buy it back.

PM5K
06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
He got it back according to the article. Idiot lost his job and made a fool of himself in what will probably be national news for 120.00

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-11-2009, 04:57 PM
That's too bad. I wonder if Tony will go try to buy it back.

Carolan told investigators who purchased the jersey and it was returned to Tony today. Tony confirmed this a few hours ago.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-11-2009, 04:58 PM
He got it back according to the article. Idiot lost his job and made a fool of himself in what will probably be national news for 120.00

Well, CNN already linked to our version on their crime page, but it's kinda buried.

Behrooz24
06-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I would've stolen some of Eva's panties, but that's just me.

satown2150
06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
What do you think the buyer was thinking when he found out the jersey was stolen and should he maybe get something since he returned it and is out of his money?

Mugshot
06-11-2009, 07:25 PM
What do you think the buyer was thinking when he found out the jersey was stolen and should he maybe get something since he returned it and is out of his money?

I'd say that at least 35 percent of stuff sold on craigslist is stolen, so you pretty much know what you're getting. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

Summers
06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
1) How does a guy with a felony arrest warrant get a job as a security guard at Tony Parker's house? The company never should have hired him.

2) Craigslist is a stupid place to try to sell something like that. He should've gone with ebay.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I would've stolen some of Eva's panties, but that's just me.

yeh you wouldve sniff them every night b4 you goto sleep, expecially the stain area, cause man you love some parkers juice against ur nose :nope

Summers
06-11-2009, 09:46 PM
yeh you wouldve sniff them every night b4 you goto sleep, expecially the stain area, cause man you love some parkers juice against ur nose :nope

You write some of the most disgusting things. Is shock-value your thing or are you just edit-retarded?

duncan228
06-12-2009, 01:33 AM
The E-N update.

Guard accused of stealing from Tony Parker (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Guard_accused_of_stealing_from_Tony_Parker.html)
By Robert Crowe - Express-News

A security guard hired to watch over Tony Parker's home has been accused of attempting to sell an autographed Michael Jordan jersey on Craigslist after stealing it from the Spurs guard's personal gymnasium.

Bexar County sheriff's deputies charged 22-year-old Christopher James Carolan with theft this week after linking him to a posting on the online classifieds Web site for the jersey.

Carolan's employer, Price Protective Services, confirmed he was working at the gym when Parker's jersey was stolen May 17. Deputies said the Craigslist advertisement was posted May 18.

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office on Thursday said Price Protective Services cooperated with detectives and assisted them in finding Carolan.

The investigation also revealed that Carolan had an active felony warrant in connection with an unrelated burglary. He was arrested June 5 and booked in Bexar County Jail on the burglary of a habitation warrant. Bond was set at $20,000.

Authorities issued a warrant Tuesday for the theft related to the stolen Chicago Bulls jersey, which Parker purchased for $5,000 but is valued at $20,000. Carolan's bond on the theft charge is set at $10,000.

The jersey was returned to Parker on Thursday.

“It means a lot (to have it back),” Parker said at a media event Thursday. “Because even if a jersey wasn't special to you, you still feel like you're violated.”

Employees of Price Protective Services did not immediately return calls.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Parker's business manager, Bill Braden, said they initially investigated the burglary and alerted police after finding the Craigslist advertisement.

The warrant states Carolan denied taking the jersey and resigned from his job when the security company confronted him about the theft.

Later, when Bexar County investigators questioned him, Carolan acknowledged selling a Michael Jordan-autographed jersey on Craigslist but claimed it was a birthday gift that he sold because he needed money.

Investigators were able to locate the person Carolan sold the jersey to and retrieve the jersey, the affidavit states. The document doesn't reveal how much was paid for the jersey.

The Texas Department of Public Safety's Private Security Bureau lists Carolan's status as “active” for a noncommissioned security officer license.

He began working with Price on Feb. 11, less than a month after a grand jury indicted him on a burglary habitation charge related to a Sept. 19 arrest, according to DPS and Bexar County court records.

Carolan also worked for Champion National Security and Securiteck Security, according to the security bureau's Web site.

James Carroll of Champion National Security declined to comment on Carolan's employment history.

“We do a thorough background check on all employees,” Carroll said.

Security companies won't always know if a criminal case has been filed against a security guard after a background check was completed, he said.

Staff Writers Mike Monroe and Valentino Lucio and News Researcher Mike Knoop contributed to this report.

Leftyventricle
06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
here's his myspace. it's all 'gangsta'. his just livin the thug life. don't hate.
http://www.myspace.com/ringmaster210

Mixability
06-12-2009, 03:20 PM
here's his myspace. it's all 'gangsta'. his just livin the thug life. don't hate.
http://www.myspace.com/ringmaster210

Damn, I thought he was your typical thievin' Mexican, but he's black.

SpursWench21
06-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I guess someone forgot to mention to him that Superman stops criminals that murder, rape, abuse, and oh yeah...... STEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should pick a villian to idolize you pathetic piece of shit..

on another note: Jordan's signed jersey is worth 20,000 bones.....holy shit!

Frenzy
06-12-2009, 04:14 PM
the guard should have just asked TP for a signed jersey.