PDA

View Full Version : Rash of motorcycle accidents in San Antone

lebomb
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
..........Ive lived in San Antonio all my life, and I have never seen so many motorcycle accidents in a 1 month period of time ever. It seems like every day someone has been in a severe motorcycle accident. I just saw where a guy on a motorcycle slammed into a car near the airport...........they said he was dead before he hit the ground. :depressed

Blake
06-11-2009, 03:08 PM
motorcycle accidents have been a constant thing for a long time.

I have a buddy in ems that says they constantly refer to them as donorcycles.

lebomb
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
motorcycle accidents have been a constant thing for a long time.

I have a buddy in ems that says they constantly refer to them as donorcycles.

I was contemplating buying a motorcycle to save gas and ride to and from work...........I think Ive changed my mind. I love life.

Bender
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
most m/c accidents are the fault of morons in cars/pickups/suvs.

lebomb
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM

................or drunks driving their bikes, or they were speeding............hardly any of them wear helmets. The guy that died today didnt have a helmet on.

Bender
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I had a bad m/c accident back in my 20s. Yes, no helmet... However, I usually always wore a helmet, I just did not a that particular day.

Got hit by a teenager in a pickup. Left me handicapped for life.

lebomb
06-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I had a bad m/c accident back in my 20s. Yes, no helmet... However, I usually always wore a helmet, I just did not a that particular day.

Got hit by a teenager in a pickup. Left me handicapped for life.

Awwww shit man!!! Sorry to hear about that. Well, I think you just etched my decision to ride a motorcycle in stone.

Bender
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I quit riding for about 10 years afterwards. however, I've been riding again since the late 1990s. IMO, it's better to ride when your older, and not so young.

cornbread
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM

A lot of motorcyclists drive like complete assholes too.

Bender
06-11-2009, 03:40 PM
maybe some of the younger ones. However, it is pretty much impossible to yak on a cell phone, text people on your cell phone, put on your makeup, eat a fast food burger and a biggie soda ..... while riding a motorcycle.

It's a documented fact that quite a few m/c accidents are from morons on 4 wheels turning in front of motorcycles.

King
06-11-2009, 03:43 PM

Most any accident is the result of a moron. Except in a car you can survive somebody else's mistake. On a motorcycle, you rarely do.

Bender
06-11-2009, 03:45 PM
I ride like everyone is out to kill me... because half of them are usually.

Except in a car you can survive somebody else's mistake. On a motorcycle, you rarely do.

living by that mantra, means that everybody should drive around in a gigantic hummer or something.

Taco
06-11-2009, 04:02 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Motorcyclist_killed_in_accident_near_SA_airport.ht ml
Police said the motorcyclist was southbound on Wetmore, when the northbound car — driven by a 60-year-old woman — attempted to turn left into a business

I got my road rash thanks to a lady cutting me off many moons ago.:bang

timvp
06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Is the title of this thread an intended pun?

FaithInOne
06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
lol at these badasses who ride with no helmets...Unless you are the starting QB for the Steelers, you cannot take on 4k lbs of metal.

Your trust in man is too high my friend.

ploto
06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
.Ive lived in San Antonio all my life, and I have never seen so many motorcycle accidents in a 1 month period of time ever.

Maybe the economy and the price of gas has more people riding motorcycles and possibly more who are less experienced riders.

marini martini
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I got road rash from being a passenger of a prick driving a motorcycle, who got pissed and slammed on the brakes, and threw me off. We were at a freakin' M/C rally, and he got a trophy for biggest dumb-ass, or something. Then on the way home to S.A. on IH10, the mo-fo decides to race a Benz at speeds over 100mph. God, I'm glad he's dead!!!:toast

cornbread
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM
maybe some of the younger ones. However, it is pretty much impossible to yak on a cell phone, text people on your cell phone, put on your makeup, eat a fast food burger and a biggie soda ..... while riding a motorcycle.

This does not preclude motorcyclists from driving like morons.

It's a documented fact that quite a few m/c accidents are from morons on 4 wheels turning in front of motorcycles.

Very true, but it's also a documented fact that many motorcycle deaths are from motorcyclists driving like arrogant assholes.

Biernutz
06-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I used to ride bikes but it was the left hand turn in front of you that got me off my bike. I got tired of locking up and almost laying the bike down when some moron would turn in front of you. They way people drive now with cell phones and texting.....it just wasn't fun anymore.

marini martini
06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Some good friends of mine, almost were killed on their '55 custom Harley near Terlingua, when a lady made a left turn in front of them. Thankfully they and the bike are now okay!!!:toast

Bender
06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
motorcycle sales have actually been increasing in the past few years. (at least I think I read that somewhere)

the increase of m/c accidents correlates to the fact that there are many new riders.

Anybody that rides absolutely HAS to consider every other vehicle on the road as the enemy, and ride aware of everything around you.

I've been riding since the mid 1970s, and I'm still here. Some teenager in a pickup put me in intensive care for almost a month though (20+ years ago).

However, you can enjoy riding without taking your life in your hands in rush hour city traffic. Many people just ride on the weekends - country roads, no traffic, nice scenery... I like riding the Texas hill country myself.