PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Games to Beat?

LnGrrrR
06-11-2009, 03:09 PM
What are the hardest games you've ever played? And I'm not talking a game that was cheap or broken... I just mean a legitimately hard game to finish.

Off the top of my head, I'm going with COD4 on the hardest mode, Castlevania, and Mike Tyson's Punchout.

IronMexican
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
God of War on Titan mode. I couldn't even beat the first part.

leemajors
06-11-2009, 03:18 PM
zelda 2

Heath Ledger
06-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Ninja Gaiden Black.
Original Metroid.
R-Type.

mardigan
06-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Dude, I couldn't get past the first Athena statue in God Of War 2 on Titan mode, that shit is impossible. Also Ninja Gaiden for Xbox on the hardest setting was unbelievably difficult.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2009, 07:29 PM
ninja gaiden 2 on master ninja
so fucking frustrating

dirk4mvp
06-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Ninja Gaiden. 2 isn't as hard but it's still pretty difficult. I didn't finish Black because I was tired of getting my ass kicked.

Creepn
06-11-2009, 09:55 PM
100% of Nintendo games. I haven't beat one nintendo game in my whole life. I dont even know the ending of Mario Bros.

Sense
06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Some tetris games..... seriously..

I remember having this game.. where I was a square.... no REALLY. a fucking square... cruising around rectangles "mazes" or some shit... oh and there was a key... and a duck.

WTF.

lefty
06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Yao Ming in NBA 2k9 :D

IronMexican
06-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Dude, I couldn't get past the first Athena statue in God Of War 2 on Titan mode, that shit is impossible. Also Ninja Gaiden for Xbox on the hardest setting was unbelievably difficult.

Same.

ace3g
06-12-2009, 01:59 AM
100% of Nintendo games. I haven't beat one nintendo game in my whole life. I dont even know the ending of Mario Bros.

I was basically going to say the same thing, the old NES games, sometimes you would never know how many levels there were or how hard the bosses were.

Jacob1983
06-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition

resistanze
06-12-2009, 08:00 AM

You should've played Kirby's adventure :lol

But you're right for the most part. I owned about 30 NES games, and I probably only beat 10 of them without Game Genie.

resistanze
06-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I think Devil May Cry 3 on hardest difficulty (PS2) was insane.

stretch
06-12-2009, 08:14 AM
NES Ninja Gaiden. Level 6-2 is the biggest fucking pain in the ass in video game history.

florige
06-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Wolverine Origins. There is nooo way in hell I could had beaten that game without a cheat code for invincibility. Certain parts are damn near impossible to get by without it. I did figure out how to beat the final boss without cheating though.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-12-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.zonadepruebas.com/foro/imagenes/et_2600_1.jpg
http://z.about.com/d/classicgames/1/0/a/2/-/-/RaidersAtari.jpg
http://ui07.gamespot.com/38/blastermaster_2.jpg

Cry Havoc
06-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden 2.

Cry Havoc
06-12-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.zonadepruebas.com/foro/imagenes/et_2600_1.jpg
http://z.about.com/d/classicgames/1/0/a/2/-/-/RaidersAtari.jpg

He said games that weren't broken.

E.T. was shit. Blaster Master wasn't that tough. It was very possible to beat.

jman3000
06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
If you play CoD 4 on Veteran like it was a Rainbow Six game it's actually not that bad to beat at all.

The only old game I can recall as being hard for me was a Star Trek game I had for the Genesis. Recent games would be Earth Defense Force on Inferno mode, CoD 2 on Veteran (Hill 402 or whatever is insane), and getting to a million points in Geometry Wars.

Thunder Dan
06-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Donkey Kong......they actually made a documentary about it

stretch
06-12-2009, 11:33 AM

:wow

i forgot about that game

hard as shit

stretch
06-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Double Dragon 3.

Star Soldier.

florige
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
What are the hardest games you've ever played? And I'm not talking a game that was cheap or broken... I just mean a legitimately hard game to finish.

Off the top of my head, I'm going with COD4 on the hardest mode, Castlevania, and Mike Tyson's Punchout.

It took me about 2 days to beat Mike Tyson. I had a much harder time with Super Macho Man than with Tyson.

stretch
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
It took me about 2 days to beat Mike Tyson. I had a much harder time with Super Macho Man than with Tyson.

Really? My hardest guy was Mr. Sandman. Other than him and Tyson, everyone else was pretty easy to me. He was so much different than anyone else in the game.

florige
06-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Really? My hardest guy was Mr. Sandman. Other than him and Tyson, everyone else was pretty easy to me. He was so much different than anyone else in the game.

Idk, once I got the timing down with Tyson I used to show off for my friends and toy around with him. But for whatever reason I could never figure out Macho Man's tactics. I can't remember Sandman. I know I did beat him though. I tried playing Tyson like a month ago and he was beating the crap out of me. lol I lost the timing when he starts throwing those damn jabs.

monosylab1k
06-12-2009, 11:57 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/M.C._Kids_Cover.jpg

monosylab1k
06-12-2009, 11:58 AM
The last time you fight Bald Bull was always the toughest guy for me. Don't know why. Soda Popinski was a pain in the ass but not too tough. I never had alot of trouble with Macho Man or Sandman.

Mister Sinister
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
The Silver Surfer game for the NES.

BlackSwordsMan
06-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Ninja Gaiden. 2 isn't as hard but it's still pretty difficult. I didn't finish Black because I was tired of getting my ass kicked.

play on master ninja and try fighting a group of incendiary ninjas

Dex
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
I've probably started this game about six-thousand times, but have yet to make it all the way through. Something always inevitably comes along to remind me why I didn't like this game. Once Donatello and Leonardo go out, you're done for.

Battletoads (NES)
It's all cake until you get to the third stage. It's a mindfuck beyond that.

Paperboy (NES)
You're constantly running out of papers, running out of customers, running out of time, and as if that's not enough, there's the crazy bitch with the butcher knife who has a problem with The Daily Times.

florige
06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I've probably started this game about six-thousand times, but have yet to make it all the way through. Something always inevitably comes along to remind me why I didn't like this game. Once Donatello and Leonardo go out, you're done for.

Battletoads (NES)

Paperboy (NES)
You're constantly running out of papers, running out of customers, running out of time, and as if that's not enough, there's the crazy bitch with the butcher knife who has a problem with The Daily Times.

Which Ninja Turtles? The arcade version, or the other version where they are driving around in the turtle van? :lol

Cry Havoc
06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Which Ninja Turtles? The arcade version, or the other version where they are driving around in the turtle van? :lol

He's talking about the top down/side scroller. The very first game. It was ridiculous.

Actually, I take it back. This is the hardest game I've ever seen:

sQZuidKexBQ

stretch
06-12-2009, 12:46 PM
The Silver Surfer game for the NES.

lol, AVGN

stretch
06-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Battletoads (NES)

Damn, i forgot about that game. That may be the hardest game ive ever played.

florige
06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
He's talking about the top down/side scroller. The very first game. It was ridiculous.

Actually, I take it back. This is the hardest game I've ever seen:

sQZuidKexBQ

I was going to say because the Arcade version was easy.

Dex
06-12-2009, 01:11 PM

I'm talking about the original for the NES.

The Arcade Version was a classic, and was released as TMNT2 for the NES. That is one of the few arcade games I plugged enough quarters into to see all the way to the end. :smokin

stretch
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
in6RZzdGki8

this = hardest game ever

E20
06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah what stretch just posted seems like a bitch, also Silver Surfer, but for me personally:

System Shock II and Castlevania Chronicles.

BlackSwordsMan
06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
in6RZzdGki8

this = hardest game ever

:lmao wtf

BlackSwordsMan
06-12-2009, 01:41 PM
sounds like christoper walken

BlackSwordsMan
06-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I watched all 23 mins
funny stuff trying to post another mario video that's funny buy shittube is down

lefty
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Damn, I miss those vintage games !!!!

Not as technologically advanced than what we have now (duh), but fun and entertaining.

Remind of the good ol' days

Plus, the cartridges would load the games in seconds, and you didn't have to remember the buttons combos for every single game.
A = hit/shoot
B = jump :lol

Mister Sinister
06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
lol, AVGN
Erg. I *hate* the AVGN.

Angry VG Nerd
06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Erg. I *hate* the AVGN.

Reading your post is like puking on a pile of shit. How about you eat a dinosaur shit sandwich along with a hearty bubbling bowl of goat piss?

BlackSwordsMan
06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Reading your post is like puking on a pile of shit. How about you eat a dinosaur shit sandwich along with a hearty bubbling bowl of goat piss?

this troll is a shit load of fuck on a steaming pile of horse manure

Angry VG Nerd
06-12-2009, 04:10 PM
this troll is a shit load of fuck on a steaming pile of horse manure

How about I shit on your face, rip off your dick, and force feed you spoonfuls of buffalo shizz?

BlackSwordsMan
06-12-2009, 04:11 PM
how about i shit on your face, rip off your dick, and force feed you spoonfuls of buffalo shizz?

ljn

Angry VG Nerd
06-12-2009, 04:13 PM
ljn

Oh god... please... fucking christ NO!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Cry Havoc
06-12-2009, 05:22 PM
ljn

:lmao

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-12-2009, 05:42 PM
When I was 10, I wanted to kill the makers of Ghosts 'n Goblins.

METALMiKE
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Top Gun

z0sa
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
dragon warrior 2

Death In June
06-13-2009, 01:10 AM
The NES Ghost and Goblins was probably the hardest game I've ever played, and it was a cock slap to the face when you finally did beat that game the first time. Donkey Kong is a close second. Beating Tyson in punch out, a distant third.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Super Ghouls and Ghosts for SNES, only an asian of the highest caliber could possibly beat this game

(which is related to ghosts and goblins IIRC)

florige
06-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Top Gun

+1000 :lol It took me damn near a year just to figure out how to land on the damn aircraft carrier without over shooting it.

stretch
06-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Top Gun gets hard starting around level 3. I could always beat the first 2 pretty easily.

Top Gun 2 is pretty tough though from the get go. Level 2 is a bitch because everyone shoots like 3 missles the second they see you, then you have to dodge a shitload of trees which makes no fucking sense since you are in an airplane and should just be able to fly over them.

resistanze
06-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone ever play Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warship for NES? That shit was not only difficult, but trippy as fuck.

Think the second last level was called 'Urownd' :lol

z1fUiKYYews

sabar
06-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Ninja Gaiden for the NES is pretty ridiculous. Stage 6 is pretty much impossible to finish if you take too much damage because if you die to any of the 3 bosses you get to do the whole thing again. Couple this with the fact that stage 6-2 is just retarded and you have an extremely frustrating game, even when using save states on an emulator. The brown eagle/hawk enemies are easily the most retarded thing ever placed in a video game. They do more damage than bullets, rockets, swords, bosses, everything.

RcXlETxFLqo

Oh, and if you dont know that jump-slash does more damage than normal, you are in for a harder game.

ATRAIN
06-15-2009, 07:58 AM

http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/184/014/12/o_nes_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles.jpg

stretch
06-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Ninja Gaiden for the NES is pretty ridiculous. Stage 6 is pretty much impossible to finish if you take too much damage because if you die to any of the 3 bosses you get to do the whole thing again. Couple this with the fact that stage 6-2 is just retarded and you have an extremely frustrating game, even when using save states on an emulator. The brown eagle/hawk enemies are easily the most retarded thing ever placed in a video game. They do more damage than bullets, rockets, swords, bosses, everything.

RcXlETxFLqo

Oh, and if you dont know that jump-slash does more damage than normal, you are in for a harder game.

I spent hours upon hours on stage 6-2 and 6-3. I finally figured them out, and to this day, I can still usually beat them after losing only about 4 or 5 lives, as opposed to dying 20+ times, throwing the controller at the screen, and turning the game off, having to do it all over since theres no saves or passwords.

The key to the game definitely is having the jump-slash. That thing makes the game too easy, especially bosses. If you do it enough times, you can actually kill Ryu's father without hitting that orange ball thing. Well, all it does is make him explode, but to beat the level, you still have to destroy the orange ball. But its hilarious when you can beat bosses in one hit with that thing.

Death In June
06-15-2009, 01:36 PM
That dude in the video is cribbing from AVG, only he's doing a shit job of it.

florige
06-15-2009, 10:27 PM
http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/184/014/12/o_nes_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles.jpg

This one is better imo. The graphics are better on the arcade version, but this one has more options.

DarkReign
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Wolverine Origins.

Not being a dick, but...

Huh? Walked through that game in a day.

Dex
06-16-2009, 02:22 PM
U3NfG0vDdRo

I beat this stage exactly one time. I was hanging out with a friend, and had ingested the perfect mix of Dos Equis and Wendy's. He had already lamed out, and I was literally sitting and bitching about how impossible the stage was while I went through it. I completely lucked out and zoomed through the last part without dying once.

Then I got to stage 4, summarily got my ass handed to me, and never picked up the 'Toads again.

r86NLwCYXfk

This has been posted before, but it seemed appropriate for this thread as well.

ManuTP9
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Dead Space to me , the game is good as hell but i cant get past the level when you have to shoot all those meteors before the time runs out.

BlackSwordsMan
06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Dead Space to me , the game is good as hell but i cant get past the level when you have to shoot all those meteors before the time runs out.

aim only towards the middle and use LT RT separately

BlackSwordsMan
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM

RcXlETxFLqo

funny video review
Awesome looking game. Hope they release it on xbla

KidCongo
06-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I wanna be the guy!

Impossible!

iggypop123
06-21-2009, 11:03 PM
cod 4 vip on veteran. i think only 3% of the people who bought the game were able to pass it

manufan10
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/M.C._Kids_Cover.jpg

I don't think I ever beat that game!

manufan10
06-22-2009, 11:33 AM
paperboy (nes)
you're constantly running out of papers, running out of customers, running out of time, and as if that's not enough, there's the crazy bitch with the butcher knife who has a problem with the daily times.

+1

SpursWench21
06-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Battletoads (NES)

Paperboy (NES)

Agreed.

I had both Ninja Turtels....the original. Impossible to beat. You simply run out of turtles and boy did i hate that fucking water level.

Paperboy...hard too, i could never escape the lady or whatever that chases you.

Rad racer? i dont remember beating this..ever

Turok 2, got to the very end and didnt finish...i forget why but i think the level became too large and complicated to run through and i got tired of running around.

and there were others, but i could go on for hours.

on that note, i wonder how fast/slow i would get through these same games today...either way i miss being a kid and having the only worry in my life be that i cant get through a specific level....:depressed miss those days

AnthonyM
06-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Bump.

It's 4:15 in the morning, and Ninja Gaiden has been running on my computer for approximately 26 hours. Fuck you level 6-2.

I was going to start a thread about the hardest games to beat, but upon searching found this one. And to no fucking surprise Ninja Gaiden for NES litters this thread.

Aside from that...if anyone ever played Amagon for the NES, that game is really difficult too just because you die instantly from one hit...Don't think I've gotten past level 2-1 in that game.

Edit: TMNT is just ridiculous also. I would say Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 are tough if you want to play it straight through...but both games have such an abundance of secrets that I can't rank 'em up there with most difficult.

Xevious
06-25-2010, 10:53 AM
When I was 10, I wanted to kill the makers of Ghosts 'n Goblins.
I was going to say the same thing. That game probably took a decade or more off my life expectancy from stress it caused. It raises my blood pressure to think about to this day.

Astyanax for NES was the same. I don't think I progressed passed the first level.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2010, 11:31 AM
I smashed battle toads when I was a kid. Loved that game.

Nathan Explosion
06-25-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.thespeedgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Oddworld-PAL-box.jpg

Did any of you all play this game? Game was fucking impossible to beat with the good ending. It was hard to beat period.

Booharv
06-26-2010, 02:36 AM
The original Contra was near impossible even with the up, up, down, down, etc. cheat code. It was comical trying without the code. I never beat it tbh.

phyzik
06-26-2010, 03:03 AM
The original Contra was near impossible even with the up, up, down, down, etc. cheat code. It was comical trying without the code. I never beat it tbh.

Fail Gamer.....

you have no IDEA what hard is...

Contra aint shit.

AnthonyM
06-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I feel like most people should be naming NES games tbh.

I don't really count a certain game on the hardest difficulty being one of the hardest games to beat. I feel that a game is hard to beat because it was the game itself was difficult to beat...not because you put it on the hardest difficulty.

And, because NES games had no saves, and had tons of glitches/respawning enemies in certain games...that makes most NES games some of the hardest to beat.

Games like God of War and Metal Gear are difficult but they really don't have shit on NES games because those games had saves and didn't have respawning enemies that owned your soul.

And, Ninja Gaiden has been running for near 48 hours on my computer now...but I don't want to turn it off.

jacobdrj
06-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Hexen - Even with the guide and the cheat codes is damn impossible.
http://peter1989.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/hexen.png

The Hive - Trimark even released a patch to make the game easier, and it is STILL almost impossible to kill the queen at the end. Way harder than Rebel Assault 1 and 2.
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/object/003/003804/609252boxart_160w.jpg

Flashback - Don't know if it was a glitch in the game or ineptitude on my part, but I just couldn't beat this side-scroller...
http://yannick.fleurit.free.fr/GameDesign/Camera%20Screenshots/Flashback.jpg

Muser
06-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2. You got all the way to the final stage only to get no rings and have to beat 2 bosses.

Muser
06-27-2010, 03:42 AM
And Devil May Cry 3, Capcom fucked up the difficulty settings on it.

Creepn
06-27-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.thespeedgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Oddworld-PAL-box.jpg

Did any of you all play this game? Game was fucking impossible to beat with the good ending. It was hard to beat period.

Man I loved this game. It was so unique. Didnt, think it was that hard to beat though unless you normaly have difficulty with puzzle games.

z0sa
06-27-2010, 06:50 AM
I'm playing TMNT on my Droid, and the slightly less responsive controls are make that shit so much harder. :lol

velik_m
06-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Hexen - Even with the guide and the cheat codes is damn impossible.
http://peter1989.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/hexen.png

What is so impossible about Hexen?

jacobdrj
06-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Hexen is insane!

I have the official guide, and still couldn't beat it. The puzzles were just so difficult. Without cheating I never got past the 4th level.

Not only that, but even if you had cheat codes on, with god mode and unlimited ammo/magic, and even no-clipping on (walk through walls) the main boss can STILL KILL YOU! I couldn't even CHEAT to win!

resistanze
06-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I feel like most people should be naming NES games tbh.

I don't really count a certain game on the hardest difficulty being one of the hardest games to beat. I feel that a game is hard to beat because it was the game itself was difficult to beat...not because you put it on the hardest difficulty.

And, because NES games had no saves, and had tons of glitches/respawning enemies in certain games...that makes most NES games some of the hardest to beat.

Games like God of War and Metal Gear are difficult but they really don't have shit on NES games because those games had saves and didn't have respawning enemies that owned your soul.

And, Ninja Gaiden has been running for near 48 hours on my computer now...but I don't want to turn it off.

You using an emulator? Can't you just use the 'save state' command and pick up where you left off?

Dex
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2. You got all the way to the final stage only to get no rings and have to beat 2 bosses.

Like most video game bosses, really not too difficult once you get the patterns down.

Now beating Sonic 2 with all of the Chaos emeralds...theres a goddamn challenge.

Muser
06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Like most video game bosses, really not too difficult once you get the patterns down.

Now beating Sonic 2 with all of the Chaos emeralds...theres a goddamn challenge.

The last 2/3 special stages were brutal. Especially if you were playing with Tails in the background.

Avitus1
06-27-2010, 01:29 PM

I beat the first one on Titan mode and it took forever. I tried to beat GoW2 on Titan mode and couldn't get past Theseus.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Demons Souls is kinda hard

Muser
06-27-2010, 05:24 PM
I completed Devil May Cry 4 on the hardest mode + Lost Planet on Extreme mode, both were bitches to complete.

Booharv
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Fail Gamer.....

Contra aint shit.

Lol http://pc.ign.com/articles/774/774907p2.html

Contra named hardest game ever by ign. Took me like .2 seconds of googling to prove you wrong.

Cry Havoc
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Lol http://pc.ign.com/articles/774/774907p2.html

Contra named hardest game ever by ign. Took me like .2 seconds of googling to prove you wrong.

And with the code its a cakewalk. You suck. I must have beaten it 15-20 times with the konami code.

AnthonyM
06-27-2010, 09:01 PM
You using an emulator? Can't you just use the 'save state' command and pick up where you left off?

I was using virtualnes.com. It's an online emulator, not one I actually downloaded and only certain games on that site have save states. Ninja Gaiden did not.

But I downloaded an emulator and ended up beating it using save states, I just wanted to try to beat it without them and basically gave up.

AnthonyM
06-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm playing TMNT on my Droid, and the slightly less responsive controls are make that shit so much harder. :lol

On my Incredible, it's near impossible to play any game of the like. Games with a lot of movement would be impossible to beat using Nesoid.

I may just uninstall it from my phone because there's almost no point in having it.

jacobdrj
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
TNMT is LEGENDARY in its difficulty quotient.

Oooh, now I am going WAY back:

Zoop - had an IMPOSSIBLE learning curve! Fun, but so hard I just gave up after a few minutes...

http://www.vidgames.com/ps/screens/zoop2.jpg

Spursfan092120
06-27-2010, 10:38 PM
http://in10words.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/castlevania.jpg

No question.

z0sa
06-27-2010, 10:59 PM
On my Incredible, it's near impossible to play any game of the like. Games with a lot of movement would be impossible to beat using Nesoid.

I may just uninstall it from my phone because there's almost no point in having it.

I give Nesoid props, because it works much better than I expected initially, especially the onscreen controller. That said, the random split second delay from not hitting a button right/the button not responding is a killer. You end up having to glance beneath your thumbs at the controls at the same time you're playing to make sure you're gonna nail a move.

BlackSwordsMan
06-27-2010, 11:00 PM
And Devil May Cry 3, Capcom fucked up the difficulty settings on it.

that's why it was re-released as DMC 3 SE with gold and yellow orbs

z0sa
06-27-2010, 11:02 PM

No question.

I'm not sure it's in the upper echelon of hardest games, but it's definitely tough. I'm actually playing this on my Nesoid as well, and surprisingly it is easily the best controlling game of all the platformers I've downloaded. I've been flying through it like it was the old days.

Booharv
06-28-2010, 06:24 AM
You suck.

lol video game smack

I haven't played any games in 8-9 years. You're right, I really wasn't a great player tbh. Never said I was just said that it was the hardest game I played. And .2 seconds later a google search lists the fucking as "the hardest game ever". Read it again, its the one on the bottom. http://pc.ign.com/articles/774/774907p2.html

Contra aint shit.

"Any way you slice it, Contra is hardcore."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/774/774907p2.html

lol butthurt because he said one of the hardest games ever "ain't shit".

Booharv
06-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Notice nowhere did you say anything about the cheat code originally:

Fail Gamer.....

Contra aint shit.

velik_m
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Hexen is insane!

I have the official guide, and still couldn't beat it. The puzzles were just so difficult. Without cheating I never got past the 4th level.

Not only that, but even if you had cheat codes on, with god mode and unlimited ammo/magic, and even no-clipping on (walk through walls) the main boss can STILL KILL YOU! I couldn't even CHEAT to win!

The puzzles are really not that hard, just a lot of running from one place to another and then back again, and searching for that well hidden switch. Hexen is one of my favourite games, great fun, esp. in co-op mode.

leemajors
06-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Hah, Hexen. hadn't thought about that game much since i played the multi on a three comp coax LAN in the dorms.

resistanze
06-28-2010, 03:18 PM
It's funny how a lot of NES games were difficult simply because you could not resume progress in most games after you turn it off. I remember when I first got into emulation in the late 90s I would download every game I owned for NES and beat them with the luxury of resuming whenever I pleased.

balli
06-28-2010, 03:29 PM
It's funny how a lot of NES games were difficult simply because you could not resume progress in most games after you turn it off. I remember when I first got into emulation in the late 90s I would download every game I owned for NES and beat them with the luxury of resuming whenever I pleased.

Seriously. There's no shortage of NES/SNES games that I only learned to truly love once I got save-state abilities.

leemajors
06-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah it was a blast going back to play them in NESticle when that came out. That stupid Japanese Transformers game was still impossible imo.

jacobdrj
06-28-2010, 04:45 PM
IIRC Sunset Riders - was damn near impossible. The last boss was so fast and had so much ammo that even in team mode, you could never beat it.
http://www.co-optimus.com/images/upload/image/classic/sunsetriders03.png

ElNono
06-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.... :D

v2freak
06-28-2010, 05:50 PM
My contribution to this thread:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/dc/ecco_defender_dc_front.JPG

This game was freaking hard; add that to my natural fear of creepy shits that live in the ocean and you have one scary ass, hard to beat game.

Booharv
06-28-2010, 06:40 PM
You know another game I had a real hard time with was Duck Hunt no matter how close I put the gun to the screen, I could never beat it.

http://citizented.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/troll_forums.jpg

AnthonyM
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
The first Megaman was also pretty tough, mainly because there was no passwords...

And because of the damn boss after you beat the 6 robots...If it weren't for the "pause" cheat I'm not sure I ever would have beat that boss...tough game but the ones I mentioned earlier were still tougher but this one should be mentioned...

http://gearcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/megaman1nes.jpg

The Gemini Method
07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
The original Mega Man was cake, but the final bosses were pretty difficult, though.

I used to hate The Boy and his Blob and Friday the 13th...

stretch
07-01-2010, 01:31 PM

No question.

yeah, its pretty tough. definitely up there.

Hooks
07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
God of War 3 or really any game that requires you to be patient, I am REALLY REALLY REALLY impatient when it comes to video games. I just rush the shit outta every game trying to beat it as fast as I can which causes me to die a shit load of times.

AnthonyM
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
The original Mega Man was cake, but the final bosses were pretty difficult, though.

I used to hate The Boy and his Blob and Friday the 13th...

Yeah, the game itself isn't too hard. It's when you get to the bosses is where it got tough.

A Boy and his Blob was sorta hard, and so was Friday the 13th, but I never really got into either of them so I didn't mention them.

stretch
07-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Did anyone play Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on NES?

If so, were any of you able to find the secret door in wave 10, without having the Magic Idol?

Damn near impossible.

TheMACHINE
07-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Top Gun cuz i cant refuel mid-air!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
All the games Angry Video Game Nerd has reviewed.

stretch
07-02-2010, 09:07 AM
All the games Angry Video Game Nerd has reviewed.

rofl

the Action 52 episode was classic

i actually have that rom, and then tried playing some of the games afterwards...

its really bad.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
The Plumbers Don't Wear Ties one is fucking hilarious. I was lol'ing bad at the ending.

da_suns_fan
07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
TMNT for NES.

da_suns_fan
07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Has anyone EVER landed in NES's Top Gun?

AnthonyM
07-07-2010, 11:54 PM

I've never played Top Gun, but everyone saying that they can't land it makes me want to try it...so I might.

The Reckoning
07-08-2010, 01:36 AM
haha yeah ive never been able to land on that damn aircraft carrier on Top Gun.

tecmo bowl against San Francisco really pissed me off too. fuck Joe Montana.

but the hardest imo:

http://i25.tinypic.com/igmadc.jpg

it's controller-throwing agonizing

Muser
07-08-2010, 05:55 AM
AVGN went pretty shitty for a while, but he's picked it back up the last few episodes IMO.

Muser
07-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Just as I say this there is a new ep up, sweet!

Cry Havoc
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Yes. I've been to the end of the 3rd stage a couple of times.