PDA

View Full Version : Taken

50 cent
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Just bought this Bluray and watched it last night.

This was a great fucking movie. I highly suggest you watch it if you haven't.

PM5K
06-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Underrated movie for sure. It's no Oscar winner but it sure ain't a waste of two hours (or however long it is).

There's something cool about watching an old guy kick a bunch of people's asses to get his daughter back.

chode_regulator
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good action flick.

CubanSucks
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
It's a lot like Man On Fire and I think Man On Fire has the edge. But I did like Liam Neeson in this much more than Denzel in Man On Fire. Liam Neeson's my boy as wilbon or kornheiser would say. He should've gotten an oscar in Schindler's List too

Thunder Dan
06-11-2009, 05:20 PM
It was an entertaining movie. I was into it the whole time. I wouldn't say it's a great movie because Liam is kind of cheesy in a Jack Bauer kind of way.

marini martini
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
A great Father/daughter film, to be sure!!!:toast

cornbread
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
It's "Commando" done intelligently.

marini martini
06-11-2009, 07:11 PM
It's "Commando" done intelligently.

+1........:toast

Frenzy
06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
i like the part where the father gets one of the guys to say "good luck" and starts the ass kicking

robino2001
06-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I just watched this a few days ago for the first time and it was one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a while... not necessarily the best - but entertaining from beginning to end.

Summers
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
It was an entertaining movie. I was into it the whole time. I wouldn't say it's a great movie because Liam is kind of cheesy in a Jack Bauer kind of way.

Yeah, he's not really an ass-kicking kind of actor, but I thought it was a fun film. I actually thought the writing was terrible and contrived, to be honest, but the gratuitous violence made up for it.

florige
06-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Possible Spoilers.......

I actually was sorta disappointed with the storyline after seeing the previews for it. I thought it was going to be a little more in depth and the kidnapping was going to have something to do with who he was, or what he had done at some point in his past as being a spy. But I kinda figured it was going to be a weak storyline when I saw how long the movie was. But it was a kickass film action wise though. Wasn't Bourne Identity by any means, but wasn't too bad either.

Also I never remembered a 17 y/o girl acting that retarded. Well her mom was a simple dingbat too. So I guess I can sorta see where she got it from.

Summers
06-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I never remembered a 17 y/o girl acting that retarded though. Well so was her mom so....:rolleyes

Did you notice she ran like a dork?

florige
06-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Did you notice she ran like a dork?

:lmao Exactly! My sister said, why in the hell is she running like a 11 y/o?

robino2001
06-11-2009, 10:05 PM
She's 25, 26 years old... playing a 17 year old... I thought similar things but I really can't fault her too much for not nailing the age in the part.

florige
06-11-2009, 10:12 PM
She's 25, 26 years old... playing a 17 year old... I thought similar things but I really can't fault her too much for not nailing the age in the part.

See thats where I thought they kinda messed up at. I think if she were playing a 12-14 y/o girl that would had been fine. I thought 17 y/o's were a little more mature than that. I thought she (or the writers) had her overdo it imo.

Udokafan05
06-11-2009, 10:24 PM
It's a lot like Man On Fire and I think Man On Fire has the edge. But I did like Liam Neeson in this much more than Denzel in Man On Fire. Liam Neeson's my boy as wilbon or kornheiser would say. He should've gotten an oscar in Schindler's List too

Good comparison to 2 really good movies. The best part is where he tells the guy to focus, and then uses the nails.

1Parker1
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
A great Father/daughter film, to be sure!!!:toast

:lol Not sure if I would describe it that way...but yes, definitely a surprisingly good movie. Slightly unbelievable at times, but I did find myself getting a crush on Liam Neeson...which I didn't think was possible. :lol

Mister Sinister
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I prefer to call this "Liam Neeson Tears Shit Up For Two Hours." And I'm totally cool with that.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Pretty good movie

Frenzy
06-11-2009, 11:36 PM
ahhhh hahaha that was :lol

1Parker1
06-11-2009, 11:40 PM

:lmao I said the same exact thing. I mean she was supposed to be a teenage in the movie. Very odd. Also, I loved the random Arabic people at the end of the movie on the boat...and the one dude was a dead ringer from Prince. :lol

florige
06-11-2009, 11:46 PM
:lmao I said the same exact thing. I mean she was supposed to be a teenage in the movie. Very odd. Also, I loved the random Arabic people at the end of the movie on the boat...and the one dude was a dead ringer from Prince. :lol

Prince was digging in Nielsen's shit there for a minute though. lol

1Parker1
06-11-2009, 11:47 PM
^Not surprising. :lol

50 cent
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I think you guys are making to much of her running like a little kid.

17 year old girls aren't super mature, especially if they have live a pampered life like his daughter.

The friend of the daughter did a pretty good job of being 17.

I did think it was a little weird that there was no remorse shown by the daughter that her friend was killed. She got back to the states and it was just business as usual.

Heath Ledger
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Too bad we dont get to see the rated r version of this movie that was release overseas.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I prefer to call this "Liam Neeson Tears Shit Up For Two Hours." And I'm totally cool with that.

Are you the guy who came up with the title for "Snakes on a Plane"?

Taco
06-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Good Movie!!!

Redbox is da bomb!!!

jman3000
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
It kinda falls into the mold of a cookie cutter suspense / action movie... but I actually liked it.

DisAsTerBot
06-12-2009, 11:37 AM
cool movie, with a lot of "what the?" parts....like when that random guy tries to stab the singer in the beginning of the movie. what the hell was that all about???????

benefactor
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
The electricution scene was probably the best part.

florige
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
cool movie, with a lot of "what the?" parts....like when that random guy tries to stab the singer in the beginning of the movie. what the hell was that all about???????

That scene was pretty much put there to show how badass Neilsen's character was.

DisAsTerBot
06-12-2009, 11:59 AM
That scene was pretty much put there to show how badass Neilsen's character was.

yeah i got that .... but it still had no explanation or story going with it. It just happened, he kicked his ass, and everything was better....

florige
06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
yeah i got that .... but it still had no explanation or story going with it. It just happened, he kicked his ass, and everything was better....

I guess it was just some deranged fan who wanted to hurt her. I guess the writers left it up to the viewers imaginations as to why he was trying to stab her.

Mixability
06-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I think you guys are making to much of her running like a little kid.

17 year old girls aren't super mature, especially if they have live a pampered life like his daughter.

The friend of the daughter did a pretty good job of being 17.

I did think it was a little weird that there was no remorse shown by the daughter that her friend was killed. She got back to the states and it was just business as usual.

The friend of the daughter was supposed to be 19 though, big difference. :lol

The best part was expecting the Arabian prince at the very end to have this whole speech to Liam, and he just gets shot in the head. Best part ever! I'm always wanting people on movies to just get to the point and shoot fuckers flat out.