PDA

View Full Version : iWork vs. Microsoft Office

NorCal510
06-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey all,

I am not sure which program I should get. I will be using my new MacBook Pro 13 inch aluminum for college. I am majoring in Business Economics so I don't need anything too fancy.

As far as performance goes, price aside, which would you recommend?

E20
06-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I know of a place where you can get both for free, but all the illegal stuff set aside, I'd get Microsoft Office, because every class I've taken or anything I've done with computers the whole class including the instructor uses Microsoft Office programs. So, I guess it's good to say insync with the rest.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2009, 09:27 PM
why not use openoffice 3.0+? its free....

Fermixalot
06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
i'd say Office only because of the widespread use of it, especially in the business sector.

At my school they give a educational discount on both of those products which reduces the price to about $35, so if your school does the same, buy both and see which suits your needs better.

OpenOffice is a good choice as well but I'm not to well versed on its capabilities, but from what I've read its easily on par with Office.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
At my school they give a educational discount on both of those products which reduces the price to about $35, so if your school does the same, buy both and see which suits your needs better.

OpenOffice is a good choice as well but I'm not to well versed on its capabilities, but from what I've read its easily on par with Office.

dude you know how fkn cheap it is if ur a teacher and you buy them MS products at educational prices, its like fkn 5 bucks for msoffice, o/s is fkn cheap too....its some sort of deal between ms and the education dept....