IcemanCometh
06-11-2009, 09:28 PM
that time we won the championship?

That was awesome. Glad we didn't keep Hedo that guys a scrub

Solid D
06-11-2009, 11:30 PM

Yeah, too bad he left for a bigger contract offer.

Rafer is a much better defender than Jameer, Stan.

Blackjack
06-11-2009, 11:40 PM

That was awesome.

No Farley pic?:huh

celldweller
06-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Love him on offense, hate him on defense!

Obstructed_View
06-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Remember when Hedo missed those free throws at the end of the game and they went on to lose? That's why he's not a Spur anymore.

EricB
06-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Hedo is the one thats gonna laugh come september when some stupid team gives him in excess of 12 mill a year.

Sean Cagney
06-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Hedo is the one thats gonna laugh come september when some stupid team gives him in excess of 12 mill a year.
Yeah true, but HEDO like 02 and like this year will NEVER get a ring to speak of. I guess mills is worth that, or not?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Hedo today is a very different player to what he was for us, not to mention the fact that Orlando run their offense through him a lot of the time and that wasn't going to happen here.

Hedo missed every big shot in the 2004 playoffs that could have broken the Lakers' backs, and in those playoffs shot 32% from the floor and 61% from the line - in other words, he choked like a bitch.

I'm glad he's playing so well now, but it was hardly a FO mistake to let him walk.

Blackjack
06-14-2009, 03:49 AM
Man, this Hedo hatin' for his '04 outing needs to stop.

Was I pissed that he didn't show up? Hell yeah. But it's hilarious how people just wrote him off after just one year with the Spurs.

That's right. One year. As in, the year that just about every player struggles to make his mark with the Spurs.

Hedo showed that he was capable of coming through in the clutch agsinst L.A. in Sac-town, but the reason the Spurs were able to acquire him was because he was in need of a reclamation.

I'm not completely sure of Hedo's lack of productivity or the reason he fell out of favor in Sac., but I do remember him putting on significant weight that I think the team actually encouraged.(Peja possibly being the reason they'd want Turk to give them a different, more physical, option)

Look, I'm not some Hedo apologist or big-time fan, I just feel he's been given a bit of a raw-deal over the years by Spurs fans.

He finally was given the reigns to become the player he's become with the Magic (almost a point-forward) and has earned a rep of coming through in the fourth over the last couple of years. Give him credit.

Hindsight would tell you that the Spurs screwed up by not re-signing him, but it is what it is.

Reclamation-projects, no matter how talented, are a gamble any way you look at it. His contract might look pretty reasonable now but it would have been hard for any team to believe the Magic weren't overpaying, at the time.

Yeah, he missed 3 of 4 free-throws (IIRC) down the stretch, but he also knocked down a three and a deuce after that, and had Dwight caught the ball, kept it above his head, and then proceeded to finish/dunk when he was wide-open (allowing him to avoid the pressure-packed free-throws) he would have made the game winning play/assist.

exstatic
06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Man, this Hedo hatin' for his '04 outing needs to stop.

Was I pissed that he didn't show up? Hell yeah. But it's hilarious how people just wrote him off after just one year with the Spurs.

That's right. One year. As in, the year that just about every player struggles to make his mark with the Spurs.

Hedo showed that he was capable of coming through in the clutch agsinst L.A. in Sac-town, but the reason the Spurs were able to acquire him was because he was in need of a reclamation.

I'm not completely sure of Hedo's lack of productivity or the reason he fell out of favor in Sac., but I do remember him putting on significant weight that I think the team actually encouraged.(Peja possibly being the reason they'd want Turk to give them a different, more physical, option)

Look, I'm not some Hedo apologist or big-time fan, I just feel he's been given a bit of a raw-deal over the years by Spurs fans.

He finally was given the reigns to become the player he's become with the Magic (almost a point-forward) and has earned a rep of coming through in the fourth over the last couple of years. Give him credit.

Hindsight would tell you that the Spurs screwed up by not re-signing him, but it is what it is.

Reclamation-projects, no matter how talented, are a gamble any way you look at it. His contract might look pretty reasonable now but it would have been hard for any team to believe the Magic weren't overpaying, at the time.

Yeah, he missed 3 of 4 free-throws (IIRC) down the stretch, but he also knocked down a three and a deuce after that, and had Dwight caught the ball, kept it above his head, and then proceeded to finish/dunk when he was wide-open (allowing him to avoid the pressure-packed free-throws) he would have made the game winning play/assist.

He choked for the Kings.

He choked for the Spurs.

He's now choked for the Magic.

That's not a one year aberration, that's a resume. He personally cost us one of two chances for a three-peat. Manu cost us the other one with that stupid ass foul in 2006, but since he HAS actually been a major clutch player on other championship squads, he doesn't get as MUCH shit as Hedo does, except from ducks, who hates him with a passion.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Hedo today is a very different player to what he was for us, not to mention the fact that Orlando run their offense through him a lot of the time and that wasn't going to happen here.

Hedo missed every big shot in the 2004 playoffs that could have broken the Lakers' backs, and in those playoffs shot 32% from the floor and 61% from the line - in other words, he choked like a bitch.

I'm glad he's playing so well now, but it was hardly a FO mistake to let him walk.

Just about every player on the Spurs choked like a bitch that series. Most notably games 3-6. Don't blame it all on Hedo.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 09:39 AM
He choked for the Kings.

He choked for the Spurs.

He's now choked for the Magic.

That's not a one year aberration, that's a resume. He personally cost us one of two chances for a three-peat. Manu cost us the other one with that stupid ass foul in 2006, but since he HAS actually been a major clutch player on other championship squads, he doesn't get as MUCH shit as Hedo does, except from ducks, who hates him with a passion.

He didn't choke for the kings first off. Secondly, just about everyone on the Spurs choked game 3-6, I don't hear you saying how bad Parker and Manu choked like bitches in those games. Lastly, Hedo is the main reason why the Magic are in the finals. He's been there most important player for the fact that he creates their offense more so than anyone on the court.

exstatic
06-14-2009, 10:24 AM
He didn't choke for the kings first off. Secondly, just about everyone on the Spurs choked game 3-6, I don't hear you saying how bad Parker and Manu choked like bitches in those games. Lastly, Hedo is the main reason why the Magic are in the finals. He's been there most important player for the fact that he creates their offense more so than anyone on the court.

Sure he choked for the Kings. Doesn't matter that everyone else did, just like it didn't matter that other Spurs didn't play well in 2004. You have a chance to step up, and you don't. The Lakers went to an out and out Zone, limiting the penetration chances. At that point, you need shooters, allegedly Hedo's forte. He didn't produce under pressure then, just like this year in the Finals.

If you look at Turkoglu's post season career stats, his rebounds and assists are higher, but his scoring and all of his shooting numbers, FG%, 3G%, FT% are lower than his regular season numbers.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Sure he choked for the Kings. Doesn't matter that everyone else did, just like it didn't matter that other Spurs didn't play well in 2004. You have a chance to step up, and you don't. The Lakers went to an out and out Zone, limiting the penetration chances. At that point, you need shooters, allegedly Hedo's forte. He didn't produce under pressure then, just like this year in the Finals.

If you look at Turkoglu's post season career stats, his rebounds and assists are higher, but his scoring and all of his shooting numbers, FG%, 3G%, FT% are lower than his regular season numbers.

He actually performed quite well for the Kings in the Lakers series in 2001 and 2002. Go look up his stats in that series and then come talk to me.

www.basketball-reference.com

And your totally wrong about Hedo choking in the Finals. He's there leading scorer and scoring at a very efficient clip.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Sure he choked for the Kings. Doesn't matter that everyone else did, just like it didn't matter that other Spurs didn't play well in 2004. You have a chance to step up, and you don't.

And another thing. Every player will have a bad series eventually. Even Tim Duncan has had poor performances in a series. It just so happened Hedo's shot was off against the Lakers in 2004. That happens. I don't care who you are. Lebron shot below 40% in the finals in 2007. Oh i guess that one series makes him such a choke job of a player. Think rationally you ignorant anti- Hedo homer.Fact is Hedo had double the skill set of any Spur we've had outside the big 3, except for Jackson. I understand how he got offered more money and thats why he left, but don't use that 2004 series to label him as a player. If you do your just a typical ignorant irrational fan.

Muser
06-14-2009, 11:07 AM
How can you argue that hedo hasn't choked? He missed 3/4 FT's when one of the would of won the damn game, then he chucks up a bullshit 3 when he has other options.

baseline bum
06-14-2009, 11:33 AM

10.7 ppg on 43% shooting is clutch?

baseline bum
06-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Parker and Duncan couldn't do anything specifically because LA was able to play a gimmick defense where they could stack guys in the paint and not have to guard Turkoglu. Hedo constantly got shots when there was no one within 10 feet of him and he couldn't hit them. Hedo is almost singlehandedly the reason the Spurs lost that series. When Jackson paid any attention to him the first two games, the Spurs mopped the floor with LA.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm done arguing with idiots.

EricB
06-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Just about every player on the Spurs choked like a bitch that series. Most notably games 3-6. Don't blame it all on Hedo.

Except that Hedo took big shots and was relied on to take big shots and a failed so uh yeah, hedo needs to be blamed.

EricB
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Parker and Duncan couldn't do anything specifically because LA was able to play a gimmick defense where they could stack guys in the paint and not have to guard Turkoglu. Hedo constantly got shots when there was no one within 10 feet of him and he couldn't hit them. Hedo is almost singlehandedly the reason the Spurs lost that series. When Jackson paid any attention to him the first two games, the Spurs mopped the floor with LA.

Spot freaking on.

The very year before when the Spurs had a clutch wing player in Stephen Jackson, how did that series vs the Lakers go that year?

Exactly.

EricB
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
And another thing. Every player will have a bad series eventually. Even Tim Duncan has had poor performances in a series. It just so happened Hedo's shot was off against the Lakers in 2004. That happens. I don't care who you are. Lebron shot below 40% in the finals in 2007. Oh i guess that one series makes him such a choke job of a player. Think rationally you ignorant anti- Hedo homer.Fact is Hedo had double the skill set of any Spur we've had outside the big 3, except for Jackson. I understand how he got offered more money and thats why he left, but don't use that 2004 series to label him as a player. If you do your just a typical ignorant irrational fan.

Name me the Tim Duncan "bad series"

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Spot freaking on.

The very year before when the Spurs had a clutch wing player in Stephen Jackson, how did that series vs the Lakers go that year?

Exactly.

Actually what made the difference between 2004 and 2003 is in 2003 Horry's shot rattled in and out. And in 2004 it was .4. Simple as that. The reason for the losses is not on just one player Stephen Jackson or Hedo. Wake up.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Name me the Tim Duncan "bad series"

I'm talking about shooting the ball. Being efficient offensively.

2008 WCSF against the Hornets.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Except that Hedo took big shots and was relied on to take big shots and a failed so uh yeah, hedo needs to be blamed.

Hedo's responsibility in 2004 was not to take big shots. It was Tim Duncan first, Tony Parker 2nd, then Manu Ginobili 3rd. Once they created offense for themselves and the defense collapsed whoever was open due to defensive rotations was giving opportunities to score. Whether it was Tim Duncan passing to Manu or Manu passing it out to Parker or Parker passing it out to Devin Brown. You get the point. Putting 2004 all on Hedo's shoulder is ludicrous. Everyone needs to be blamed.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2009, 05:55 PM
You know the more I think about it. I know exactly why we lost this year to the Mavs. We lost because Roger Mason was off right?? Cuz thats what your trying to say whenever you say Hedo was the reason why we lost in 2004.

SouthTexasRancher
06-14-2009, 09:29 PM

Hedo is just another in a long list of NBA players who will never win a championship. Once again, Pop shows us that he knows beat.