PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bean Bryant had nothing to do with the win tonight

DrHouse
06-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Absolutely nothing.

Big props to Fisher for making up for his absolutely horrid play all playoffs long in one game.

ffadicted
06-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Ditto for Game 2, but then again, deep down, we all knew Kobe sucked at being clutch

EDIT: With that said, the reason the rest of the team was getting shots was because of Kobe drawing defenders and making plays. He wasn't clutch at shooting, but he was still the MVP of the game imo

Udokafan05
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
is kobe crying?

DrHouse
06-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Here's the thing about Kobe choking in the Finals.

If he wins this season you will NEVER SEE KOBE CHOKE IN THE FINALS AGAIN. Once the monkey is off his back it's over. Just like KG, PP, and RA.....those guys aren't going to ever choke in the playoffs again.

resistanze
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Who gives a shit? Lakers won. Kobe doesn't have anything to prove. He's not MJ, never will be. But he's getting his fourth ring.

Spurs16212
06-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I think Kobe got away with an offensive foul hitting Piettrus with an elbow allowing Fisher to hit the three pointer....

Dwight Howard clearly had the opportunity to ice the game up for the Magic but failed from the free throw line... Between that and the missed alley-oop the Magic could have been up 3-1 in this series....

I still believe the NBA is making this a coming out party for Kobe....... The NBA is having a field day with this. With LA winning, the NBA stands to make more money than Orlando winning. It a shame to see the NBA come to this......

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2009, 11:22 PM

If he wins this season you will NEVER SEE KOBE CHOKE IN THE FINALS AGAIN. Once the monkey is off his back it's over. Just like KG, PP, and RA.....those guys aren't going to ever choke in the playoffs again.

You didn't watch the Boston series, did you? :lol

06-11-2009, 11:22 PM
kobe did his part. elbowing nelson cleared space for fisher. refs also did their part so it was a team effort.

ChrisRichards
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
kobe did his part. elbowing nelson cleared space for fisher. refs also did their part so it was a team effort.

LAKERS 2 FT's ( from a flagrant foul)
Orlando 18 Ft's

in the 4th and OT.

refs? i dont think so. orlando just got outplayed. ill give this one to the lakers.

06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
LAKERS 2 FT's ( from a flagrant foul)
Orlando 18 Ft's

in the 4th and OT.

refs? i dont think so. orlando just got outplayed. ill give this one to the lakers.
so kobe is allowed to elbow people in the face as long as orlando shoots 18 FTs?

Nahtanoj
06-11-2009, 11:32 PM
so kobe is allowed to elbow people in the face as long as orlando shoots 18 FTs?

Do you even know the arm motion when you're making a pass? Nelsol jumped into Kobe's space.. if anything it's a foul on Nelson. It was a good no call.

If you are watching the same match, the Magic got home cookin' throughout most of the game. Non-hack-a-Dwight aside, there were lots of bogus foul calls.

ffadicted
06-11-2009, 11:34 PM

No, but that's not what he's saying, he's saying that overall, the magic threw this game away, not the refs. Missed calls went both ways throughout the game (no-call on the Bryant jumpshot airball near the end of the fourth, for example)

BeeGee
who gives a shit? Lakers won. Kobe doesn't have anything to prove. He's not mj, never will be. But he's getting his fourth ring.exactly!!

Texas_Ranger
Fuck Nelson... Magics would be lucky if Kobe injured his mouth, so he will not be able to play ever again in this series.

iggypop123
06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
i guess 32 8 and 7 is choking

Nahtanoj
No, but that's not what he's saying, he's saying that overall, the magic threw this game away, not the refs. Missed calls went both ways throughout the game (no-call on the Bryant jumpshot airball near the end of the fourth, for example)

And Kobe wasn't even lobbying for a foul call, rather he wanted side ball out of bounds.

Allanon
Kobe keeps f*ckin' around like this and Ariza is gonna win Finals MVP :lol

Nahtanoj
06-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I like the two no-call drives by Kobe Bryant in the 4th quarter where he got hit and missed.. but only it was called the same way on the other end.

BeeGee
06-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I'ma take Kobe's 32 8 and 7 and move on to game 4. Some of you bitter muhfuggaz can stay back and nitpick...... He's our backbone bitch, period.

06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Do you even know the arm motion when you're making a pass? Nelsol jumped into Kobe's space.. if anything it's a foul on Nelson. It was a good no call.

If you are watching the same match, the Magic got home cookin' throughout most of the game.
kind of like how it was bibby's fault that his nose was in the path of kobe's elbow? of course defenders shouldn't invade the space of the person their guarding. that's just not polite. physical retaliation would be justified. are you kidding me?

ChrisRichards
06-11-2009, 11:40 PM
i guess 32 8 and 7 is choking
35% shooting:toast

Def Rowe
06-11-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't really expect Kobe to have a perfect series anyway. The guys human. I would however say that his game high 32 points had something to do with tonight's win.

DrHouse
06-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Nelson shouldn't have even been in the game.

Why on earth he got PT over Alston is beyond me.

lefty
06-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Kobe keeps f*ckin' around like this and Ariza is gonna win Finals MVP :lol
If that happened , I would love to see Kobe's reaction :rollin

Nahtanoj
06-11-2009, 11:47 PM
kind of like how it was bibby's fault that his nose was in the path of kobe's elbow? of course defenders shouldn't invade the space of the person their guarding. that's just not polite. physical retaliation would be justified. are you kidding me?

What the heck? So making a normal pass with normal motion is retaliation now? lol

Amaso
06-11-2009, 11:48 PM
I think we can't overlook Kobe's performance. His shot wasn't really off tonight, but he couldn't make anything on the run. I think he needs to shoot more jumpers if the refs aren't going to give him calls while he's driving. Anyways, he basically single-handedly kept his team in the game the entire first half for 2 games in a row now. His 2nd halves have been pretty bad, but he made some clutch rebounds and made the right plays in the clutch at least.

06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
one thing i discovered about kobe over the years is that he is incredibly consistent. unlike players who choke or elevate their games, he shoots around 43-46% every time. whether it be the preseason, regular season, playoffs series, the finals, the olympic games, the first quarter, or the last quarter, he will shoot around that percentage. he's kind of like a robot and incredibly restrained by the law of averages. non kobe fans remember the 55-60% of the time he misses while kobe worshipers only remember the 40-45% of the times he makes his shots.

Amaso
06-11-2009, 11:50 PM

Bibby got the elbow as he was impeding Kobe from getting the ball.

And tonight's elbow against Jameer was the most sad thing I've ever seen. Jameer basically runs into Kobe's elbow.

06-11-2009, 11:51 PM
What the heck? So making a normal pass with normal motion is retaliation now? lol
yeah, you're just not getting it.

IronMexican
06-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I really don't care if Kobe had a bad game. The Lakers won, and that's all that matters.

Nahtanoj
06-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Bibby got the elbow as he was impeding Kobe from getting the ball.

And tonight's elbow against Jameer was the most sad thing I've ever seen. Jameer basically runs into Kobe's elbow.

I think 024 is totally not getting in. LOL

06-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I think 024 is totally not getting in. LOL
laker fan pointing to another laker fan for support, how shocking. running into an elbow with your chin is like running into a punch.

IronMexican
06-12-2009, 12:06 AM
And I felt Kobe played way shittier in game 3.

timvp
06-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Kobe Bryant better thank his lucky stars that Jerry West was hired in Memphis.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Kobe saved by Fisher? Never heard of that story before.

montgod
06-12-2009, 12:42 AM

I will agree to an extent except for the fact that every back breaking play was made because J. Nelson left his man open! Nelson screwed up and I am still not sure why he was in there over Alston. Did Alston foul out??

Indazone
06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Kobe knows how to play in the Olympics....too bad that just doesn't translate well to the NBA

sook
06-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Kobe knows how to play in the Olympics....too bad that just doesn't translate well to the NBA

:lmao

You fucking shit head

Allanon
06-12-2009, 12:58 AM
If that happened , I would love to see Kobe's reaction :rollin

Ariza probably wouldn't get an offer from the Lakers to re-sign for takin' Kobe's thunder. :lol

21_Blessings
06-12-2009, 01:41 AM
What a retarded thread this is.

YellowFever
06-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Let's see.....
picture this if you will:

2 Magics on kobe.

2 players guarding one player.

3 Magic players left to guard 4 Lakers.

Now stay with me here....

3 Magic players guarding 4 Lakers = A Laker open for 3 point shots. :wow

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 01:58 AM
Regardless if Kobe shot crappy, he still demands double teams etc

21_Blessings
06-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Regardless if Kobe shot crappy, he still demands double teams etc

That, plus his dish to Gasol. Both Fisher three pointers were created by Kobe drawing double teams. Hit two big shots in OT and the foul on Dwight where he missed two that lead to Fisher's game tying 3 was absolutely huge.

I mean a 32, 8 7 game from a guy that played way below his standards just goes to show how good he really is.

sonic21
06-12-2009, 02:42 AM
He's getting saved by his teammates (mainly Ariza, Fisher tonight). Dude shot 4-13 in the 4th Q/OT combined. He nearly cost the Lakers the game and deserves to be called out.

IronMexican
06-12-2009, 02:43 AM
That, plus his dish to Gasol. Both Fisher three pointers were created by Kobe drawing double teams. Hit two big shots in OT and the foul on Dwight where he missed two that lead to Fisher's game tying 3 was absolutely huge.

I mean a 32, 8 7 game from a guy that played way below his standards just goes to show how good he really is.

Which is why I felt he played pretty decent. Much better than game 3.

Lakers won and that's all that really matters.

YellowFever
06-12-2009, 02:52 AM
The only problem with Mr. Bryant is that the fucker won't take a back seat.

He won't stop shooting!

That attitude costed us many games in the past.

But it also gave me many memorable nights where I just stare at the TV with my mouth open.

Good with the bad, I guess.

Rather have him on my team than the opponents.

Donkeybong
06-12-2009, 03:45 AM
kobe choking? It wasnt his best shooting night, but he still had his impact on this game and hit some key shots.

Jace
06-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Kobe had everything to do with the win, true he was a dominating player in the way Howard was last night but he still was the best player on the Lakers team

TwinTowers
06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't care how Kobe plays as long as the Lakers win. He had a terrible shooting night, but made the plays we needed to get this W (even if some elbows had to be thrown) :toast

LnGrrrR
06-12-2009, 10:07 AM

I don't know... did you see the stats from Ray Allen during the Orlando series?

LakeShow
06-12-2009, 12:33 PM
What a retarded thread this is.

+1

Kobe had everything to do with the Lakers victory. Because he draws so much attention, it frees up the others for good looks. His playmaking was a big difference in the outcome of the game. He scores 32 points, 8 assists,7 rebounds and 49 minutes played is nothing to do with the outcome? This thread is ludicrous!