PDA

View Full Version : Drag Me to Hell

1Parker1
06-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Ok, just got back from seeing this...let me preface by saying I DO NOT watching scary/horror movies. The last scary movie I saw was the 6th Sense, so I guess that's telling you something.

Anyways, this was a very dumb movie. I mean, it was disgusting and gory at parts...but like you ended up laughing at how tacky it was. :lol I never thought I'd laugh at a horror movie.

Anyone else see this? I'd recommend to wait for it on DVD if are interested.

Spurminator
06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
It's Sam Raimi going back to his Evil Dead glory days. I thought it was awesome.

1Parker1
06-11-2009, 11:42 PM
it's supposed to be funny

What do you mean? Blood and gore is now supposed to be funny instead of scary?

E20
06-12-2009, 12:31 AM

Just think about the premise: Old lady curses a person, because she refused her a bank loan.

L-M-F-A-Ozers, that's hilarious right there.

ace3g
06-12-2009, 12:42 AM

like others have said, go and watch Evil Dead 1 & 2, plus Army of Darkness, the tone and style of the movie will make sense to you after watching those movies.

Bruce "Ash" Campbell was suppose to have a part in it but he had a scheduling conflict with Burn Notice, another awesome show

whottt
06-12-2009, 12:53 AM
I thought it sucked too and I loved Evil Dead. Eveil dead was awesome well because of the gore but also because there was no way you thought Bruce Campbell was going to wind up the hero of that movie.

Thiis movie is kind of like Army of Darkness, but not really like Evil Dead at all.

SnakeBoy
06-12-2009, 01:01 AM
I thought it was just another "serious" cheesy horror flick, I hate those. I didn't realize it was along the lines of ED & AoD. Now I want to go see it.

Death In June
06-12-2009, 03:34 AM
It's not anywhere near as good as evil dead was. It was very disappointing and very predictable. That's three clunkers in a row for Mr. Raimi, and now there are Spiderman 4 posters up? Meh.

ATRAIN
06-12-2009, 07:49 AM
i thought it was just another "serious" cheesy horror flick, i hate those. I didn't realize it was along the lines of ed & aod. Now i want to go see it.

+1

lefty
06-12-2009, 09:16 AM
The horror genre died at the end of the 80's

desflood
06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
The horror genre died at the end of the 80's
Only in the U.S. Europe and Asia still put out some pretty good stuff.

lefty
06-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Only in the U.S. Europe and Asia still put out some pretty good stuff.

Really?

I may want to take a look at that :D

desflood
06-12-2009, 10:07 AM
:lol

You do that.

sook
06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Ok, just got back from seeing this...let me preface by saying I DO NOT watching scary/horror movies. The last scary movie I saw was the 6th Sense, so I guess that's telling you something.

Anyways, this was a very dumb movie. I mean, it was disgusting and gory at parts...but like you ended up laughing at how tacky it was. :lol I never thought I'd laugh at a horror movie.

Anyone else see this? I'd recommend to wait for it on DVD if are interested.

This movie sucked ass and you are absolutely correct it was just disgusting...with all the old lady's spit and maggots and all that crap going on the girl. Thats about it. Don't waste your money guys.

Slydragon
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127275&highlight=Drag+Hell