PDA

View Full Version : Good game Marks?

nzkickass
03-31-2005, 12:04 AM
13mins 3-7FG 3-4FT 5Rebs 9Pts

Now if you doubled his minutes say 26 mins, would you be happy with 18pts 10 rebs out of your big man off the bench ?

Now i know he's not going to get 26 mins but there pretty good numbers.

We (us kiwi's) never get to see any spurs games (maybe 1 or 2 a year if were lucky) so we can't see how he played, so i'd appriciate it if someone could let me know how he went.
Cheers

timvp
03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
He played well. He's been outplaying Nazr for the last three games. He may have even moved ahead of him in the rotation.

Marks brings good effort, energy and isn't afraid to dunk.

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 12:20 AM
and he finally hit a jumpshot tonight. Everyone knows he can hit them in practice, but this was his first one since coming off IR. As Pop said, "what was he, 0-for-94 before that?" :lol

MannyIsGod
03-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Free, the KIWI

ZStomp
03-31-2005, 01:30 AM

Now if you doubled his minutes say 26 mins, would you be happy with 18pts 10 rebs out of your big man off the bench ?

Now i know he's not going to get 26 mins but there pretty good numbers.

We (us kiwi's) never get to see any spurs games (maybe 1 or 2 a year if were lucky) so we can't see how he played, so i'd appriciate it if someone could let me know how he went.
Cheers

You can't say that if he plays double the minutes....EVERYTHING else doubles also....no way.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2005, 03:35 AM
Great first half, crapass second half.

rwb
03-31-2005, 03:57 AM
What I like about Sean is his enthusiasm. The guy may not be the sharpest tack, but he gets right into the mix and isn't afraid to take a shot. You watch him on the bench and he's the biggest cheerleader on the team. The guy loves being there, and you can't help but root for him. Hopefully he'll be able to be a spark plug in the post season.

grjr
03-31-2005, 04:27 AM
and he finally hit a jumpshot tonight. Everyone knows he can hit them in practice, but this was his first one since coming off IR. As Pop said, "what was he, 0-for-94 before that?" :lol

Yeah, I've been waiting for him to start raining down the 3's like you told us about in practice last year. Is his shot always as flat as it's been in games?

jr

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 04:32 AM
It's not normally so flat. Everyone, including himself, has been amazed at his poor outside shooting so far. Hopefully he'll pick it up. I haven't seen much I like out of Nazr yet, so I don't mind Marks getting some minutes right now with Timmy down.

whottt
03-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Marks doesn't look as lost as Nazr does, especially on D, and he doesn't clog up the paint either. His J actually looks like a J...flat or not it looks better than Nazr's.

Both Nazr and Marks look like they are on pogo sticks out there, they hop around all over the place like a couple of kanagroos...I actually like that about them...it's kind of cool looking when they are both out there together...

Both of these guys give me a newfound appreciation for Malik's hands and passing ability...and they both make Rasho and Horry look like Hall of Famers.

I feel more secure out there with Marks, heading into the playoffs...you can tell he's had years of practice with the team.

But I do think Nazr is the better garbage man...he seems to finish more of his dunks(that don't get blocked back into his face)....that's the only thing I like better about Nazr right now though...

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Looks like we're going to retire another Sean Jersey.

SpursWoman
03-31-2005, 10:47 AM
so now we have josh groban, will smith and usher all on the same team. we are loaded with talent.

:lol :lol

timvp
03-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Looks like we're going to retire another Sean Jersey.

Are you going to admit that Nazr < Marks?

whottt
03-31-2005, 10:55 AM

He hasn't even admitted Rose>Nazr yet...so don't hold your breath.

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 10:56 AM

Are you going to admit that right after you posted an article saying Nazr had gotten allstar consideration, you said he's not allstar material?

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Whottt = impossible argument.

Hook Dem
03-31-2005, 10:57 AM
I like Mark's enthusiasm! Not afraid to mix it up!

timvp
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Are you going to admit that right after you posted an article saying Nazr had gotten allstar consideration, you said he's not allstar material?

Nice deflection. He was getting All-Star recognition in the East as the starting center for a scrub team. You could get All-Star recognition if you were the starting center for the Knicks.

That doesn't mean you're NBA material.

timvp
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM

Bump.

SlovenianGuy
03-31-2005, 11:16 AM

and 10 PF

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Bump.

So does your point change what you said earlier? :lol

timvp
03-31-2005, 11:54 AM

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Marks is not > than Nazr, there is nothing to admit.

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 11:59 AM
Now will you admit that you said Nazr as getting allstar consideration in an article you wrote, and then in a thread talking about Nazr, you said he wasn't allstar material?

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Nazr sucks right now.

I don't at all understand why he seems to have regressed since arriving in San Antonio. Marks' jumper isn't falling regularly yet, but, at the very least, he knows where he should be on the floor and doesn't get in people's way.

I've seen nearly every player on the team at one time or another going nuts trying to wave Nazr into going to the right spot. It's weird.

Anyway, would you dare leave Tony Massenburg off the playoff roster this season with how mad he got last year from being left off Sac's roster?

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Now will you admit that you said Nazr as getting allstar consideration in an article you wrote, and then in a thread talking about Nazr, you said he wasn't allstar material?

He was getting All-Star consideration very early in the year. So what's wrong with stating that fact in an article, but disagreeing that he deserves it on the board? I don't get this point with you at all.

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Nazr sucks right now.

I don't at all understand why he seems to have regressed since arriving in San Antonio. Marks' jumper isn't falling regularly yet, but, at the very least, he knows where he should be on the floor and doesn't get in people's way.

I've seen nearly every player on the team at one time or another going nuts trying to wave Nazr into going to the right spot. It's weird.

Anyway, would you dare leave Tony Massenburg off the playoff roster this season with how mad he got last year from being left off Sac's roster?

I guess it depends on who else is healthy. I would leave him off , but resign him next year if there wasn't anyone else better. I think Sac treated him poorly and that's what irked him the most. If he played well against every ex team he was on he should be putting up allstar numbers against most of the league.

bigzak25
03-31-2005, 12:04 PM
man, i was at the bar yelling "white boy defense!!!" it was pretty cool seeing the energy and hustle this guy brings...he's malik reincarnate with whiteboy flair and a bad haircut....

the best thing about nazr is his contract is up soon.

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
He was getting All-Star consideration very early in the year. So what's wrong with stating that fact in an article, but disagreeing that he deserves it on the board? I don't get this point with you at all.

LJ wrote in his article that he was getting allstar consideration, then in the thread said something like, "It's not like he's allstar material." That is a total reversal there is it not? He didn't say Nazr had been getting allstar consideration early and now wasn't playing well.

timvp
03-31-2005, 12:08 PM

:lol

You are grasping to something that doesn't make sense. People were saying he could be an all-star like in December, but that was before he started sucking. And he was in the East on a horrible team. Hell, Rasho Nesterovic would be a three-time All-Star if he was in the East on a team like the Knicks.

Stop trying to prove a point that doesn't make sense.

knownalien
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
He played well. He's been outplaying Nazr for the last three games. He may have even moved ahead of him in the rotation.

Marks brings good effort, energy and isn't afraid to dunk.
if true about the rotation then I am glad. nothing pisses me off more that to see Nazr shooting ridiculous jumpers like a retarded version of Malik.

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
LJ wrote in his article that he was getting allstar consideration, then in the thread said something like, "It's not like he's allstar material." That is a total reversal there is it not?

Stating that he was getting All-Star consideration in an article doesn't have anything to do with LJ's opinion if he's All-Star material. It's just stating that early in the season, pundits around the league were considering him by his level of play.

But Nazr has fallen way off since then. I'm not just talking about since his groin injury and his time with the Spurs. He started sucking in January and his groin injury wasn't until Feb 4. He has the potential to be decent if he stays to what he knows (rebounding, putbacks). Though he's really a defensive mess for the most part and doesn't have much O.

MannyIsGod
03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
No, one is pointing out that someone is getting All Star consideration. The other is expressing an opinion that he's not All Star material.

timvp
03-31-2005, 12:20 PM
He didn't say Nazr had been getting allstar consideration early and now wasn't playing well.

This year, Mohammed was having his finest season as a pro with the Knicks. He was the everyday starting center and was even getting All-Star recognition. As of January 4th, Mohammed was averaging 13.0 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.23 blocks, while shooting 53.6% from the floor.

Soon after though, Mohammed’s luck began to turn sour.

Read again,

T Park
03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
I dont know what his deal is, but he plays better with Duncan on the floor.

And you dont average 13 points 10 boards against JUST the East.

But everyone wants the guy to fail because of who he was traded for.

T Park
03-31-2005, 12:28 PM
BTW, if your gonna rip Mohammed for being a foul prone hack, better call the same critique on Marks, he had 2 fouls in about 2 minutes there last night in the first half.

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 12:52 PM
But everyone wants the guy to fail because of who he was traded for.

Actually everyone wants him to succeed because they want the Spurs to win a Championship. And I agree, both Nazr and Marks foul too much.

ducks
03-31-2005, 01:14 PM
mid season traded or hard for teamates to learn the system
heck hedo,mercer and a few other players that spurs got could not figure out the system
I would atleast give him training camp before writing him off as a bust
marks has not shown me much with duncan
but nazr should me something with duncan
nazr should be able to play well without duncan but I would give him time before i would say he can not play well without duncan
on the knicks for a while he played well (yeah I know it was in the east but still)

ChumpDumper
03-31-2005, 01:19 PM
With Rasho playing well and Duncan and Horry sure to play more minutes in the playoffs then they have this season, it looks like we're just debating who gets the 10mpg left over.

Could be worse.

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Whottt has this thread owned. Spurs fans act like Malik Rose was the scrub of all scrubs, while Nazr Mohammed is the next Hakeem.

Let's be realistic.

He's a good player who can get a lot of offensive rebounds. He's not as strong of a defensive rebounder, but he's pretty solid. He goes up strong. He tries hard on defense but doesn't appear to have great timing in going for blocks. He looks like a good teammate and a good character fit.

On the other hand, he doesn't have a reliable jumper of any kind. He fouls a lot. He's never performed for a good team and has never scored a point in a playoff game. He's shown the ability to play well as a starter but hasn't played too well off the bench. Has an injury riddled past.

Overall, if he keeps up this level of play he'll be a good addition. He's big and long and will help continue the Spurs' twin tower legacy.

But lets not make him out to be some kind of all-star in the making or anything.

That is what you said. He's not even an allstar in the making.

This year, Mohammed was having his finest season as a pro with the Knicks. He was the everyday starting center and was even getting All-Star recognition. As of January 4th, Mohammed was averaging 13.0 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.23 blocks, while shooting 53.6% from the floor.

Soon after though, Mohammed’s luck began to turn sour. Later in the month of January, Lenny Wilkens resigns as head coach of the Knicks. New coach Herb Williams didn’t play him as many minutes as he preferred to go with a smaller lineup. In the beginning of February, Mohammed suffered a groin injury that limited his effectiveness in his subsequent games.

My whole point in bringing that up was when you made that comment in that thread. You stated that he was getting allstar consideration in your article and then turn around and say he's not even an allstar in the making. Maybe it's just me but that's a little contradicting there. I would be just as surprised if Kori wrote an article saying how tough Vince Carter is or how much effort T Maxi gives on the court.

BronxCowboy
03-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Maybe it's just me

It's just you.

T Park
03-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Its not just him.

But Bronx, someday youll get your wish, Mohammed, Rasho and Pop will be gone, and then no one else will be left around to kick.

whottt
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
whottt has a lot of threads owned these days...

...but nothing says owned like people defending the trade of a key 6th man and 2 #1 picks, for a guy that winds up on the IR. Stay tuned.

timvp
03-31-2005, 04:03 PM
My whole point in bringing that up was when you made that comment in that thread. You stated that he was getting allstar consideration in your article and then turn around and say he's not even an allstar in the making. Maybe it's just me but that's a little contradicting there. I would be just as surprised if Kori wrote an article saying how tough Vince Carter is or how much effort T Maxi gives on the court.

I can't believe you are still trying to make this point. There is nothing there. What aren't you understanding?

He was getting All-Star recognition ... that's a fact. The New York papers were saying that IF he keeps playing that well, he could make the All-Star team because there is only one good center in that conference. A guy getting thirty minutes a game scoring off offensive rebounds when the Knicks miss shots (which happens a lot) could have a chance to put up enough stats to get recognition as a POSSIBLE All-Star. Of course, Nazr started sucking soon after those articles were published.

He's not an All-Star in the making ... that's a fact in the form of an opinion. Nazr will never be an All-Star, especially now that he's in the West. He might be a capable backup center, but even that hasn't been proven yet. I'm saying he's not going to be an All-Star. I didn't say he wasn't getting recognition.

50-60 players a year get All-Star recognition, but it's safe to say that a good percentage of them will never be an All-Star. That's not a contradiction. Pop has said in the past that Bruce Bowen deserves All-Star recognition. I'll say right now that Bowen will never be an All-Star. Am I making another contradiction?

Didn't think so.

Apology Accepted.

Goodnight.

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 04:10 PM

Do you understand that the article wasn't LJ's opinion? He was just stating a fact -- the guy was getting some All-Star consideration. The post was LJ's opinion.

I guess that's what you aren't getting, but I'm not really understanding why -- it's pretty simple comprehension.

In other words, it would be like me writing "Million Dollar Baby is getting Oscar consideration." And then me writing, "I do not think the movie is worthy of an Oscar."

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
So LJ, you don't think Nazr should have gotten any allstar consideration early in the year as a Knick?

ChumpDumper
03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Nazr did ok yesterday. Definitely overshadowed by Marks in the first half, but they played quite well together. Nazr and Horry is NOT a good combo at all. He's reaching alot less, just letting the guy who beat him through unless he has a good chance at stopping the shot. A good stuff and monster putback jam. It's going to take time, maybe more than we have this season but he's taken some steps. Too bad Duncan doesn't seem to be coming back soon enough.

BronxCowboy
03-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Its not just him.

But Bronx, someday youll get your wish, Mohammed, Rasho and Pop will be gone, and then no one else will be left around to kick.

WTF are you talking about? I like Rasho and have reserved judgement about Mohammed. I only criticize Pop to balance out all the blame that gets laid on the players, while Pop is considered untouchable. I did like Malik and hate to see him go, but you don't find me in here bashing on Mohammed or Rasho.

NZHayden
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
So we all agree that marks played better than nazr and marks also got a real ugly photo of him during the game?
Awesome

boutons
03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Sean was very active, I saw him in air a few times trying to get a hand on somebody else's rebound, great effort, can't accuse him of being an awe-struck, slack-jawed spectator, and if he could get some PT, he'd be much more effective, hitting his jumpers as well as he hits his FTs.

Who TF cares if he's not game-time photogenic? :lol

Dex
03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
At least he's actually IN the game to get bad photos taken of him. :lol

T Park
03-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I only criticize Pop to balance out all the blame that gets laid on the players, while Pop is considered untouchable

your kidding me right?

Horseshit.

BronxCowboy
03-31-2005, 08:01 PM
You didn't answer the question: where the hell did you get the idea that I would like to see Rasho or Nazr (or Pop, for that matter) gone?