PDA

View Full Version : Pietrus

iggypop123
06-12-2009, 02:22 AM
speculation time since we dont have a game till sunday. is he gone or not? this is the most damning evidence against him. its basically two closes fists in the back.
discuss

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ufpsgo.gif

LeBronMVPjames
06-12-2009, 02:25 AM
LMAO... Petrus knew they were gunna lose

JamStone
06-12-2009, 02:25 AM
I think it's worthy enough of a suspension, but I think Stern will pussy out and not suspend him. He'll have it upgraded to a flagrant 1 and maybe a fine but no suspension.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 02:30 AM
I think it's the Finals and you don't suspend guys for this stuff.

But seeing that there are 2 closed fists on this play, I can't see the NBA not suspending him if they go by the letter of the law.

IronMexican
06-12-2009, 02:32 AM
If it weren't the NBA Finals(Let alone a close out game), I'd say yes. Under these circumstances, doubtful.

Ron Ron Artest
06-12-2009, 02:48 AM
all i hear is whining from lakers fans.... you won the game who cares. is this really a complaint. I cant believe lakers fans... they complain about this after all the cheap shots they had against the rockets. Give me a fuckin break. Is the championship not enough for all of you?? shut up and be happy to be champions

sonic21
06-12-2009, 02:55 AM
should kobe be suspended?

http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/kobe%20elbow6440963.gif

Def Rowe
06-12-2009, 03:01 AM

Look at Jameer's feet.

playaslk
06-12-2009, 03:02 AM
all i hear is whining from lakers fans.... you won the game who cares. is this really a complaint. I cant believe lakers fans... they complain about this after all the cheap shots they had against the rockets. Give me a fuckin break. Is the championship not enough for all of you?? shut up and be happy to be champions
You are a Ron Artest fan, who even gave you a chance to talk?
That dude is the most unclutch high volume shooter in the league. Jesus, kobe going 9-30 makes Ron look bad. STFU, if you dont have a constructive thing to add to a thread, stop typing.

playaslk
06-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Look at Jameer's feet.
Personally I blame it on Jameer's parents. If he was taller, he wouldnt have walked into the elbow, at most he'd get hit in the chest. Their bad. They get the suspension for making a shorty

YellowFever
06-12-2009, 03:08 AM
This is the first time where a really physical play occured involving two softy euros.

crc21209
06-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Laker fans are idiots if they think Pietrus should/will be suspended. Tell your dumbass Center not to be jacking up the score when the game is clearly over.

hhml
06-12-2009, 03:26 AM
That play warrants a suspension. Will the NBA suspend him? Probably. Who knows. It's a shame to have to suspend players, especially key players, in an NBA Finals.

And for the people who called Gasol an asshole and hate his guts, Pau did nothing wrong here. There were still time left and anything can happen. If you can put the game 100% away, you do it. It was only a 2 possession game at the time. In game 2, it only took Rashard a second or less jack up a 3. What if they did the same here? Hit the 3, then foul, hope Lakers make 1/2 and then shoot another 3 for the tie or possibly win if Lakers miss both.

You say he should've dribbled it out but after he caught the ball and was getting ready to go up, Pietrus was already making his move to foul. Why take the chance of having to make FTs when you can get an easy 2? If the Magic had given up and stop playing I'm sure Pau wouldn't have dunked that.

Donkeybong
06-12-2009, 03:26 AM
jameer was crotch was pretty much on kobe's right leg. The offense player is allowed to have enough space to swing the ball around as long as his elbows aren't higher than his shoulders. Kobe did nothing wrong.

Amaso
06-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Jameer looked like he wanted to come and hug Kobe.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 05:31 AM
The elbow by Kobe was the far dirtier play IMO. And intentionally done as he is looking right at Nelson as he swinging his elbow into him.

In my opinion Kobe deserves the suspension far more.

quickerblade
06-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Nelson should keep his mouthguard in his mouth.

As for Gasol running up the score??? fuck off, it aint over till its over, you have to be competitive for 48 mins, so suck my cock.

Kamnik
06-12-2009, 06:41 AM
wow... I didnt know he did that with closed fists...

Even though it would kill the Magic I think he would deserve a suspension for that.

blink
06-12-2009, 06:49 AM
that didnt look intentional by kobe. he was making the motion before jameer even got there. on top of that, jameer went into the elbow. stop being homers.

ballhog
06-12-2009, 07:17 AM
laker fans are idiots if they think pietrus should/will be suspended. Tell your dumbass center not to be jacking up the score when the game is clearly over.

+1

sonic21
06-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Gasol dunking on the home team's floor when the Lakers already had the game in hand was kind of disrespectful.

the pietrus play was dirty, if Gasol would have fell and not hang on to the rim, then yes Pietrus would definitely be suspended for the next game. Since Gasol didn't fell, then no. (imo)

dirk4mvp
06-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Stack got suspended for barely pushing Shaq (not Stack's fault Shaq weighs 400 lbs.) This guy should break out his best looking suit for national tv.

TheManFromAcme
06-12-2009, 07:56 AM

Hey Nimrod!

$$ says you'd be complaining also if this were your team. Your not above not complaining so shut up.

leo_d
06-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Score points until the time is over isn`t against the rules, punch another player in the back with two fists closed while he is jumping is against the rules.

I hope they suspend him, the league should not tolerate this kind of behavior. And if Pietrus wanted to say something to Gasol he should have gone face to face with him.

Spurlady
06-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I hate the Lakers but looking at the video, yes Pietrus should be punished for that foul. However, Kobe's elbow to the head also warrants a look, if he doesn't take Nelson out, then he probably doesn't get the pass off to Fisher. I doubt either gets suspended though.

JoeTait75
06-12-2009, 08:22 AM
No, he shouldn't be suspended, just because it's the Finals. But no doubt, it was a dirty play by a front-runner who showboats like crazy when his team is on top but apparently melts like a little bitch when he's on the other side of the coin.

TDomination
06-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Those saying that Gasol was running up the score is ridiculous. Unless you're up by double digits at that point in the game, you keep scoring when the opportunity is there.

And Pietrus should be suspended. It clearly looked like a frustration foul that potentially could've injured Gasol.

lefty
06-12-2009, 08:25 AM
speculation time since we dont have a game till sunday. is he gone or not? this is the most damning evidence against him. its basically two closes fists in the back.
discuss

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ufpsgo.gif

I'm not so sure

Maybe he noticed a mosquito on Gasol's jersey and wanted to kill it

Nahtanoj
06-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Look at Jameer's feet.

leo_d
06-12-2009, 08:38 AM
man, that could have resulted in a serius injury

Jace
06-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Bad play but he didn't really push with open hands which would have made it much worse

TJastal
06-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Pietrus looks like he's going to hammer the shit out of him at first with his fists but if you watch the fucking replay he lets up alot and actually uses the back of his forearms.. the end result can't even be considered a punch or hit, it ends up being a push to the back, BFD

LMAO any anyone that thinks this could have caused an injury. Pietrus pushed him "so hard" Gasol doesn't even let go the rim. :sleep

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 08:48 AM
shit son....orlando making 3's, anythign can happen. You got an open dunk, u do it. Especially when they're still trying to foul.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Its absolutely pathetic that people are clamoring for suspension on this play when Kobe can throw a vicious elbow to the face in full view of 3 refs and not even get a foul called.

Seriously, I hope D Howard throws one of his hardest elbows EVER into Kobe's jaw next time Kobe tries to jump on him under the basket.

I gaurantee the little fucktwat Kobe will never attempt that shit again.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Its absolutely pathetic that people are clamoring for suspension on this play when Kobe can throw a vicious elbow to the face in full view of 3 refs and not even get a foul called.

Seriously, I hope D Howard throws one of his hardest elbows EVER into Kobe's jaw next time Kobe tries to jump on him under the basket.

I gaurantee the little fucktwat Kobe will never attempt that shit again.

lol..did you not see the replays...Nelson feet were inside of Kobe and Kobe was teh guy standing there. lol.

Its like me suing a wall cuz i ran into it.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 09:38 AM
lol..did you not see the replays...Nelson feet were inside of Kobe and Kobe was teh guy standing there. lol.

Its like me suing a wall cuz i ran into it.

So, according to you... its ok to throw a flagrantly intentional elbow to someone's face any time an opposing player is next to another and their feet are close together? Is that what your telling me? Are you fucking serious?

If the NBA worked like that the elbows would be flying non-stop.

C'mon man, its one thing to use your arm and shoulder to move somebody out of your "personal space", which he could have done. Its quite another to throw a vicious elbow directed into someone's face.

I really hope next time Kobe comes skipping into the paint to bearhug Dwight are rake him across the arm, Dwight's elbow finds Kobe's face. Of course, then it'll be a flagrant foul on Dwight I'm sure, not "running into the wall".

:rolleyes

TwinTowers
06-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Good hard foul, should not be suspended

leo_d
06-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I really hope next time Kobe comes skipping into the paint to bearhug Dwight are rake him across the arm, Dwight's elbow finds Kobe's face. Of course, then it'll be a flagrant foul on Dwight I'm sure, not "running into the wall".

:rolleyes

yeah, because getting a flagrant 2 on Howard is the best way to win the game :rolleyes

This is not a playground, the final objective is to win the trophy, not take vendettas or make statments fouls

Jacko
06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
He'll get suspended for that. Even though it didn't hurt Gasol it LOOKED very malicious in its intent and that will get you a suspension every single time.

InRareForm
06-12-2009, 10:47 AM
gif police out in full effect.

lol come on you pansies, the slow mo effect makes it seem worse.

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 10:52 AM
let him play...it's the finals, hard fouls are a part of the game

Ron Ron Artest
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey Nimrod!

$$ says you'd be complaining also if this were your team. Your not above not complaining so shut up.

No, I wouldnt be complaining if it happened in the last 30 seconds of a game that my team was going to win to put my team up 3-1 in the NBA Finals. Sorry, but there is nothing to complain about here. I would be too happy with my team to start complaining about something like this. Its retarded.

Yes it probably was a flagrant foul but who cares. I just dont get why some fans just cant enjoy their victory that put their team up 3-1 in the NBA Finals instead of complaining about some last second no call. Makes zero sense.

Its the NBA.... Most fans expect too much out of the refs. If you have watched enough NBA games you should already know that the refs suck balls so you should be used to it by this point in the season.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 11:52 AM

That doesn't even look like any foul to me. Kobe's picking up the ball to pass to Fish. There's no follow-through on the elbow, notice it barely clips Jameer and stops right there. There ain't no swinging of the elbows, and it looks like somebody just picking up a basketball for an overhead pass.

This is more of Jameer running into Kobe's space; as somebody else mentioned, check out Jameer's feet. Kobe was already set, Jameer was not as he ran into the play, if there's a foul to be called, it would be on Jameer.

Ron Ron Artest
06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
That doesn't even look like any foul to me. Kobe's picking up the ball to pass to Fish. There's no follow-through on the elbow, notice it barely clips Jameer and stops right there. There ain't no swinging of the elbows, and it looks like somebody just picking up a basketball for an overhead pass.

This is more of Jameer running into Kobe's space; as somebody else mentioned, check out Jameer's feet. Kobe was already set, Jameer was not as he ran into the play, if there's a foul to be called, it would be on Jameer.

There is no foul to be called. This was nothing and anyone who thinks its a foul on kobe doesnt know much about basketball. I hate the lakers as much as anyone else but its stupid to think that this was a foul on kobe.

And By the way, the flagrant foul by Pietrus was reviewed and they didnt punish him anymore than whatever happened in the game.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
There is no foul to be called. This was nothing and anyone who thinks its a foul on kobe doesnt know much about basketball. I hate the lakers as much as anyone else but its stupid to think that this was a foul on kobe.

And By the way, the flagrant foul by Pietrus was reviewed and they didnt punish him anymore than whatever happened in the game.

Great on both counts.

Kriz-Maxima
06-12-2009, 12:21 PM
That Kobe elbow doesn't look like a foul to me. Kobe is going to his right just as Jameer is coming towards him. If Jameer was set, maybe, but he is moving towards Kobe's elbows and winds up in Kobe's space.

Pietrus punch/push looks like it could justify a suspension but I don't think the NBA suspends him. Stupid play by Pietrus.

iggypop123
06-12-2009, 12:33 PM
confirmed. pietrus will not face further action. i guess a flagrant 1 is enough

cobbler
06-12-2009, 12:51 PM
The elbow by Kobe was the far dirtier play IMO. And intentionally done as he is looking right at Nelson as he swinging his elbow into him.

In my opinion Kobe deserves the suspension far more.

Clearly, you have never actually played basketball and know nothing about the rules.

that didnt look intentional by kobe. he was making the motion before jameer even got there. on top of that, jameer went into the elbow. stop being homers.

Clearly, you have.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I still stand by my original interpretation.. that this COULD be construed as a foul, and yes it SHOULD be. Why, you may ask?

When I look at the replay it appears Kobe moves into Jameer just as much as Jameer is moving into him, but the telling part is after Kobe elbows him in the mouth, you can see Kobe stops moving towards Jameer, changes direction to straighten up.

That's why it looks intentional, not accidental. If his intention is not to hit Jameer with his elbow, why does he not just go straight up to begin with, as he can clearly pass over the much shorter Nelson. That should be the part of the criteria for a foul of this nature, whether there is intention to throw the elbow. In this case I submit there looks to be intention on Kobe's part.

Regardless, its like I said before if this is not a foul, then it should also be perfectly legal that anytime Howard has the ball in the painted area and the little pests (Kobe and Fisher) come traipsing into his personal space (and they have done it time and time again) to hack and grab at the ball, their jaw and facial bones should also be fair game for Howard's elbows.

ducks
06-12-2009, 02:20 PM
that elbow on kobe should have caused a whistle to blow either foul on kobe or nelson

ducks
06-12-2009, 02:21 PM

get off of kobe nuts

sook
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
pussies

Red Hawk #21
06-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Reminiscent of Kobe on Bibby back in Game 6 of WCF 2002

BUMP
06-12-2009, 04:47 PM
The Kobe elbowing people in the face shit is starting to get old.

I don't understand why people don't ever give him a cheapshot. Other players walk around and pat him on the ass everytime they touch, there's to much respect. Its one thing if Kobe wasn't a dirty player but he is constantly throwing cheap shots, someone needs to return the favor

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
The Kobe elbowing people in the face shit is starting to get old.

I don't understand why people don't ever give him a cheapshot. Other players walk around and pat him on the ass everytime they touch, there's to much respect. Its one thing if Kobe wasn't a dirty player but he is constantly throwing cheap shots, someone needs to return the favor

He gets cheap shots, but he doesnt roll around the floor to get attention and all is forgotten.

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Kobe gets smacked around more than any other perimeter player in the league.

Him throwing elbows is mostly in response to that. I think if the refs are going to let players be more physical with him than other players then they have to look the other way when he throws little elbows and jabs back.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Him throwing elbows is mostly in response to that. I think if the refs are going to let players be more physical with him than other players then they have to look the other way when he throws little elbows and jabs back.

Oh really? More than ANY other player in the league. Gosh. /sarcasm off

Red Hawk #21
06-12-2009, 05:05 PM

DrHouse this is exactly why I and others get into other arguments with you, how can you actually try to justify Kobe elbowing players? Like BUMP said earlier, Kobe's being doing this shit for the longest. One day he's gunna elbow the wrong person and he's gunna get his ass whooped. That is all.

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 05:40 PM
DrHouse this is exactly why I and others get into other arguments with you, how can you actually try to justify Kobe elbowing players? Like BUMP said earlier, Kobe's being doing this shit for the longest. One day he's gunna elbow the wrong person and he's gunna get his ass whooped. That is all.

If it's a blatant elbow Kobe will get called for it. Hell he's gotten suspended numerous times for elbows.

But the little ones that go unnoticed should stay that way because he takes his licks from defenders. If Kobe couldn't hit ridiculous shots with contact those would be fouls, but because he can they don't call fouls.

TJastal
06-12-2009, 06:06 PM
If it's a blatant elbow Kobe will get called for it. Hell he's gotten suspended numerous times for elbows.

But the little ones that go unnoticed should stay that way because he takes his licks from defenders. If Kobe couldn't hit ridiculous shots with contact those would be fouls, but because he can they don't call fouls.

Enough with the b.s. already.

Every star player takes hard fouls, in fact every player in the NBA. I"m sorry but I've seen nothing yet so far to make me think Kobe is unique in this regard. And Kobe's a goddamn jumpshooting specialist..doesn't take it to the rim very often. Why would you claim something so preposterous?

Tony Parker and Rondo take way way more hard fouls than Kobe by a longshot, just to name 2 off the top of my head. I guess by your logic they should be even madder than Kobe about those fouls and laying people out with those "unnoticed" elbows.