PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Allen lashes out at Spurs' Bowen - (Monroe)

Solid D
03-31-2005, 01:42 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA033105.7C.BKNspurs.bowen.18e60a1b5.html
Web Posted: 03/31/2005 12:00 AM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

The Spurs played the Seattle SuperSonics on Wednesday night at SBC Center, but there was a game within the game that was just as compelling: Bruce Bowen vs. Ray Allen.

Just as the Spurs scored an 89-76 victory over the Sonics, Bowen defeated Allen in a one-on-one matchup that was entertaining, educational and occasionally explosive.

And that was just the war of words.

Bowen, acknowledged as one of the league's best perimeter defenders, held Allen, an All-Star guard acknowledged as one of the league's best perimeter scorers, to 6-for-17 shooting. Allen was so frustrated that he took yet another verbal poke at Bowen's defensive tactics.

Last season, he said Bowen played "sissy basketball."

Wednesday night, he said Bowen doesn't play basketball at all.

"I don't know what he does," Allen said. "They put him out there to throw punches and throw elbows. I don't know what he's doing. That's not basketball that he plays."

Bowen responded with a subtle backhand that ought to sting Allen as much as the elbows and punches he accuses Bowen of throwing: The truly great players, Bowen said, take their licking and work on ways to outplay the great defenders.

"I've never heard the great ones say anything like that," Bowen said. "You never heard Michael Jordan say: '(New York Knicks guard) John Starks doesn't play basketball, or the Pistons don't play basketball.' John Starks might have gotten physical with him, but what did Michael do? He went and hit the gym hard and continued to play."

What is it about Bowen that frustrates so many great scorers?

Brent Barry, who saw the feud from the other side as a member of the Sonics last season, said the answer is simple: Bowen never stops playing defense.

"Most NBA players can play defense for about 10 seconds," Barry said. "Bruce never stops, and it makes guys mad. It's hard to get under Ray Allen's skin because he's such a great player. Bruce, obviously, does a great job of frustrating anybody."

Bowen said he takes no satisfaction in having so frustrated Allen that he takes verbal swipes at him.

"I'm more satisfied with the win," Bowen said. "If I made it personal, it would be that way. I respect Ray a great deal. That's why I prepare for him the way I do, because he's a very good player. People react differently. As long as he's missing shots, I'm happy."

Allen finished with 14 points, nearly 10 under his season scoring average of 23.9, and was called for an offensive foul in the fourth quarter for throwing an elbow at Bowen that did not connect. He said Bowen had hit him with an elbow first, and he got caught when he tried to retaliate.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich credited Bowen for learning how to maintain his composure when emotions begin to run hot, and when his defensive efforts fail to prevent a basket.

"Bruce is getting better and better at that," Popovich said. "Just play the game and not worry about anything. What he's doing is a great job of just focusing on the job at hand and not worrying about what happens, especially if somebody scores. Ray made his first three or four jumpers, but Bruce just kept guarding him the same way. He didn't get excited and start fouling, bumping and hitting."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]

MannyIsGod
03-31-2005, 01:45 AM
I call bullshit on Bruce and his no satisfaction on the record quote.

If I was Bruce, I'd have a bronzed Pussy put on my mantle for everytime little Ray Ray started crying.

milkyway21
03-31-2005, 01:52 AM
this is what i'm excited about tonight, folks

the post-game quotes :D :D :D

just like whenever Bowen played vs. Vince Carter :lol

PM5K
03-31-2005, 02:05 AM
"I've never heard the great ones say anything like that," Bowen said. "You never heard Michael Jordan say: '(New York Knicks guard) John Starks doesn't play basketball, or the Pistons don't play basketball.' John Starks might have gotten physical with him, but what did Michael do? He went and hit the gym hard and continued to play."

That's not true, Reggie Miller played Michael with a Bowen like defense, of course the difference is that Bruce plays that way against pretty much everybody but back to the point, Michael once said that playing against Reggie was like "dancing with a woman".

TheWriter
03-31-2005, 02:23 AM
That's not true, Reggie Miller played Michael with a Bowen like defense, of course the difference is that Bruce plays that way against pretty much everybody but back to the point, Michael once said that playing against Reggie was like "dancing with a woman".

But did Michael ever cry about Reggie's defense?

shyne
03-31-2005, 02:24 AM
Ray Allen is a pussy all he does is shoot jumpers, never takes it to the rim. Thats why he isnt on kobe or lebrons level

shyne
03-31-2005, 02:24 AM
or manus

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Why doesn't Ray Allen realize that comments like this make him look more like a wuss? Why didn't he just say that Bruce is a good defender, sometimes he gets the best of me, sometimes I get the best of him. Ray had two good games against Bruce this season. He didn't have to go pussified in the postgame comments.

milkyway21
03-31-2005, 02:38 AM
Ray Allen is a pussy all he does is shoot jumpers, never takes it to the rim. Thats why he isnt on kobe or lebrons levelyeah agree
..if there's a player who shld be bitchin' about Bowen's play it shld be Kobe, one of the reasons why Bowen is a Spur in the 1st place. But what Kobe had to say about Bowen's defense was "let him guard me, he doesn't bother me at all".

i think Allen/Vince shld start shutting that mouth from this time on. Stop the whining :pussy :pussy

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Spurs bully Sonics, Allen
All-Star guard complains of rough play by Bowen

By DANNY O'NEIL
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

SAN ANTONIO -- Sonics guard Ray Allen sat in a folding chair, an ice bag on his lap, while a doctor checked the peanut-sized lump swelling in his left wrist.

"It always hurts when you lose," Allen said.

The wrist was fine, Allen said. It was last night's 89-76 loss in San Antonio that really stung and the physical play of Bruce Bowen -- which Allen said produced the bruise on his wrist -- that really had him stewing.

"I don't compare him to anyone, because he's the only one I know that doesn't play basketball," Allen said. "He's out there playing some other sport. I don't know what you call it."

That was the subplot. The main storyline was a showdown between two of the three Western Conference teams that already have clinched a playoff spot. Each team was minus an injured All-Star, the Spurs playing without Tim Duncan and the Sonics missing Rashard Lewis.

April is the month that is supposed go out like a lamb, but Seattle (49-22) ended March by getting fleeced in San Antonio (53-18). The Sonics had 48 points after three quarters -- a total they usually eclipse by halftime -- and never got closer than 10 points in the second half. They left town trailing San Antonio by four games for the second seed in the Western Conference playoffs and stinging from the Spurs' hands-on approach to defense.

That was especially true for Allen, who made his first three shots but only three of his next 14 field-goal attempts and finished with 14 points after being badgered, banged and bruised by San Antonio's defensive stopper, Bowen.

"He doesn't play basketball," Allen said. "I don't know what he does. They put him out there to throw punches and throw elbows. I don't know what he's doing. That's not basketball that he plays."

At one point the two exchanged forearm shivers in the lane; Bowen was called for a foul for holding Allen. A few possessions later, Allen was called for an offensive foul for an elbow he said was in response to an elbow from Bowen.

Bowen has heard those sorts of comments before from Allen. Asked about it afterward, Bowen said he wasn't sure what to say.

"I've never heard the great ones say anything like that," said Bowen, who scored nine points. "You never heard Michael Jordan say, 'Oh, John Starks doesn't play basketball.' John Starks may play physical with M.J., the Detroit Pistons may have been physical with him. What did he do? He went and hit the gym hard and continued to play."

San Antonio has allowed more than 100 points in only seven games all season, and Seattle is responsible for two of them. This time, the Spurs held the Sonics to their second-fewest points in any game this season. Seattle trailed by 20 entering the fourth quarter.

There were no messages being sent for the postseason, Bowen said, and no statements being made.

"It's about us playing Spurs-style basketball, which is playing defense more than anything else," he said.

Well, that and an offense that looked like a full-court layup drill. San Antonio scored its first 12 points on shots taken from inside five feet, with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili scoring six points apiece.

"You've got to be physical," Sonics coach Nate McMillan said. "You have to grab, and you have to start off the game that way. You can't wait until you dig yourself a hole to start and play physical, aggressive defense."

Parker made the Sonics' defense look like a slalom course. Allen said forward-center Danny Fortson's presence could have changed that.

"He would have put (Spurs point guard) Tony Parker on his butt," Allen said of Fortson, who did not accompany the team on this trip to rest a sore ankle.

Instead, Parker made seven of his first eight shots and finished with a game-high 28 points.

"He just ran by all of us," said Sonics point guard Luke Ridnour, who had two points.

San Antonio scored on 12 of its first 13 possessions in the game, rolled up 23 points in the first seven minutes and led by 13.

Seattle scored the first nine points of the second quarter and had the Spurs' lead down to four points twice in the first five minutes of the half. But an 11-point San Antonio run buried the Sonics.

Seattle had seven assists, fewest in 30 years for any Sonics team.

"That shows you are not using each other, not finding each other's spots," McMillan said.

Ronald Murray led Seattle with 17 points, scoring all of them in the second half after he missed all four of his shots in the first two quarters.

For the fifth consecutive game, the Sonics trailed at halftime. They have come back to win three of those games, which has provided great drama. It's also pretty draining and more difficult against playoff-tested teams such as San Antonio.

"We've been fortunate -- or lucky so to speak -- to be able to come out of some of those situations," McMillan said. "But a good team -- like we met tonight -- they're going to keep the pressure on you and make you earn what you get."

TheWriter
03-31-2005, 03:25 AM
"He would have put (Spurs point guard) Tony Parker on his butt," Allen said of Fortson, who did not accompany the team on this trip to rest a sore ankle.

Wonder if Ray would have called his Mommy and asked her to talk to Bowen's mother had Bowen put Allen on his ass.

shyne
03-31-2005, 03:31 AM
Bruce is dirty muthfucka, but hes still plays the best D in the league. He acts innocent but he knows what hes doing out there lol. I love watching him play D. He should be DPOY no doubt. Especially now that Tim is hurt, he would have go tit this year

TheWriter
03-31-2005, 03:46 AM
He's not dirty.

If h were, he'd be out their breaking noses, punching players, pulling their shorts down (like Artest), etc.

He's aggressive, he uses contact sure, but it's not dirty.

rwb
03-31-2005, 03:49 AM
The only thing Allen had bruised was his ego. Bruce is the best defensive player in the NBA as far as I'm concerned, and instead of respecting him for it, Allen has to go whining because he didn't get handed open shots on a plate. He and Vince Carter need to act like professionals where Bruce is concerned and keep their insecurities to themselves. Give me a break, man.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2005, 03:51 AM
So Jesus can't stand Bowen's physical play, but wants his goon Fortson to knock Parker on his ass?

gilmor
03-31-2005, 04:00 AM
Ray Allen didnt admit that Tony is simply just great.. he has to mention Forston.. Allen is just a whinny mofo.. like Kori has mentioned.

boutons
03-31-2005, 04:13 AM
"never takes it to the rim"

Not true at all. Ray drives and finishes a lot.

grjr
03-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Sonics guard Ray Allen sat in a folding chair, an ice bag on his lap,

Well no wonder he was bitchy. He had a bruised vagina.

jr

Drachen
03-31-2005, 04:40 AM
:tu
yeah, I think you are right he did bruise his :cat

:lol

LakerGod
03-31-2005, 05:04 AM
What else is to expect from a dirty player with no game like Bowen?

:lol

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA033105.7C.BKNspurs.bowen.18e60a1b5.html
Web Posted: 03/31/2005 12:00 AM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

The Spurs played the Seattle SuperSonics on Wednesday night at SBC Center, but there was a game within the game that was just as compelling: Bruce Bowen vs. Ray Allen.

Just as the Spurs scored an 89-76 victory over the Sonics, Bowen defeated Allen in a one-on-one matchup that was entertaining, educational and occasionally explosive.

And that was just the war of words.

Bowen, acknowledged as one of the league's best perimeter defenders, held Allen, an All-Star guard acknowledged as one of the league's best perimeter scorers, to 6-for-17 shooting. Allen was so frustrated that he took yet another verbal poke at Bowen's defensive tactics.

Last season, he said Bowen played "sissy basketball."

Wednesday night, he said Bowen doesn't play basketball at all.

"I don't know what he does," Allen said. "They put him out there to throw punches and throw elbows. I don't know what he's doing. That's not basketball that he plays."

Bowen responded with a subtle backhand that ought to sting Allen as much as the elbows and punches he accuses Bowen of throwing: The truly great players, Bowen said, take their licking and work on ways to outplay the great defenders.

What is it about Bowen that frustrates so many great scorers?

Brent Barry, who saw the feud from the other side as a member of the Sonics last season, said the answer is simple: Bowen never stops playing defense.

"Most NBA players can play defense for about 10 seconds," Barry said. "Bruce never stops, and it makes guys mad. It's hard to get under Ray Allen's skin because he's such a great player. Bruce, obviously, does a great job of frustrating anybody."

Bowen said he takes no satisfaction in having so frustrated Allen that he takes verbal swipes at him.

"I'm more satisfied with the win," Bowen said. "If I made it personal, it would be that way. I respect Ray a great deal. That's why I prepare for him the way I do, because he's a very good player. People react differently. As long as he's missing shots, I'm happy."

Allen finished with 14 points, nearly 10 under his season scoring average of 23.9, and was called for an offensive foul in the fourth quarter for throwing an elbow at Bowen that did not connect. He said Bowen had hit him with an elbow first, and he got caught when he tried to retaliate.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich credited Bowen for learning how to maintain his composure when emotions begin to run hot, and when his defensive efforts fail to prevent a basket.

"Bruce is getting better and better at that," Popovich said. "Just play the game and not worry about anything. What he's doing is a great job of just focusing on the job at hand and not worrying about what happens, especially if somebody scores. Ray made his first three or four jumpers, but Bruce just kept guarding him the same way. He didn't get excited and start fouling, bumping and hitting."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 10:27 AM

Whatever. Bowen is damn crafty, but he doesn't punch players or whatever people think.

spurster
03-31-2005, 10:39 AM
I think Allen gets a little claustrophobia when Bowen doesn't give him any space.

exstatic
03-31-2005, 10:58 AM
"He doesn't play basketball," Allen said. "I don't know what he does. They put him out there to throw punches and throw elbows. I don't know what he's doing. That's not basketball that he plays."

If you watch Bruce play a talented pussy like Allen, he shows his hands at all times. How can you be punching someone when you have your hands out at your sides, palms towards the player? Bruce plays better on ball defense than any perimeter player in the league, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see a lot of him rubbing off on both Manu and Tony.

maxpower
03-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Why doesn't Ray Allen realize that comments like this make him look more like a wuss? Why didn't he just say that Bruce is a good defender, sometimes he gets the best of me, sometimes I get the best of him. Ray had two good games against Bruce this season. He didn't have to go pussified in the postgame comments.

He's keeping it real.

Spurminator
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM
I keep wanting to like Ray Allen, but his whining about Bowen and his comment about Parker - all on the same night - prevent me from doing so.

Fuck him.

timvp
03-31-2005, 11:47 AM
The weird thing is Pop and Ray Allen were best buddies at All-Star weekend.

Ginofan
03-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Hope you don't mind Kori (if you do feel free to edit me hehe) But I always like to bring this out whenever we have someone bitch about Bruce :)

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/7113/ginofanbrucelist8003ul.jpg

Medvedenko
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
I have already said my 2 cents about Bowen's "D" and no need to say it again...Ray's a punk bitch anyway....Jordan never complained...no he just got all the calls in the L when he was clutched and grabbed.

Spurminator
03-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Kobe never complains either. It's one of the few things I still respect about him.

baseline bum
03-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Bruce is a dirty mother.... makes him one of my favorite players all-time. The Lakers had Fox, the Bulls had Rodman, the Pistons had... well, everyone aside from Dumars, the Celtics had Ainge... players who get under their opponents skin game in and game out are such important parts of championship teams.

BigVee
03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
I personally all the bitching by these teams. When is the last time you heard someone on another team call the Spurs soft? Don't hear that crap much anymore. Now they complain about getting pushed around.

Kori Ellis
03-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Ginofan, I love that Wallpaper. Thanks for posting it. I had forgotten about it.

Medvedenko
03-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Kobe doesn't complain...that's true..he does get pissed though....I remeber when Steve Smith was on Portland and he would infuriate KB8 to no end with his veteran D. It's the same with Bowen...I don't like it, but I would like it on my team. We had Fox, which was a good defender but he used to be big prick to most players, but that was his role and it worked while his atheleticm enabled him to.

Ishta
03-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Well no wonder he was bitchy. He had a bruised vagina.

jr
OMG I just read this... This is too damn funny. Players need to shut up their crying about Bruce's D. Maybe they should learn from him how to do it!! He is anything BUT dirty. Now a dirty player that comes to my mind was Karl Malone. You don't get much dirtier than that!

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Kobe never complains either. It's one of the few things I still respect about him.

This is why I like KOBE he never crys about BOWEN defence,the guy has 3 titles what does gay gay have 0 titles and crys when someone plays defence everytime BOWEN is on the court.Last year gay gay said that BOWEN plays like a SISSY GIRL if thats the case he should have no problem scoring over 50pts. every game against the SPURS.

ray ray = gay gay :elephant :elephant :lol :lol

Que Gee
03-31-2005, 02:34 PM
He's not dirty.

If h were, he'd be out their breaking noses, punching players, pulling their shorts down (like Artest), etc.

He's aggressive, he uses contact sure, but it's not dirty.

Thats not true. If he were breaking noses, punching players, he'd be a thug. And never allowed to play the way he does. He is a bit of a dirty player in the sense he pulls, tugs, elbows, slight bumps...(I'm not defending Ray, I'm just making a point) Its part of the NBA and some guys don't like it. But Ray Allen isn't the only one who thinks this about Bruce...it just so happens he's the ones who puts it in print the most which makes him look even more like wuss...You can say thats not why he is in the class of Lebron or Kobe, but Kobe BITCHES EVERYTIME he misses a shot.

Ballcox
03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey, most great defensive players are at least a little bit dirty, that's just part of the game and being a great defender. You just do the little things, grab a little jersey, nudge the ribs with your elbow, put your ass under the shooter to block out while he's in the air, etc. It's part physical and part mental, if you get a shooter like Ray thinking about Bruce instead of his offense and his shot, you've gotten to him, he's not as effective at that point. Now, if you run into a big time player who has the physical skills and the mental game to go along with it, then you're in trouble. That's when you just try to hold the guy to 20-25 points instead of 35 plus points.

respect the 'fro :fro

iminlakerland
03-31-2005, 04:27 PM
And Ray Allan thinks hes the best player at his position HA! Try again Jesus Shuttlesworth

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-31-2005, 05:11 PM
The weird thing is Pop and Ray Allen were best buddies at All-Star weekend.

Maybe Ray really does have a vagina. Was Pop smiling?

boutons
03-31-2005, 05:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/bamboozool2/999_temp/bruces_bitches.jpg

shyne
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Who cares if Bruce is dirty he still gets the job done and helps us win games. People on here say he isnt dirty because they want the spurs to keep their nice guy image, But if you really watch him close on the court he does the little things that piss people off. But the difference with Bruce is he always acts like hes doing nothing wrong, if he bragged about how tough and dirty he was the refs would call fouls on him all the time, and pop would have his ass. So he says all the right things in the media about
other players, but Bruce knows what he is doing and I'm sure pop knows to LOL. He doesnt try to hurt people, just take them out of their game.

BronxCowboy
03-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I guess it depends how you define dirty. I don't think what Bruce does is dirty. He does get away with stuff, but it's not malicious. He's not out there to knock people down or elbow them in the face or anything like that.

kskonn
03-31-2005, 05:45 PM
I still think the best part of this whole thing was the indirect way that Bowen said that Ray was not a great one. That is one thing Bowen does really well, he keeps a cool head and never takes the bait. He always manages to make the guy bitching look even worse with his comments.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Kobe cries like a pussy too, he just does it to the refs instead of the media.

No game? Bowen would be the third best player on the Fakers.

SequSpur
03-31-2005, 08:23 PM
WGAF. This article is a waste of time. Tell me something I don't know everytime the Spurs play Seattle.

When is a writer going to come up with something fresh?

BS.

ShoogarBear
03-31-2005, 09:00 PM
So Jesus can't stand Bowen's physical play, but wants his goon Fortson to knock Parker on his ass?
Exactly. I can't believe more writers didn't go after him for his hypocrisy.

Also, there's this:

"You've got to be physical," Sonics coach Nate McMillan said. "You have to grab, and you have to start off the game that way. You can't wait until you dig yourself a hole to start and play physical, aggressive defense."
McMillan, who was a tough defensive guard, gets it.

Somebody needs to ask Allen what he thinks about how Danny Fortson plays.

milkyway21
03-31-2005, 09:21 PM
:wtf

no game?
*remember 1/4/05 game vs. the fakers?
*remember game 2 of the 2003 playoffs?

:idiot

milkyway21
03-31-2005, 10:08 PM
barry says it best....the rest of the league plays defense for about ten seconds.....bruce plays defense 100% of the time...actually Brent the "Bones" has become one of my Spurs' postgame quotes, aside from TP.

:blah

Solid D
03-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Not only did Bowen and Gino defend Ray Allen well...the Spurs realized that the Sonics are a surprisingly "right" team. The Spurs over compensated to the right side on Ridenour, Daniels, Murray, and Allen and the Sonics got totally out of sync.

The Spurs did this tactic the last time they played in Seattle, also, although to a lesser degree on Daniels. It's no coincidence that the Spurs held the Sonics to 7 assists and 10 assists in those two games...both season lows for the Sonics.

bigbendbruisebrother
03-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Watching the game last night, I kept thinking about Allen's comment bitching about his teamates and declaring that the only Sonics that were basically allowed to shoot were he and Lewis. I guess he got what he wished for on Wednesday.

And by the way, I must say that some of you guys are maligning vaginas immensely by comparing them to Ray Allen. Think about the pounding vaginas take on a regular basis. Could Ray Allen hold up to that without stopping to get iced? I think not. And what about the vagina's ability to withstand great pressure, such as in childbirth? Of course not. Allen: "If only Fortson were here, I'd deliver..."

No I think the only body parts that Allen can compare to are a fissured, bleeding asshole, or a shriveled penis fried in a botched circumcision.

Keep pounding the rock Bruce.

samikeyp
03-31-2005, 11:43 PM

Game 2 of the 2003 WC semis, Bowen stripped the ball from Kobe, Kobe stood there and bitched while Bruce ran down for a dunk.

Guru of Nothing
04-01-2005, 12:29 AM
And by the way, I must say that some of you guys are maligning vaginas immensely by comparing them to Ray Allen. Think about the pounding vaginas take on a regular basis. Could Ray Allen hold up to that without stopping to get iced? I think not. And what about the vagina's ability to withstand great pressure, such as in childbirth? Of course not. Allen: "If only Fortson were here, I'd deliver..."

No I think the only body parts that Allen can compare to are a fissured, bleeding asshole, or a shriveled penis fried in a botched circumcision.

That's a GREAT post, imho.

waly.mg
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/050330/050330_3.jpg

Who´s that player, Manu or Ray Allen?

"I should have knocked him on his (butt) early instead of waiting until the end of the game," James said.

"So we know what we've got to do next time."

Who´s the Dirty player, Bruce Bowen or Jerome Jmames?

Check this Stat (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbafouls&qual=true&sort=fouls&league=nba&split=0&season=2005&seasontype=2&avg=48)

NBA Fouls Leaders
RNK NAME GP MPG PF PFPG PFP48M FLAG TECH EJECT
1 Danny Fortson, SEA 54 17.3 242 4.5 12.5 3 21 3
2 Jerome James, SEA 69 16.6 239 3.5 10.0 1 10 2
3 Nick Collison, SEA 71 16.1 220 3.1 9.3 1 0 0

Do you listen Manu cry in this play?
If Bowen play Sizzy basket, what Jerome James play?

bigbendbruisebrother
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
That's a GREAT post, imho.

Gracias.

This morning, I realized Ray Allen's anatomical counterpart. It'll make a catchy nickname too:

The Appendix

Think about it. The Appendix is full of shit, and completely useless to the rest of the body. It's also prone to becoming irritated and exploding at the least opportune time.

Ray Allen, The Appendix.

mookie2001
04-01-2005, 12:58 PM
ray allen is a big bitch

desflood
04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Watching the game last night, I kept thinking about Allen's comment bitching about his teamates and declaring that the only Sonics that were basically allowed to shoot were he and Lewis. I guess he got what he wished for on Wednesday.

Pure genius!

travis2
04-01-2005, 01:05 PM
The Appendix

Think about it. The Appendix is full of shit, and completely useless to the rest of the body. It's also prone to becoming irritated and exploding at the least opportune time.

Ray Allen, The Appendix.

:lmao

Now THAT is a classic post!

Taco
04-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Ray Allen - No

Gay Allen - Yes

tekdragon
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
bigbendbruisebrother:

Well played!