PDA

View Full Version : Will you (non-Laker fans) be depressed if the Lakers win?

Jacko
06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I see a lot of you are so emotionally invested in wanting the Lakers to lose this series. I never quite understood why people gave a shit, especially after their own teams have gotten knocked out.

Is it Kobe getting his 1st ring without Shaq, Phil getting #10, or just the fact that LAL is so consistently dominant that pisses you off?

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
D. All of the above

z0sa
06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
e. every lakerfan is a fucking douche

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 10:30 AM

F. you Fail

sook
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
What a gay ass thread. You must be conceited as hell.

Dex
06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Don't confuse us hating your team with us caring about it.

My emotional investment in this season ended when the Spurs got bounced.

Rogue
06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
What a gay ass thread. You must be conceited as hell.
He is a typical Laker fan.

sook
06-12-2009, 10:38 AM
No its not just that...but the fact that you think we revolve around the fact whether your team wins or loses just shows how self absorbed you are. Most lakers fans aren't like this but damn...we have our own teams.

duncan228
06-12-2009, 10:39 AM
If the Spurs are out, I'm just a fan of the game. No emotional attachment at all. Makes no difference to me who wins, I just hope for some good games along the way.

playaslk
06-12-2009, 10:40 AM

I realize you may not understand the concept, but here is the rundown... If you hate, you care. You care differently compared to Laker fans, but you still care. Yes, i know, crazy logic....

playaslk
06-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I have to say that the Lakers have the most haters in sports w/ the exception of the Yankees. I guess LA is the Yanks of the NBA. People watch/hate/cheer because its the Lakers. No other team in sports (that are followed) has a chant to fuck w/ them "beat LA". Whether its because of the teams on the court over the years or because people are jelous of the so cal lifestyle (dont freak out but as a general rule its true), they LOVE to put down the SoCal teams. Lakers, Trojans, etc...

dirk4mvp
06-12-2009, 10:47 AM
No. It'll be nice to see the Grizzlies win a title.

Dex
06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I realize you may not understand the concept, but here is the rundown... If you hate, you care. You care differently compared to Laker fans, but you still care. Yes, i know, crazy logic....

:rolleyes Don't try to pull your Jedi Mind Tricks with me.

benefactor
With all of these types of threads, I see plenty of merit in creating an Insecure Lakers Fan Forum as a sub-forum of this one.

InRareForm
you are terrible.

Jacko
If you HATE the Lakers you actually do care because you are investing enough emotional energy to actually feel something about the Lakers.

Ambivalence would indicate truly not giving a fuck about what the Lakers do.

KidCongo
06-12-2009, 10:52 AM
It's DrHouse people don't mind him.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Laker fans have to be the most self absorbed motherfuckers on the planet... if its not them, its about them, because of them or in spite of them...

ginobili's bald spot

You can't hate something and not care. That makes no sense.

InRareForm
If you HATE the Lakers you actually do care because you are investing enough emotional energy to actually feel something about the Lakers.

:sleep:sleep:sleep

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/Spurs19992003/shutyoass2_2.gif

Muser
06-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I just want to watch exciting ball.

Banzai
06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
If the Spurs are out, I'm just a fan of the game. No emotional attachment at all. Makes no difference to me who wins, I just hope for some good games along the way.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/58/you_get_a_cookie.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2981)

Thunder Dan
06-12-2009, 11:07 AM
i dont care either way, i havent watched a game of the finals bc i dont care who wins

lefty
06-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm already pissed anyway, since Lakers will win it

ginobilized
06-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm no Laker fan, but, they flat out won game 4 against some odds. Sure Orlando blew golden opportunities, but, LA hit some BIG shots and have put themselves 48 mins away from a championship. Will I be depressed? I already am at the way the Spurs went out.
If LA wins, I'll deal a slight congratulatory nod their way and hope the Spurs can kick their asses next year.

ginobili's bald spot
06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm no Laker fan, but, they flat out won game 4 against some odds. Sure Orlando blew golden opportunities, but, LA hit some BIG shots and have put themselves 48 mins away from a championship. Will I be depressed? I already am at the way the Spurs went out.
If LA wins, I'll deal a slight congratulatory nod their way and hope the Spurs can kick their asses next year.

A mature and reasonable fan. Props. :toast

cornbread
06-12-2009, 11:31 AM

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "ambivalence".

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 03:04 PM

based in the gamethreads, alot of ur fellow spurs fans do care. lol..you might not, but they surely do.

resistanze
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Why do you care if they care?

pauls931
06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Disgruntled but not depressed. I would of been really bummed if cleveland made it with all the help from officials they got. That would have been a real travesty.

bostonguy
06-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Nah I wont be depressed. I respect the hell out of that franchise and am very impressed with their response to last years finals exit. They really grew a pair of testicles this year. I really dont have any beef with the Lakers or even their fans.

bostonguy
06-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Disgruntled but not depressed. I would of been really bummed if cleveland made it with all the help from officials they got. That would have been a real travesty.

Amen to that. :toast

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
All I have to say is Boston better make it back next season. That's going to be one hell of a Finals if it happens.

stretch
06-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Prior to the collusion trade, I was pretty indifferent to the Lakers. And I actually like Kobe a lot.

I think I only hate the lakers because of that trade. Once this team is dismantled, I will be indifferent about them.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Prior to the collusion trade, I was pretty indifferent to the Lakers. And I actually like Kobe a lot.

I think I only hate the lakers because of that trade. Once this team is dismantled, I will be indifferent about them.

Do you only hate the trade because it caused a knee jerk reaction to trade an upcoming superstar point guard in Harris to an over the hill pg in Jason Kidd?

JoeTait75
06-12-2009, 04:56 PM

Yeah, thank God for all of those moving screens they called on Dewey Howard in the ECF, especially that cross-body block he threw on Varejao and Wallace to free up Rashard at the end of Game 4. Sure glad they called that one. And those push-offs on Turk, like the one at the end of Game 2 that they called on... Sasha Pavlovic.

Hey, wait a second...

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, thank God for all of those moving screens they called on Dewey Howard in the ECF, especially that cross-body block he threw on Varejao and Wallace to free up Rashard at the end of Game 4. Sure glad they called that one. And those push-offs on Turk, like the one at the end of Game 2 that they called on... Sasha Pavlovic.

Hey, wait a second...

What you talking about? Dwight doest camp the lane and body blocks people. He also doesnt do moving screens. Hedo doesnt use his off arm to push of defenders. How dare you say that! Thier defense is #1...i mean they didnt foul the Lakers in the 4th or in OT last night. You gotta be good to pull that off.

:rolleyes

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 05:16 PM
No Cleveland fan should ever complain about the refs in this year's playoffs. They definitely got the benefit of the doubt against the Magic, they just weren't good enough.

JoeTait75
06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
No Cleveland fan should ever complain about the refs in this year's playoffs. They definitely got the benefit of the doubt against the Magic, they just weren't good enough.

Gregory, one guy on our basketball team gets preferential treatment from the officials, and that's LeBron. Every other guy is a role player and a journeyman, and they get role player-and-journeyman calls, which is perfectly fair, and not something I'm complaining about. You want to say "LeBron gets the benefit of the doubt" I can't argue with that. You want to say guys like Ilgauskas, Delonte and Varejao get the benefit of the doubt, I'll call bullshit every time. Because they don't.

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Gregory, one guy on our basketball team gets preferential treatment from the officials, and that's LeBron. Every other guy is a role player and a journeyman, and they get role player-and-journeyman calls, which is perfectly fair, and not something I'm complaining about. You want to say "LeBron gets the benefit of the doubt" I can't argue with that. You want to say guys like Ilgauskas, Delonte and Varejao get the benefit of the doubt, I'll call bullshit every time. Because they don't.

The Cavs did not lose that series because of the refs.

JoeTait75
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
The Cavs did not lose that series because of the refs.

Who said they did? All I'm saying is the Cavaliers didn't get any more preferential treatment than Orlando did. The better team won that series, I've never said otherwise.

bostonguy
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
All I have to say is Boston better make it back next season. That's going to be one hell of a Finals if it happens.

:depressed I am already accepting the fact that the Celts run is over. That would be great if we had a rematch though.

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
:depressed I am already accepting the fact that the Celts run is over. That would be great if we had a rematch though.

how is it over? A fully healthy Celtics squad (with a couple small FA acquistions) is still a 60-win elite team. Sure, the triplets are another year older, but Big baby, Perkins, and Rondo really came into their own this year. C's have a couple contending years left.

bostonguy
06-12-2009, 05:42 PM
how is it over? A fully healthy Celtics squad (with a couple small FA acquistions) is still a 60-win elite team. Sure, the triplets are another year older, but Big baby, Perkins, and Rondo really came into their own this year. C's have a couple contending years left.

KG's health concerns me. That knee injury at his age has me expecting more injuries to come. Big Baby will be a RFA and he MUST be kept. I'd love to see a Celts/Lakers part 2 even if the Celts lose this time around. Alot of things will have to work in the Celts favor and health is the main factor.

LnGrrrR
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
I answer D. I'll be slightly disappointed. :)

carrao45
06-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Not really. It's mostly just DrHouse and Faggot Jacko

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 05:46 PM
KG's health concerns me. That knee injury at his age has me expecting more injuries to come. Big Baby will be a RFA and he MUST be kept. I'd love to see a Celts/Lakers part 2 even if the Celts lose this time around. Alot of things will have to work in the Celts favor and health is the main factor.

true, I hope he makes a full recovery. I fully expect Boston to come back with a vengeance next year. People forget that they started 27-2 this year, before suffering a plethora of injuries throughout the season. Good luck BG, there's nothing quite like Lakers-Celtics:toast

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
The EC is kinda weird in that Boston can beat Orlando but not Cleveland. Orlando can beat Cleveland but not Boston. And Cleveland can beat Boston but not Orlando.

NRHector
06-12-2009, 05:54 PM
will you laker fans be this cocky when Koby retires and your rebuilding process begin? Your time will come within the next 3 years and is going to be ugly for the lakers because there's nobody in the Lakers team that can replace Koby but there's other teams that have players that can play like Koby.:toast

z0sa
06-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Not really. It's mostly just DrHouse and Faggot Jacko

no apologies, but surely the "good" lakerfans must understand why every other fanbase hates them so much.

DrHouse
06-12-2009, 06:10 PM
will you laker fans be this cocky when Koby retires and your rebuilding process begin? Your time will come within the next 3 years and is going to be ugly for the lakers because there's nobody in the Lakers team that can replace Koby but there's other teams that have players that can play like Koby.:toast

It's not like the Lakers haven't had to rebuild before.

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM

2 non-playoff seasons since 1975...yeah, I'm sure our next rebuilding process is gonna be REAL ugly:lol

TheMACHINE
06-12-2009, 06:17 PM

Spurs starting rebuilding prcoess....now?

SpursDynasty
06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
LA's dominance has been absent for six seasons...that's not consistent. There's no hate against this team, there's hate against the BS officiating that gets this team into winning playoff games. I don't think the rest of the Lakers beyond Kobe are good enough to win a championship without missed calls for basket interference or missed calls on Kobe elbowing players. Weak defensively, and casual fans can't name any Lakers outside of Kobe Bryant. It's not an All-Star team. Not even fun to hate. Boring team. Fans don't care enough to hate them.

LEONARD
06-13-2009, 11:53 AM
LA's dominance has been absent for six seasons...that's not consistent. There's no hate against this team, there's hate against the BS officiating that gets this team into winning playoff games. I don't think the rest of the Lakers beyond Kobe are good enough to win a championship without missed calls for basket interference or missed calls on Kobe elbowing players. Weak defensively, and casual fans can't name any Lakers outside of Kobe Bryant. It's not an All-Star team. Not even fun to hate. Boring team. Fans don't care enough to hate them.

Interesting...

Roxsfan
06-13-2009, 01:17 PM
The team earned it. So no big deal. The lakers have an aging, but durable star in Kobe. This brings me to another consolation which is that Kobe won his 1st ring without Shaq during which KG and Yao were out. I feel like if Yao was healthy, Rox win the series conf. and NBA finals. I feel like if KG and the Celts were in the finals vs the Lakers, Celts win. I think the Lakers are good, but had some nice luck fall their way. The ONLY team to test them, to scare them and force a game 7 was the Rockets. We will be back, that you can count on. Lakers fans might not give a shit about that, but I can tell you Kobe and his D-league teammates do.

Bukefal
06-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Not depressed, but I just hate the fact that this possible win will increase your egocentric, arrogant image and behaviour you laker fans and laker players have.

Artest93
06-13-2009, 01:25 PM
No, we won't be depressed, b/c we all knew who Stern was for the whole time

RocketsBlood
06-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Lakers had the easiest road to a Championship which is why some fans are upset about.. The West was plagued with injuries starting with the Suns and no Amare.. Spurs losing Manu and playing with a hurt Duncan.. Rockets had no T-Slack, Yao and Deke got injured for the season and still took the Lakers to 7, with Yao Ming not injured Rockets win that game. The East lost KG for the season.. Orlando lost Nelson for half the season and bring him back to fuck shit up... Only team Lakers played that was healthy was an unexperienced Denver team!

DrHouse
06-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh you can guarantee that Laker fans by and large will become infinitely more obnoxious and arrogant but that is largely due to ALL of the shit ALL of you talked about the Lakers not doing shit since '02 and Kobe not being capable of winning without Shaq.

DeadlyDynasty
06-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Not depressed, but I just hate the fact that this possible win will increase your egocentric, arrogant image and behaviour you laker fans and laker players have.
Maybe we come off as arrogant because our team is ALWAYS WINNING. 2 non-playoff seasons since 1975 doesn't exactly make for a modest fanbase