PDA

View Full Version : DFish, to bench or not to bench?

playaslk
06-12-2009, 10:52 AM
So after the shots from last night... I been thinking....

Fisher is getting close to Horry territory with his shots in big moments. However....

a. He has played garbage ball most of the season. His shot has been missing throughout the playoffs until last few games. Getting 10 points, its considered a nice game out of Fish.

b. His defense on other guards has been something close to non existent. I feel that it hurt the Lakers in numerous games by being on the floor, but not really being there, just taking up space. He's got so many shoe prints on his head, im afraid his hair wont grow back even if he tried. He gets scorched on a nightly basis.

c. It hampers the development of LAs other guards (farmar and brown)

d. He hit 2 shots of his life in the past game and his "veteran leadership" came through during the rockets series with a shoulder to Scola which fired up LA.

So the question is, he has sucked most of the year, but came through yesterday. Do you take that guy to be on your team (not only for yesterday but for the previous 100 games) with the minutes he was playing 25 or so a game with his deficiency on defense, and irratic shot but the ice grill during crunch time?

Jacko
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I want the Lakers to find a real starting PG next season and keep Fish for backup duties. Rest him during the regular season and then let him work his magic in the post season.

LakeShow
06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
I talked about this before. The Lakers definitely need to keep Fish and bring him off the bench. I would like to see the lakers get another guard myself, a big guard. Andre Miller would be perfect. Get it done Mitch!

Allanon
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Lakers can't afford anybody else.

Fish will be the starting guard next year with Farmar Brown getting prep'ed and ready.

The Lakers haven't had a great starting PG since Magic, and they're about to win their 4th championship. Lakers don't need a great PG as long as they're doing the triangle and have great passing guys like Lamar, Kobe, Pau, Luke.

Ron Ron Artest
06-12-2009, 12:15 PM
d. He hit 2 shots of his life in the past game and his "veteran leadership" came through during the rockets series with a shoulder to Scola which fired up LA.

I dont know if i call that "veteran leadership" or just a douche bag move from one of the NBA's biggest douche bags. Fisher is trash, he deserves to be where all trash should go, and that is the garbage can right next to the bench.

LakeShow
06-12-2009, 12:17 PM

Fish will be the starting guard next year with Farmar Brown getting prep'ed and ready.

The Lakers haven't had a great starting PG since Magic, and they're about to win their 4th championship. Lakers don't need a great PG as long as they're doing the triangle and have great passing guys like Lamar, Kobe, Pau, Luke.

True, but Millers a home town boy, maybe he'll sign for the minimum to get a ring? :D Wishful thinking, I know.

I rather not see the starting position go to farmer. He just makes too many mistakes.

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont know if i call that "veteran leadership" or just a douche bag move from one of the NBA's biggest douche bags. Fisher is trash, he deserves to be where all trash should go, and that is the garbage can right next to the bench.

http://blogs.amctv.com/monsterfest/burgandy.jpg

too soon?

DeadlyDynasty
06-12-2009, 12:22 PM

Disagree bro...Paul, D-Will, Brooks, Parker, etc all give us fits...we need an athletic point. In a perfect world I would love to see Ariza, Odom and Shannon Brown re-signed, with Brown getting major minutes. Brown is a good defender and has great shooting range. He just needs PT and more experience.

Allanon
06-12-2009, 12:27 PM
True, but Millers a home town boy, maybe he'll sign for the minimum to get a ring? :D Wishful thinking, I know.

I rather not see the starting position go to farmer. He just makes too many mistakes.

Yeah, Farmar makes his mistakes, I haven't been happy with him but he's had an injury year. I think the Lakers can give him one more year to try out for the team. Although I think Shannon Brown will eventually be the PG for the team.

Disagree bro...Paul, D-Will, Brooks, Parker, etc all give us fits...we need an athletic point. In a perfect world I would love to see Ariza, Odom and Shannon Brown re-signed, with Brown getting major minutes. Brown is a good defender and has great shooting range. He just needs PT and more experience.

I'm so used to the Lakers getting burned by Paul/DWill/Brooks/Parker that it doesn't even faze me anymore. Fish was never fast, even as a a rookie. And Smush refused to play D. Give speedy point guards an automatic +15. :lol

But as long as the Lakers can keep Odom/Ariza/Brown, I think they'll offset those speedy point guards with their defense and offense.